long weekend break: discuss the latest here #102

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard on HLN last night that Travis had changed the name on one of the airline tickets for the Cancun trip.
That Jodi's name was on the original ticket and she was indeed going on that trip. Then at some point he changed it to Mimi.
Any truth in that story?

On HLN Jodi page

Was Jodi supposed to go to Cancun with Travis? Sources tell HLN senior producer Selin Darkalstanian Jodi was booked on that now infamous Cancun trip until Travis changed his mind and decided he wanted to take Mimi Hall instead.

I was thinking about the wet/blood stained cardboard box in the crime scene photos.....I was wondering if the shower drain was partially covered with TA body so that when JA rinsed off the bottom of the shower filled with bloody water so when she opened the door to get out it went out on the floor hence the box....any other ideas?

IIRC Lisa Perry, the blood spatter expert, testified that the floor had been flooded with water. I'm not sure if it was part of her testimony or from somewhere else, but it is thought that the water on the tile floor was done to make dragging Travis's body less strenuous.

If you look at that box, the water stain goes up a few inches, so there had to be quite a bit of water to soak up that much into the box.

My theory is that she was wearing a hoodie or some other garment that had pockets. Theoretically, at least, that little gun and a knife could fit into one of the pockets. And, I also think that ceiling pic was accidentally taken when she was stuffing the camera into one of those pockets just before the gun came out (hence the elevation of the camera when it was snapped).

Can I prove it? Nope!

That's what I think too. The first accidental pic was taken about 3' off ground and camera right side up. Maybe a girlish hoodie like this

image.jpg

When she bends down to slit his throat at the end of the hall the camera falls out and takes the famous pic of her standing over her victim

Glad your mom is doing well!

The duct tape was used to hold a 'body bug' (a monitoring device-see here http://www.bodybugg.com/). You can see it on his upper right arm in one of the pictures of him on the bed.

But that just does not make sense. :confused: The bodybugg is in the bathroom photos of the crime scene. On the left hand side by the sink.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Glad your mom is doing well!

The duct tape was used to hold a 'body bug' (a monitoring device-see here http://www.bodybugg.com/). You can see it on his upper right arm in one of the pictures of him on the bed.

The 1 in the bathroom has the band to go around the arm therefore why would he need to tape?

But that just does not make sense. :confused: The bodybugg is in the bathroom photos of the crime scene. On the left hand side by the sink.

He had to take if off before his shower, of course.

I think Arias had a very limited understanding of firearms and the different levels of firepower. Like most people, and especially women, a gun is a gun, is a gun. I don't think she ever questioned that a gun would/would not likely kill someone.

As far as when Flores asked which hand, she stated that she was facing the attacker and had the attacker by the wrists - and that the knife was (shaking her left hand) in this hand, which would be the attackers right hand - which she explained. Again, a lie, but nothing I gleaned any relevant information from.

Hmm, she didn't say she had the attacker by the wrists. She said she had to "hold on to her hand." It's at the 34 minute mark in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoUB2UzWjtI

Before that, she said, "She rushed me," then changed it to "I rushed her." Then she made it all about herself again, as she always does, saying how nonviolent she was and it's been 8 years since she took any self-defense classes. She also said she asked Travis as he's being attacked, "What's going on?" I can't even.

A former FBI profiler said she's smart and cagey, "Almost like Ted Bundy." Maybe he fell under her spell but I don't think she's a very good liar. Oh, she smiled on her smugshot because that's what Travis would have wanted. :nuts:

He had to take if off before his shower, of course.

So is what you are saying is it the bodybugg with the band around his arm is on ... the band which comes with the bodybugg and is in the photo....and then duct tape is over the band on the arm also?

Something that was really telling about this dream she had built was in those torn out journal pages she magically found. These were written long after they'd broken up and he'd clearly moved on but she writes as if they are still together, gets on to him for "cheating" on her. She probably did see him dating others as cheating on her. That was all in her sick head because they weren't together. She says he desperately wants to marry her but she will not because he's not right. That's just delusional. We know she was the one that wanted to marry him and if he wanted to marry her, he would have. She flipped it in her mind to preserve her delicate ego. He doesn't want her, but in her journal, the reason they aren't together is because he really, really wants her and she's the one rejecting him. She could not stand him not wanting her and boiled up into a murderous rage. Again, no sympathy for the devil, nope.

Another good example of why it is ludicrous for Samuels to rely on her journal entries as a barometer for her "peacefulness"...... Her journal was fantasy!

Agreed, but none of the knives in the house were the knife used, now if she had one in her backpack or somewhere else, that could work, and who knows, maybe the rope story is true and a knife was used to cut it. Perhaps she even said, oh I have a knife I keep for protection in my backpack that we can use.

I wonder if the knives found on her on arrest day were missing a tip? I wonder if the search warrants at grandparents and parents homes, and other items recovered will be brought up as part of the rebuttal case?

When she was arrested! They found two knives in a box with books.
So it shows a pattern with knives.
What was she thinking of doing with those knives. Possibly stolen from granarents /parents home. She said she bought the 9mm. For protection. If so why was it strapped to the engine??
Does not make sense!
How is she going to protect herself in that case!
What! She's going to say! To the attacker! Can you please hold that thought! I left something in the car?

Pleeeze Matilda !

