List of New and Old charges against Casey

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else worried that LE is racking up these charges because they do not have enough evidnce for the murder charges and figure they will put her away one way or another? Done get me wrong..jail is jail, but I would like to see her prosecuted for murder!

No.............I think these charges are being filed because Amy wants her money back. If you sign an affidavit with the bank to get your money back, you have to prosecute.

I am guessing Amy is also very p*ssed off about the whole thing and is doing whatever she can to get Casey to talk. She seems to have a responsible acting background, and she most likely is appalled at Casey's behaviors.

She will be prosecuted, but she is not going anywhere right now, so why get in a hurry?

Is anyone else worried that LE is racking up these charges because they do not have enough evidnce for the murder charges and figure they will put her away one way or another? Done get me wrong..jail is jail, but I would like to see her prosecuted for murder!

I think they want to keep her isolated. They seem to under the impression that she will talk eventually and I think they assume if she is all alone in a cell/room (i don't know what the county jail is like there, not all are "cells" anymore) for 23 hours a day she will get antsy and spill.

"Baez says he is ready to bail her out again and said he could have it done in 24 hours."

HE is ready to bail her out again? again?! hmm

I caught that too. If she keeps getting enough of these fraud charges she will spend a good 10-15 years in jail regardless...........maybe more if they run them concurrently. Baez better be worrying about all these charges adding up as they are all proven charges and not worry about stopping the evidence investigation.

No, they are not racking them up. That is like saying they are making them up. Or trying to make mts out of mole hills, etc. She has to be charged for each check, etc. ON each of those checks, she is being charged for several things. Now THAT could be 'racking it up.' Tee hee..

Last time it was for check #143 and check #144. Both to target. That leaves 1 for target, 1 to WD and the one to her self for cash. Oh and the electronic one to AT&T.

She did the racking up. And I"m sure all those places will want their day in court. Hence, she will have to be charged for all thsoe crimes. she ahsn't yet.

No. I also think these charges could be used as a bargaining tool. "Plead to murder charge and we'll drop the other ones....."????

"Baez says he is ready to bail her out again and said he could have it done in 24 hours."

HE is ready to bail her out again? again?! hmm

It was said when the bailed her out last time, that they had the money ready for if she was arrested again. They knew then that she hadn't been charged with everything yet.

Those charges will be low enough bail that they will be able to handle it. Not like the Child Neg charge of $500,000. That was a biggie. And if that charge changes to murder or anything like it, I think it gets changed to 'no bail." Then there is nothing they can do.

No, they are not racking them up. That is like saying they are making them up. Or trying to make mts out of mole hills, etc. She has to be charged for each check, etc. ON each of those checks, she is being charged for several things. Now THAT could be 'racking it up.' Tee hee..

Last time it was for check #143 and check #144. Both to target. That leaves 1 for target, 1 to WD and the one to her self for cash. Oh and the electronic one to AT&T.

She did the racking up. And I"m sure all those places will want their day in court. Hence, she will have to be charged for all thsoe crimes. she ahsn't yet.

Right but the timing of the arrests for each check, as you say are being left up to police I am sure. IMO It's their way of F@%&ing with her, costing her family (or her lawyer apparently) more money. they bail her out, she is rearrested and they have to pay MORE money.

They are playing a game back with her. IMO she is in control but they have some cards they can play and they are showing her that.

OKay, since Casey didn't accept the limited immunity deal with the state attorney's office, do you think a new one will come on the table? I wonder if they will offer to drop some of these charges in exchange for the body, and still offer to not use her statements in court if the body is found, then take the chances on whose case is most rock solid?? Is this a crazy way of thinking this?

Gah! OSCO is ingenious, IMHO. They are playing her like a yo-yo.

As long as all of these charges are stacking against her, they're keeping Baez busy with this so he won't have as much time to focus on a murder trial. Heh.

I agree. They could have charged her for this when they charged her for the others but they chose to wait obviously.

