Let's talk about the letters

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is why doc called mari Gilbert and lied to his family, community, and law enforcement......in his manic phases he feels untouchable.

This is why doc called mari Gilbert and lied to his family, community, and law enforcement......in his manic phases he feels untouchable.

This comment sparked a thought...

The phone call to Mari, I believe, was to cover his tracks. I think it was because of that CVS run. In his mind, if it came out that SG filled a prescription signed by CPH, he would have to explain that somehow. He was doing "damage control" before there was any damage.

It was determined in past forum posts that they never did go to CVS. JB and SG left alone without Pac and were gone for about 15 minutes but never left the Oak Beach community. IIRC It was Pac who was asked to go and he refused.

It was determined in past forum posts that they never did go to CVS. JB and SG left alone without Pac and were gone for about 15 minutes but never left the Oak Beach community. IIRC It was Pac who was asked to go and he refused.

How was it determined they didn't go to CVS and that they didn't leave the community?

How was it determined they didn't go to CVS and that they didn't leave the community?

pak said that they didn't leave the community. we can't actually authenticate the integrity of his statement though, if he stayed parked in front of JBs house, how could he really know if they never left the community? Also, the possibility exists that he knows they left the community but is lying.

A possibility occurred to me that I don't think has been thought through on this site, what if SG (and possibly some of the other victims) were used as a pawn in a prescription drug fraud scheme. For instance, if the perpetrators needed someone to prescribe the drugs to and then to pick the prescription up...

pak said that they didn't leave the community. we can't actually authenticate the integrity of his statement though, if he stayed parked in front of JBs house, how could he really know if they never left the community? Also, the possibility exists that he knows they left the community but is lying.

A possibility occurred to me that I don't think has been thought through on this site, what if SG (and possibly some of the other victims) were used as a pawn in a prescription drug fraud scheme. For instance, if the perpetrators needed someone to prescribe the drugs to and then to pick the prescription up...

That's kind of where my train of thought was. I'll have to go back and post the law suit CPH was in where the Plaintiff's lawyer was trying to access his medical records regarding prescription drug use, but the Court denied that request.

Edit: http://decisions.courts.state.ny.us/10jd/nassau/decisions/index/index_new/jonas/2001nov/025904-97a.pdf

I recall something about getting a deck of cards at the CVS. Does anyone have a link to a news report on that subject?

All this talk about CVS and prescriptions is far off base.

For starters, there is zero proof that CPH ever met SG. There were no prescriptions written by CPH for SG. If there were, the investigators could easily know this without even stepping foot or calling CVS or any pharmacy because since around 2005 all of the prescription pads (or software that prints them) are regulated and distributed by New York State. They include bar codes and serial numbers.

Likewise, If CPH was involved in some sort of prescription drug ring he would have been outed by now because there is an easy electronic trail for the investigators to follow.

As far as the run to CVS, let's get the facts straight. There was never actually any mention by anyone of CVS. We only know of CVS of West Islip because of some very short entries on SG's cell phone records provided by her mom to the public to see. Pak did say that SG hung up on him because he refused to drive to a drug store to purchase playing cards & personal lubricant. We can assume she was thinking he could go to CVS just as we can assume that maybe she only called CVS to find out if they were open that late at night/early morning. But that's all we can do is assume.

Sample of an official NYs prescription;

06_prescription.jpg

Interesting idea about the prescription drug angle. Are you thinking someone was writing prescriptions and someone else was hiring woman off Craigslist to fill them. Why kill them then? I think it's worth more disscussion for sure. Alot of thoughts going around in my head about the idea, but still trying to sort them out.

What if and this is a BIG FAT what if and only that. I have no proof of this...but...what if the prescription drug angle wasn't investigated because someone in LE is involved. I don't however think that there is a reason to murder SG unless she threatened to expose them when she called 911. It certainly wouldn't explain any of the other murders. I mean you need a LIVE person to fill a prescription right. I don't know...it has some holes in it. Like Slug said about a trail. I still think it's important somehow...the drug thing. What if (again) Since they couldn't get MP to go to CVS, instead they just bought from someone in the communities personal stash. I read in one of these threads (I'll try to hunt it down) SG and JB went for a short drive somewhere in the community. Where? For what?

One more what if. What if SG took some drugs thinking that she knew what they were but when they didn't have the effect she expected ( because maybe they were something other than what she was told) that's when she started freaking out thinking they were trying to kill her.

I know I know that's A lot of what ifs!

