Light bulb moments

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
my light bulb moment came over the weekend. I believed at the beginning that kc had burned the body, one of the reasons that I believed this was because of the gas cans being stolen from the a's house. she had stolen gas before but never the CANS. Well the cans were taken because her car was out of gas in the neighborhood that she cut through on her way to the a's, and tone and kc had to get the cans and go to the car to put gas in it.
My second light bulb moment came when I realized that she really didnt do a good job of handling the car. The car is the one thing that will prove a death has occurred. There are so many other things kc could have done with the car that would have been much more efficient at destroying or hiding the car. If she really was out of gas she only made a half-hearted attempt to retrieve it. tone picks her up at amscot on 6/27, tells him dont worry dad will take care of it. sets up excuse to use his vehicle while hes out of town, and it is fusion friday, and we know she aint missing that. 6/28 calls jesse, car out of gas, he tells her hes on the other side of town cant help, ok now sunday 6/29, text amy hey can I borrow you and your gas cans ? (dont know for sure but think amy had to work) anyway no gas cans, in storage. finally monday 6/30, kc shows up at ric's to see amy, they go to trgt for the new gas can, and yet she still doesnt go to amscot and check on the car until that evening. no worries love car is gone, towed at 9:16am this very morning before new gas can was even purchased. very sloppy really not much effort or ingenuity. This makes me believe that we are thinking way too hard about what she did with the body. I don't think she burned, dismembered, or placed the body in water, but I do think she went back to the dumpsite and placed some type of symbolic momento on the body.

Good thinking, Kellio. It's so true. We often start thinking way too hard and get off track.

She was pretty lazy and almost right there under her parent's noses the entire time!

I go back and forth on whether or not she dumped her in a dumpster or water in a park/wooded area.

Maybe in a dumpster in a park???????

My lightbulb moment was listening to Casey "elbow" Caylee out of the way. Pointing out how she likes the same food, how they are "like the same tiny little person", and then insisting that their family is going to be "back to the way it used to be." Her lighting up when her parents are there, hanging on her every word.

She made it clear to me she wasn't going to stand for this little person getting all her attention :(

Good thinking, Kellio. It's so true. We often start thinking way too hard and get off track.

She was pretty lazy and almost right there under her parent's noses the entire time!

I go back and forth on whether or not she dumped her in a dumpster or water in a park/wooded area.

Maybe in a dumpster in a park???????

yeah, I dont think she did anything that would have taken too much effort, she was lazy. And she seemed to not want to let pesky details get in the way of the kc party train. I think that the answer is so simple that we will all go oh gee, I think the answer is right under our noses. I'll tell you I'm not trying to think like a criminal anymore, cause I dont think she was very smart at all. (guess gonna try to think like selfish party girl, that doesnt like the darned details involved with all of this messy stuff)

Spot on! It's all about KC, always has been.

I also thought about the lyrics on her page, and how telling they were, like a way to explain how she feels and then I thought of the Obituary she cut out of the paper of her high school friend that she claimed was Caylee dad. She may have been saving it to show Caylee someday who her dad was and that he died, so she would have a story to tell her when she was older, but I don't know if she even cared enough to do that for Caylee.

Originally Posted by dmk
My lightbulb moment was the first jail phone call from Casey to her family. I was shocked at how utterly disreptful she was to CA & even to Kristina, who was balling her eyes out! Huge effing waste!

Oh, and who could forget this little nugget?

"All you care about is getting Caylee back"

This was my moment too. This was no mother who was missing her child!

That call alone should get her convicted LWOP. If I were the prosecution, I'd use it as the closing line of my closing statement, just before the jury heads to the deliberation room. Oh, yeah. That's what I'd do.

If I were on that jury it would take me all of three seconds to boldly scrawl "GUILTY".

That call alone should get her convicted LWOP. If I were the prosecution, I'd use it as the closing line of my closing statement, just before the jury heads to the deliberation room. Oh, yeah. That's what I'd do.

If I were on that jury it would take me all of three seconds to boldly scrawl "GUILTY".

I totally agree with this lightbulb moment. Of all the things she said during this time, this was the one where I went....WHAT did she just say? And then quickly corrects herself and says "and you know what, that's all I want too".

Um no. You don't talk like that when your child has been "kidnapped" and has been missing for 31 days. You just don't. IMHO.

Good idea. Use it for the closing statement. Better yet, play the recording back at high volume for the jury to hear.

There are too many moments to count for me. The most significant is that she waited 31 days! As a parent- I would have been on the phone immediately-whether it was to police, my father- I would have called SOMEONE!!! In her IM's she constantly refers to Caylee as "the kid"- that to me indicates her ability to dissassociate herself from Caylee-
Lie upon lie- not a single picture of Caylee in her cell- cant remember the cell number of the "nanny" she's used for almost 2 years? She tells one lie to try to get out of the one she got caught in- the snowball effect---that ball will soon melt- and the truth will come out.

When I heard 31 days the first time, my immediate thought was, "She killed her child!". Then we were told about the lies, lies, lies, and the fun trips with LE to Sawgrass, Universal, etc.

If I had any doubts, by the time the first phone call from jail was released, I would have changed my mind so fast. Casey was hateful to everyone, even her friend who was crying over Caylee, and it was all about what Casey wanted.

One thing about that phone call, I think it revealed the truth about the family dynamics and how the family felt in the beginning about Casey and what she did to Caylee. Casey blamed everyone but herself because she was in jail. Cindy, Lee, and Kristina tried to get her to tell the truth, they didn't believe her lies at that point. It was only later, maybe a day or two, when their demeanor changed in public and they began protecting the perp.

