Let's leave George & Cindy to grieve in peace & focus on Casey

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It isn't just the denial that their daughter could have committed this horrific act that perplexes me...who among us would be able to accept this?

What gets me is their long history of denial regarding Casey. How were they blind to her pregnancy, no job, no money, no nanny? How have they rationalized the stealing? The pictures of partying and the videos of her at Target and with Tony the night of the murder? My God, if pictures of my daughter like that were all over TV/internet and I could see it with my own eyes...I don't know how I could mask this in my mind.

What about their refusal to co-operate? The lies they have already told?

So, you think in cases where there is already strong evidence that people should be allowed to aid/abet or obstruct without any legal penalty? Or do you think we should make an exception for the As?

I think that we should allow LE to decide if charges should be made on aiding/abetting and/or obstruction. Just my two cents though.

I am going to be like that attorney on JVM last night, directed at Wendy Murphy, (guest).... anyone who does NOT have compassion for them in this time of grief, I question whether they have a beating heart at all.
None of us know what we would do in this same situation... it's so easy to sit in judgement of someone else, and think it could never happen to US.... but it can.
My thoughts and prayers for George, and hope that he can somehow get through this horrible nightmare he has been thrown into. And my prayers for Cindy and Lee that they will have the peace and understanding to deal with his pain.

I do have compassion for them. However, where is their compassion for Caylee??? Caylee is the victim. KC is their adult child, Caylee was a minor. They are obligated 1st to Caylee.
The Anthony family could have charted a different course. They need to accept responsibility for their actions. Most parents would have said to KC, tell the truth, take a deal whatever, then we will support you. A good parent does not cover the murder of their grandchild by covering for their daughter.
Had the As acted differently, they would not be in this situation and I don't think GA would have attempted suicide. "sooner or later everybody's bill's gonna come due".

With all due respect to the OP and fellow forum members, I have to disagree with the OP's sentiment. I know there are people on here who truly think that the A's are grieving because they cannot ever imagine that anyone ever could be so ruthless and evil in their attempt to save their guilty daughter (they know she is guilty!) and/or to protect themselves from possible criminal charges down the road.
CA, from the start of this thing, has demonstrated no sign of true grief and has not been a true ally of LE. Instead, she has lied to, badmouthed, and mis-directed LE in order to save her daughter and her family from getting locked up. Does this sound like a grieiving grandmother to any of you? Where was the public plea to the "babysitter" for the safe return of Caylee? Never happened...
These people should be in prison, imo. Even their own family (CA's brother, etc) thinks they are nuts. These people are only out for themselves and unfortunately, little Caylee has been forsaken... :furious:

As respectfully as I can muster, I will leave George and Cindy in exactly the place they have put themselves. While Casey is in jail and Caylee is in a morgue, where the senior Anthony's have gone to is where they are through their own making. We all travel the road of grief. We all have had horrible things happen to us. We all handle it differently. Each step of the way we are given choices to make, even if those choices are unpalatable. We make our choices based on who we are and how we handle life. The Anthony's make their choices, too. No one else makes them.

I do not thrust myself into the Anthony home. I visit a website where I discuss with thousands of others, a case. All throughout this case, the senior Anthony's have thrust themselves into MY living room, into MY news channels, into MY entertainment (not amusement, but shows not quite 'news', like NG.). If it had not been for Cindy's bizarre behavior on these news shows, I doubt this case would have gotten as much attention as it has.

George and Cindy found it quite attractive to have the nation's spotlight on them. They courted and were courted by major news sources. What they did on those platforms was NOT shining a light onto Caylee, but themselves. THEY were the spotlight. THEY spent the time in the national media telling us how they weren't sleeping/eating/ etc etc. THEY were the ones on those platforms NOT telling the nation that Casey says "just let them know I forgive whoever has her and that I want my baby back." I never once heard them relay their "innocent" daughter's pleas.

