Lets find the house that PI was digging and filming

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still not sure about that one though b/c of the fencing

Why does the fencing make you think it is not the B. Drive house? The more I watch the videos and look at maps the more it looks like that house to me.

Jane V. on HLN, just showed a very small clip of the video of the PI cutting bags open with a knife next to what Jane called "An Abandoned House".

Did you see the video Debs posted of the barracks being searched? Do you know what streets those buildings would be located near?

Hi Red
Sorry didn't answer sooner, my internet connection keeps disconnecting a lot today.
I will ask my friend where the barracks could be,
If they are around the airport it could be off Tradeport Blvd. He did say the Navy Exchange is still located there.
As for the link to the military base map previously posted that is in another part of Orlando behind the Fashion Square Mall which is now called Baldwin Park, I don't ever remember seeing abandoned barracks there

Did you see the video Debs posted of the barracks being searched? Do you know what streets those buildings would be located near?

Hi again Red
Here is what I've found.
Snipped
"The U.S. Navy controlled part of the former McCoy AFB site for an administrative support and housing area for nearby Naval Training Center Orlando NTC Orlando's closure by the Base Realignment and Closure Commission (BRAC) in 1999.
The former military family housing area originally constructed by the Air Force and later utilized by the Navy was fully turned over to the City of Orlando in late 1999 and was redeveloped into The Villages At Southport. "

Following the above info I searched for Southport Community Park, the area is located west of the airport between Tradeport and Boggy Creek. Based on the above I believe the barracks are in this Southport area

http://www.active.com/page/Active_CRM_details.htm?assetId=4237C4A6-8D86-43BD-8B33-CF8397CEE296

This looks to be house on the waters edge just behind 4815-Hopespring, 0.1 mi from the A's home, 11 houses away. Sorry if this has already been found but I've ben out al day.
behind4815Hopespringlabeled.jpg

fromAsto4815Hopespring.jpg

Does this look like the military housing that has been discussed? If it does, the location is the former Naval Training Center's McCoy Annex, less than a mile west of the airport.

http://tinyurl.com/8t2rhl

Hi again Red
Here is what I've found.
Snipped
"The U.S. Navy controlled part of the former McCoy AFB site for an administrative support and housing area for nearby Naval Training Center Orlando NTC Orlando's closure by the Base Realignment and Closure Commission (BRAC) in 1999.
The former military family housing area originally constructed by the Air Force and later utilized by the Navy was fully turned over to the City of Orlando in late 1999 and was redeveloped into The Villages At Southport. "

Following the above info I searched for Southport Community Park, the area is located west of the airport between Tradeport and Boggy Creek. Based on the above I believe the barracks are in this Southport area

http://www.active.com/page/Active_CRM_details.htm?assetId=4237C4A6-8D86-43BD-8B33-CF8397CEE296

Thank you, that is the area I had come up with too.

Kathy B from WFTV just said that the (abandoned) house in the video was far enough away that you would drive to it. She also said she didn't know where it was.

So whoever was looking at the one 6 something miles away could certainly be correct. If it were really narrowed down to one or two possibilities with photos showing why it seems to be that one, she's so on top of the case she'd probably go check it out to find out for sure.

On NG they are playing the tape and saying that the house location is not in the immediate area of the body location. Said it wasn't walking distance.

In regards to military bases:
Here is a site that gives some history on naval bases in the Orlando Area.
The Orland NTC was built on land used by the Army Air Corps during World War II as part of the Orlando Army Air Base. This base was decommissioned in 1946 with the military retaining the land with the exception of the airfield being returned to the city of Orlando (today's Orlando Executive Airport). It is the third military installation of note in Orlando, the first being Orlando AAB and the second Pinecastle/McCoy Air Force Base.

City of Orlando and a large-scale redevelopment plan has been developed turning the location into a major sub-unit of Orlando called Baldwin Park.
http://www.cfhf.net/orlando/military/ntc.htm

Most of the older bases were built out in the middle of nowhere and things developed up to it. Enlisted lived in barracks but officer’s used to live in regular houses on the bases with their own yards and if there was any homes on the property when they took it over they could have also been used for an officers house etc.

I followed google map and traced the McCoy Rd from the airport back to the dumpsite.

Starting from the furthers end McCoy near the airport it turns into North Frontage Rd and then to North McCoy Rd than it dead ends into a large empty land area but picks up on the other side an is now just called McCoy Rd. At one point it runs parallel to BeeLine Express. It T’s into Narccoosse Rd. From the area it T’s from Narccossee Rd back to Suburban is 10 miles and google says 27 minuets.
Hopespring to Chickasaw Trail to Lee Vista Blvd to Narcoossee Rd to McCoy Rd is the best way to find it. If you just put McCoy rd into Google it takes you all the way to the other end using the Frontage Road portion.

