Lee Anthony's CMA reference?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very insightful and accurate, shadow of my mind.

Bears repeating, imo.

Could LA have been talking/looking in to a webcam - speaking to/looking at Casey (on Jose's laptop, within the jail)? Why else would he have brought his laptop up there vs a printed statement??!?!?!?!

I don't remember seeing them but I will have to go back and see if I can find that picture. Although it unusual that LA use the initials it is rather odd for her to have them in her room too. Most kids have the name on the wall not their initials.

It may very well have some connection to why LA kept saying CMA. Perhaps he made him or hung them or taught Caylee to say the letters. But there definitely meaning as to why he used initials. I hate to think he was talking to KC.

I honestly don't think he was using the intials so he can send "coded" message to Casey. I found his speech to be sincere and from the heart. This is the first time I have seen anything other than anger or determination in his demeanor. He was heartbroken, and the only thing he said, to me, that could have been translated as a "hidden message" was when he said something to the affect that anyone who knows the truth, speak the truth. To me that was a message to his sister to end this with the truth, so they can all deal with the consequenses of that truth...and heal.

Yes that true, I can't see what he would learn about life living in a cell.

Yes, but wouldn't say, if speaking to Caylee..."each day you taught me how life should be lived." I know that's picky, but it is odd phrasing. How is Caylee teaching him now? Of course I don't know how KC would be teaching him now either, but still, it's odd wording to me.

LAs attorney says LA was probably addressing both Casey and KC with his message.

I think LA addressed Caylee, Casey, and Cindy. Cindy's initials are CMA also. She is the one who taught and teaches him how to live. He is proud of Cindy, and he hopes she is proud of him. The promise may have been made to Cindy. Cindy certainly reacted to what he was saying like she knew what he was talking about.

I also agree that his message to Casey was to come clean.

Snipped by me for space.

I think saying "CMA" twice and kissing his wrist twice, was one each for both Caylee AND Casey. It was meant for BOTH of them.

Could be. But I find it hard to believe that he was referring to Casey when he said "I am so proud of you. I hope you're proud of me too."

What could he possibly be proud of his sister about? How she tried to humiliate and hurt their parents the day before the memorial service? He had just stated moments before that he approved of the service. Proud of Casey's lies? Proud of what she did to his beloved niece?

I still think this reference was to Caylee and not to Casey. Just my opinion ...

Could be. But I find it hard to believe that he was referring to Casey when he said "I am so proud of you. I hope you're proud of me too."

What could he possibly be proud of his sister about?
How she tried to humiliate and hurt their parents the day before the memorial service? He had just stated moments before that he approved of the service. Proud of Casey's lies? Proud of what she did to his beloved niece?

I still think this reference was to Caylee and not to Casey. Just my opinion ...

Maybe he's proud of her for sticking to her story, never wavering, and being "strong" in the face of extreme pressure from LE. Kind of like George's suicide letter when he said Casey was a "strong" beautiful, woman and he was proud of her. They all want to put on the appearance of believing in her "innocence".

"For those of us that are frightened or angry, or mournful, or that just don't understand - I ask that you fill your heart with patience and grace. And that you allow yourself to yield any judgments that you may already have. For those of us that will never be the same again, I ask that you fill your heart with hope and forgiveness. You allow yourself to cope and heal. Finally, for those of us that have the knowledge and the means to facilitate the answers that my family deserves, I ask that you fill your hearts with compassion and truth, and I ask that you allow your conscience to speak for you when your mind cannot comprehend the right words to say. I sincerely hope that this day allows those affected by it to take from it whatever it is that you need to take, if its closure you seek here today, I certainly hope you're able to find it. Today is the day to remember today is the day to pay tribute. Today is the day for this family to unite and display their solidarity in strength.

I've gotta tell you - this family is united. But this family is incomplete. I'm incomplete. I- I'm broken. CMA, it will never be the same again. CMA. Each day you continue to teach me about life and about the way it SHOULD be lived. Each day you give me the ability to be strong or to be weak. It's been so long since I've been able to see you or to hug you or to tell you how much you mean to me. CMA. I miss you, I love you. CMA. I am so proud of you. I hope you're proud of me too. I need you to know that I will never forget the promise that I made to you. I will never forget."

