LE serves search warrant on family home #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Found the item in question they are air filters:

productimage-picture-astecair-monair-8-cf-a201-7.jpg

I did a search with google images for forensic's filters and it came up with that picture and this link:

http://www.globalfiltration.co.uk/category/carbon-filters/

Well, I read the article, but I still don't know how these things are used or what for? Hazardous fumes? All I can think of is meth lab. :waitasec:

Crime 360 is a great show. Very few police departments have the technology that they use on that show. Basically, upon arriving at a scene they use, what I will call a camera (i'm sure there is a technical name) to create a 360 degree snapshot of a crime scene. Thus, preserving the whole seen in 3D.
Very cool, but rare for departments to have.

But I saw it on CSI:NY! :innocent:

Actually, iPhones do. (iPhone owner)

So am I. I didn't realize it had one till I googled just now. I assumed it didnt since its not easily removable like my old phones where you just open the battery cover. Durr..

Thanks for setting me straight.

These seem to look a big thicker then the ones LE is carrying in and out. Researching wall xrays it is usually a device that is placed flat on the wall then scanned down it. I suppose there might be some new technique they are using. Maybe this is a new Dr Vass invention. I don't know, just searching around trying to find something that might match or make sense.

IMHO, I've got to think it is one or all of the missing cell phones. Finding one hidden in the house will discredit mom & dad completely...

I saw on a TV Detective show last week that even when you turn your phone off, the GPS continues to ping....(that's how they tracked their perp).
I think I remember this also being discussed in a certain other CASE ....

Can we keep the phone stuff in the phone thread?
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151083"]Missing cell phones - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

:seeya: To the 152 guests now on the thread...Please join us!

So am I. I didn't realize it had one till I googled just now. I assumed it didnt since its not easily removable like my old phones where you just open the battery cover. Durr..

Thanks for setting me straight.

Looks like I should quit listening to the hubby-know-it-all and do my own research from now on. TIA!

To look for specific items. To tear up carpet, bust a hole in the wall, bust a couch up, etc.

To cover their legal azzes, so that the home owners can't later sue the city by claiming that LE unlawfully went into the home and destroyed it.

Isn't there such a thing as putting a rush on the warrant? If not, there should be! I mean the governor is able to call in the national guard and yet it takes this long to get a warrant to search the house.
Kinda seems weird to me, I almost feel like this was some sort of LE ploy, like they wanted the parents to feel comfortable going back to the home...while LE was keeping an eye on it.
I just don't get it.

OT, but for anyone who knows how to capture a screen shot, I would love to know how to do that, DM me, TIA

apologize if this has already been answered.
On a mac, you press <command> <shift> <4> at the same time. Then a cross hair thingy will come up and you can place it where ever you want the picture. (you'll hear a click). Then search for the file on your desktop.

Do we know if the road is still closed, it appears to be being no one has driven down it. I am hoping that we see the CSI and FBI descend on the house again because they found something when they returned to the lab. They cant keep the house forever so they hopefully got something, then again, I think if they did, mom would be under arrest.

PS. I still didnt get in the shower.. I have to do that now. keep me informed.. i shall return, oh and I have to cook dinner too. Ugh.

Well, I read the article, but I still don't know how these things are used or what for? Hazardous fumes? All I can think of is meth lab. :waitasec:

From the link:

Fume cupboard hoods are used where exhaust of harmful vapours, gases and dusts to the atmosphere is not possible. These fume hoods can also be fitted with HEPA filters or other "combination filters"

http://www.globalfiltration.co.uk/category/carbon-filters/

I doubt this is what the CSIs were taking in & out of the house. The carbon filters @ the above link are filters that are typically used in fume cabinets to clean the air of various compounds.

I think the rectangular black items are either x-ray films or shoe print lifting films.

I don't see how they can be air filters because wouldn't they want the door to stay sealed to lock in the air?

Could they actually be xray films...they hold up to a certain area of a wall, then use the hand held thing that looks like a blow dryer, it xrays it, he waits, then takes it out to the van to store it. This would make many trips doing the entire wall, ceiling and attic. wouldn't it?

i have been following this case. I am trying to keep my comments within TOS. Could baby Lisa's disappearance be traced back to some unsavory characters known to her family? IDK, and hope I haven't violated any TOS

Isn't there such a thing as putting a rush on the warrant? If not, there should be! I mean the governor is able to call in the national guard and yet it takes this long to get a warrant to search the house.
Kinda seems weird to me, I almost feel like this was some sort of LE ploy, like they wanted the parents to feel comfortable going back to the home...while LE was keeping an eye on it.
I just don't get it.

Well you need probable cause to get a warrant and it just might be that they didnt have any until all the interview the parents did with the media and whatever came out at the GJ yesterday.

Sorry, it's all my fault. I started this blasted mess.

I think if it's about *searching* for the phones, then that fits here, doesn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18