I would say that anything along this road would be to far out of the time frame but portions of Narcoossee Rd may still fit.

Baldwin Park area may still work. It is 8.4 miles but only 19 minuets away. It is in the area of North Semoran Blvd that is in the area of the road that TL mentions in his interview that he thinks that Casey may have taken his jeep to the car wash. It is also pretty well developed but…. there could be a property in the area that fits.

This is like looking for a needle in a haystack. I least finding the correct haystack would be easier to find. I wish for once we could just get some complete information to work with.

I definitely think it is the house on Brackenwood. This picture was taken in 2008. It clearly shows the big truck in the backyard. You can also see 2 sheds, but not very well.
brackenwood.jpg

You can see the sheds more clearly in this picture.
brackenwoodhouse3.jpg

I think the geraldo video started with DC opening the bags on the left side of the house (if you were looking at it from the front). Notice the lattice on top of the fence.
MobileImageaspx.jpg

Then they moved to the back and that is when you see the back porch
porch.jpg

A few frames later, the truck comes into view behind the porch.
porchwhouse.jpg

The camera pans to the left and you can see a chain linked with a lake behind it.
fencelake1.jpg

After that the camera goes back to the right and you see the truck again.
truck1.jpg

A little later you see them walk to the back of the truck.
truck2.jpg

You see the 2 sheds just like in the aerial photos.
sheds.jpg

What do you think? Looks like everything matches up to me.

The 37 S. Dean Road is 5.3 miles and 14 minuets that work within the timeframe.

Suburban DrOrlando, FL 32829
1. Head southwest on Suburban Dr toward Lumberton Dr 0.1 mi
2. Turn right at S Chickasaw Trail 1.7 mi
3. Turn right at Curry Ford Rd/SR-552 0.8 mi
4. Turn left at S Econlockhatchee Trail 2.1 mi
5. Turn right at Lake Underhill Rd 0.5 mi
6. Turn left at S Dean Rd Destination will be on the right 0.2 mi

Ok this property is very close to the intersection of S. Dean Rd and Lake Underhill Road and on the corner is a Shurgard Storage Place

Lee used to work for this company. This info came off of a myspace or facebook page and I copied the info but not the link. Was anyone smarter than I and may have a captured screen shot of his personal info from that site while it was still up.

Shurgard Storage Centers, Inc. Orlando, Florida US
Property Manager: Operations- South Orlando Sept 03 - Nov 06

In of itself it does not mean anything but thought I would mention it.

looking up info to see what I can find as far as current status of this place. The address does not show on the OC tax site so I have to figure out what other parcel it goes with to come up with an address. Will post what I can find [and allowed] as soon as I have time.

LP just said on Nancy Grace that the abandoned house was across the street from the remains site!!!!! sorry if this was already discussed

LP just said on NG that the house in the video is across the street from the site where Caylee was found.

LP just said on NG the house is across the street from the dump site..If this is true I feel bad for all of you that did so much work on this :(

A few of us posted this NEW info all at the same time! LOL

I thought K. Belich said the house wasn't in close walking distance to the house. It was a driving distance is what I thought Kathi said.

ETA: She may have said this on JVM earlier, but I'm sure she said it.

I definitely think it is the house on Brackenwood. This picture was taken in 2008. It clearly shows the big truck in the backyard. You can also see 2 sheds, but not very well.
brackenwood.jpg

You can see the sheds more clearly in this picture.
brackenwoodhouse3.jpg

I think the geraldo video started with DC opening the bags on the left side of the house (if you were looking at it from the front). Notice the lattice on top of the fence.
MobileImageaspx.jpg

Then they moved to the back and that is when you see the back porch
porch.jpg

A few frames later, the truck comes into view behind the porch.
porchwhouse.jpg

The camera pans to the left and you can see a chain linked with a lake behind it.
fencelake1.jpg

After that the camera goes back to the right and you see the truck again.
truck1.jpg

A little later you see them walk to the back of the truck.
truck2.jpg

You see the 2 sheds just like in the aerial photos.
sheds.jpg

What do you think? Looks like everything matches up to me.
earlier we were thinking this was not the house as the front looked so well kept and nice. Now I'm wondering the it's just gone way downhill since that picture was taken. anyone there who could do a drive by with a few pictures of what it looks like now. Earlier in the threat a poster said they could do that if we had a location to look at. anyone remember who said that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste