Little Girls Gyrate in Lingerie

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I did not find the dancing itself particularly inappropriate(there was one little girl who looked more like she had followed the video rather than the dance routine though lol) .. what i found objectionable was the way they were dressed. Had they been wearing something age appropriate and not red and black outfits made to barely cover some parts and accentuate other parts, i don't think nearly as many people would have singled out this routine.
i'm relieved my four year old is a boy lol

I just dont know what the parents was thinking ?

I just dont understand the parent on tiara and toddlers, I know little girls like to dress up but sometimes i dont think there having any fun

the last couple of weeks, I had really been thinking about posting my son video singing Elvis, He is following in this daddy footsteps, He is a big elvis fan lol

he is 5, He sings little sister and casnova
I wonder if he would get 2 million hits

RJA, you know what's sad? The fact that you even have to worry about posting your son's Elvis songs. I would love to see them. Children do the cutest things. Yesterday, I heard my 4 yo gs singing that song by Black Eyed Peas, the one that says "tonights gonna be a good night" I would love to share that, but I am always afraid that the pervs will be watching too and I can't stand that thought. I wish YouTube could have a version that you would have to pass a thorough background check to enter. And they would probably find a way to get around that too. :sick:

The parents just don't have any call to say that it wasn't meant to be seen by others. I can't believe they didn't know that some attendees would film it and probably put it on You Tube. Once that happens, all control is lost. These days with technology and the Internet...what were the parents thinking? And in that video they try to say they didn't have any choice over the costume. Okay, so maybe the dance teacher would have insisted on those costumes. That's when the parents pull their daughter from participation. The lyrics of that song are not for little girls and the costumes were unacceptable. "If you like IT then you should have put a ring on IT" ??!!!? :sick: And then that carp about a man "taking me to infinity and beyond" ? Please. What a message.

They were performing at a WOD(World of Dance) competition/show. It's possible the parents meant it was not expected to be seen outside of the dance genre, i'm not sure. i've already expressed my own thoughts on the performance. I did try to find other young WOD dance performances on youtube (to compare) and could only find performances for the upper divisions. Maybe actually filming (and posting) the younger divisions *is* rare (or maybe this one was out of the ordinary and that is why it was posted .. or .. maybe some are filmed and not posted but after this one got so much attention more ppl who had filmed it came forward to post so *they* would get hits .. i really have no idea.).

jmo

What does the song with lyrics "if you liked it you should have put a ring on it" have to do with professional women?
I fail to see the connection.

My take from the lyrics (that I can hear) are that if you like it, you should marry it. I don't think she means single, professional women. think she means single women in general. If this is the case, she is taking women back a hundred years! I DO believe 100% in marriage, but as a single woman, I don't need pop culture to tell me so. Maybe the younger generations do, who knows? Also, o/t, but this is the song/video that caused Kanye West to hyjack Taylor Swift's award winning moment at the video awards show. Total lack of class and there are a lot of people that believe Taylor deserved the award more anyway.

I was in tap dancing when I was six. My mother dressed me as a huge lady bug. I hated her for it.

Bless you, mom. Thanks.

when I watched this video, I was thinking dance recitals sure have changed since I was kid, 30 35 years ago

I need to dig up my pics, Dance recitals back then were for any size kids, we all had fun in the costumes but they were nothing like that
my mom would have said heck no

RJA, you know what's sad? The fact that you even have to worry about posting your son's Elvis songs. I would love to see them. Children do the cutest things. Yesterday, I heard my 4 yo gs singing that song by Black Eyed Peas, the one that says "tonights gonna be a good night" I would love to share that, but I am always afraid that the pervs will be watching too and I can't stand that thought. I wish YouTube could have a version that you would have to pass a thorough background check to enter. And they would probably find a way to get around that too. :sick:

that why I have not posted them scared the wrong person will see them

right now he is Elvis biggest fan, we only have one car with a cd player that is only one he want to ride in so he can listen to elvis. He loves the gospel tapes the most.

[video=youtube;RJlPEHL85Ig]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJlPEHL85Ig[/video]

How about this one?

when I watched this video, I was thinking dance recitals sure have changed since I was kid, 30 35 years ago

I need to dig up my pics, Dance recitals back then were for any size kids, we all had fun in the costumes but they were nothing like that
my mom would have said heck no

that why I have not posted them scared the wrong person will see them

right now he is Elvis biggest fan, we only have one car with a cd player that is only one he want to ride in so he can listen to elvis. He loves the gospel tapes the most.
:woohoo:

Elvis and gospel! You cant beat that, no matter who you are. I like your son and I've never even met him!

