LIST Case Questions and Answers For Members #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming that the venue doesn't get changed, what qualifications would get someone (a central Floridian) on or off the jury in this case? To be more specific, would a person be disqualified by their interest in the case? Would they be disqualified due to their discussions on this board and others? I guess this might be a question for any legal experts out there. I've heard no further word lately on the change of venue, so I'm curious how they will find an untainted jury in Central Fl.

I don't think there is any detailed research that goes into selection of each juror - the juror will fill out a Q&A sheet about their family, job, interests, etc., but I don't think either side can go online and look up juror activities. However, if someone was highly interested in the case and denied it, it would be perjury - also once the trial begins the person wouldn't be allowed to discuss it at all, so they'd HAVE to stop posting on here (it would be cause for a mistrial).

I don't know the exact FL law, but under federal law/constitutional law, neither the state nor the defense could strike someone just because of gender, race, etc. There was a big case where the Supreme Court held unconstitutional a situation where one side attempted to strike all older mothers, even though the other side then attempted to strike all young single men (the defendant was a young man). They held any consideration of race or gender is an unconstitutional ground. So JB won't be able to try to elminate all mothers, although he could try to elminate nurses or teachers (since occupation isn't a protected characteristic) - but if it just "happened" all the nurses he struck were older women...then there could be a problem.

Sorry this is getting long - but hopefully it helps! Usually you can only strike people who say they are interested, say something that shows they might not be able to be impartial, or their life experience would cause them to be overly sympathetic to one side or another.

TY both.

So, we don't know if:
1. Gentiva did ever pay CA anything out of the Gentiva employee trust fund for her salary beyond the 5 weeks PTO
2. If CA is off on employment insurance disability OR government disability?

Goverment disability takes a while to get approved if one has a legitimate disability and even for employment disability, what would her "disability" be? Maybe "Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome"?

Since Casey did not have a verifiable income, do you think Casey got her the Florida Kidcare health insurance? I don't think Caylee would have been able to be insured under Cindy's policy since Cindy was not her legal guardian. Also, would Casey have been able to collect other types of government assistance if she lied about living in a household with other income producing adults?

Goverment disability takes a while to get approved if one has a legitimate disability and even for employment disability, what would her "disability" be? Maybe "Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome"?

It could be something like that, PTSD is a legitimate psychiatric disorder. Or maybe panic attacks, or anxiety. I'd be interested to know if there are different standards for different occupations - for I'm going to assume a nurse with severe panic attacks is more dangerous than a receptionist with severe panic attacks (due to the different types of responsibilities). Anyone know? Or is it just a blanket "doctor determines X is disabled"

TY both.

So, we don't know if:
1. Gentiva did ever pay CA anything out of the Gentiva employee trust fund for her salary beyond the 5 weeks PTO
2. If CA is off on employment insurance disability OR government disability?

Nope, I don't believe anything has been published one way or another regarding her employer's still paying her or if she went on unemployment, or disability of any type.

There have been very good arguements made for the GA car chase being 29th, but CA's truck not involved. GA was chasing KC in Tony's Jeep. Have the ezpass records for Tony's vehicle been sought and are they released?

I reread the transcript from the tow yard owner and he said it is never stated on the form where a vehicle is towed 'from'. My question then is: how did GA know the car was towed from Amscot and that it had run out of gas?

In Response to this comment
Originally Posted by shelbar53
Not sure of what your question is, but he knew it was towed from amscott because it was stated on the form that the towyard sent to him telling him the car was towed.

I also re-read Simon B. interview with LE and this is exactly what he said.

Simon B. Interview with LE 7/24/2008
SB: Umh but again, I just, didn’t think anything of it. And when I told him this, when I said uh, you known, the uh, about the Amscots being lenient and what-have-you he said, he said, Yeah (affirmative), I called them and they said it had been there for three days” Well I hadn’t told him it was at an Amscot. I don’t know how he knew it was at an Amscot.”
LE: Um-huh (affirmative)
SB: I don’t know that our letter says it’s at Amscot. I think it just gives an address but I might be wrong.
LE: Right
SB: But he told me that when he called them it had been there, they told him it had been there for three days.
Page 803 Lines 20-25 & Page 804 Lines 1-6
http://www.wftv.com/download/2008/0926/17564882.pdf

According to Simon himself he does not know what the letter actually says.

