Letter to Publix - can you think of anyone else?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I womder if they're tired of the Anthony's attitude and don't want to help anymore? I know I'd like to slap the crap out of CA.

I get the same feeling. When you talk to local business's they are very aware of the case & have great things to say about TES. When I have been referred to corp headquarters, they don't have a clue what TES is. Even though I might not get a donation, at least the call educated them about TES.

I just read in my local paper TES is here in NC today, about 45 min from me looking for a mentally ill woman who wandered away from a long term care home. I wish I had known before 10a today that they were meeting at 8am for the search. I am going to call the ctc number & see if they are also searching tomorrow. If so, I will be there & take cases of water.

I know we have tried hard to get donations, spending hours of the phone. Even if the business said no, we have helped create awareness on TES. Maybe that lead to some break room discussions & maybe some of those people will decided to join the search or donate to TES.

Maybe next week I will have better results. I intend to keep trying. For today, I am calling on some people I know to go help tomorrow in Lawndale NC if the search will be still going on.

We all went through this the last time that TES was here. I will share my experience . . . Publix required that I fax a request. This was followed up by a billion phone calls. They donated nothing. Lowes donated 20 cases of Gatorade. Home Depot donated trash bags and some other items. I then started calling people in our community and asked for money donations. Everyone came through. We used the money to purchase everything for the lunch. They would not allow us to cook that day, so we purchased platters of Subway sandwiches. Subway gave us a 15% discount. We served apples, oranges, bananas, protein bars, granola bars, chips, cookies, raisins, apple sauce, pudding, jello, carrots and celery with individual ranch dips, cheese, nuts, etc., etc. Almost everything was individually wrapped. We cheated on that with homemade cupcakes and brownies and one of our WS girls brought a beautiful salad. I took three teenagers and a couple girls from my office to help serve everything. It turned out great. TES and all of the volunteers were so grateful and appreciative. My Mom always says that if you want something done right, do it yourself!!

This isn't the first time several of us have been around this block and those working on it have already been in touch with TES. The donations are welcome.

Well said, I am so happy you spoke up.
Bless you all for what you are doing.

I womder if they're tired of the Anthony's attitude and don't want to help anymore? I know I'd like to slap the crap out of CA.

What about asking local churches that are in Orlando if any of the mmbers would help? I would think a church would love to help in this.

:( This is quite disheartnening.

I wonder if it is the estimate of the ammount of people that is putting them off? LP isn't exactly known for his factual statements - perhaps he was wrong, or simply exaggreated.

I imagine donating for 8,000 people is quite a lot and to many businesses would seem rather unnecessary. I imagine they would take the view that it would be reasonable that between these 8,000 people they could all pitch in money to TES to cover the cost of pre-arranged catering for themselves.

Regardless, it is sad to know that some businesses are feeling uncharitable. However I suppose that in respect to the state of the US financial market, a lot of businesses consider a loss a loss - regardless of whether it is charity or not.

We all went through this the last time that TES was here. I will share my experience . . . Publix required that I fax a request. This was followed up by a billion phone calls. They donated nothing. Lowes donated 20 cases of Gatorade. Home Depot donated trash bags and some other items. I then started calling people in our community and asked for money donations. Everyone came through. We used the money to purchase everything for the lunch. They would not allow us to cook that day, so we purchased platters of Subway sandwiches. Subway gave us a 15% discount. We served apples, oranges, bananas, protein bars, granola bars, chips, cookies, raisins, apple sauce, pudding, jello, carrots and celery with individual ranch dips, cheese, nuts, etc., etc. Almost everything was individually wrapped. We cheated on that with homemade cupcakes and brownies and one of our WS girls brought a beautiful salad. I took three teenagers and a couple girls from my office to help serve everything. It turned out great. TES and all of the volunteers were so grateful and appreciative. My Mom always says that if you want something done right, do it yourself!!

When we saw that RV pull up, it was like Cinderella had arrived in her coach! What a Godsend you were. Thank you........:blowkiss:

I just want to say that it is probably not personal.