There are too many moments to count for me. The most significant is that she waited 31 days! As a parent- I would have been on the phone immediately-whether it was to police, my father- I would have called SOMEONE!!! In her IM's she constantly refers to Caylee as "the kid"- that to me indicates her ability to dissassociate herself from Caylee-
Lie upon lie- not a single picture of Caylee in her cell- cant remember the cell number of the "nanny" she's used for almost 2 years? She tells one lie to try to get out of the one she got caught in- the snowball effect---that ball will soon melt- and the truth will come out.

Very true. The 31 days is definately most significant. Her statement was probably the lightbulb moment when I realized she really did kill her baby.

Whatever it was, it sealed the deal for me.

Her most telling comments as to her true feelings, IMHO. Sick, sick, sick :(

My light bulb moment today was when I realized that both Iassen and Sean d are very big players in this( not in the death or dumping of the body ). Iassen's dl stuff in the new doc dump, pix of sean d everywhere partying with kc, le interview with sean, but go in and look at the states witness list... no sean d, no iassen. I'm really thinking they are gonna be "special" witnesses.

My light bulb moment today was when I realized that both Iassen and Sean d are very big players in this( not in the death or dumping of the body ). Iassen's dl stuff in the new doc dump, pix of sean d everywhere partying with kc, le interview with sean, but go in and look at the states witness list... no sean d, no iassen. I'm really thinking they are gonna be "special" witnesses.

If you are referring to what is called a rebuttal witness, whose testimony is not needed to prove the state's case in chief, but whose testimony MAY wind up being necessary to REBUT anything a defense witness says, they very well could be... but an attorney has to be VERY careful regarding rebuttal witnesses and the decision NOT to designate them as witnesses on the witness list. Some judges take the position that certain witness' testimony is so integral to the case that they couldn't possibly be considered a rebuttal witness, ergo if you fail to designate them on your witness list, you are precluded from calling them to testify (e.g., the defense screams "ambush, Judge, we had NO idea that this witness would be called, as they weren't on the witness list, etc.")

If you are referring to what is called a rebuttal witness, whose testimony is not needed to prove the state's case in chief, but whose testimony MAY wind up being necessary to REBUT anything a defense witness says, they very well could be... but an attorney has to be VERY careful regarding rebuttal witnesses and the decision NOT to designate them as witnesses on the witness list. Some judges take the position that certain witness' testimony is so integral to the case that they couldn't possibly be considered a rebuttal witness, ergo if you fail to designate them on your witness list, you are precluded from calling them to testify (e.g., the defense screams "ambush, Judge, we had NO idea that this witness would be called, as they weren't on the witness list, etc.")

So how far in advance of the trial date does the state have to declare all of its witnesses? Can it be amended up to a certain amount of time before trial? I have a feeling there are certain 'special' witnesses (not rebuttal) who will be added at the last minute...i.e. Annie. That way their depositions/interviews won't be released way in advance of the trial. Is that in keeping with procedure?

No, I was referring to the kind that testify for the state and are given immunity.

As a matter of fact I'm now curious as to why we've seen numerous pix of kc, annie and stephanie partying it up, but we havent seen stephanie's name on the witness list either... yet

No, I was referring to the kind that testify for the state and are given immunity.

I gotcha. ALL state witnesses must be listed - immunity does not equal "secret," and there are NO secret or surprise witnesses for the state's case-in-chief. If you're testifying during the state's case-in-chief, you'd better be listed, else a defense objection for failure to list will be sustained. Ambushes are NOT allowed.

Hope that helps.

So how far in advance of the trial date does the state have to declare all of its witnesses? Can it be amended up to a certain amount of time before trial? I have a feeling there are certain 'special' witnesses (not rebuttal) who will be added at the last minute...i.e. Annie. That way their depositions/interviews won't be released way in advance of the trial. Is that in keeping with procedure?

You're correct, and I haven't seen a deadline for adding witness/final witness list, probably because the trial was just pushed back to March. I've never seen it be any later than 30 days prior to the trial date, and FL may even require it earlier than that.

Maybe we'll get a new doc before the holiday. And I'm sure they'll be listed.... eventually

My light bulb moment for the day...

We've got doc dump interviews from the A's people at Sawgrass, Universal, Colorvision, towing company, A neighbors, lots of far flung friends, boyfriends, etc. It's been pointed out that we still don't have Annie D. or the female bodyguard, and wondering if this is because LE will use these at trial.

It just occurred to me that for all the time she spent at TonE's apartment, we don't have any statements from people there other than TonE and his roommate. If Caylee was in the trunk for 2.6 days, don't you think someone would have smelled something? Her car had to be right there in the parking lot with all the others, no? Just wondering if after the story broke, we might find someone reported something like that...

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but we don't have interviews from any of the ZFG's LE talked to, do we? Wonder if it's because LE has figured out how she got their info??

Anyone else we haven't heard from that would likely have been interviewed?

yeah, I dont think she did anything that would have taken too much effort, she was lazy. And she seemed to not want to let pesky details get in the way of the kc party train. I think that the answer is so simple that we will all go oh gee, I think the answer is right under our noses. I'll tell you I'm not trying to think like a criminal anymore, cause I dont think she was very smart at all. (guess gonna try to think like selfish party girl, that doesnt like the darned details involved with all of this messy stuff)

You were spot on, it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member