Let's try, sleuthers...

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm one of the posters who was convinced that SBTC stood for Saved By The Cross, but the more I've thought about what other posters have suggested, the less sure I am.

Perhaps to avoid spelling some nonsensical or not-fitting-the-crime word, or a non-word like DORL with the letters, the note author decided to use only consonants. Maybe the letter S was chosen because it looked like a good letter to start with because some terrorist groups, such as SLA (Simbanese Liberation Army), begin with an S. Or...when I write short stories, I often give the villain a name that starts with an S because the S sound is reminiscent of the hiss of a snake, and is even shaped like one, connoting evil. Anyway, thinking in consonants, (Twilight once came up with the following) what's the first consonant in the alphabet? B. What consonant immediately follows S in the alphabet? T. What consonant immediately follows B in the alphabet? C.

SBTC

imo

In their book DOI, Patsy speaks of her cancer experience and she talks about the bible. She talks about Salvation and Calamities...somehow I think that could tie in with the acronym SBTC.

FULTON said:
Many posters have long held that the SBTC is an a acronym for Saved By The Cross.This is inside jargan for those deep in the Christian faith. Patsy, a born again Christian, probably heard this used alot in her in circle of Christian friends. I was familiar with it myself back in the early 1980's
it's good to hear from someone who can validate what researches have written (seraph for instance) - - that saved by the cross is an expression used in some circles. from your experience, was the acronymn sbtc (represenign the expression) used or popular? would people use it as a sign off as the author of the note did?

is it reasonable from your experience to think that supposing Patsy did write the note she would sign off with "victory, sbtc" as a way of absolving (or attempting to absolve) her guilt over her role?
thanks for any info.

In my opinion S.B.T.C. are the initials for "Subic Bay Training Center", or "Subic Bay Telecommunications Center".

Please see my post #55 on the S.B.T.C thread. Thanks.

JMO

iron said:
it's good to hear from someone who can validate what researches have written (seraph for instance) - - that saved by the cross is an expression used in some circles. from your experience, was the acronymn sbtc (represenign the expression) used or popular? would people use it as a sign off as the author of the note did?

is it reasonable from your experience to think that supposing Patsy did write the note she would sign off with "victory, sbtc" as a way of absolving (or attempting to absolve) her guilt over her role?
thanks for any info.

I consider myself to be deeply involved in Christianity (for almost 40 years) and I have never heard that expression used. While the words "saved" and "cross" are used extensively, the phrase "saved by the cross" has never been something I've come across.

Imo

Nehemiah said:
I consider myself to be deeply involved in Christianity (for almost 40 years) and I have never heard that expression used. While the words "saved" and "cross" are used extensively, the phrase "saved by the cross" has never been something I've come across.

Imo

Punny N. Ever watch vampire movies? Or do they make you quake with fear? Get it? Quake with .... oh well.

BrotherMoon said:
Punny N. Ever watch vampire movies? Or do they make you quake with fear? Get it? Quake with .... oh well.

Uhhh, no, I don't get it BrotherMoon.

Imo

I confused you with another poster that pm'd me she was a Quaker.

What denomination are you?

Messages, secret meanings, connections between geometric symbols, numbers, alphabet characters and the Gods are part of the esoteric study of all religions. Charismatic (healing) Christianity, more than most denominations, use letters and acronyms in written communication. You just might be out of the loop.

No, I am definitely not out of the loop. It is my way of life and ingrained in all I do/think.

PM me if you want to ask any questions and I'll respond.

Nehemiah

Nehemiah said:
No, I am definitely not out of the loop. It is my way of life and ingrained in all I do/think.
Nehemiah

Without pumping you for details, the point is, your denomination is one slice of the Christian pie. Your experience may be deep but not necessarily extensive, unless you've made a study of Christianity as a whole.

The need for religion is ingrained in all but not the willingness to practice it.

It is precisely the dichotomy between the appearence of religious practice by the Ramseys (and I include their success in pursuing the American Dream as religion) and the crime itself that keep most people from identifying what Patsy did.

The Bible is just packed with stories about visions, dreams and conversations with a God: personal revelation. It is also packed with stories about violence, betrayal, killing and sacrifice, commonalities with ... you guessed it, the Ramsey case.

BrotherMoon said:
Without pumping you for details, the point is, your denomination is one slice of the Christian pie. Your experience may be deep but not necessarily extensive, unless you've made a study of Christianity as a whole.

The need for religion is ingrained in all but not the willingness to practice it.

It is precisely the dichotomy between the appearence of religious practice by the Ramseys (and I include their success in pursuing the American Dream as religion) and the crime itself that keep most people from identifying what Patsy did.

The Bible is just packed with stories about visions, dreams and conversations with a God: personal revelation. It is also packed with stories about violence, betrayal, killing and sacrifice, commonalities with ... you guessed it, the Ramsey case.

Why does Religion have to be a reason for this crime ?

Can anyone agree that a pervert killed JB.

Maybe in the memories of the Ramsey family or friends there was/is a pervert?Could be Ramsey or any friend. But, in no way will I ever believe that Patsy Killed JB.

I do believe that note was printed left handed by Patsy so yes, there was a cover-up.

So many people in and out of the Ramsey home.

Who did Patsy print that RN for??

TressaRing28 said:
Can anyone agree that a pervert killed JB.

I do believe that note was printed left handed by Patsy so yes, there was a cover-up.

Tressa; it is, IMO, a good possibility that a pervert was responsible. One suspect, Oliva, was diagnosed as a paranoid schizophrenic and had a previous conviction for sexual assault on a 7 year old girl. This is consistant with what you and a lot of others have observed about the crime.

Ivy said:
Why would Patsy write a phony ransom note to cover for Oliva?

imo

I agree here Ivy why would she do that?

Maybe Patsy didn't want the world to think they were bad people and started the coverup due to family name shame???

I just can't put all that religious stuff into this crime. BIND THAT CHILD WITH CORDS thats just Bull *hit. and also the sacrifice" No way" No Jean Brodie book--- Patsy just used that book for Pagaent talent . So what???

Patsy didn't kill her, John didn't , Maybe Burke. No for Olivia thats been a couple years back info VIC.

TressaRing28 said:
I just can't put all that religious stuff into this crime. BIND THAT CHILD WITH CORDS thats just Bull *hit. and also the sacrifice" No way" No Jean Brodie book--- Patsy just used that book for Pagaent talent . So what??

Psychosis and mythology go hand in hand.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hollyann
Back