DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

WillenFan21

Reaction score
Letters between Sheriff’s Office and Jose Baez show tension
Last Edited: Wednesday, 24 Sep 2008, 5:31 PM EDT
Created: Wednesday, 24 Sep 2008, 5:31 PM EDT

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35, Orlando) -- FOX 35 has new information on the correspondence between the Orange County Sheriff’s Office and Casey Anthony’s attorney Jose Baez .

There is some struggle between the sides because the sheriff's office feels like Casey knows where her daughter is while her attorney Jose Baez continues to say his client does not. Baez says Casey left Caylee with the babysitter and hasn't seen her since.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/p...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35, Orlando) -- FOX 35 has new information on the correspondence between the Orange County Sheriff’s Office and Casey Anthony’s attorney Jose Baez .

There is some struggle between the sides because the sheriff's office feels like Casey knows where her daughter is while her attorney Jose Baez continues to say his client does not. Baez saysCasey left Caylee with the babysitter and hasn't seen her since.

FOX 35 received two letters: one sent from lead investigator John Allen on September 19 and a response from Jose Baez on September 23.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/p...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photogalleries/092408baezsheriffletters/indexGallery.htm

(the letters are hard to read but couldnt find them on any other format yet).

There is some struggle between the sides because the sheriff's office feels like Casey knows where her daughter is while her attorney Jose Baez continues to say his client does not. Baez saysCasey left Caylee with the babysitter and hasn't seen her since.

FOX 35 received two letters: one sent from lead investigator John Allen on September 19 and a response from Jose Baez on September 23.

http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photogalleries/092408baezsheriffletters/indexGallery.htm

(the letters are hard to read but couldnt find them on any other format yet).

Baez:boohoo:

Baez is quite condescending at least from what I have gathered from the tone and wording of his letter. Does he really want to rile LE? Bad choice, IMO. I hope he is ready for a royal ish storm at the GJ, I can not wait.

edited: thought better of my original comment. thanks.

Jin4one posted the following link in the daily update thread:

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/p...n=4&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Here are the actual letters:

LOL, the best quote from the law enforcement letter is "In response to your offer to fully cooperate, I am requesting that you provide the circumstances and location Caylee Anthony was last seen. As you are aware, the previous statements provided by your client have been false and misleading."

Not to be outdone, Jose ignores that question and gets snippy:

"I was pleased to see that your office has decided to take me up on our offer to cooperate in the search for Caylee Marie Anthony. Albeit two months later, it is better late than never, I suppose.

I was, however, displeased by the fact that I had to hear about your fax from the media before I even got the chance to read it. Nonetheless, I will convey your message to my client to discuss it with her further.

Please give me a call when you are more interested in searching for Caylee, as opposed to trying to improve your office's public relations image. I realize your office is under a lot of pressure because you haven't found Caylee, but you should conduct your efforts in a more productive manner as opposed to leaking your communications with me to the media."

Way to blame the police for not finding Caylee! Who lost her in the first place again? Oh, right.. YOUR CLIENT. Who still, by the way, hasn't come up with anything truthful or that could be verified about the last time she saw Caylee.

i read this yesterday, and i'm still laughing. that baez is something else.... i wouldn't let him pay me to represent me on a parking ticket. hahahahaha

I am starting to question everything that Baez is doing. He is not qualified to take on a case of this magnitude. He demeanor the past few weeks wih the smirks and remarks really has to stop. This is a serious case not a circus. He is only in it for publicity and money. It is sad.

I agree with you who is to blame for losing Caylee. It certainly is not the police or public. It is KC. We are willing to search and help out only if we get some leads on where to look. Geez Baez needs to go back to law school as some people commented in the news.

All that needs doing to end this circus is one tiny little thing: Casey has to tell where Caylee is. Obviously, the only reason Casey won't tell is it would incriminate her.

Now, put yourself in JB's place. You client, for sure, is facing child neglect charges. She might be facing murder or manslaughter charges. Hmmmm...which one carries more time? That's right, the murder charges. So, in order to get your client less time in the pokey, you have her fess up on the child neglect charges.

Oh, wait, you can't do that because she did kill her child. So, you do nothing except drum up movie deals and try and turn public opinion to your client's advantage.

This is just so stupid! Doesn't JB know there's no statute of limitations on murder charges? doesn't he know that LE is carefully building a case, and can bring charges even tho they don't have a body? Doesn't he know that Casey's motivation and means are spread all over the net for the world to see? Doesn't he get this?

This guy is a bottom-feeder of epic proportions!

I am wondering what is relationship with LE has been in past cases. Anyone in Orlando know? He's only been practicing for, what about 3 years, so he's got a lot of years ahead of him as an attorney, where he needs to have a halfway decent relationship with LE for longterm purposes. So, why all the cutting remarks, it seems quite unprofessional, and counter-productive, at the very least.

Why should the sheriff need to request accurate information?

Why hasn't Casey offered this up without a request?

Does he think he'll get a truthful response from Casey?

Casey just doesn't care. Her text message to tonyL, if they never find her guess who spends an eternity in jail?

She knows this, so why not just up the ante and tell what really happened, Casey knows she's got big jail time coming. Why not make it easier on all involved and give up Caylee.