This is my take on Lee’s portion of the memorial service. It is my opinion of what I heard and saw.

I believe that Lee was speaking directly to Casey for most of this. One would think that he may have been attempting to let her know that he wanted her to tell the truth, no matter what it was and that he still loved her but my instincts tell me he was telling Casey that no matter what he would keep his promise to her. (Sic Casey).
What that promise is becomes the question. It could be just simply that he would support her no matter what she did. It could be that she confided something in him, and he will never speak of it to anyone or they share a common knowledge about something that they promised each ever never to speak about.

I think that his first line "For those of us that are frightened or angry, or mournful, or that just don't understand - I ask that you fill your heart with patience and grace”. may have been directed at Mallory. The part about having “Finally, for those of us that have the knowledge and the means to facilitate the answers that my family deserves, I ask that you fill your hearts with compassion and truth,” is worded odd. “For those of us” sounds like he knows exactly whom “us” is. If he had been speaking to whomever, meaning he believes that Casey is not responsible for Caylee’s death he would have said “for those of you”
“ I sincerely hope that this day allows those affected by it to take from it whatever it is that you need to take, if its closure you seek here today, I certainly hope you're able to find it”. He is also making it clear that this memorial in no way brings closure to him but…. half heartedly he adds that maybe ‘someone’ can find it but it certainly won’t be me.

“Each day you continue to teach me about life and about the way it SHOULD be lived. Each day you give me the ability to be strong or to be weak.” This part is where Lee is saying about you continue to teach me about life and about the way it should be lived is to me this was the most normal part of everything he said. I think that right here he may actually be speaking about Caylee and how her death has given him a different view of how humanity acts and reacts. That one can be strong and face the challenge of not knowing what is going to happen but one has to just put one foot in front of the other or it’s ok to sit and bawl your eyes out. “CMA” This is where the tone takes yet again a turn. The use of CMA and not Caylee is the part I find to be the strangest. It is not normal to use initials when speaking of someone. To use initials to reference someone on paper maybe but not to use as a substitute for his or her name, especially in a public forum such as a memorial. I feel this was done on purpose.

“ I've gotta tell you - this family is united. But this family is incomplete. I'm incomplete. I- I'm broken.” Now don’t throw cups at me that to me sound more like a sentiment that is used by spouse or a parent when a loved one has died or is missing. The roles in this family that everyone played is so convoluted that it is difficult to discern what part they are playing and when. Was Lee speaking as a ‘father image’ to Casey, a ‘big brother’ image or something more. Was Lee’s role to Caylee just an uncle in his own mind, a substitute father figure to Caylee or a brother? Which family? Casey, Lee & Caylee or Lee, Mallory, George, Cindy and Casey. Again, since we don’t know what role Lee is playing while saying this we don’t know what he means as he says this.
I know with my own son, with my niece whom I took custody of because my sister was not able to function as her mother due to mental illness sometimes seemed almost to act as her big brother, not a cousin but at other times he would read her the riot act about her behavior her no different then if he was her father despite the fact that there is only about 10 years between them. It can be very easy for those ‘normal’ roles to become blurred.

“It's been so long since I've been able to see you or to hug you or to tell you how much you mean to me.” IMHO Lee is telling Casey that he misses her, that he missing being able to hug her.
This is not past tense this is present. Caylee is dead. If it was Caylee it would be I will never be able to see you again or give you another hug. Listen to George’s portion. He is speaking about what he and Caylee used to do and how when he remembers or thinks back how he felt. Lee is speaking in a different manor and I have to be blunt and say he sounds like a man who is doing his best at dealing with the emotions that come with the loss of wife or lover. Whether Lee means that or not is something that I cannot determine. Due to how badly the family dynamics were it may be possible that Lee just does not have a clear understanding of love for a sister as apposed to love for a significant other and can not separate his feelings well enough so the rest of us can understand who he is referencing to let alone find the proper words to express it.