OMG you guys are too funny!

I'm 60, a mother, and grandmother. I danced (mostly ballet) well into my 30s until my bones couldn't take it any more :D When I watched the video, I was in awe of the level of sophistication displayed in the performance of these young girls. They are amazingly talented dancers, and it's obvious that they are well-trained and work very hard to achieve perfection. Yes, the dance would have been more appropriate for teenage girls, but this is not the first time that "children" have done hip-hop routines that mimic performers that they've seen on MTV.

Regarding the costumes: If you look through a dance costume catalogue, you're likely to see many costumes that might be deemed inappropriate for young performers, but these companies wouldn't offer them if no one was placing orders. Given that the costume worn by the dancers in the video was available in smaller sizes and not limited to teens/adults, I'll bet the Orange County studio wasn't the only dance school that ordered that particular costume. jmo

Thanks, ohiogirl! I had totally forgotten about this one. My daughter showed it to me the other day and I have never laughed so much. Btw, he can dance pretty good, can't he? Wish he had on more clothes though.

I know - throughout the video, I lived in constant fear of "costume malfunction" and crotch-cover slippage. :yow:

I know - throughout the video, I lived in constant fear of "costume malfunction" and crotch-cover slippage. :yow:

Thank goodness he wasn't wearing what the little girls were wearing!
Alright Ladies (****** you join in if you want to)-Let's study the moves and meet back here next week and see if we can get on So You Think You Can Dance!!:crazy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcCQwImNd3c

From the movie with Alvin and the Chipmunks

[video=youtube;JH9eTBYMejQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH9eTBYMejQ&feature=related[/video]

BBM

I agree. Pervs can find their kicks in the Sears catalog if they want, though this video did creep me out a lot thinking about the attention it is receiving.

My major concern is how these kinds of things make girls see themselves. I am sure they feel proud of themselves for their dance skills - which they should be. But IMO it also teaches them they are sex objects and their worth is in their sex/bodies. Then we wonder why young kids are having babies too early and developing eating disorders, etc - if you sexualize a child too early, I fear they wrap too much of their identity in sex and finding/securing a boyfriend through sex.

I know this is a generalization, and it might be over-dramatic, and that several of those girls could end up going on to great things, etc... but I just don't like this trend at all. It's hard to teach girls personality and brains are important, too, when you're dressing them up like strippers, KWIM?

I am female - and I am more than legs, T and A, thanks.

Good post. I do admit that hearing the near-constant howl of "pedophiles will see you" is starting to grate on me. Pedophiles will see you regardless of what you wear or how you dance. The odds are that if a child is molested, it will be by a family member, a family friend, a neighbor or a coach, someone close to them who has access. Kids need to know more than just stranger danger. My big issue with this pedophiles might see you reminds me that old, "Well, you saw what she was wearing in public!" in a rape case. Not the same thing, but that's what it reminds me of and I can't help but grit my teeth.

I've already said I'm not fond of the costumes. Geez, it's still those colors that really gets me.

My take from the lyrics (that I can hear) are that if you like it, you should marry it. I don't think she means single, professional women. think she means single women in general. If this is the case, she is taking women back a hundred years! I DO believe 100% in marriage, but as a single woman, I don't need pop culture to tell me so. Maybe the younger generations do, who knows? Also, o/t, but this is the song/video that caused Kanye West to hyjack Taylor Swift's award winning moment at the video awards show. Total lack of class and there are a lot of people that believe Taylor deserved the award more anyway.

Exactly. What does that song have to do with professional women? Nothing that I could see.

Ok, after all this, I hope I never hear this song again!

I think that adults who are in charge of kids today have really lost their sense of what's right and proper. What a lot of people in response to this video have said is "My mother would have said no." When did parents start allowing this or thinking it was right?

Just a real-life example: A teen I know sent text pictures of herself (naked, of course) to her boyfriend, which of course landed in every student's phone in the school. The mother was called. Her reaction? She's glad that her daughter has a good body image, and she sees nothing wrong with what the girl did. See? Mothers' common sense has flown out the window.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avatour360
Back