Let's talk about the letters

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Since this is the letters thread, I will ask that people actually refer to the letters, if you read both of them carefully you will realize that CPH's story about how and when he got MG's number and why he called is different in the first letter than in the second letter. The account he told other reporters about how and when he got MG's number is again different than what he states in both of these letters. What is he is allergic to the truth?

letter #1 - "I returned a call as requested"

letter #2 - "I spoke with Alex on May 6th 2010 @ 7:20 pm and at 7:25pm I called *advertiser censored*-*advertiser censored*-xxxx at his request and spoke with Mrs. Gilbert"

It was reported that he told interviewers that he got MG's number from AD when AD came to OB to look for SG.

which one is it then?

Funny how he doesn't remember what he said to MG but he remembers the conversation 5 minutes prior when Alex "requested" he call MG.

Are you saying that the discrepancy is the use of the word "returned" in one letter but not the other? In both letters he says it was requested. Returned is an odd choice of words. It implys someone called him first. Then again he could've just mispoke or was misunderstood. As Native pointed out it is easy to misinterpret the written word.

Yes, Native did point out that things are easily misinterpretted ON FORUMS AND TEXT MESSAGES.

You should not leave room for discrepancy when you are writing letters made to clean up a discrepancy. Letters that are supposed to help clear you of any possible legal ramifications. Those I am very clear in.

Yes, Native did point out that things are easily misinterpretted ON FORUMS AND TEXT MESSAGES.

You should not leave room for discrepancy when you are writing letters made to clean up a discrepancy. Letters that are supposed to help clear you of any possible legal ramifications. Those I am very clear in.

Touche! : )

Welcome to the club. I am using a tablet that is unreliable at times. My computer crashed and burned and need to be replaced. Hopefully soon.

My tablet forces closed whatever app I'm using if I try to "copy" anything. :(

I would have sacrificed my personal health temporarily if it would help clear my name. A few sneezes and sniffles would be worth it as opposed to being a highly suspect individual in a serial murder investiagtion. Or maybe since SG was actually in his house when he pulled the old goodsamaritan needle job he knew the dogs picking up the smell anyway.

I have yet been in distress where a nice doctor I never met gives me drugs. Thanks for the IV random stranger super good samiritan doctor. BTW what did you give me and is it any good?

He could have gotten his hands on an Epi-Pen beforehand and gave himself a booster shot if needed. Lame *advertiser censored* excuse.

Yeh, we are suppose to believe that this stranger comes to his door and he sees she's too far gone and in distress so he pumps her full of drugs to calm her down and sends her home with her driver. Yup. I run into people like that a LOT.

Since this is the letters thread, I will ask that people actually refer to the letters, if you read both of them carefully you will realize that CPH's story about how and when he got MG's number and why he called is different in the first letter than in the second letter. The account he told other reporters about how and when he got MG's number is again different than what he states in both of these letters. What is he is allergic to the truth?

letter #1 - "I returned a call as requested"

letter #2 - "I spoke with Alex on May 6th 2010 @ 7:20 pm and at 7:25pm I called *advertiser censored*-*advertiser censored*-xxxx at his request and spoke with Mrs. Gilbert"

It was reported that he told interviewers that he got MG's number from AD when AD came to OB to look for SG.

which one is it then?

Funny how he doesn't remember what he said to MG but he remembers the conversation 5 minutes prior when Alex "requested" he call MG.

Do you ever consider CPH is telling the truth about returning a call as requested?

Ask Sherri.

Ask her if she called CPH the morning of May 9th, 2010 (Mother's Day).

Ask her if she called him and left him. A message to return her call.

Then ask her if CPH did indeed return her call shortly after noon on that same day by dialing the phone number she left on his machine.

Then ask her who gave her CPH's number and told her to call him that morning.

Then ask yourself, why would anyone be sick enough to have a younger sister of a missing girl call a much older man who they suspected could have kidnapped her older sister.

There's a bomb for you.

hmmm. Interesting point of view. Are those facts straight as far as the order of the phone calls? Has it ever been proved diaz and pak called sherri and told her to call CPH? Or is there a mix of hypothetical situations and real ones?

Do you ever consider CPH is telling the truth about returning a call as requested?

Ask Sherri.

Ask her if she called CPH the morning of May 9th, 2010 (Mother's Day).

Ask her if she called him and left him. A message to return her call.

Then ask her if CPH did indeed return her call shortly after noon on that same day by dialing the phone number she left on his machine.

Then ask her who gave her CPH's number and told her to call him that morning.

Then ask yourself, why would anyone be sick enough to have a younger sister of a missing girl call a much older man who they suspected could have kidnapped her older sister.

There's a bomb for you.

ps149.

If I understand you correctly you are implying that Sherri Gilbert called CPH first, and Sherri was the person who initiated the communication between the Gilbert family and CPH.

I then ask how did Sherri get CPH's name and number?

The only explanation is from MP.

I then ask how did MP know about CPH's involvement with SG and CPH's phone number?

Does MP know a lot more about CPH than MP has publicly admitted to?

Was MP trying to steer the Gilberts to CPH as the perpetrator of a crime?

