Letter to Publix - can you think of anyone else?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Donations to TES are tax ded. I think we all understand there is only so much a business can do. I also understand they get many request. I also know a certain amount of money is written into a budget for donations. Like I said, perhaps because it is so late in the year, they are tapped out. With all due respect, no one has asked you to make any calls, so please don't be upset with those of us who are making them.

I have many reasons why I wont shop certain places. Sometimes its bad service, sometimes its a policy I dont agree with. If I have a choice of buying a product who's company support charities & gives back to the community, I support them over someone who does not. I dont expect others to do the same, its a personal choice.

I do think some are not giving because of the crap Cindy has spewed. People are sick of it & that includes many who hold the purse strings for their business. The point is, it is not about Cindy, it is ONLY about Caylee.

I was off work for the last search and made many calls. (I am back to work now, so won't be able to, which is why I am posting resources for those who can)

There was quite a few people who came right out and stated that they wouldn't be interested in donating and they were pretty rude with their feelings.

Let's just say Orlando is no fan of the Anthony family and the way they were acting in the media and towards the search hindered the donations.

It is all about Caylee, I agree.

It's all in the sales job you do when call...sometimes a rebuttal of "regardless of your feelings about the Anthony family, there is a baby girl laying out there that deserves to be found and those volunteers searching for that baby could sure use your help", might change a mind. You never know what can turn a NO into a yes.

Donations to TES are tax ded. I think we all understand there is only so much a business can do. I also understand they get many request. I also know a certain amount of money is written into a budget for donations. Like I said, perhaps because it is so late in the year, they are tapped out. With all due respect, no one has asked you to make any calls, so please don't be upset with those of us who are making them.

I have many reasons why I wont shop certain places. Sometimes its bad service, sometimes its a policy I dont agree with. If I have a choice of buying a product who's company support charities & gives back to the community, I support them over someone who does not. I dont expect others to do the same, its a personal choice.

I do think some are not giving because of the crap Cindy has spewed. People are sick of it & that includes many who hold the purse strings for their business. The point is, it is not about Cindy, it is ONLY about Caylee.

<<My bold>>

appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif

I, too, selectively support. If a business won't give back to the community in need that supports them they don't need my support.

I'm sure many are fed up with CA and her antics. As I said before, this isn't about her. This is about Caylee and supporting a group that travels everywhere to bring the lost home.

Local LE doesn't have the "budget" or the manpower to do it themselves, either. Sometimes it's just time to step up to the plate and say, "Yep! We'll help. What do you need?" despite what the corporate office has dictated as "the budget". And that in itself is great advertising...from yet another and no doubt larger "budget".

You can bet the community and local LE is appreciative of the help. Especially by a professional group such as TES.

And you can bet that people who make far less than "corporate" earnings are donating freely as they can to help with the search.

No such thing as a "small town" anymore, is there?

:) Thanks so much for the info. It s helpful to have that when you are not local. Banz, I will call all of the ones listed here on Monday & Tues if you can do the Mc Donalds one. WS NEVER give up.

Thanks so much to you and Banz for calling! Thanks to everyone helping. :)

I was off work for the last search and made many calls. (I am back to work now, so won't be able to, which is why I am posting resources for those who can)

There was quite a few people who came right out and stated that they wouldn't be interested in donating and they were pretty rude with their feelings.

Let's just say Orlando is no fan of the Anthony family and the way they were acting in the media and towards the search hindered the donations.

It is all about Caylee, I agree.

It's all in the sales job you do when call...sometimes a rebuttal of "regardless of your feelings about the Anthony family, there is a baby girl laying out there that deserves to be found and those volunteer searching for that baby could sure use your help", might change a mind. You never know what can turn a NO into a yes.

Again ~ just from my own experience ~ when I called, I stressed that it was a donation to help feed all of the volunteers searching for Caylee. Everyone it seemed wanted to talk about the case. Everyone it seemed thought that she was no longer with us. And everyone it seemed thought her family was nuts. I just stressed that was the reason our support was so important in this case.

Again ~ just from my own experience ~ when I called, I stressed that it was a donation to help feed all of the volunteers searching for Caylee. Everyone it seemed wanted to talk about the case. Everyone it seemed thought that she was no longer with us. And everyone it seemed thought her family was nuts. I just stressed that was the reason our support was so important in this case.

Exactly. That's what I did too!

I think Cindy speaking out so nasty against Tim and LE last time after the search had been going a few days REALLY ticked off a lot of people because soon after the search numbers went up and donations started flowing in.

I was thinking (I know, dangerous) --

Since all the TV stations, newspapers, etc. are going to be there anyway, perhaps we can talk them all into donating drinks, ice and/or food ? AND, we can also ask them to ask local businesses to donate during the morning and evening local newscast. If businesses think there's a chance they would get free advertising from the news media, they may go for it...

I can start calling them all tomorrow during business hours...

Hey everyone. Just wanted to let you know that I emailed Regis and Kelly today asking if they could assist with enlisting volunteers and sponsorship for this search. If they could even plug TES or this particular search, it would be very helpful. I will keep you posted as to whether I hear from them. Heartfelt thanks to everyone who contributes to this search, through money, participation and thoughts and prayers. Here's hoping that after whatever change tomorrow brings our country, TES can find Caylee and she may be put to rest with the dignity she so well deserves.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back