Life for the West Memphis Three - Free After the Alford Plea

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sorry for the confusion. I discount his confessions where he involves Damien and Jason. He puts most of the blame on them and tries to make himself appear the good one. I have only read the documents on callahans and watched the trials and that is my instinct. Definatley a witch hunt on D and J though. I think Jessie told the cops D and J were involved because that is what they wanted to hear. By doing this he escaped telling on who was really there. Someone he was probably scared of. He was also seen near the woods where he hid from police as they drove by and and then there is the broken bottle that went with his story. Too much coincidences point to Jessie I think. He knew too much in the first interview to be discounted. ex Michael ran away from the others. I also somewhat believe Aarons first story too. I think those boys really did go to the woods to spy on men having sex and I think Jessie was probably one of them.

Does anyone know if they got DNA samples from LG Hollingsworth before he died?

This right here. As of right now (and I'm still studying the case), this is what I believe. I think due to the post conviction confessions, Jessie had to be there, but I think he implicated D and J because maybe he was scared of the people who were really there (I think J hung out with some really bad folks). I see no evidence that can be rationally explained away of D and J being at the scene. Jessie, on the other hand...

Hey guys, I created this thread for discussion about what their lives are like now that they are free, and reaction from them and others to their release.

This is not a thread to debate their guilt or innocence. We already have that discussion going on in two other threads.

Here's an update about their plans - a wedding, job searches, college plans and adjusting to freedom: http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-west-...-wedding-and-college-20110826,0,2355742.story

Here's an article about whether or not they can profit from telling their story, giving interviews, etc.: http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2011/08/26/does-the-son-of-sam-law-stand-in-the-way-of-the-west-memphis-3/

You're right. Sorry! :innocent:

And see, this just brings up more problems for me with his post conviction confessions. I just think he HAD to be there. For supporters (I'm saying this very respectfully) to say, he was in court, he heard his trial and picked up things from that, is a problem for me. I'm no physciatrist (I can't even spell it), but I can't see where he can be BOTH mentally retarded AND be able to understand and regurgitate the facts he heard in a trial - even his own. So this is my quandry with the confessions - again, post conviction. That rubbish that was the first one was so obviously wrong, I don't even count it.

I think the only info Misskelley picked up was from the media and the investigators asking the "questions". I'll leave it at that.
http://www.dpdlaw.com/JessieFirstStatement.htm

Now it's back on topic for me. (Sorry Gitana.) :)

i wonder if damien will be able to spend time with his son? i've only just finished the transcripts at the callahan site - so just wondering if they have seen each other over the years and if they will live together now.

I don't think they will live together because Seth has always lived with his mom but he always had a relationship with him and I'm sure will continue to do so :) IMO

To answer an earlier question, yes there is an ongoing effort, funded by some pretty deep pockets, to get Damien, Jason and Jessie exonerated.

I don't think they will live together because Seth has always lived with his mom but he always had a relationship with him and I'm sure will continue to do so :) IMO

I always wondered about the relationship between Seth and Damien. Glad to hear they were able to maintain a relationship despite the circumstances. Thanks for sharing that. :)

Did Domini ever marry? Have any other kids?

I always wondered about the relationship between Seth and Damien. Glad to hear they were able to maintain a relationship despite the circumstances. Thanks for sharing that. :)

Did Domini ever marry? Have any other kids?

It is my understanding (although I have no proof, just something I read somewhere about the case) that Domini has indeed married and has other children.

SHe has a myspace ,I'm not sure if it's ok to link to it?
there's a pretty recent picture of Damien's son also ;)

I was wondering if Damien and/or Lorri are into pets. If it was me on death row, I would miss animals SO much. He didn't seem to mention such in the few interviews I've heard/read, but I wonder if Damien or Lorri had/have a pet or 2? Pets give so much love and healing...it could be good for him, if he likes animals. :)

Wish we knew more details, but I respect their privacy and certainly understand that they don't want to live under a microscope.

Bumpity bump :)

hey guys, i created this thread for discussion about what their lives are like now that they are free, and reaction from them and others to their release.

This is not a thread to debate their guilt or innocence. We already have that discussion going on in two other threads.

here's an update about their plans - a wedding, job searches, college plans and adjusting to freedom: http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-west-...-wedding-and-college-20110826,0,2355742.story

here's an article about whether or not they can profit from telling their story, giving interviews, etc.: http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2011/08/26/does-the-son-of-sam-law-stand-in-the-way-of-the-west-memphis-3/

Hey guys, I created this thread for discussion about what their lives are like now that they are free, and reaction from them and others to their release.