My theory is that she was wearing a hoodie or some other garment that had pockets. Theoretically, at least, that little gun and a knife could fit into one of the pockets. And, I also think that ceiling pic was accidentally taken when she was stuffing the camera into one of those pockets just before the gun came out (hence the elevation of the camera when it was snapped).

Can I prove it? Nope!

BBM...that is the frustrating part. We are all trying to figure out all the details of how she did it exactly, knowing that we will never be able to prove it. It is a mystery as to how she was so quickly able to overpower him and leave basically unscathed. Only she knows, and we will never get the truth from her. Thankfully, the things that are proven are enough to convict her of this heinous crime.

Agreed, but none of the knives in the house were the knife used, now if she had one in her backpack or somewhere else, that could work, and who knows, maybe the rope story is true and a knife was used to cut it. Perhaps she even said, oh I have a knife I keep for protection in my backpack that we can use.

I wonder if the knives found on her on arrest day were missing a tip? I wonder if the search warrants at grandparents and parents homes, and other items recovered will be brought up as part of the rebuttal case?

Understanding how ridiculous her lies are, she was coherent enough (in her foggy post-trauma phase) to want to remove and destroy evidence after staging the crime scene, so she figures out how to delete photos on the camera which she was not familiar with (couldn't make sex video with TA's camera so she used her own camera for that), then she knows enough to take (Travis') gun with her (supposedly along with the holster and box he stored it in way up on that 9 foot high and 10 inch deep shelf) for disposal in the desert, but she is considerate enough to Travis' estate that the bloody knife (which was used to inflict 29 out of 30 of the wounds) should remain in the house to be inherited by the surviving family, so she put THAT crucial piece of evidence in the dishwasher and loaded it with detergent and ran for a cycle. <---(was that really ONE sentence?? I musta' been channeling Jodi-speak!)

I suppose the dishwasher has a setting for "Remove DNA and Blood Evidence". :banghead:

My dream jury question for JA: Why aren't you speaking in the voice you used before? You know--the higher-pitched, lisping babydoll voice?

QUESTION: Does anyone have a link to the State & DT Witness Lists? How does everyone know that AL is the last defense witness?

I know of no link to the lists.

I think this is an assumption that most of us are making based on what we believe the DT's intended use of ALV's testiphoney is sure to be.

Your memory is correct. It's "feel THE wrath."

View attachment 31077

Can you explain how she would have transferred them to another device? My brain is foggy at the moment. ;) But she wanted trophy pictures, I agree! :)

She would have to have used a computer that had the proper software installed for TA's camera, so that would have been his computer. Then she could transfer them to another storage device, such as a thumb drive or burn them onto a CD. There would have been some record of this on TA's computer.

I don't believe that she could have uploaded images from his Sony to her Canon...the coding would not have been compatible. I did a quick websearch and it appears that she could not have uploaded them to a smart phone either. At that time, one still had to use a computer as an intermediate step.

JA is no dummy, yet she does not know everything. IMO, she thought that the deleted photos would not be retrieved after the memory card went through the washer with bleach.

She also has a lot of brown discoloration in her "pelvic region" --looks like she had a lot of, um, "material" to be waxed off for her Brazilian.

I spent very little time looking at those nether-regions photos :blushing: so I'll just take your word for it ;)

Agreed, I think the gun jammed on her, I believe that was part of her ninja story too, so she had to resort to the knife, during that time she probably was getting lunged at by TA since he had a bullet wound.

In JA's ninja story does she say how TA got all the stab wounds and throat slit? Or does she address this at all? ty

Hmm, she didn't say she had the attacker by the wrists. She said she had to "hold on to her hand." It's at the 34 minute mark in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoUB2UzWjtI

Before that, she said, "She rushed me," then changed it to "I rushed her." Then she made it all about herself again, as she always does, saying how nonviolent she was and it's been 8 years since she took any self-defense classes. She also said she asked Travis as he's being attacked, "What's going on?" I can't even.

A former FBI profiler said she's smart and cagey, "Almost like Ted Bundy." Maybe he fell under her spell but I don't think she's a very good liar. Oh, she smiled on her smugshot because that's what Travis would have wanted. :nuts:

Point taken, she didn't say wrists, she said that she had her by the hands, while giving a two handed demonstation (in which I inferred that she meant wrists, my bad).

She is still stating that it was the right hand of the attacker. At this point, neither one matters because we all know that the story is a lie.

... The duct tape was used to hold a 'body bug' (a monitoring device-see here http://www.bodybugg.com/). You can see it on his upper right arm in one of the pictures of him on the bed.

Why would he use duct tape instead of the gray elastic velcro strap which comes with the Body Bugg? That would be ridiculous.

BTW, the duct tape was photographed on the floor in the laundry room, so there is actually no evidence that it was ever in the bedroom.

Too late but I would like the prosecutor to ask Arias to describe a body slam by Travis~what his moves were and how her body responded. I think she would have an awkward & difficult time doing this. She claims he resorts to this and that's all too convenient, since he is a wrestler. I don't believe he ever body slammed her and that her notion of what that entails is vague & sketchy. We've seen some demonstrations of a true body slam in t.v. coverage and the net effect does not match her description of events, including how she would land. I think she would falter in any attempt to put his body slams into words. It was just her nifty catch-all for abusive violence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southshore16