Letters to Casey from Cindy and George

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think they are saying that his handwriting is feminine-looking, and not just because it is neat. I know plenty of men that have excellent penmanship, but their writing does not look feminine.

I'm not so sure I think his handwriting is feminine-looking though. It is rather large, but I don't think its too girly looking.

There are several penmanship methods which appear "feminine". The method taught in schools in the late 1950s-1960s (Palmer Method) when George learned definitely had a feminine flair. Older styles from earlier centuries are even more feminine in appearance.

Take a look at these penmanship styles:

http://www.ameshistoricalsociety.org/nichols_business_guide.htm

http://www.ameshistoricalsociety.org/penmanship2.htm

One can see these writing styles in old documents. It was quite common for men and women to have these "feminine" looking letters in former days.

I agree, though, George's handwriting is more stylistic than that of most men's nowadays.

From GA's letter of March 25:

Thursday
March 25. 2010

Casey Marie,

Where do I begin???

Well, met with Jose & Cheney Mason on Wednesday, March 24th.

Jose in Cheney Mason’s office delivered me disturbing news & ask me 2 heartbreaking questions?

You know what 2 questions he asked, and I am num…..

Why, why also destroy Lee…

Why, why also destroy Mom…

Why, why also destroy me, your family…

Why, why also destroy Caylee Marie…

After all, I have tried, sacrificed, continued to love you, my Daughter, why???

Continually coming to court, continually wanting to see you, why???

Even GA at his lowest emotional ebb puts Caylee last in the list.

And I am not being dense, I know the general content, but I would really like to know what were the exact 2 questions put to George, and how they were phrased, and etc....

Why, why did GA use the word "also" in these questions? Who's left? Casey? I hate this letter because to me it is exactly what I would expect from a guilty person: "I know I hurt you, but it was because I loved you, and there's nothing we can do now about you being hurt, so why ALSO hurt everyone else by telling them?" But the As have such a strange and stilted way of using language that I can't be sure...

You're right they're totally contrived! I am seeing them in a whole new light after reading those...Cindy's little 'zings' are just great! George's final letter shows up all the rest as total BS too, no great shock in him as regards to her having already 'destroyed Caylee' he's known that all along....really looking forward to seeing Cindy on the stand!
Yeah, I think by the end GA had enough and said "Scr*w this!". No doubt in my mind that he did go after her when she was home between stints.

Why, why did GA use the word "also" in these questions? Who's left? Casey? I hate this letter because to me it is exactly what I would expect from a guilty person: "I know I hurt you, but it was because I loved you, and there's nothing we can do now about you being hurt, so why ALSO hurt everyone else by telling them?" But the As have such a strange and stilted way of using language that I can't be sure...

Just my :twocents:, FWIW...

I took this as George asking why she is destroying them in addition to herself. If he thinks she is guilty, she destroyed her life by killing her daugher. If he thinks she is innocent (rolling my eyes here), then she has destroyed her life by telling such a ridiculous story about what really happened.

I have no use for child molesters, and they can all burn in hell for all I care. I do have a difficult time believing Casey was molested by either George or Lee. While, IMO, she does display some classic symptoms, those symptoms are not exclusive to victims of molestation, and also, they don't seem to have manifested until Casey was already an adult, and in my layman's experience, real child victims show these symptoms at a much earlier age.

This is likely O/T for most, so just scroll by. I am posting it for My2Sense. Forgive me , it is long and has nothing to do with the letters.
I am trying to compile this for you because some of it is from his book, and other parts are from interviews. I hope this will help until I have the book in front of me.

[snipped by me]

Thanks so much for taking the time to post this! I've not read his book. Interesting that he, too, comments on the surreal cleanliness of the home.

Just my :twocents:, FWIW...

I took this as George asking why she is destroying them in addition to herself. If he thinks she is guilty, she destroyed her life by killing her daugher. If he thinks she is innocent (rolling my eyes here), then she has destroyed her life by telling such a ridiculous story about what really happened.

I have no use for child molesters, and they can all burn in hell for all I care. I do have a difficult time believing Casey was molested by either George or Lee. While, IMO, she does display some classic symptoms, those symptoms are not exclusive to victims of molestation, and also, they don't seem to have manifested until Casey was already an adult, and in my layman's experience, real child victims show these symptoms at a much earlier age.

I don't think for one second that ICA was molested by GA or LA. All part of the fantasy that is her life.

May be the reason why George apologized for not being a better father, a better friend. I think George had had it with her bs when they were all under the same roof. According to him, he deferred to CA when handling any "issue" with Casey. IMO Casey didn't think very much of her father. I think George felt pretty much worthless in that family and kinda removed himself (at least mentally) from all that was going on around him.