Here's an update about their plans - a wedding, job searches, college plans and adjusting to freedom: http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-west-...-wedding-and-college-20110826,0,2355742.story

Here's an article about whether or not they can profit from telling their story, giving interviews, etc.: http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2011/08/26/does-the-son-of-sam-law-stand-in-the-way-of-the-west-memphis-3/

I would find it interesting if Damien wrote about his life on DR and being in the real world. It's not often we can get an up close story of someone being on DR and released. I'm sure it's happened before, but I'm not aware of any recent books. I would think that the WM3 could certainly profit in some way regarding their life of the last 18 years.

My opinion only.

Mel

To answer an earlier question, yes there is an ongoing effort, funded by some pretty deep pockets, to get Damien, Jason and Jessie exonerated.

Thanks! I would think this is an appropriate question for the thread since it is what they will be pursuing as "free after the Alford plea" I hope it is allowed. Wondering what they will be doing in their "free" time!!! ;) Perhaps getting themselves cleared? I know I would be doing this!!

I would find it interesting if Damien wrote about his life on DR and being in the real world. It's not often we can get an up close story of someone being on DR and released. I'm sure it's happened before, but I'm not aware of any recent books. I would think that the WM3 could certainly profit in some way regarding their life of the last 18 years.

My opinion only.

Mel

In his autobiography, Almost Home, Damien recounted some of his experiences on Death Row. IMO, he will continue to write, maybe about Death Row, maybe just write. He might not want to relive the hell of Death Row, but, OTOH, now that he no longer has to fear the reprisals, maybe telling the experience will be cathartic.

In his autobiography, Almost Home, Damien recounted some of his experiences on Death Row. IMO, he will continue to write, maybe about Death Row, maybe just write. He might not want to relive the hell of Death Row, but, OTOH, now that he no longer has to fear the reprisals, maybe telling the experience will be cathartic.

Very true, CR. Damien more than likely held a lot back for fear of reprecussion from his gaurds or other prisoners. Perhaps he'll expand on that book when he feels the time is right. And I do believe it would be quite a cathartic moment.

Just my opinion.

Mel

http://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/archives/2011/09/04/life-after-prison-for-west-memphis-three

I suppose it's no surprise, but when I asked Jessie how I could help, he responded with "if you know anyone with a job offer in the Memphis area, let me know!" Susie also indicates that they're $300 short on getting the electric turned on. The State of Arkansas not only robbed him of 18 years, it then gave them essentially nothing - no compensation (obviously), no job training, no help in getting established. I mean, BS plea bargains aside - even if they legally consider him "guilty" and "released after time served"... no nothing? Gee, why do we have such a high recidivism rate in this country?

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/how-rockers-helped-free-the-west-memphis-three-20110901

Now in their midthirties, all three are eager to finally begin their adult lives. Echols is pondering his next move while on vacation with his wife, Lorri Davis (an advocate for their case he met in prison); Misskelley is preparing to marry his high school sweetheart; and Baldwin is looking at college catalogs. "It feels like I've been reborn," he says. "The future is wide open."

http://www.smokymountainnews.com/in...33-the-wheels-of-justice-got-stuck-in-the-mud

Like a lot of kids, I was attracted to this kind of music for various reasons. It was not music that any parent or teacher would have approved of, which was one big selling point. It offered a place to go for people who didn’t feel they fit in anywhere else, and it gave a sense not only of community but of power to a group that hadn’t had much of either in life. The power was in the power chords, thunderous hooks, music that would rattle the windows in your car, except that your windows were down, because you wanted everybody in your stupid-*advertiser censored* town to know that you were into AC/DC. You were part of that. The normal kids could listen to Peter Frampton and date cheerleaders and go to the prom. You were on “the highway to hell.” Rock on.

Not really about their future, but still an interesting read. I found this paragraph compelling, because I remember feeling the same way.... way back then. heh

The third documentary on the West Memphis Three is scheduled to be released in November. There may be a happier ending in this one, but Jason Baldwin is right: don’t dare call it justice. Those boys can’t have back 17 years of their lives, the actual killer (or killers) of three 8-year-old boys got away with it, and the Arkansas legal system essentially resorted to legal blackmail to get itself off the hook.

bold mine

From Roxye:

Quote:
The third documentary on the West Memphis Three is scheduled to be released in November. There may be a happier ending in this one, but Jason Baldwin is right: don’t dare call it justice. Those boys can’t have back 17 years of their lives, the actual killer (or killers) of three 8-year-old boys got away with it, and the Arkansas legal system essentially resorted to legal blackmail to get itself off the hook.
bold mine

The HBO release of Paradise Lost 3: Purgatory has been pushed back until January, 2012. It was originally to have been released in November, but circumstances changed. LOL Also, they plan to give it a limited theatrical release so it will be eligible for Academy Awards. The premier will be at the Toronto Film Festival in November, IIRC, but my understanding is that it will not include any information about the release. The final version is supposed to be ready for the NY Film Festival and for the limited theatrical release as well as the HBO airing.

Any update on the guys actual living arrangements and whether they are working etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emmab
Back