LE wants to interview the parents separately

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Before this thread gets "CLOSED":
If no one "Speculated," theorized or ran theories through, bumping their ideas of of one another no case would ever get solved.

The parents have told multiple versions of the story of the day and night that their child disappeared, they have added little minutiae every time they tell a newer version. This does not bode well for trying to keep an open mind. Every time they say they have nothing to hide their story gets some new detail that was not there in any previous rendition. Even their lawyers can't keep up with their conflicting stories.

Some of us have tried very hard to keep an open mind but it gets harder by the day. LE has given almost no information. In fact, they have had to ask media to stay away from the searches. They have searched abandoned houses, woods, river banks, questioned every available neighbor, etc. etc. tracked down the local convict/neighborhood homeless handyman. The only thing they have said publicly is that it would help the investigation if those who lived in that house would sit down with them again and answer more and currently relevant questions.

Almost every detail we have about evidence for or against a "kidnapping" has come from the family members, their reps, their neighbors and print and video media. We know that false information is reported by MSM as fact and rarely corrected by anyone (Family, lawyers, witnesses, or LE)

This is a mess of a case and the National Media represented family assisted by their PI and Lawyers is just muddying up the details. One of the most confusing parts to this case is why the family is spending more time defending and exposing themselves as opposed to telling us every little detail about their missing daughter that they can remember. If people could see her most current picture, know her likes and dislikes, her eating and sleeping habits, personality traits etc., then maybe the majority of us could keep a more open mind.

thumbnail.aspx

Wherever she is tonight, sweet Lisa Irwin sure has a lot of passionate folks here at WS thinking about her and trying to figure out what could have happened to her. It's a good thing, whether we're on the fence or strongly convinced of one theory or another. This baby has not been forgotten just because the media coverage has died down a bit and she hasn't been located.

Awareness is key; hoping Lisa is found soon.:beats:

That picture crushes me!!

Unreasonable to exercise your right to an attorney, guaranteed in the constitution? I wouldn't call insisting on my miranda rights unreasonable.

And I hate to be a flag draper, but people have died for that right.

My son fought for those rights.. No one is saying they dont have a right to their constitutional rights. No one is trying to take away their 5th amendment right from them. Why would they be miranderized anyway. They arent under arrest. No one said they cannot have an attorney present, it would up to the parents if they want their attorney present. They can deny it or say yes they want it. LE would probably at this point in time want the atty there. Not sure where all these constitution things are coming from. As a Libertarian/Constitutionalist I dont see any of their rights being violated at all.

I have absolutely no idea what could have happened to this baby. There are very very odd circumstances and I have a hard time believing someone came in to the house, took the baby and 3 cell phones and took off on foot in sweatpants. BUT.
I think it is entirely possible that someone from LE accused Mom of something nefarious.
Now that they have attorneys, I dont understand why they arent talking to police, but IF its because they feel like they have already been accused and judged, I can see why they want to talk to someone else. There has to be more than 1 detective in this city.
I just find it tacky and arrogant that LE tells media they are refusing to cooperate instead of just having others interview them. Its allot of spin and a big power struggle.

Why should the parents call the shots, they need LE not the other way around....

thumbnail.aspx

Wherever she is tonight, sweet Lisa Irwin sure has a lot of passionate folks here at WS thinking about her and trying to figure out what could have happened to her. It's a good thing, whether we're on the fence or strongly convinced of one theory or another. This baby has not been forgotten just because the media coverage has died down a bit and she hasn't been located.

Awareness is key; hoping Lisa is found soon.:beats:

Sadly, awareness is not enough. I can't help thinking of Kyron, for example...he had plenty of media for quite a while, a "Dateline" and "Oprah" and more...IMO the only thing that truly helps is the truth from all close to the victim, and a lucky break in finding the child. JMO

..how sad..

..this dear old man is even out doing more than the parents.

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-na...ar-old-who-went-searching-for-baby-lisa-irwin

Ferguson, Mo. - Police are looking for Cleo Jones, 73, who believed he must search for missing 11-month-old Lisa Irwin because he was confused, according to his family.

KMOV reports that Jones was convinced Baby Lisa is his granddaughter, despite his daughter reassuring him that he is not the child's grandfather and has no relation to the missing Kansas City girl.

“It has been Wednesday since he has had his medication,” his niece Karen Spencer told the local news outlet. “He has Alzheimer's, he is diabetic and he also has high blood pressure. So, time is definitely of the essence.”

Jones was last seen leaving his home at about 10:30 p.m. Wednesday night and hasn't been heard from since.

Oh no! :tears: This sounds like it could be almost any of the people on my Grandma's AD unit. :tears: God help him & those who love him!!!

That picture crushes me!!

Me too linajoy. I love Lisa's smile. I hope we get to see photos of her smiling and safe as she grows older. If not, I hope that whoever robbed her of her light on this earth is brought to justice.

No, they only have to advise you of your rights when they arrest you. Those rights exist whether or not you have been arrested and formally advised of them - you always have the right not to say anything, and to demand an attorney be present when you're interviewed.

If you are taken in to talk with the police as in their case because their daughter was KIDNAPPED, they dont read you your rights. Its an informal talk about where Lisa could be. If the questioning feels as though they are trying to accuse you you can stop the questioning if you want to and say you would like an atty. Most innocent people do not do this unless they are accused of something. You do not get read your rights unless you are under arrest. Even if that arrest does not stick and they arrest you to get information they must read your rights to you, but only if you are placed under arrest, they do not read them to you to speak with you.

Sadly, awareness is not enough. I can't help thinking of Kyron, for example...he had plenty of media for quite a while, a "Dateline" and "Oprah" and more...IMO the only thing that truly helps is the truth from all close to the victim, and a lucky break in finding the child. JMO

I'm with you cluciano. Awareness isn't all it takes, by a long shot. But, it helps if there is any chance this child is alive and out there. I hope she is, but I personally believe the chances are slim (JMO). Clinging to a sliver of hope still...