All of your opinions comments usually help me think things through and sort things out so have at it! ; ))

Or what if we just go with the facts that the investigation has uncovered;

SG was a very paranoid person who had a history of running from the homes and apartments of clients acting irrationally in the exact same manner as she did running from JB's home.

What if and this is a BIG FAT what if and only that. I have no proof of this...but...what if the prescription drug angle wasn't investigated because someone in LE is involved. I don't however think that there is a reason to murder SG unless she threatened to expose them when she called 911. It certainly wouldn't explain any of the other murders. I mean you need a LIVE person to fill a prescription right. I don't know...it has some holes in it. Like Slug said about a trail. I still think it's important somehow...the drug thing. What if (again) Since they couldn't get MP to go to CVS, instead they just bought from someone in the communities personal stash. I read in one of these threads (I'll try to hunt it down) SG and JB went for a short drive somewhere in the community. Where? For what?

One more what if. What if SG took some drugs thinking that she knew what they were but when they didn't have the effect she expected ( because maybe they were something other than what she was told) that's when she started freaking out thinking they were trying to kill her.

I know I know that's A lot of what ifs!

All of your opinions comments usually help me think things through and sort things out so have at it! ; ))

If CPH didn't write Rx's often enough to be 'flagged' for a Rx drug ring, then investigators may not have even thought about that angle. If the SCPD conspiracy theory is correct, they may not have even searched out the information because they didn't want to know, or because they didn't think to look in that direction.

This is all speculation. She may have called MP, asked him to go, but when he said he wasn't sure of the area, JB took her. There's a long stretch of her being on and off the phone with MP after the call to CVS (my assumption is to find out if it was open). If MP stuck around the neighborhood while SG went with JB to CVS, it would make sense that she was on the phone with MP. "Hey, we got there." "We're heading back." "Everything ok?"

Why MP would leave out a run to CVS to fill a Rx... if he knew (or didn't know) who wrote the Rx and SG went missing, he may be afraid to say anything.

Your first question gave me another "what if". What if JB's role was finding the women on Craigslist to fill Rx's, and that's all he believed was going on. What happened to the girls after, he may not have given thought... until GB4. That's why he could say, with conviction, he didn't have her there for sex.

This would be a plausible explanation for why CPH called Mari. "Rehab", "clinic," or whatever word was used could explain why he said that. Damage control in case the PD looked into that angle.

Seaslugg I couldn't quote your post on this phone as it is too long and therefore makes it difficult for me to reply because of the small screen. WHAT IF it wasn't a prescription drug ring per se but instead something they had worked out between themselves. The Doc writing prescriptions and JB finding the girls to fill them. I know you think that if it were the case then the investigation would've uncovered it. That's assuming that everybody doing the investigation were on the up and up. WHAT if someone close to the investigation were also getting drugs this way and would want that info. buried. IF this were the case it doesn't mean they were all conspiring to murder these girls. Perhaps the Doc got personal info. from these girls under the guise of writing these hypothetical prescriptions and made contact with them later and killed them. It's really not too far fetched an idea. Cerrtainly one to consider.

SG was a very paranoid person who had a history of running from the homes and apartments of clients acting irrationally in the exact same manner as she did running from JB's home.

So because MP said she had this history...it MUST be fact? Isn't that just the word of a convicted criminal. I wouldn't take his word for it if I were on a jury!

Many people here have speculated that SG was on drugs. Is that a fact? We don't know. But there has been considerable discission about it here. IF she was indeed on drugs the next logical step to take would be to figure out where she got them.

Although I AM thinking this probably isn't the thread to further the disscussion. Maybe Connections to rehab? I don't know how to move these posts over there. Anybody?

This may not be the right thread for this post, but all these theories that rely on a wide spread conspiracy and disregard of any statements by people who may be a POI are making me weary. While I don't pretend to know what happened to SG that night, the truth to me looks like she died tragically with no help from anyone else, and her death is not related to the GB4 nor any of the other remains found along the Ocean Parkway.

<modsnip> Those are the new prescription pads recently real eased to combat fraud because of the opiate epidemic......doc has been trading scripts for cash for years - fact!!! He has also admitted to having SG in his care to mari and local ob residents..he stated he did sedate her that morning.........http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/04...ch-for-bodies-off-l-i-in-serial-killer-probe/

Explain his words -- where did he see her running sick and distressed??? These are his words!!! <modsnip>

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukasmalachi
Back