LE serves search warrant on family home #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In an interview, didn't the mother change her timeline and say that she saw the baby at 10:30-she went in the room and Lisa was standing in her crib so she laid her back down and covered her up? "If" something happened to the baby in the home, I just wonder if this has to do with anything (or will be used as an explanation/cover-story)... IMO

I apologize if someone else has already posted this. But did anyone watch Michael Baden on Fox and Friends this am? His theory is that DB brought Lisa in bed with her and accidentally smothered her(due to drunkeness, of course). It's possible and happens with infants sometimes. But wouldn't Lisa have cried out first if her rather well padded mother rolled on top of her?

my bolding

It's a horrible thought but if Lisa was being smothered from DB's body she probably wasn't able to cry out.

JMHO

KMBC just reported a man witnessed another man carrying a baby the night (4 am) Lisa went missing. He's shown in an interview there. I pray to GOD she's still alive.

http://www.kmbc.com/news/29547997/detail.html

Did anyone figure out why they discounted the woman's story about seeing a man walking down the street with a baby? Her husband told her to contact police and she felt regretful that she did not? I remember seeing footage of this.

The family was particularly perplexed by the need for investigators to obtain a warrant to search the family home on Wednesday. Weeks ago, Short said, Bradley and Irwin gave police permission to do anything they wanted at the house.

Short said she was told that officers wanted to use “more invasive procedures” at the house. Media reports had investigators hauling off carpet and using a portable X-ray machine to study the walls.

“There was no reason to use the search warrants,” Short said. “The only reason they did it was to isolate (Bradley and Irwin) and present an image in the community that was unfair and inaccurate.”

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/20/3220223/baby-lisas-lawyers-say-police.html#ixzz1bPXQuu2E

She knows full well why a search warrant was needed and is trying to twist it in the media.

I agree. Sounds like LE is through playing their games.

KMBC just reported a man witnessed another man carrying a baby the night (4 am) Lisa went missing. He's shown in an interview there. I pray to GOD she's still alive.

http://www.kmbc.com/news/29547997/detail.html

Did anyone figure out why they discounted the woman's story about seeing a man walking down the street with a baby? Her husband told her to contact police and she felt regretful that she did not? I remember seeing footage of this.
Interesting... can anyone please help the geographically challenged Codger + lead me to this area on the map with all the other searches + so forth marked? I tried, I really did, but I can't seem to pinpoint either street he mentioned, which I believe were Randolph + NE 48th? Is this near any of the other areas LE has looked at or searched thus far? TIA if anyone can help.

ETA - Here's the link for the map with the other areas marked. [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7235665&postcount=4"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Maps and pictures of the area[/ame]

I apologize if someone else has already posted this. But did anyone watch Michael Baden on Fox and Friends this am? His theory is that DB brought Lisa in bed with her and accidentally smothered her(due to drunkeness, of course). It's possible and happens with infants sometimes. But wouldn't Lisa have cried out first if her rather well padded mother rolled on top of her?

She might have, but if her mother was that drunk, it probably wouldn't wake her, especially if her cries were muffled by the weight of her mother's body. I guess it depends on what position the baby was sleeping in whether or not she could cry out loud enough to awaken her passed-out mother. I agree with this theory.

This is day 2 of no known searches (yet). Before the warrant to search the home was served they were searching daily and IMO searching hard. Now nothing. does this stick out to anyone else?

Defense attorneys sure are brazen. God forbid one of their children ever goes missing. LE has done an outstanding job. My guess is they have spent well over six figures on this investigation already. Hundreds of searchers parking their normal duties to look for Lisa. All because of one person refusing to own up to what was done. The negative karma this person is going to experience is severe to say the least.

Once in a hotel I heard infant screaming and screaming in next room. After 45 minutes I called front desk. Security came but nobody answered their knocks and calls so they finally entered with key. I watched from hall. A young mother who was morbidly obese was passed out on bed with her tiny baby beside her. The screams hadn't wakened her. Security had to shake her really hard to get her to wake. (At first I thought she was dead.) I left then so don't know what else happened.

Had she rolled over, the hotel woman could easily have suffocated her (screaming) baby.

Defense attorneys sure are brazen. God forbid one of their children ever goes missing. LE has done an outstanding job. My guess is they have spent well over six figures on this investigation already. Hundreds of searchers parking their normal duties to look for Lisa. All because of one person refusing to own up to what was done.
I hear you, but I think there are more than one person who knows.

Whether it be family/friend/acquaintance-oriented, extremely rare possibility of someone else, or witnesses.

You would think someone would want to claim the reward (if even the $100K reward is legit, I have my doubts). For all we know, there have been many trying to claim it, I guess. My jaded outlook does not exclude the possibility of the perp(s) trying to claim the reward, whether Lisa is alive or not.

I continue to have faith in LE, MBI (proper term?), SAR, and FBI...no particular order, LOL. ;)

James McKenna
sleep expert
It would be irresponsible for me to say there's no chance of your rolling over and crushing your baby if you sleep-share. Yet studies suggest that mothers and infants intuitively sense each other's presence in bed.

At the University of Notre Dame's Mother-Baby Behavioral Sleep Laboratory, our studies of breastfeeding mothers who sleep with their 2- to 4-month-olds reveal that both mothers and their babies are extremely sensitive throughout the night to each other's shifting position in the bed.