They asked Tim to come in and help them find Caylee, and then told him he could not do searches for a body. They accepted LP's money to bail their daughter out and then told him to hit the highway when he dared challenge the inconsistencies. They were asked by LE for an item of Caylee's to help in a search and they denied that. Cindy called 911 for help and then demanded the police help her on HER terms. They made pleas to the public to search for Caylee and did little more than set up websites that asked for donations so they could do their OWN investigation and appear on national television shows and ride in a limo to the TV station. They surrounded themselves with people of questionable character and kept them near, while the decent people who attempted to help were quickly shut out and their voices of reason tuned out.

So, after a chain of bad decisions made BY THEM, I have ceased attempting to explain it away by saying their daughter is the cause. Pardon me for this, but Casey hasn't been making their choices for them. They've always been in control of choosing to "go right or left" and have been making some craptastic choices. So, okay. Let's leave George and Cindy to the place their decision have brought them.

:clap::clap::clap: Great post.

What about their refusal to co-operate? The lies they have already told?

So, you think in cases where there is already strong evidence that people should be allowed to aid/abet or obstruct without any legal penalty? Or do you think we should make an exception for the As?

:clap::clap::clap:

I think that we should allow LE to decide if charges should be made on aiding/abetting and/or obstruction. Just my two cents though.

ITA. And the SA office of course would have the final say. And I'm also very glad LE didn't grant them immunity. I really think a lot of this drama may be about the As trying to put off getting charged for as long as they can.

As respectfully as I can muster, I will leave George and Cindy in exactly the place they have put themselves. While Casey is in jail and Caylee is in a morgue, where the senior Anthony's have gone to is where they are through their own making. We all travel the road of grief. We all have had horrible things happen to us. We all handle it differently. Each step of the way we are given choices to make, even if those choices are unpalatable. We make our choices based on who we are and how we handle life. The Anthony's make their choices, too. No one else makes them.

I do not thrust myself into the Anthony home. I visit a website where I discuss with thousands of others, a case. All throughout this case, the senior Anthony's have thrust themselves into MY living room, into MY news channels, into MY entertainment (not amusement, but shows not quite 'news', like NG.). If it had not been for Cindy's bizarre behavior on these news shows, I doubt this case would have gotten as much attention as it has.

George and Cindy found it quite attractive to have the nation's spotlight on them. They courted and were courted by major news sources. What they did on those platforms was NOT shining a light onto Caylee, but themselves. THEY were the spotlight. THEY spent the time in the national media telling us how they weren't sleeping/eating/ etc etc. THEY were the ones on those platforms NOT telling the nation that Casey says "just let them know I forgive whoever has her and that I want my baby back." I never once heard them relay their "innocent" daughter's pleas.

They asked Tim to come in and help them find Caylee, and then told him he could not do searches for a body. They accepted LP's money to bail their daughter out and then told him to hit the highway when he dared challenge the inconsistencies. They were asked by LE for an item of Caylee's to help in a search and they denied that. Cindy called 911 for help and then demanded the police help her on HER terms. They made pleas to the public to search for Caylee and did little more than set up websites that asked for donations so they could do their OWN investigation and appear on national television shows and ride in a limo to the TV station. They surrounded themselves with people of questionable character and kept them near, while the decent people who attempted to help were quickly shut out and their voices of reason tuned out.

So, after a chain of bad decisions made BY THEM, I have ceased attempting to explain it away by saying their daughter is the cause. Pardon me for this, but Casey hasn't been making their choices for them. They've always been in control of choosing to "go right or left" and have been making some craptastic choices. So, okay. Let's leave George and Cindy to the place their decision have brought them.

exactly, Thank you

And that's where I draw the line. Grief and denial is not a legal defense for breaking the law. I've seen it stated that what the A's have done hasn't or won't affect the case against Casey, we shouldn't be concerned with what the GP's have done and they should be left alone. WRONG! If the GP's have made an attempt to thwart the investigation and prosecution of Casey, they need to be held accountable. The fact they weren't successful in their attempts does not negate what they attempted to do.

The A's need to tell the truth and stand behind Caylee
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Grief does not release you from illegal acts. If LE determines that they were involved in a coverup or hid/destroyed evidence, then they should be treated like anyone else who does so. While I do have extreme sympathy for their loss, they should be held accountable for any illegale acts if they committed them. Just as they should hold KC accountable and can still love her, we can have sympathy, but ask for justice.