Before this thread gets "CLOSED":
If no one "Speculated," theorized or ran theories through, bumping their ideas of of one another no case would ever get solved.

The parents have told multiple versions of the story of the day and night that their child disappeared, they have added little minutiae every time they tell a newer version. This does not bode well for trying to keep an open mind. Every time they say they have nothing to hide their story gets some new detail that was not there in any previous rendition. Even their lawyers can't keep up with their conflicting stories.

Some of us have tried very hard to keep an open mind but it gets harder by the day. LE has given almost no information. In fact, they have had to ask media to stay away from the searches. They have searched abandoned houses, woods, river banks, questioned every available neighbor, etc. etc. tracked down the local convict/neighborhood homeless handyman. The only thing they have said publicly is that it would help the investigation if those who lived in that house would sit down with them again and answer more and currently relevant questions.

Almost every detail we have about evidence for or against a "kidnapping" has come from the family members, their reps, their neighbors and print and video media. We know that false information is reported by MSM as fact and rarely corrected by anyone (Family, lawyers, witnesses, or LE)

This is a mess of a case and the National Media represented family assisted by their PI and Lawyers is just muddying up the details. One of the most confusing parts to this case is why the family is spending more time defending and exposing themselves as opposed to telling us every little detail about their missing daughter that they can remember. If people could see her most current picture, know her likes and dislikes, her eating and sleeping habits, personality traits etc., then maybe the majority of us could keep a more open mind.

Personally I try to keep an open mind to all things. I also feel that everyone has the right to be on the fence or on either side of it. JMO.

1) Isn't it possible/permissible for the parents to request a meeting with the supervisor of the detective department of the KCPD? Can't they go "up the chain of command," so to speak, in their own defense?

2) Why do the parents have defense lawyers if the lawyers are not talking to the police? Are the lawyers only expected to defend the parents in the court of public opinion?

3) I truly do not understand the stalemate at this point. What would the parents do if the KCPD classified the investigation as a cold case due to the parents' refusing to answer questions that "only they can answer." How can the parents expect the public to rise to their defense when they (the parents) are so secretive and so (MOO) manipulative?

TIA.

Oh no! :tears: This sounds like it could be almost any of the people on my Grandma's AD unit. :tears: God help him & those who love him!!!

That is heartbreaking! I hope someone finds him and he is okay.

If you are taken in to talk with the police as in their case because their daughter was KIDNAPPED, they dont read you your rights. Its an informal talk about where Lisa could be. If the questioning feels as though they are trying to accuse you you can stop the questioning if you want to and say you would like an atty. Most innocent people do not do this unless they are accused of something. You do not get read your rights unless you are under arrest. Even if that arrest does not stick and they arrest you to get information they must read your rights to you, but only if you are placed under arrest, they do not read them to you to speak with you.

I don't think that applies when they're screaming at you that you murdered her. My guess is, they mirandized her before that scenario. This wasn't informal.

If it is a stranger abduction I just think the parents with their lawyer, need to get down to the police station asap, answer their questions then everyone can move on and look for the real kidnapper. If they want to get the public back on side and looking for Lisa they have to do this, if it doesn't happen then we can probably guess why.

I don't think that applies when they're screaming at you that you murdered her. My guess is, they mirandized her before that scenario. This wasn't informal.

Has the "screaming" been confirmed, or is this based on what mom says?
Also, I doubt very much she was read her rights just to be interviewed. JMO

Is there a link saying DB was being screamed at???

1) Isn't it possible/permissible for the parents to request a meeting with the supervisor of the detective department of the KCPD? Can't they go "up the chain of command," so to speak, in their own defense?

2) Why do the parents have defense lawyers if the lawyers are not talking to the police? Are the lawyers only expected to defend the parents in the court of public opinion?

3) I truly do not understand the stalemate at this point. What would the parents do if the KCPD classified the investigation as a cold case due to the parents' lack of co

TIA.

All good questions.... :waitasec: I have no solid, factual answers. Just opinions.

1. Sure, the parents can request anything. It doesn't mean LE has to give it to them.
2. IDK :waitasec:
3. MOO - the same thing they've been doing. Not cooperate. moo

On October 8th, the parents, along with their lawyer CS went in for questioning. A full 4 days after their daughter went missing. LE announced that they were relieved that the parents were co-operating again. However I believe that was also cut short because they were restricting the questions. That is likely where the other 6 hours in the 17 hours equation comes in. If they are going to pick and choose what they will answer that is not very productive IMO.

They have not returned to the station to be interviewed without restrictions since. Even though their daughter has been missing for 21 days now. LE does still try to reach out to them by calling them and asking questions pertaining to tips that they receive. So they will only answer questions that pertain to the abductor theory.

MOO

Exactly. That is the problem, they cannot pick and choose what type of questions they want to answer and what time of the day or night or what day of the week they will answer them and by who they will be questioned by. If only life worked that way. This is a huge problem in this case and where it became about them and stopped being about Lisa. I will still bring up Mark Klaas, God bless that man who has come on TV numerous times saying how he was a suspect and knew he would be but would never stop the police from questioning him. He gave LE everything they wanted because he wanted his daughter back that bad. He is an example that this family should be following. I am not quite sure who they are trying to follow at this time but they are either both sociopaths and quite narcissistic in DB's case that is or they are getting some really bad advice or BOTH.. They do not have Lisa's best interests at heart, why bother having her found is the way it seems they are thinking, and its disgusting. I am not sure how anyone cannot feel disgust towards these people. I dont feel sorry for them at all. Lisa is my concern.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
documentaryh
Back