I have never believed that Casey was afraid of Cindy. I think that was a load of BS that Casey fed to LE in order to make an "excuse" for herself concerning those 31 days. I don't see Cindy afraid of Casey either. I see more of a hate relationship between the two instead. Who can hurt the other the most. Think of a divorced couple fighting over their children.

Remember the movie "The War of the Roses" with Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner. That what CA and KC remind me of....... jmo

I noticed that in writing this letter, GA did not refute the allegations. Me, I would have said something like, "Why would you say something like this? Why tell such lies? You know this never happened!". But he didn't. He merely asked why she was destroying family members. Strange. JMO but perhaps he was more angry that she "told".
Nah...(IMO)...they're very careful with their words. The "disturbing" news may have been that the defense intends to use the "molestations" as a mitigating factor when sentencing comes around. George could very well be asking her why she's going along with the "plan". We know how George feels about JB. He continues to tell Casey she's in charge. IMHO he's extremely tired of going along with all this. Can't blame him one bit.

I'm thinking one of the purposes of this discovery is that it shows that CA can appear to be delusional. That she is still trying to throw other people under the bus, and that she is "fighting" against the "conspiracy" the State is engaged in. The letters from CA with the backdrop of the 911 calls make the calls seem all the more like an excited utterance, and casts a light on CA's reasons for going on the air and downplaying them. JMO MOO IMO
Could it be that they were holding on to these letters (besides the "utter nonsense" factor) for another reason? I listened to RP's interview again yesterday, and it sure seemed to me that LE was very much interested in Cindy's involvement. They even asked if Cindy was like Casey (in her lies).

Nov 9, 2009 ... TV Host/Producer/Report and author of the blog Watts Up With This launches his weekly radio show Sunday Nov. 8th at 800 pm EST.
www.blogtalkradio.com
click on Whatts Up With This, November 9, 2009
Mark Fuhrman Opens Up About The Murder ... 53 minute mark Casey

Also, he discusses it on Levi Page's show Levi Page
Levi Page Mark Furhman fmr LAPD homicide detective and the author of "The Murder Business" discusses his new book. Listen Live here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/levipage once on his page, please search for this date November 8, 2009 )

Here's the direct link to Mark Fuhrman on Steph Watts' very first radio show Nov 8, 2009 (lots of talk about the Simpson case in the beginning). Anthony case begins about 52 minutes into show, near end:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/watts-up-with-this/2009/11/09/watts-up-with-this

Direct link to Mark Fuhrman on Levi's show Nov. 8th, 2009, talks about the Anthonys beginning at just after 6 minutes:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/levipage/2009/11/09/the-murder-business

Levi's show has excellent insight into Haleigh's case, and notice, the show was taped before the big drug bust.

Thanks so much for posting the info and links re: Mark Fuhrman's reports on this case. Interesting that Mark Fuhrman says don't sell photos to the media and don't even give photos unless LE tells which ones to give (too bad Steph cuts him off). I recommend listening to both shows in their entirety, they cover several cases we're discussing here, including JonBenet, Caylee/Casey, Haleigh, and Peterson/Savio cases.

I see what you are saying. And to me it's not just what you are saying about him hurting her in the past(?) but it almost reads like, "after all I did to help you when you were in a jam" or "after me putting myself in danger to help you---you do this! Why???" KWIM?

MOO

There are several penmanship methods which appear "feminine". The method taught in schools in the late 1950s-1960s (Palmer Method) when George learned definitely had a feminine flair. Older styles from earlier centuries are even more feminine in appearance.

Take a look at these penmanship styles:

http://www.ameshistoricalsociety.org/nichols_business_guide.htm

http://www.ameshistoricalsociety.org/penmanship2.htm

One can see these writing styles in old documents. It was quite common for men and women to have these "feminine" looking letters in former days.

I agree, though, George's handwriting is more stylistic than that of most men's nowadays.

When I was a teenager I heard an "old wives tale" that penmanship was inversely related to intelligence, so the worse your handwriting, the higher your IQ. I really latched on to this theory because I have terrible penmanship and my mother has beautiful writing, lol. So, George's pretty writing doesn't surprise me at all.

But more likely it's probably just due to his schooling when young. Handwriting might have been emphasized more than when I went to school when were allowed to type and print.

Ok .... has anyone else picked up the fact that these letters are written in ALL one way conversations?

Is it me or what ..... CA and GA do not reply with any type of acknowledge of receipt of letters from ICA. No "my darling daughter, I was glad you wrote back" "it's good to hear from you" "we love you too" comments.

All they are writing about to ICA is what they see in court or through calls/texts from JB, JBarrett or AL.