To me, there is too much evidence against Casey. George and Cindy can do as they please IMO.. Cindy can never take back her 911 call. Cindy can not explain Caseys lies. Cindy can wash pants, cover evidence as much as she wants, but she can not explain some things away. They all can defend Casey, any juror in their right mind will know that this is Caseys family and of course they are going to defend Casey.. But that doesn't mean Casey is off the hook..

LE has enought evidence to put Casey away for life IMO... If Casey does get off, it has nothing, IMO, to do with George, Cindy or Lee distroying evidence. :)

Wow, that is all I can say. A good parent forces a child to accept responsibility. A good parent does not cover-up murder, finish a child's book report, etc... Helicopter parents are not good parents. There is no excuse for this kind of parental behavior. Ultimately, they are not just parents, they are citizens. Why should they get preferential treatment? Citizenship is not a right, it is a privledge, and along w/ it comes obligations and rules. If you fail to follow the rules, you should be held accountable.

In my opinion, this all goes back to values over feelings. When a child hits another child, the "values" parent tells the child not to hit and issues some kind of punishment. The "feelings" parent, asks the child what is wrong, why did you hit that child, etc... I'm a values type of person, I expect everyone to live by a certain moral code. When they do not, I believe they should be held accountable. GA and CA should be held accountable, there are no excuses, many individuals have been through worse and have acted better.

And that's where I draw the line. Grief and denial is not a legal defense for breaking the law. I've seen it stated that what the A's have done hasn't or won't affect the case against Casey, we shouldn't be concerned with what the GP's have done and they should be left alone. WRONG! If the GP's have made an attempt to thwart the investigation and prosecution of Casey, they need to be held accountable. The fact they weren't successful in their attempts does not negate what they attempted to do.

The A's need to tell the truth and stand behind Caylee.

I agree.
Being parents of a suspect is not a legal defense for breaking the law.

No one would be against this family if they had chosen another path. I don't know one family that lost a child that has been in their position...and it goes back to them.

The entire country would have put their arms around them if they had not gone on television to do what they have done in Caylee's name. We would have wrapped our arms around them and been on their side to find her, to grieve with them, and to bring justice to her killer. We were quickly shown this was not to be. The truth was not going to be forthcoming from anyone close to Caylee.

This is not how we envision people to act when they love someone and cannot find them. It is certainly not how we react to finding the body of a beautiful child and have to endure it without the family even acknowleging it is her. It was Caylee from the first time it was released that her body was in the trunk of Casey's car.

This is how I feel SS. Yesterday, I got beaten up while posting about my thoughts regarding suicide (I think I have some deeply buried emotions on the subject). I thought the forum was a place to share/examine views, opinions, experiences and even legalities. It seems, if one expresses a different view than the majority holds, a lot of personal attacks come flying out. I feel like I'm recovering from a big fight today and now I'm afraid to be myself here. This is "their" forum. I don't know who "they" are but they're here. If one doesn't agree why can't one just post their own opinion without saying the other guy is stupid, wrong, uncaring, etc. If I've done that, I'm sorry. I'm beginning to understand the "sticks to the facts people" better (as discussed before). Facts are facts and don't warrant attacks. Did I just make that up - probably not.

I find it very interesting that CA has no problem working w/ LE to find GA in his moment of need. Yet she refused to help anyone find Caylee, she didn't hand over receipts, she destroyed evidence, HECK, she wouldn't allow searchers to take anything w/ Caylee's scent. You don't get to have it both ways.

I find it very interesting that CA has no problem working w/ LE to find GA in his moment of need. Yet she refused to help anyone find Caylee, she didn't hand over receipts, she destroyed evidence, HECK, she wouldn't allow searchers to take anything w/ Caylee's scent. You don't get to have it both ways.

Good point.

Even Casey located the nine and the one on the phone to protect her parents, but somehow couldn't find them when Caylee went "missing".