A lot of times these companies have a store policy to only help with libraries, schools and public charities, and they can't change the policy just because a 3 year old is missing.
Perhaps finding some charity involved to ask would help get some donations.

Just because a 3 year old is missing!!!!

Not only is she missing, it's been 5 months! Pllllllleazzzzzeeeeeee!!!!!

There's no excuse for not helping out when there are thousands coming to the area that will be spending their money in their stores.

I don't know if anyone else has already done this, but I sent an email to Universal Orlando, asking them to help with donations - mentioned water, snacks, juice etc. Asked them to contact me or TES direct and gave them TES info.
Maybe if they get a few more email requests?

I don't know if anyone else has already done this, but I sent an email to Universal Orlando, asking them to help with donations - mentioned water, snacks, juice etc. Asked them to contact me or TES direct and gave them TES info.
Maybe if they get a few more email requests?

Wonderful idea and thanx for doing that.

When we saw that RV pull up, it was like Cinderella had arrived in her coach! What a Godsend you were. Thank you........:blowkiss:

You are so sweet! It was really our pleasure to do what we could to help all of you brave volunteers. We would be back down this weekend, but my son has a theater production running Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It is going to make me crazy knowing you are all there without us!! But you will all be in our thoughts and prayers and I will be looking here for updates. Be safe and good luck. Hugs ~ Susan

I don't know if this will be much help because I live in a very small town vs Orlando, but when we were planning a big event for our local ARC (Association of Retarded Citizens) we were asked to get donations from local businesses. When we called, we told the businesses that if they donated, their names would appear on signs located in the food area and that afterwards, their names would be included in a "thank you" in our local paper. It seemed to encourage more to donate, I guess because it was a bit of cheap advertising and got the company name out there. The signs were nothing fancy, just homemade posters thanking the following businesses for their generosity, etc. , and the ad in the paper said much the same and was quite inexpensive. I'm not sure if this is a realistic suggestion because of the huge scope of the search, but I just thought I'd share. I'd like to add that I think you are all doing a wonderful job and God bless you . :)

I don't know if this will be much help because I live in a very small town vs Orlando, but when we were planning a big event for our local ARC (Association of Retarded Citizens) we were asked to get donations from local businesses. When we called, we told the businesses that if they donated, their names would appear on signs located in the food area and that afterwards, their names would be included in a "thank you" in our local paper. It seemed to encourage more to donate, I guess because it was a bit of cheap advertising and got the company name out there. The signs were nothing fancy, just homemade posters thanking the following businesses for their generosity, etc. , and the ad in the paper said much the same and was quite inexpensive. I'm not sure if this is a realistic suggestion because of the huge scope of the search, but I just thought I'd share. I'd like to add that I think you are all doing a wonderful job and God bless you . :)

We asked everyone that donated for one of their business cards and made a big sign that Tim Miller asked to keep. I took pictures of it to show everyone that donated. They were quite pleased.

Lol, I should have known that you WS'rs would have thought of that already. :) :blowkiss:

My list consists of BJ's, Costco, Purell, Chil-Filet. They don't have a thing I would ever want bad enough from here on in. I even explained there were going to be several thousand people in town that weekend spending money in their stores. Didn't make any difference.

Des, a poster at Scared Monkeys worked with Sysco on the last search and they were generous enough to donate a whole truckload of food and offered to keep the search well stocked but sadly TES wasn't able to most of Sysco's donations because most of their food stuffs require prep (like breads, sandwich meat etc....) anything that wasn't individually packaged had to be returned. Orlando LE feels that for everyone's safety all food products served to volunteer searchers much be prepackaged.

Pepsi donated a BUNCH of juices last time. You might contact them again.