During my many years of studying sleep-sharing, I've never heard of a single instance in which, under safe conditions, it was proven that a mother suffocated her child. Notice that I said safe conditions: Babies can and do accidentally suffocate when one or both parents doesn't know a baby is in the bed, is drunk or desensitized by drugs, or is indifferent to the baby's presence. The smaller and younger the baby, the more possible it is that a rollover might occur, according to recent data.

http://www.babycenter.com/404_is-there-a-chance-ill-roll-over-and-crush-my-baby-if-we-shar_7759.bc

Thank you! :great:
I was on the whole other side of town naturally. So, whomever put that dot on the map (it was probably there + I didn't see it in my fluster) THANK YOU!

The house WAS roped off and treated as a crime scene for the entire first day or two. Much video to prove it.
There are a couple pictures of both DB & JI removing items from the home on October 5th. That would be Day 2
http://media.kansas.com/smedia/2011/10/05/23/21/119-vzhO2.SlMa.81.jpg
Image Info:

and one more from Oct 5th:
http://media.kansas.com/smedia/2011/10/05/23/22/800-1aGpgD.SlMa.81.jpg

We’ve told them, if you need anything we can provide it,” Short said.How about Lisa... provide ALL answers to LE - pass the LTD - so that the LE can move on - but- NO - the MOther can not pass the LDT and she knows it - IF she is honest and wants to be cleared should would have re-peated the test - IMO

“There was no reason to use the search warrants,” Short said. “The only reason they did it was to isolate (Bradley and Irwin) and present an image in the community that was unfair and inaccurate.”
WTH? If Le found anything in the house that they can use as evidence in the courts, al the family would have to say is "they had no permission do go in our home and take anything" - LE would be standing there without a searchwarrant in hand - wouldn't that evidence be worth garbage...??

Short said she and the couple are weighing a request from police for a new interview with detectives and are considering the terms under which they might agreeHuh? I thought they were letting LE do anything they wanted to, that the parents are cooperating...

The couple also receives five or six calls a day from investigators, said Short, who estimated that Bradley and Irwin each have spent about 40 hours answering police questions since Lisa disappeared
Gawd, this makes me sick - poor them that they have spent about 40 hours talking to LE in the phone

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/20/3220223/baby-lisas-lawyers-say-police.html#ixzz1bQlLofot

There are a couple pictures of both DB & JI removing items from the home on October 5th. That would be Day 2
Image Info:

and one more from Oct 5th:
http://media.kansas.com/smedia/2011/10/05/23/22/800-1aGpgD.SlMa.81.jpg
The house was treated as a crime scene up until this point though. Nobody was allowed in or out and CSI did process it. They may have also had to show what they had, we dont know. I was just responding to why the detectives were entering without gloves. Prints had already been taken at this point so gloves on or off entering the door is moot.

Just noticing a difference here in Terri HOrmans Lawyer, Steven Houze - who says NOTHING because Terri is not charged with anything for him to talk about...

And this one...

Short is criminal defense - her clients have no been charged with anything - isn't she kinda working way ahead of herself??

After reading the article above, I have no doubts that Lisa'a mother vanished her.... TY to Short for opening my eyes!

We’ve told them, if you need anything we can provide it,” Short said.How about Lisa... provide ALL answers to LE - pass the LTD - so that the LE can move on - but- NO - the MOther can not pass the LDT and she knows it - IF she is honest and wants to be cleared should would have re-peated the test - IMO

WTH? If Le found anything in the house that they can use as evidence in the courts, al the family would have to say is "they had no permission do go in our home and take anything" - LE would be standing there without a searchwarrant in hand - wouldn't that evidence be worth garbage...??

Short said she and the couple are weighing a request from police for a new interview with detectives and are considering the terms under which they might agreeHuh? I thought they were letting LE do anything they wanted to, that the parents are cooperating...

The couple also receives five or six calls a day from investigators, said Short, who estimated that Bradley and Irwin each have spent about 40 hours answering police questions since Lisa disappeared
Gawd, this makes me sick - poor them that they have spent about 40 hours talking to LE in the phone

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/20/3220223/baby-lisas-lawyers-say-police.html#ixzz1bQlLofot
40 hours vs. how many hundreds (thousands?) of hours of LE/FBI/taxpayer dollars?

How many hours have JI and DB spent on looking for/assisting those who are looking for Lisa (in addition to the 40 hours of questioning by LE)?

40 hours divided by 2 parents = 20 hours each (if it can be equally divided between them)...divided by 10 days now...equal 2 hours per day each. Even if it's 40 hours for each of them, read on.

Of course, we can only go by what is reported in MSM, and don't know what else they were doing. But an entire family on each side behind them, or even only on one side...that makes it much less than 2 hours per day each.

And you would think that whatever they are doing to find Lisa, they would want it reported in the media...to spread the word...to garner further support...to find Lisa.

Just saying...

SIGH.

:angel:

Any news on ANY searches going on today?

TIA

Any news on ANY searches going on today?

TIA

Graves with the fbi said this/re: witness sightings:

The woman said police have interviewed her four times and police say they are still looking into the possible sightings.

"That is something that we've followed up on," said Kansas City Police Department Sgt. Stacey Graves. "We've haven't discounted it and we have no reason to believe that they didn't see what they said that they saw."

Graves said investigators plan on continuing to follow up on tips and leads today.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-baby-lisa-eyewitnesses-convinced-sighting/story?id=14786129

I wouldn't be surprised to see activity between the house and the second witness sighting location

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668