Why would GA need to plea in huge croc tear stained letters to see his daughter face to face when they proclaim to the world they correspond with ICA regularly?

Could it be because ICA does NOT write to them. Bingo, do I win.

I'm still trying to catch up with this thread. I wasn't able to sit down and start reading the letters until late last night and have only read about half of them so far.

From what I've read there's been no letters from George and Cindy that indicate they're responding to a letter received from Casey. The Anthony letters are all one-sided, asking questions, telling Casey of family happenings, and stating their positions.

There are no letters that say, for example, "I was so glad to hear from you", or "To answer your question about grandpa", or anything that would indicate their letter is a response letter.

[snipped by me]

Thanks so much for taking the time to post this! I've not read his book. Interesting that he, too, comments on the surreal cleanliness of the home.

I don't think for one second that ICA was molested by GA or LA. All part of the fantasy that is her life.

ITA. It coulda gone either way for me I guess til I read that letter.

it doesnt sound guilty to me....unfortunately I know firsthand what an abuser sounds like when confronted and it doesnt sound like this.

the "also" he means is why you gotta drag us all down with you.

I haven't caught up on the thread entirely yet, but, just wanted to say "Thanks" for everyone's behavior re: minimal namecalling/bashing. Esp. on a topic that kinda invites the opportunity to do so. Your ability to keep that in check is what'll keep this thread open.

TIA.

I'm still trying to catch up with this thread. I wasn't able to sit down and start reading the letters until late last night and have only read about half of them so far.

From what I've read there's been no letters from George and Cindy that indicate they're responding to a letter received from Casey. The Anthony letters are all one-sided, asking questions, telling Casey of family happenings, and stating their positions.

There are no letters that say, for example, "I was so glad to hear from you", or "To answer your question about grandpa", or anything that would indicate their letter is a response letter.

You're correct. It appears Casey never wrote any family members. In addition to George and Cindy there were letters from Mallory and Aunt Kathy asking for ICA to write back even if she just writes hello. Also, I assume she has phone priveleges but never calls anyone. I find it so strange that she can go this long without communicating with any family or friends. If it was me I think I would tell my lawyers to forget it, I have to talk to somebody. I really don't understand how she lives in isolation. Is it indicative of a sociopathic mindset?

I noticed that in writing this letter, GA did not refute the allegations. Me, I would have said something like, "Why would you say something like this? Why tell such lies? You know this never happened!". But he didn't. He merely asked why she was destroying family members. Strange. JMO but perhaps he was more angry that she "told".

Yes. Don't know if this has been mentioned, but I was talking about this with my hubby earlier today. Thinking back to one of the Jail Visit videos- when Casey stepped to the phone (just after a visit with the mental health professional in jail) she announces with a smile "Don't worry. I didn't tell them anything." Hmmm--- could THAT be the family secret they were afraid would be divulged?

Quite honestly, I found GA's letters just a little bit creepy.

I did, too, and thought it was exclusive to him...then I saw MP's letter, with the "Beautiful" thing-What are they smoking down there? Do they sit around and lavish KC with compliments on her beauty and grace, lamenting the loss of their red, red rose?

Oy.

Thanks for helping me with the links.

I do not believe that George or Lee molested Casey. I think it is something Casey has seen on an episode of One Tree Hill or video once and she thinks the abuse excuse will garner her sympathy.

The thing is how does Casey think she will get normal hard working taxpaying members of the jury, that are brothers , dads, moms or sisters of little baby girls to imagine that she left her child , daily, with her molester to endanger Caylee being abused? By all accounts mom and pop watched Caylee 98 percent of the time and the would be Zanny only on rare occasions. Ask any sexually abused child how often their children are alone with the abuser. NEVER!!!

News flash love, that topic does not even come up in the guilt or innocence phase of the trial. The fact that you are planting seeds for the inevitable guilty verdict penalty phase is a red flag.

I think George is a lot of sad things that I would not respect, but this one I am not buying. Cindy Anthony had no glue on her shoes, and there is no way in the world he was the breadwinner and she felt trapped. She would have told him to get the hell out and she would have milked that drama for mom , pop, brothers and friends to shower her with support for many years. She would light up like a Christmas tree from all the attention and sympathy. She tossed him out on his butt over a lot less.

Cindy better get wise, get a helmet or both. She is next. Casey has no limits and clearly they do hate one another. Every single thing Cindy said in every letter was a jab, you know the kind of compliment you get from the jealous co worker when you get promoted over her, a thinly veiled snarky remark. Congratulations on your promotion, it must be nice to be the boss's favorite...implying maybe there is a reason for that favoritism. The kind of remark you just wink at, and let their imagination run wild are you denying or admitting. LOL!! That is what Cindy is doing times one hundred, she knows which buttons to push, oh the sun and surf we are enjoying. Everyone loves me, everyone writes to me, me, me, me, enough about me, when are you going to write to ME? One sentence about Casey's only sibling. Lee has a turtle. Now back to me.

