LE and this case

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think LE is tight-lipped because they don't need as much help from the public as they are portraying. I think they have a good handle in the situation, good leads, etc., versus Caylee being missing when no one was helping out and they had to reach out to the public.

I agree totally, why have a press conference if your not going to say anything. Very confusing and frustrating.

LaLaw, you got it as far as I am concerned, very well said.
I'll bet LE is dying to charge someone with obstruction, but that someone would be entitled to an attorney, and they are biting their tongues right now

LE is being very smart in this. They're in small town USA, where everyone knows each other / or everyone is related. Mostly everyone knows the key players & are friends or enemies to the families involved.

Put in context LE probably couldn't even get any info while they were in Satsuma from witnesses. Most feared retaliation, so LE moved command center to Palatka.In hopes of more info. Probably most friends & neighbors would have to fear retaliation for talking. This does hapen in the USA.Its not what you know its who you know.The good old boy system.

We have not heard from anyone who said a bad word, a leak here & there is it. I suspect the leaks come from LE, not anyone who knows them personally.

Great post! Also, isn't a family member a LE dispatcher somewhere close by? Maybe cards close to the vest is best at this time....even a dispatcher is privy to information - overhearing, looking up, etc...KWIM?

I think LE is tight-lipped because they don't need as much help from the public as they are portraying. I think they have a good handle in the situation, good leads, etc., versus Caylee being missing when no one was helping out and they had to reach out to the public.

AAACKKK! You said "reach out"!!!! You need a break! LOL :crazy:

I think it's a good thing they are quiet. The only thing they are owe anyone is the family, and if they don't need help from the public then nobody is owed an explanation of what is going on.

cocoamom...But she meant it "in a backwards sort of way".:crazy: Okay,I'll put myself in timeout.:)

overall I think the complete range of LE has handled the case well, not considering the search 10 south of Satsuma the other day. I think what they did there did not match the resources. In other words they could have gotten by with fewer LE. But then again your looking at several different agencies, I guess, being there and some of it may have been *live* training. But it did have the flavor of just milking the opportunity for some overtime, IMO.

Soon to be hubby did point a very good point to me, while reading over my shoulder.
To quote him. "Holding some stuff back is good, but what about the important things? No reports even mentioned the birthmark on her cheek. They could hold back investigative details, but isn't a full, accurate description of her a little different?"

He can't get an account, same IP address, so sometimes I have to post his thoughts too. I thought that was a good one.
way to go hubby to be! I agree! If we are to look at the face we need to see the birthmark. Perhaps a photo of what she would look like if her hair were cut or dyed. And her body shape... I am glad that the picture of her in the bikini running was posted (not sure where I saw it) but it exemplifies the turner's syndrome that she has (expanded shoulder area in comparison to torso and height, malformed elbows, shorter lower limbs compared to upper). I also agree that LE should make this known. So why didn't they? I tend to think they know and are on to something and that is why we have not seen more of the above. Today at the presser the media asked the sheriff if he knew what Misty said about the pink shirt. He said no, what did she say? Media then told him that she said she saw it in the laundry. LE said nothing to this to indicate surprise nor did they counter it with another fact. This tells me they are onto this pink shirt. They are all over Misty and trying to get a straight story and know they elements that she has screwed up already...and they are onto a line of thought that we are not privy to. Perhaps it is because they are afraid to put it out there because it could further endanger her life (if they figure her to be alive somewhere) OR they are in the recovery of remains mode and want to get it out of whomever can lead them to it...

Either way, I completely am trusting the Le team on this...it is not just local but fdle and fbi. I hope they can crack this soon.

It has been 10 days and they have gone long passed the time where they need to ask for the public's input in finding Haleigh. Unless they have a very good idea who she is with or indication she is dead, they need to pull out all the stops right now to find her. Playing this so close to the vest will only serve to keep the media at bay and does nothing to find Haleigh. In every missing person case, public eyes are the best bet every time. LE cannot cover the kind of ground that the media can and where the community at large lives.

I think it is way too early to know if LE has handled this properly.

What bugs the crap out of me is why do they have all these press conferences? They never answer any of the questions asked of them. It is frustrating. Just do a press release, no need for a conference if you aren't going to answer the questions.
bingo dude

(same thoughts nurse has been ponderin')

I have several thoughts on this:

1) most of the pressers have been on the subject of family pleas, and reward increases. (perhaps they are targeting a known person of the family, friend, or secondarily related person that would buckle to this or take the reward and dump Haleigh off somewhere)

2) LE gives nothing. They are "working" or "following" everything the media presents them with without even one BIT of investigative cheese. They will not elaborate or corraboratae on the car siezed and processed nor will they comment on friends, cousins, let alone MISTY and her (to put it nicely) confusing statements.

VIA all that above: I think that LE is working from the inner circle out and cannot clear the family.....and at the same time are trying to investigate the rsos in the area and other persons who could possibly be one who would abduct a child out of her bed. They are at a loss. I think they continue to UNEARTH VIA ALL LE TOOLS any info that MISTY has and has not shared.

When one can actually hear the questions, it is often very telling what LE does not say and how they do not say it, as it is when they do say something.

It is frustrating, but you have to remember that Caylee's case was so different. By the time they started releasing information, not only was a defense attorney involved who had the right to discovery, but by then they knew that it was too late to save little Caylee and they already knew who the murderer was. In this case they may know ALOT more, but keeping quite on what you know keeps the kidnapper calmer too, so that they don't flee and they don't panic and do something to Haleigh if she is still alive. And that is the case no matter if the person was related or someone passing thru on the train. I am dying to see what they have, but I am willing to try to be patient for Haleigh's sake and think LE is probably doing a great job.

Someone else mentioned the trailer being released. Sorry, can't remember but anyway, if Misty was not home, as I suspect, and this had been a regular thing, the person who has her might have known he had several hours and could have spent a lot of time in the trailer, or a little. However, they may just be fingerprinting the ENTIRE place. The longer they could have been in there, the greater chance they lost a hair or something. I feel bad for them in the tents, but if it were one of my children I would sleep wherever they told me to, just find my daughter.

Can someone explain to me why it is they wouldn't at least be letting the family in on things? Any interview I have seen with any of this family they have said when asked things that they are finding out stuff through the media and I just find that pathetic. They should not be finding this stuff out through the media IMO the police should be informing them.

I just do not think that LE is doing a good job on this. AT ALL. I loved the police that were working on Caylee's Case.

Does anyone know when LE began to control access to Ron's mh ? I assume it would be standard protocol to do so as soon as they arrive - but I'm not that knowledgeable about LE procedures. Has anyone seen any news reports that indicate when the home was roped off as a crime scene ?

Honestly, to me it feels like a JBR thing. Cover up, and preferential treatment for the dad, who is probably the perp. jmo

I think the LE needs to let the public know a little about what is going on with the case. I feel there is no better way to find a missing child than new conferences, how else would anyone know what the child looks like and possible changes to their appearance. I think that LE has made many mistakes in this case, and should have used the public to aide in the searching for HC. In the beginning things were going fairly well, but since the day that LE stated that they now have to start from square one, and five plus months later, i am very upset. If i were the parents of missing HC then i would be all over LE every minute of every single day, demanding.

I also feel that maybe there might be some reasoning behind LE being so tight lipped. I am not sure exactly what i think has happened, but i am pretty confident that LE has their ideas as to what happened, but have no evidence to prove it.

I feel as if it is a catch 22....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleepingpillsstore
Back