OKay, since Casey didn't accept the limited immunity deal with the state attorney's office, do you think a new one will come on the table? I wonder if they will offer to drop some of these charges in exchange for the body, and still offer to not use her statements in court if the body is found, then take the chances on whose case is most rock solid?? Is this a crazy way of thinking this?

no it's not crazy but she won't take the offer

According to WESH: As of today 9.11.08

"If convicted, Anthony's charges -- one grand theft count, 3 fraud counts and 6 forgery counts -- could mean 50 years in prison"

http://www.wesh.com/news/17445767/detail.html

Baez needs to concentrate on defending these charges or getting them consolidated since she is going to get a lot of time on them, and it appears more are coming.

He may want to defend her on more high profile charges, but those alone in my state would get you a trip to the penitentiary for a good 20 years if they give credit for "good time".........

Right but the timing of the arrests for each check, as you say are being left up to police I am sure. IMO It's their way of F@%&ing with her, costing her family (or her lawyer apparently) more money. they bail her out, she is rearrested and they have to pay MORE money.

They are playing a game back with her. IMO she is in control but they have some cards they can play and they are showing her that.

Of course. They could wait and roll them all together to make it streamline and nice. But why should they?

Remember, when she lied, she wasted tax payers money. She wasted their time, they had to track down everything she said to prove it truth or false. They even took her to Universal where she finally admitted she didn't work there.

Calling her atty and allowing the atty to bring her in, that is a curtsy. That is 'working together.' That is playing nice. It is embarrasing to be arrested in public, handcuffed, put in a cruiser and taking to jail. Allowing the atty is 'special treatment' of sorts.

She lied to them and wasted their time when they could have been working on finding Caylee or working on another case. I doubt they will 'stream line' this to make it easier for Casey and Crew.

I agree. They could have charged her for this when they charged her for the others but they chose to wait obviously.

I doubt LE is waiting as it appears. When the complaints are filed, they either have to go before the Grand Jury, or straight to the DA. My guess is the stores (ie. Target, etc.) have to process theirs through their loss protection department before charges are filed and that takes time.

I think it is just the way the process works, rather than having anything to do with LE. Once those charges are filed on cases like this LE is out of it except for the arrest.

Is anyone else worried that LE is racking up these charges because they do not have enough evidnce for the murder charges ?

Nope.

Ever see those guys that run/drive from the cops ?
They accrue like 45 charges for all sorts of offenses, but then LE uses them as leverage and only prosecutes the biggest offenses and the ones with the most solid evidence.

I am guessing Amy is also very p*ssed off about the whole thing and is doing whatever she can to get Casey to talk. She seems to have a responsible acting background..

Guess she can play herself in the movie

Umm, where did I imply that they they should??

Another poster thought this is what they were doing, I agreed with that poster and you disagreed so I was just pointing out to you what I thought the police were doing and why.

I agree with what LE is doing and how they are doing it.. ya don't have to try to convince me!

Of course. They could wait and roll them all together to make it streamline and nice. But why should they?

Remember, when she lied, she wasted tax payers money. She wasted their time, they had to track down everything she said to prove it truth or false. They even took her to Universal where she finally admitted she didn't work there.

Calling her atty and allowing the atty to bring her in, that is a curtsy. That is 'working together.' That is playing nice. It is embarrasing to be arrested in public, handcuffed, put in a cruiser and taking to jail. Allowing the atty is 'special treatment' of sorts.

She lied to them and wasted their time when they could have been working on finding Caylee or working on another case. I doubt they will 'stream line' this to make it easier for Casey and Crew.

It just makes you shake your head, doesn't it?

How did Casey think she'd be able to maintain any kind of friendly relationship with a woman she'd not only thoroughly ripped off, but did it so blatantly that she wasn't even trying to cover up her theft?

Because Casey does not care, people are dispensible to her!

I doubt LE is waiting as it appears. When the complaints are filed, they either have to go before the Grand Jury, or straight to the DA. My guess is the stores (ie. Target, etc.) have to process theirs through their loss protection department before charges are filed and that takes time.

I think it is just the way the process works, rather than having anything to do with LE. Once those charges are filed on cases like this LE is out of it except for the arrest.

You could very well be right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members