Here are water bottlers in Orlando:

Sweetwater Springs Bottled Water

- sweetwaterspringsbottledwater.com - (407) 277-5331 - more
B.Bailey's Filtered Water System

- maps.google.com - (407) 851-8555 - more
C.Bailey's Coffee Service Inc

- www.baileyscoffee.com - (407) 859-2319 - 1 review
D.Culligan Water of Florida Inc

- maps.google.com - (407) 425-6686 - 1 review
E.Carolina Mountain Water

- www.carolinamountainwater.com - (407) 851-7144 - more
F.Blue Crystal Water

- www.bluecrystalbottledwater.com - (407) 275-9126 - more
G.Culligan of Florida Inc

- maps.google.com - (407) 425-6686 - more
H.Crystal Springs Water Co

- maps.google.com - (407) 291-7631 - more
I.Forest Oaks Water Treatment

- maps.google.com - (407) 291-7613 - more
J.Spring Water Homes

- maps.google.com - (321) 207-0160 - more

Some juice and other beverage bottlers:
Aqualine Bottling Co Llc Orlando, FL
Florida Coca-Cola Bottling Company
txt_branch2.gif
, Orlando, FL
Frostie Root Beer Bottling Co Orlando, FL
Olde World Distributors, Inc Oviedo, FL
Southeast Atlantic Beverage Corporation
txt_branch2.gif
, Orlando, FL

You might contact the McDonalds in the area also. Many times they will donate the use of those giant orange beverage coolers, orange flavored drink and cups.

Here is a list of Orlando Area Snack Manufacturers. http://www.manta.com/mb?search=orlando+florida+snack+manufacturers

Regard the numbers LP said 8,000 on NG.

Tim and TES are estimating more around 3,000. I'd go with Tim's numbers.
jmo

If they ask all searchers to bring a bottle of water and a sack lunch with them, I think that will help a lot.

Des, a poster at Scared Monkeys worked with Sysco on the last search and they were generous enough to donate a whole truckload of food and offered to keep the search well stocked but sadly TES wasn't able to most of Sysco's donations because most of their food stuffs require prep (like breads, sandwich meat etc....) anything that wasn't individually packaged had to be returned. Orlando LE feels that for everyone's safety all food products served to volunteer searchers much be prepackaged.

Pepsi donated a BUNCH of juices last time. You might contact them again.

Here are water bottlers in Orlando:

Sweetwater Springs Bottled Water

- sweetwaterspringsbottledwater.com - (407) 277-5331 - more
B.Bailey's Filtered Water System

- maps.google.com - (407) 851-8555 - more
C.Bailey's Coffee Service Inc

- www.baileyscoffee.com - (407) 859-2319 - 1 review
D.Culligan Water of Florida Inc

- maps.google.com - (407) 425-6686 - 1 review
E.Carolina Mountain Water

- www.carolinamountainwater.com - (407) 851-7144 - more
F.Blue Crystal Water

- www.bluecrystalbottledwater.com - (407) 275-9126 - more
G.Culligan of Florida Inc

- maps.google.com - (407) 425-6686 - more
H.Crystal Springs Water Co

- maps.google.com - (407) 291-7631 - more
I.Forest Oaks Water Treatment

- maps.google.com - (407) 291-7613 - more
J.Spring Water Homes

- maps.google.com - (321) 207-0160 - more

Some juice and other beverage bottlers:
Aqualine Bottling Co Llc Orlando, FL
Florida Coca-Cola Bottling Company
txt_branch2.gif
, Orlando, FL
Frostie Root Beer Bottling Co Orlando, FL
Olde World Distributors, Inc Oviedo, FL
Southeast Atlantic Beverage Corporation
txt_branch2.gif
, Orlando, FL

You might contact the McDonalds in the area also. Many times they will donate the use of those giant orange beverage coolers, orange flavored drink and cups.

Here is a list of Orlando Area Snack Manufacturers. http://www.manta.com/mb?search=orlando+florida+snack+manufacturers

Regard the numbers LP said 8,000 on NG.

Tim and TES are estimating more around 3,000. I'd go with Tim's numbers.
jmo

If they ask all searchers to bring a bottle of water and a sack lunch with them, I think that will help a lot.