I am disgusted by JB. I understand defense attorneys are hard to like but are necessary. However, JB is taking this case personally on many levels. I think he and KC deserve to spend 5 hours a day together because they are made from the same mold. He is learning from CA how to finger point and make poor KC look like a victim. He is overly confident to the point of getting sarcastic with LE. Sure shift the blame on them. I know that he is completely vested in the outcome of this case. KC may be looking at him as her knight in shining armor. He is looking at her as the big break in his career that he's been waiting for. He is more obsessed with the money he might make from book deals and tapping into KCs defense fund than he is with her interests as a client. I know people who are overconfident tend to get slapped in the face. His slap is close at hand.

I agree that JB is not qualified for this case. I have felt that way for some time now. The fact that he didn't file his motion with the court should be a big clue.

Baez' response is juvenile. I guess I should be relieved that Casey got herself such an inadequate lawyer.

i read this yesterday, and i'm still laughing. that baez is something else.... i wouldn't let him pay me to represent me on a parking ticket. hahahahaha

They’re hard to read there so I’ve retyped them here for your perusal (in the daily update thread too) bc Jose’s is really worth a look- for sheer entertainment value alone. :crazy: Not to get all snarky but…I mean what grade is he in again? It sounds like something I might have fired back at a rival in MIDDLE SCHOOL! IF I was a whiny little baby (which I wasn’t)! Wooooo- don’t mess w/Jose you wouldn’t like him when he’s DISPLEASED. :eek:

Reality check -no way JOSE! You don’t get to whine about the “2 month delay” or that your ego’s not getting properly STROKED by Law Enforcement when you should conduct your efforts in a more productive manner and convey the message to your client that she needs to PICK A STORY (how ’bout the truth? -that one’s easiest to remember) and tell us what happened to her daughter!! Obviously, everyone realizes that your office is under a lot of pressure, what w/sustaining oneself in an alternate reality, but pls, at least take a stab at joining us in the real world. Albeit OVER 3 MONTHS later, it would be better late than never, I suppose. There’s a beautiful little girl missing! JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE!!:furious::furious::furious:

Here’s the letter TO Jose FROM OC Sheriff’s Office:

September 19, 2008

Jose Baez, Esquire

522 Simpson Road

Kissimmee, FL 34744

Dear Mr. Baez:
In your correspondence to the Orange County Sheriff’s Office you have stated your willingness to fully cooperate with law enforcement regarding the investigation of Caylee Anthony’s disappearance within the confines of your ethical obligation to your client, Casey Anthony.

In response to your offer to fully cooperate, I am requesting that you provide the circumstances and location Caylee Anthony was last seen. As you are aware, the previous statements provided by your client have been false and misleading.

The law enforcement personnel involved in the search for Caylee Anthony acknowledge your ethical obligation to you client. We hope that it is your client’s genuine desire to help find her daughter and to uncover the truth. We are also hopeful that you are able to provide the circumstances and location that Casey Anthony last saw her daughter, and that you understand the information we are requesting is crucial to the search for Caylee Anthony. If you are willing to assist in this matter, please contact me at your earliest opportunity.

Sincerely,
Kevin Beary

Sheriff of Orange County

Sergeant John Allen

Criminal Investigations Division

Missing Persons Squad

(407) 254-7222

Here’s the response FROM Jose TO OC Sheriff’s Office:

September 22, 2008

via facsimile

Orange County Sheriff’s Office

Attn: Sgt. John Allen

2500 West Colonial Drive

Orlando, FL 32408

Re: State of Florida v. Casey M. Anthony

Dear Sgt. Allen:
I was pleased to see that your office has decided to take me up on our offer to cooperate in the search for Caylee Marie Anthony. Albeit two months later, it is better late than never, I suppose.

I was, however, displeased by the fact that I had to hear about your fax from the media before I even got the chance to read it. Nonetheless, I will convey your message to my client and discuss it with her further.

Please give me a call when you are more interested in searching for Caylee, as opposed to trying to improve your office’s public relations image. I realize that your office is under a lot of pressure because you haven’t found Caylee, but you should conduct your efforts in a more productive manner as opposed to leaking your communications with me to the media.

Sincerely,
Jose A. Baez, Esq.

Seems as tho JB did not get the response he wanted from LE OR he is beginning to FEEL the squeeze.

Sorry excuse, he only has his own goals in sight not KC, and ABSOLUTELY not Caylee. Either way he is a loser as he has to live with himself and

I read an interesting comment yesterday about this particular exchange of correspondence, speculating that they were leaked by Jose Baez because there was no mention in the media of the sheriff's letter until Jose had responded.

Does anyone remember seeing a story about the fax sent by the sheriff before Jose's 9/22 reply?

After reading JB's response, I've come to the conclusion that he and Todd Black are the perfect team to represent Miss Casey. Years of jail time are ahead for that girl.

trying this topic again :) Please don't just bash Baez for 20 pages .

Given the fact that Jose's two investigators have failed to find Caylee despite their access to his client, it seems a little peculiar that he's gloating over the failure of LE to find the hiding place Casey used to dump her body.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills
Back