Lloyd Welch is Person of Interest

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
iirc so far I heard California, SC, Florida, MD, VA, and a few others! (also was incarcerated in the 80's)

I can't listen to the news at work because my work computer has no speakers. Did they mention him ever being in GA? My pet case of Carlene Sessions Tengelsen involves her disappearing from a GA mall in broad daylight in 1972. Also there are lots of girls/young women who vanished from malls and shopping centers in the 1970s/1980s. He was a fairly nice looking guy back then goin by the photos, didn't look scary or anything, so if he approached girls at malls they probably wouldn't have been afraid of him.

I can't listen to the news at work because my work computer has no speakers. Did they mention him ever being in GA? My pet case of Carlene Sessions Tengelsen involves her disappearing from a GA mall in broad daylight in 1972. Also there are lots of girls/young women who vanished from malls and shopping centers in the 1970s/1980s. He was a fairly nice looking guy back then goin by the photos, didn't look scary or anything, so if he approached girls at malls they probably wouldn't have been afraid of him.

esp if he had his girlfriend helping him

The DOB for him says 1956, so he would have been 18 (turning 19) in 1975.

According to Maryland court records his DOB is 12/1952

ETA: I found out that his DOB is 12/30/1956 from the Delaware Inmate Locator. Sorry for the mix-up. Don't know why the MD court records had it listed as 1952.

feel free to make individual threads for each state once the list is put out with the years and we can pull over cases

Sounds a good idea!

I am already searching out cases that sound similar to that of the Lyon sisters. Obviously this list can be refined and arranged into different threads once we know dates and locations.

This one is an early find so far. Obviously I have no idea whether the date and/or location fits but it has some close similarities to the Lyon sister's case.

Ann Gotlib - Kentucky 1983. Aged 12. Went missing after a trip to a shopping mall. Her bicycle was found at the mall... https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/2890/12/

I can work on mapping.

I had a map of the Lyon sisters, but lost a lot of my maps awhile back. I will recreate it and add to it for potential other victims.

I see you guys have seen the news! Wow. Just... wow. I used to work near that shopping center about 20 yrs ago and this case has always haunted me. I know there are many articles posted - not sure if this one has been posted:

Inmate Lloyd Welch named as ‘person of interest’ in 1975 Lyon sisters case

Authorities have identified a sex offender incarcerated in Delaware as a “person of interest” in the nearly 40-year-old disappearance of two Montgomery County girls, who vanished after leaving home to go to a mall....

....Police said Welch, who was 18-years-old at the time, was seen “paying attention” to the sisters. He has been convicted of raping girls in Virginia, South Carolina and Delaware, they said, and worked as a ride operator for a carnival company that travelled around the country.

More at http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...f4d856-9330-11e3-84e1-27626c5ef5fb_story.html

This is from before the Lyon sisters disappeared, but let us not forget that plenty of these monsters start early...

Julie Moseley, Lisa Wilson and Mary Trlica - Texas 1974, Aged 9, 14 and 17, last seen in a shopping centre.

I'm confused. MCPD/FBI has a sketch of a man who resembles Welch from 1975? But they won't say how they know he was at Wheaton Plaza? So where did the sketch come from? Thank you.

I'm confused. MCPD/FBI has a sketch of a man who resembles Welch from 1975? But they won't say how they know he was at Wheaton Plaza? So where did the sketch come from? Thank you.

see the case summary thread (the sketch came from a witness at the time)

First thing we can do is make a list of young girls who went missing in or around malls and carnivals.

Then we can match them against his known locations.

Wasn't there one in Idaho? We had a featured cold case about one once. I can't remember her name?

This is from before the Lyon sisters disappeared, but let us not forget that plenty of these monsters start early...

Julie Moseley, Lisa Wilson and Mary Trlica - Texas 1974, Aged 9, 14 and 17, last seen in a shopping centre.

But isn't the problem that the witnesses said this was a man in his 50-60?

Now for a young kid, I will give him that everyone looks old that is older than them but even at 30-40 that is not 18..

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member