I attempted to locate a copy of the letter that Johnson's Wrecker would send out by law to the registered owner of any vehicle towed but I do not think a copy of it was included in the document dump. [If it is there is is not clearing marked as a letter]

Johnson Wrecker Service Paperwork collected by OCSO.
Pages 374-379
http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFile... 264-431.pdf

So at this point, unitl we can see what information is included in any official correspondence that is mailed to vehicle owners it is still an open question how GA would know the location of where the car had been towed from.

Shadow

EDT: To add additional information about how GA knew where the car had been towed from
GA had to leave the tow yard and go and get Cindy to get money, title etc. It was when he first went to the tow yard that he found out where the car had been towed from according to Nicole L interview. It really does no matter then if any address or name was on the official tow notice letter that was sent out since GA was privy to this information prior to him speaking to Simon B.

Nicole L Interview with LE 7/24/2008
Page 837 Lines 1-16 & Page 838 Lines 14-25

Nope, I don't believe anything has been published one way or another regarding her employer's still paying her or if she went on unemployment, or disability of any type.

I am only asking because I wonder if there has been even further impact on many additional people as a result of this case?

Let's pose this hypothetically:
1. Gentiva did follow-through to pay CA as long as necessary beyond her PTO from their employee fund (per CA's bond hearing statements)
2. Gentiva can be lauded as a caring employer and for their good will
3. HOWEVER, if this fund is contributed to per pay by the employees themselves, and CA is later charged with OJ, several outcomes could occur
a. the employees could ask Gentiva to reimburse the employee fund as they had no say in the disbursement
b. Gentiva lawyers could rewrite the mission statement and rules of the trust fund to plug up any loopholes for employees who draw upon the fund in the future.

I imagine CA is on short-term disability via her medical insurance coverage, but if it is Gentiva footing the bill through the employee fund, then this has ramifications we haven't even yet thought of. And more 'victims' IMO.

There have been very good arguements made for the GA car chase being 29th, but CA's truck not involved. GA was chasing KC in Tony's Jeep. Have the ezpass records for Tony's vehicle been sought and are they released?

No anywhere that I have found.
Being able to see Tony's E Pass records to see if they match what the theory is would sure help clear up that entire question. It would also go a long way in helping to determine if GA is playing it straight with LE dispite his past habit of drinking the Cindy's 'Caylee is Alive' Koolaide while out in public.

And I still wonder why KC picked June 9th as the day she "mislayed" Caylee. She knew CA had Caylee on June 15th. Why June 9th?
I think both Cindy and Casey gave that date , in fact I thought I heard Casey say during her interrogation with the Det, June 7th. I think they were all really stressed and just tried to give a date. Isn't father's day usually the first Sunday in June? Maybe I am thinking of Mother's day.

Well, I just looked up those dates and I am wrong. There is no rule about what day it falls on. I guess they both just locked on that date for another reason.

No anywhere that I have found.
Being able to see Tony's E Pass records to see if they match what the theory is would sure help clear up that entire question. It would also go a long way in helping to determine if GA is playing it straight with LE dispite his past habit of drinking the Cindy's 'Caylee is Alive' Koolaide while out in public.
Yeah, thanks I guessed that.
I assume LE are clued up and have sought the records.
We all know they read these posts so if they haven't already - get done please.

In Response to this comment
Originally Posted by shelbar53
Not sure of what your question is, but he knew it was towed from amscott because it was stated on the form that the towyard sent to him telling him the car was towed.

I also re-read Simon B. interview with LE and this is exactly what he said.