“ I am so proud of you. I hope you're proud of me too.” Now this is where we get back to the entire idea that he may be speaking to Casey and not speaking about Caylee. To me it is the ‘so proud of you” that is the clue. There is no way I can connect those words to Caylee. Proud of what? What would Caylee be proud of Lee for? She wasn’t yet 3 years old. Then he moves directly to the “I need you to know that I will never forget the promise that I made to you. I will never forget." I think this is also to Casey. The idea that he made a promise to himself that he would find Caylee or bring those guilty to justice crossed my mind but the wording is off for that. “I need you to know” a need is something that is today. If that was Caylee he is referring I would think that he would have used something more along the lines of “I want you to know”or “I made a promise ” looking up or pointing up as he spoke. There is no indication of that in his facial expression or his body language that he is referring to a child who has died. Think of how you would say to someone that you loved very much and who has passed on that you know you made them a promise and you are going to keep it and not forget as opposed to how you would say it to someone who is in the here and the now.

I think that Lee looks like a man who is being chased by the boggy man in his sleep and when awake. He is thinner that he was back in September or October when he was last seen in the media and I don’t think he looks healthy.

As a side note. I also noted the look of confusion on George’s face as he was looking at the computer screen as Lee was speaking.

Excellent post, and I agree. I remember long ago hearing those whispered rumors that Lee just might be Caylee's biological father. I had pushed it out of my mind as absurd and dramatic. But watching Lee today, knowing that he is speaking to his sister, sending her coded messages of support and love during Caylee's memorial...those are not the reactions of a brother who is worried about his sister. Those are the intimate reactions of a lover, a partner, a spouse. What promise did he make? Maybe to never ever admit that he is really Caylee's father. Just speculating here on the Daddy front. But I firmly believe he was addressing Casey as "CMA". I heard someone on Jane Velez Mitchell saying that she noticed someone had a drawing on their hand of the initials CMA. Perhaps Lee was passionately kissing his sister's initials, not a Caylee bracelet.

Could LA have been talking/looking in to a webcam - speaking to/looking at Casey (on Jose's laptop, within the jail)? Why else would he have brought his laptop up there vs a printed statement??!?!?!?!

A very real possibility, imnotheonlyone.

I feel JB's jail visit w/ laptop was orchestrated and synchronized to provide KC a "viewing" of @ least a portion of the public memorial she did not want to take place.

And, LA, well, what can I say ....... he, knew this and jumped on the KC wagon, making sure his words were chosen carefully so as not to pi$$ off KC. As did GA & CA. They all placated KC in their own way.

These are sick people who were blessed with the presence of An Angel On Earth for over two years ............ yet, learned - NOTHING!

I, personally, found the entire service a "dog and pony show." JMO.

What could he possibly be proud of his sister about? How she tried to humiliate and hurt their parents the day before the memorial service? He had just stated moments before that he approved of the service. Proud of Casey's lies? Proud of what she did to his beloved niece?

I think the comment "I'm so proud of you" could not refer to Caylee. What had a 2 year old done that anyone would be "proud" of her? Love and adore her, sure, but he said proud. That's a weird word for a toddler, unless they've just mastered toilet training. However, he could be proud of Casey for refusing to speak, refusing to crack under questioning, refusing to give up who Caylee's father is.

Maybe he's proud of her for sticking to her story, never wavering, and being "strong" in the face of extreme pressure from LE. Kind of like George's suicide letter when he said Casey was a "strong" beautiful, woman and he was proud of her. They all want to put on the appearance of believing in her "innocence".

Maybe I'm one of the most cynical people in the world, but this is exactly what I thought. They believe in Casey's innocence and are proud of her for remaining so strong throughout this whole ordeal - that's she's been able to persevere through Caylee's "kidnapping", being questioned by LE, being thrown in jail, and then finding out that the "kidnappers" murdered Caylee. I think Lee is greiving both the loss of Caylee and his sister - and I don't doubt his sincere grief - he's going through hell, but at the same time I still think he believes Casey is innocent.

bolding mine. That was my initial reaction as well.