See it does not really matter who initiated the call. If Sherri did, based on MP's behest, it implies that MP knows that CPH is involved. IF CPH initiated the calls, it implies that he was involved with SG as CPH has stated.

The issue is not by whom or when the calls were made, but what was the content of the calls, which CPH has already stated in the letters.

MOO

Why would AD or MP even ASK CPH to call Mari the morning after, 2 days after, a week after, why ask him to call her AT ALL if he never met or saw SG??? What would he have to do with any of this in any way IF he never saw or met SG??? Something is rotten here.

Seajay, when you said Something is rotten here you were right on.

John Ray has realized that, most sleuthers on this forum have realized that. Of course CPH met SG that night and 'treated' her.

Seajay, when you said Something is rotten here you were right on.

John Ray has realized that, most sleuthers on this forum have realized that. Of course CPH met SG that night and 'treated' her.

Exactly! Otherwise there would be NO reason that CPH would need to call Mari/Sheree and talk to her at all or tell her anything. Unless there was something to tell. John Ray knows this, Mari knows it.

There would be no more reason for CPH to call MG/Sheree then there would have been for any other OB resident to have done so.

He made those calls. That's all there is to it. He initiated the first call. Otherwise how would Mari even know of his existence?

Exactly! Otherwise there would be NO reason that CPH would need to call Mari/Sheree and talk to her at all or tell her anything. Unless there was something to tell. John Ray knows this, Mari knows it.

There would be no more reason for CPH to call MG/Sheree then there would have been for any other OB resident to have done so.

He made those calls. That's all there is to it. He initiated the first call. Otherwise how would Mari even know of his existence?

If there was no funny business and the doc is being wrongfully accused I would imagine it went something like this. Alex met the doctor when he and MP came to Oak Beach looking for Shannan. The doctor introduced himself and offered to help in anyway he could and gave them his card. Alex called him on the 6th and asked him to call and speak with Shannan's mother. The doc made the call 5 minutes later as requested. Perhaps he called Shannan's sister on the 9th (Mother's Day) while she was in Oak Beach with Shannan's mother. Why? I don't know. Maybe she called him when she arrived in Oak Beach but he did not pick up and that call was then returned by the doc to arrange the face to face meeting at his house. Either way, hopefully this lawsuit helps get to the bottom of it all and answers the question once and for all if Shannan and him crossed paths that night, as well as eliciting other details that remain unknown about that night.

If there was no funny business and the doc is being wrongfully accused I would imagine it went something like this. Alex met the doctor when he and MP came to Oak Beach looking for Shannan. The doctor introduced himself and offered to help in anyway he could and gave them his card. Alex called him on the 6th and asked him to call and speak with Shannan's mother. The doc made the call 5 minutes later as requested. Perhaps he called Shannan's sister on the 9th (Mother's Day) while she was in Oak Beach with Shannan's mother. Why? I don't know. Maybe she called him when she arrived in Oak Beach but he did not pick up and that call was then returned by the doc to arrange the face to face meeting at his house. Either way, hopefully this lawsuit helps get to the bottom of it all and answers the question once and for all if Shannan and him crossed paths that night, as well as eliciting other details that remain unknown about that night.

That is exactly my imagined belief if there was no funny business.

BINGO!

Make no mistake, the Doc is an arrogant control freak who likes to take charge and put his nose into everything. This doesn't automatically make him a killer. It does explain perfectly why he would agree to make the call to Mari when asked. You see, Doc has ALWAYS presented himself as a member of the board; a man in charge representing the community. With his big ego he could not help himself to let MP and AD know that HE was the GO-TO man for anyone with any questions for or business in the OBA community. If anyone from the OBA community was going to represent the community on this matter, in his mind it had to be him.

When the DOC called Mari, he did so as a representative of the Board of Directors. He acted like he was the spokesman for the community's leadership. After all, HE WAS a senior elected member of that board of directors.

None of this makes him a killer. Just an attention seeker hungry for roles where he is in charge.

Surely someone is going to put a negative spin on this post to say how it could also lead him to do awful things to those girls. Just leave it as it is. He was just thinking in his head that he was acting in the best interest of HIS community.

I respectfully disagree, without telling anyone how to react to my post. :)

When the DOC called Mari, he did so as a representative of the Board of Directors. He acted like he was the spokesman for the community's leadership. After all, HE WAS a senior elected member of that board of directors.

<snip for space>

...He was just thinking in his head that he was acting in the best interest of HIS community.

Rather interesting choice of words here... How would you know any of what he said in any phone call or what he was thinking? Unless you are CPH, you don't know. If you are CPH, that would make sense about your rant against me. I'm sure word has traveled to CPH about me. Birdies... they talk.

pS149, you may be right, but I just don't see any reason for Mari to lie and the docs letters and Mari's claims just don't jive. I find it hard to believe he is a killer, but why would he say such outlandish things to Mari and give conflicting albeit brief explanations in the letters. It makes no sense to me at all. The whole thing is just too strange for words.

MAKE NO MISTAKE sounds like an opening statement. I guess that would make us a mock jury.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manga
Back