Simon B. Interview with LE 7/24/2008
SB: Umh but again, I just, didn’t think anything of it. And when I told him this, when I said uh, you known, the uh, about the Amscots being lenient and what-have-you he said, he said, Yeah (affirmative), I called them and they said it had been there for three days” Well I hadn’t told him it was at an Amscot. I don’t know how he knew it was at an Amscot.”
LE: Um-huh (affirmative)
SB: I don’t know that our letter says it’s at Amscot. I think it just gives an address but I might be wrong.
LE: Right
SB: But he told me that when he called them it had been there, they told him it had been there for three days.
Page 803 Lines 20-25 & Page 804 Lines 1-6
http://www.wftv.com/download/2008/0926/17564882.pdf

According to Simon himself he does not know what the letter actually says.

I attempted to locate a copy of the letter that Johnson's Wrecker would send out by law to the registered owner of any vehicle towed but I do not think a copy of it was included in the document dump. [If it is there is is not clearing marked as a letter]

Johnson Wrecker Service Paperwork collected by OCSO.
Pages 374-379
http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFile... 264-431.pdf

So at this point, unitl we can see what information is included in any official correspondence that is mailed to vehicle owners it is still an open question how GA would know the location of where the car had been towed from.

Shadow

I was reading Katherine S. interview earlier. She worked at the tow yard and spoke with George when he first came to get the vehicle. It stated that he asked where the car was towed from. Then he had to go back home to get cash to get the car out and Cindy came back with him. Katherine said it took a few hours for them to return. He may have called Amscot during that time.

Question is if on the e-pass statement George was around this area?

Greenwood is located at 1603 Greenwood Street, east of Mills Avenue and south of the East-West Expressway (State Road 408)

from A to B:
1: Start out going NORTHWEST on HOPESPRING DR toward SUBURBAN DR. 0.2 mi Map

2: Turn LEFT onto SUBURBAN DR. 0.1 mi Map Avoid

3: Turn RIGHT onto CHICKASAW TRL S. 1.7 mi Map Avoid

4: Turn LEFT onto CURRY FORD RD. 2.8 mi Map Avoid

5: Turn RIGHT onto FL-436/S SEMORAN BLVD/SEMORAN BLVD S. 1.1 mi Map Avoid

6: Take the SR-408-TOLL W ramp toward DOWNTOWN/ORLANDO. 0.2 mi Map Avoid

7: Merge onto FL-408 TOLL W/EAST-WEST EXPY (Portions toll). 3.0 mi Map Avoid

8: Take EXIT 11B toward MILLS AVE. 0.2 mi Map Avoid

9: Turn SLIGHT LEFT onto E SOUTH ST/FL-15 N. 0.1 mi Map Avoid

10: Turn LEFT onto S MILLS AVE/FL-15. Continue to follow S MILLS AVE. 0.3 mi Map Avoid

11: Turn LEFT onto GREENWOOD ST. 0.0 mi Map Avoid

12: End at 1603 Greenwood St Orlando, FL 32801-4112

Estimated Time: 19 minutes Estimated Distance: 9.74 miles

While anything is possible, the cemetery is not particularly close to where he was coming from and going to. He was working for Andrews International, and the toll records support him driving there around 2:30 PM from home, just after bringing the Pontiac home. They then support him driving to Premier Cinema at Fashion Square Mall around 5:00 PM for his evening's assignment.

My question is:

I remember seeing reference today to Lee moving out of his home. I have searched and can't find anywhere. Did I imagine it? Am I losing my mind? Does it really exist?

Please be kind with answers to questions 1 and 2, I am healing from a wicked sinus infection. LOL

Can anyone tell me the distance between where the A's had the "Meet & Greet" to where Caylee was found? How long would it take in travel time? If anyone has the address where the "Meet & Greet" Kid finders tent was would help too? TIA:blowkiss:

I'm searching for the answer but will check back to see if anyone has the answer for me! :angel:

My question is:

I remember seeing reference today to Lee moving out of his home. I have searched and can't find anywhere. Did I imagine it? Am I losing my mind? Does it really exist?

Please be kind with answers to questions 1 and 2, I am healing from a wicked sinus infection. LOL

Nothing has been mentioned by a news source. But, someone who was out there taking pictures when he left shared the information and said that he moved a few days ago and left some trash out and LE came and took some of it. "Yuri" I think is the name given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member