I think and I HOPE it was Caylee. Another sleuther suggested it may have been both... that he can't separate KC from Caylee because Caylee would never have been born if it weren't for KC. If he was code talking, he's taking a huge risk, and how incredibly cold to do that during Caylee's service.

But because I believe he's a broken man, and it's been so long since he's been able to see her, hug her, etc, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

I personally think he was talking about Caylee but by his choice of words, when KC hears it, SHE will think it is HERSELF.

I think this family is still trying to get the truth. So does not want to come out and alienate KC.

I also think he sincerely loved Caylee. And am not trying to be judgemental as I feel I have no right to, I don't know any of them.

The only one who made me cry was GA. I really love that guy and feel bad for him. LA's talk was creepy and strange, IMO.

That makes sense.

My tendency is to think that the family probably does not know the whole truth, but believes honestly that KC is not a stone cold murderer.

My thinking is that maybe somehow, Caylee got in the pool and drowned (I just have to consider though that LE said it was premeditated!)....and perhaps the family is thinking this as well and thinks KC was scared.

That does not justify all this though...

YES!

For to do otherwise, would eventually expose ALL of THEM for what they REALLY ARE!

Yes, but wouldn't say, if speaking to Caylee..."each day you taught me how life should be lived." I know that's picky, but it is odd phrasing. How is Caylee teaching him now? Of course I don't know how KC would be teaching him now either, but still, it's odd wording to me.

I am going back and forth on this too. Though, the more I read it, I do think he was mainly speaking to Casey. Although, I think some of it was for Caylee too. Anyway, if he was referring to Caylee teaching him....I think that Caylee's death could teach/remind him each day that life is short and should be lived with that in mind. I think if he was was referring to Casey....he could mean that she is teaching him that he should have strength and faith as she has tried to portray these traits to her family--(although I personally don't view her behavior/reactions as strong or do I believe any of her faith-based statements, I think they were emotionally disconnected/narcassistic)--however I understand her family probably doesn't view it that way, as an outsider would. I think if he was referring to Casey teaching him and him being proud of her, it's because sitting in a jail cell being accused of her daughter's murder and keeping it all together (most of us couldn't keep it together in this situation) is a sign (to her family) of her "strength" and "faith" that everything will be ok and like she kept telling them she "knows" in her heart they will see Caylee again.

Although...I am still confused, because I do think he was referring to her when he said that someone should give them answers. Maybe he is confused too! :confused: I guess I am thinking at this point that perhaps he is reaching out to her to tell anything she knows, but it also saying that regardless of her involvement that he'll support her.

He did promise a lot in calls and/or his visit that he would do whatever he could to find Caylee. I don't know that he can be referring to this promise now, since Caylee has been found, but maybe it's something related to that....doing whatever he can to get her (Casey) back home, maybe???

I think LA addressed Caylee, Casey, and Cindy. Cindy's initials are CMA also. She is the one who taught and teaches him how to live. He is proud of Cindy, and he hopes she is proud of him. The promise may have been made to Cindy. Cindy certainly reacted to what he was saying like she knew what he was talking about.

I also agree that his message to Casey was to come clean.
I tend to agree with your theory on this. Lee certainly uses a convoluted form of speech. In all my life I have never heard anyone speak as he does or twist words in to sentences as he does. Most of those sentences did not even make grammatical sense to me.

It's already been stated but IMO I think Lee is addressing Cindy and Casey and Caylee.

I think the comment "I'm so proud of you" could not refer to Caylee. What had a 2 year old done that anyone would be "proud" of her? Love and adore her, sure, but he said proud. That's a weird word for a toddler, unless they've just mastered toilet training. However, he could be proud of Casey for refusing to speak, refusing to crack under questioning, refusing to give up who Caylee's father is.

Maybe. Oh, who knows? They're all such enigmas to us. Would someone please advise the Anthonys that we'd all like it to be made a lot clearer. For heavens' sake, spell it out Anthony family! :crazy::bang::bang::bang:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay