GUILTY Linda & Adrian(3) Greenwood & Mary Ann & Scotty(3) Murphy, Brutally Murdered, Santa Clarita, 1972

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

north_west

Reaction score
The family of one of the victims of convicted murderer Robert Grigsby is petitioning to keep the killer of three Valencia residents behind bars ahead of his next parole date. "I hope we can stop this… In my heart and in my soul I feel obligated as Scotty’s sister to let this be known,” Karen said. “If he is released, it’s not ‘if’ he will do something, it’s ‘when.’”

The parole hearing for Grigsby is scheduled to take place on Mar. 22, 2022.

Please consider signing the petition:

Sign the Petition

"On the morning of Monday, Nov. 27, 1972, the sun rose over the streets of Valencia, heralding the end of Thanksgiving weekend. The peaceful streets of the Old Orchard subdivision, only a few years old at the time, were struck by tragedy that would ripple out to affect not only the people of the Santa Clarita Valley, but make national news in headlines across the country.

Around 11 a.m., Mrs. Mary Anne Murphy went to her neighbor’s house on the 25000 block of Avenida Rotella to track down her three-year-old son, Scott, who had tricycled a few houses down to visit his playmate, three-year-old Adrian Greenwood, less than an hour before.

Instead, what she found was 17-year-old Robert Alan Grigsby, a former Hart High School student, holding two steak knives. The two fought, and Mrs. Murphy managed to get a hold of the weapons, sustaining a slash to her side in the process. Grigsby then fled, and would later be found near Hart High School.

Investigators theorized that Grigsby had intended to burglarize the Greenwood residence, and had resorted to the murder of Linda Greenwood, the mother of Adrian, as well as the two three-year-old-children using the Greenwood’s own steak knives to meet this goal.

Mrs. Greenwood’s wallet was later found in a vacant house next door to the Grigsby home in Valencia, only a few blocks away from Greenwood home. Prosecutors and investigators would later state that they believed Grigsby had gone home, changed into clean clothes, and then returned to the crime scene, where he was in the process of removing evidence when he was confronted by Mrs. Murphy.

“I don’t understand how someone that has committed three murders in the fashion that he committed them could even be considered for parole after five years, or 20 years, or 30 years,” Steve said. “Especially when he hasn’t admitted to committing the murders and takes no responsibility for them.”

If he were to be released, there is a high likelihood that Grigsby would be released into the care of his family, some of which still are connected to the Santa Clarita community, the Murphys noted."

Family Of 1972 Valencia Triple-Murder Victim Petition To Keep Killer Behind Bars

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717
Back