Grief does not release you from illegal acts. If LE determines that they were involved in a coverup or hid/destroyed evidence, then they should be treated like anyone else who does so. snip
bold is mine
What, specifically do you believe George/ Cindy have knowingly done that is illegal?

Wow, that is all I can say. A good parent forces a child to accept responsibility. A good parent does not cover-up murder, finish a child's book report, etc... Helicopter parents are not good parents. There is no excuse for this kind of parental behavior. Ultimately, they are not just parents, they are citizens. Why should they get preferential treatment? Citizenship is not a right, it is a privledge, and along w/ it comes obligations and rules. If you fail to follow the rules, you should be held accountable.

In my opinion, this all goes back to values over feelings. When a child hits another child, the "values" parent tells the child not to hit and issues some kind of punishment. The "feelings" parent, asks the child what is wrong, why did you hit that child, etc... I'm a values type of person, I expect everyone to live by a certain moral code. When they do not, I believe they should be held accountable. GA and CA should be held accountable, there are no excuses, many individuals have been through worse and have acted better.

Fighttheostrich I respect your opinions and your right to hold them. I appreciate that you are a values person. I, too, have values that I apply to myself in regard to my own behavior.

But the statement that "I expect everyone to live by a certain moral code" causes me concern in relation to CA and GA. The only information that I know about them is what has been shared thus far from document dumps and the media. I do not know what kind of parents they were, I can only make inferences based on what little knowledge I have of them after they experienced a very traumatic event in their lives, and I have found that to often inferences can be way off mark when there are not enough facts.

I'm not defending their behavior, in fact, I have been quite boggled by some of the things they have said and chosen to do. But to propose that they should be held accountable because of their parenting techniques or because they did not adhere to a certain moral code would not be just. If they have broken the law, then by all means, they should be held accountable.

I, personally, will revisit my defense of their actions when LE charges them. But until them, I will not focus on them because I believe that KC is the one and only one culpable for the death of Caylee. LE has arrested her, so I take it that they are thinking this also.

My feeling is that until we know for sure that these parent's did not obstruct justice we can't "leave them alone." For Caylee's sake and other children that may be in the same sad circumstances some day.

I find it interesting that LE was at the A's a week ago. Yesterday it was mentioned that they are thinking the duck tape on the gas cans was from the same roll as the duck tape on Caylee's mouth. My question is did GA know from the moment of his argument with Casey over the gas cans as he opened that trunk. Did he step in at that time and help KC with the body disposal? If he did that may be why he is currently in "crisis". The heat is on him.

When did it become okay for a grieving grandparent to help their child obstruct justice??? That's not love that's obsession. IMO.

Good point.

Even Casey located the nine and the one on the phone to protect her parents, but somehow couldn't find them when Caylee went "missing".

Exactly.
The family calls LE when it suits them. Funny, they will call LE regarding protestors on the lawn but when the car smells "like a dead body" they don't dial 911. They report missing gas cans and report a missing car before they report a missing child.

Fighttheostrich I respect your opinions and your right to hold them. I appreciate that you are a values person. I, too, have values that I apply to myself in regard to my own behavior.

But the statement that "I expect everyone to live by a certain moral code" causes me concern in relation to CA and GA. The only information that I know about them is what has been shared thus far from document dumps and the media. I do not know what kind of parents they were, I can only make inferences based on what little knowledge I have of them after they experienced a very traumatic event in their lives, and I have found that to often inferences can be way off mark when there are not enough facts.

I'm not defending their behavior, in fact, I have been quite boggled by some of the things they have said and chosen to do. But to propose that they should be held accountable because of their parenting techniques or because they did not adhere to a certain moral code would not be just. If they have broken the law, then by all means, they should be held accountable.

I, personally, will revisit my defense of their actions when LE charges them. But until them, I will not focus on them because I believe that KC is the one and only one culpable for the death of Caylee. LE has arrested her, so I take it that they are thinking this also.

I probably should have written that better. I don't think the As should be held responsible for Casey's actions by any means. However, if they have broken the law during this investigation, then yes, they should be charged. My post was in response to another poster who believes that the As should not be held reponsible for any unlawful actions during this whole mess.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back