The FBI agent nailed it in the first five minutes of talking to her. He explained to George that when Cindy answered his written profile questions about Casey her answers defied reality. She answered that Casey was responsible, honest, trusted, careful, etc. despite the two hours they spent detailing every thing she had told LE had been systematically proven to be false, one hundred percent of it. Scott, ( I believe it was Scott) told George, Cindy has a distinct need to appear that SHE was a good mother, so by extension Casey has to have been a good mother, as it reflects on Cindy's sense of self. Cindy detailed for him how she raised her kids, giving them two baths a day while they were potty training, packing their snacks, cleaning their toys,ever mindful never to raise her voice to them. None of this had anything to do with the price of tea in China, but Cindy was confusing her mothering with Casey's mothering. Much like Cindy calls Caylee Cays ( which makes me sick) and tells how similar she is to Casey that she will have the same teachers and do the same things. She even said something to the effect of it was as if we get a second chance , a second opportunity to raise Casey again. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-3ex6v1Fa8[/ame] three minute mark is some of it

It is imperative for Cindy to appear to be a good mother. Remember this is the lady that brings a seven month, totally showing , pregnant child to a family wedding and denies she is expecting, oh no not my child, my child is a virgin, Brother, are you gonna believe me or your, mom's , dad's, your lovely bride's and low these two hundred guests' lying eyes?pregnantKC.jpg ( The photo is soooo representative of Anthyonics, her tummy could not be more protruding if she were kidding around with a beach ball under her dress. What a classic. You can't make this stuff up!)

In spite of the world falling in around her, she still believes she somehow comes off as an elegant, lovely, smart, concerned grandmother when she does these TV appearances. It is all about Cindy, all the time.

She hates Casey for what she did to Caylee, she has called her an unfit mother forever, according to what Casey told Lee. She has resented her for a long while, but now that she took the one thing that Cindy truly felt love from, her relationship with Caylee, now she wants to punish her and will do so every single chance she gets. She may not even realize it , but in my opinion this is what is going on.

Cindy is one of those people that needs pain and drama to feel alive. If she were to move away to somewhere quiet and new, she would make herself notorious in the new town in no time. Casey is just a Cindy Jr. in stripper boots.

She could have remained private as Lee has. She chooses this life she has, make no mistake about it. Once Lee has a baby, Casey will be lucky to get a letter once a year, unless it is on Caylee's anniversary and there are at least two news cameras to memorialize her trip , stroller in tow with the replacement baby for the photo, while she delivers it to the new post office near her, new, much grander home she bought with her media rights. That is the photo she'll want Casey to see on the news accounts. I have got her number, one doesn't need to be a psychologist. You may very easily predict her future behavior by her past behavior, self absorbed narcissism and feeling powerful by being cruel to others. Lee , the best advice I could give you is still what it was two years ago. Son, grab your girl and get the hell out of dodge. Do what mom and pop do. Say you'll write.
MOO

You're correct. It appears Casey never wrote any family members. In addition to George and Cindy there were letters from Mallory and Aunt Kathy asking for ICA to write back even if she just writes hello. Also, I assume she has phone priveleges but never calls anyone. I find it so strange that she can go this long without communicating with any family or friends. If it was me I think I would tell my lawyers to forget it, I have to talk to somebody. I really don't understand how she lives in isolation. Is it indicative of a sociopathic mindset?

Dear Prudence, I think she is likely managing quite fine in isolation. In fact, sociopaths are maybe better suited than anyone else for isolation--because they don't "miss" the interpersonal connections that others would, because those connections were never more than words to them. Plus don't doubt for a moment that she is creating her own KC-centric universe even in isolation.

- She controls her visitors (currently she can blame her defense for that and avoid responsibility)
- She gets plenty of mail from people who stroke her ego and abase themselves before her. Those letters are full of:
"you don't know me" (but I want to know you)
"you're probably wondering who I am" (or who is this stranger who is so smitten with you that they would write you without having met you)
"I don't want anything from you except friendship" (if you are willing to validate me and grant me your friendship--cuz that's how friendships form right?)​
- She is well equipped to shut out/disassociate from her past, so she is probably not sitting there regretting her actions or missing anyone. If her family would stop squawking about trying to see her she would be relieved. KC is dealing with the situation she's facing by strategizing to make the most of it for herself.

MOO, of course...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shawnlo5869
Back