:) Thanks so much for the info. It s helpful to have that when you are not local. Banz, I will call all of the ones listed here on Monday & Tues if you can do the Mc Donalds one. WS NEVER give up.

Just because a 3 year old is missing!!!!

Not only is she missing, it's been 5 months! Pllllllleazzzzzeeeeeee!!!!!

There's no excuse for not helping out when there are thousands coming to the area that will be spending their money in their stores.

And there are other children who have been missing longer!

Some of these places already donated, how much are they responsible for? They are not charities. Stores with policies about not donating to non-charities can't just bend their rules to make you happy.

Should they donate to every single search for a missing person?

I'm sure they didnt decide "hey, screw these people! We're just not going to help, hahahahahah!"

And there was absolutely no reason to get rude with me.

They are not required to help, Im sure they had a reason, be it store policy or that they donated last time. If you don't like, dont freaking shop there. I was just pointing out that I'm sure they had a reason and weren't withholding to be spiteful.

And there are other children who have been missing longer!

Some of these places already donated, how much are they responsible for? They are not charities. Stores with policies about not donating to non-charities can't just bend their rules to make you happy.

Should they donate to every single search for a missing person?

I'm sure they didnt decide "hey, screw these people! We're just not going to help, hahahahahah!"

And there was absolutely no reason to get rude with me.

They are not required to help, Im sure they had a reason, be it store policy or that they donated last time. If you don't like, dont freaking shop there. I was just pointing out that I'm sure they had a reason and weren't withholding to be spiteful.

Donations to TES are tax ded. I think we all understand there is only so much a business can do. I also understand they get many request. I also know a certain amount of money is written into a budget for donations. Like I said, perhaps because it is so late in the year, they are tapped out. With all due respect, no one has asked you to make any calls, so please don't be upset with those of us who are making them.

I have many reasons why I wont shop certain places. Sometimes its bad service, sometimes its a policy I dont agree with. If I have a choice of buying a product who's company support charities & gives back to the community, I support them over someone who does not. I dont expect others to do the same, its a personal choice.

I do think some are not giving because of the crap Cindy has spewed. People are sick of it & that includes many who hold the purse strings for their business. The point is, it is not about Cindy, it is ONLY about Caylee.

:( This is quite disheartnening.

I wonder if it is the estimate of the ammount of people that is putting them off? LP isn't exactly known for his factual statements - perhaps he was wrong, or simply exaggreated.

I imagine donating for 8,000 people is quite a lot and to many businesses would seem rather unnecessary. I imagine they would take the view that it would be reasonable that between these 8,000 people they could all pitch in money to TES to cover the cost of pre-arranged catering for themselves.

Regardless, it is sad to know that some businesses are feeling uncharitable. However I suppose that in respect to the state of the US financial market, a lot of businesses consider a loss a loss - regardless of whether it is charity or not.

To those who are making calls perhaps you can mention that it's expected to be a large search but that any amount of whatever you are asking them to donate would be appreciated.

TES does have a tax ID number available if any of them ask for it also.

A.Harvill's Produce Co

- www.harvillsproduce.com - (407) 843-4331 - 1 review
B.Clemons Produce

- orlando.citysearch.com - (407) 897-1413 - more
C.International Produce

- maps.google.com - (407) 539-2650 - 1 review
D.Raindrop Produce

- maps.google.com - (407) 246-0510 - more
E.Soto Produce Market

- maps.google.com - (321) 235-0148 - more
F.Taylor Farms Florida Inc

- www.taylorfarms.com - (407) 859-3373 - more
G.Fresh Point Central Florida

- www.freshpoint.com - (407) 857-3930 - more
H.Spice World Inc

- www.spiceworldinc.com - (407) 851-9432 - 1 review
I.Fresh Produce & Fish Market

- maps.google.com - (407) 382-1123 - more
J.H & M Carribean Food

- www.hmcaribbeanfoods.com - (407) 822-5425 - moreMore results near Orlando, FL »

Here are produce places in Orlando that could be called to donate fresh apples, oranges, bananas etc...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back