long weekend break: discuss the latest here #114

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So...I'm over a friend's house and we're looking at his new compound bow purchase. We also went through his gun collection and we got to talking about best gun for home security (i.e., the gun you keep loaded in a lock box near your bed for quick access).

The things I found interesting are: (i) most people would keep a revolver type handgun for this situation - will not jam if left sitting there for long periods of time without shooting and no safety, (ii) .25 caliber handgun would not be the preferred weapon, and (iii) no one with any type of gun experience would keep a loaded weapon unlocked up on top of a cabinet/dresser in a closet a fair distance from their bed if the purpose of the gun was for security in the event of a home invasion/burglary.

Yes, her heart is in the right place. I have not watched her in ages because I am already in bed when she comes on but I do get to see her clips on HLN which is where I saw her "Dick" phrase. I loved her for it.

Foghorn, I myself do not think that there were any any accomplices. She was a one man band on this murder.

I'm on the fence as far as the accomplice theory, I have believed since day one that she acted alone.

However, a few of JA's comments and the missing hours between 6:00pm (App. time of leaving Mesa), on 6/4/08 and 11:00am on 6/5 (Arrival in W.Jordan) lead me to believe that MM figures heavily into the, June 3 & 4, timeline equation.

If she took the 93N route through Kingman, the cell tower ping corresponds with travel time of 3 1/2 hrs. Kingman to Mesquite, where she gets gas at app. 1:30 am also corresponds with the travel time of 3 hours. However, she should have arrived at RB's (331miles) around 5am. She does not get there until around 11am. This is the route I believe she took.

If she traveled the I-17 route through Flagstaff, (161 miles, takes 2 1/2 hours), then I-40 to Kingman (148 miles, 2 hours and 13 min.) that puts her at the cell tower ping, 27 miles N of Kingman (8 miles from the Hoover Dam) between 11-11:30pm. Kingman to Mesquite via, 93 and 15, again three hours, misses the Mesquite gas receipt by about an hour. Mesquite to W. Jordan, via I-15, (331 miles - takes 4 hrs. 40 min.) Arrival at RB's should be around 7:00am.

I'm sure I have missed some things and still need the cell phone records during that time to help fill in some of the blanks but have not found them as of this morning. This is the leg of the trip that I would love to piece together.

As far as the accomplice angle...does anyone really believe anything the psycho has said related to this case?

While I think she did act alone, it wouldn't surprise me if another person was involved given the time element involved. Alot quicker to kill a person 2 on 1 than 1 on 1.

I wish she would stop that. Lots of men of that generation named Richard go by Dick....including my dad. Seriously, it's pretty juvenile of her.

We all know why. Many of us here think the same way-he's a jerk and an idiot and thats why she is doing it.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I'm on the fence as far as the accomplice theory, I have believed since day one that she acted alone.

However, a few of JA's comments and the missing hours between 6:00pm (App. time of leaving Mesa), on 6/4/08 and 11:00am on 6/5 (Arrival in W.Jordan) lead me to believe that MM figures heavily into the, June 3 & 4, timeline equation.

If she took the 93N route through Kingman, the cell tower ping corresponds with travel time of 3 1/2 hrs. Kingman to Mesquite, where she gets gas at app. 1:30 am also corresponds with the travel time of 3 hours. However, she should have arrived at RB's (331miles) around 5am. She does not get there until around 11am. This is the route I believe she took.

If she traveled the I-17 route through Flagstaff, (161 miles, takes 2 1/2 hours), then I-40 to Kingman (148 miles, 2 hours and 13 min.) that puts her at the cell tower ping, 27 miles N of Kingman (8 miles from the Hoover Dam) between 11-11:30pm. Kingman to Mesquite via, 93 and 15, again three hours, misses the Mesquite gas receipt by about an hour. Mesquite to W. Jordan, via I-15, (331 miles - takes 4 hrs. 40 min.) Arrival at RB's should be around 7:00am.

I'm sure I have missed some things and still need the cell phone records during that time to help fill in some of the blanks but have not found them as of this morning. This is the leg of the trip that I would love to piece together.

IMO, any unaccounted for time was for sleep. She didn't get any from the time she left home until she got to Travis's house. If she got some, it was minimal.

Then leaving Travis's house and driving to SLC, she had to sleep at some point. Adrenaline will carry you a lot of places, but eventually, the body will crash.

I agree with others, years ago I really enjoyed Nancy Grace. Now, its just seems she bought into the 'entertainment' portion of reporting.

If I ever hear 'tot mom' again.........

The accomplice scenario? MM or someone knows more seems probable. Someone actually with Jodi that day I doubt.

She was a one woman show on a mission.

Kelly

<snipped by TruthDetector>

But, I have to disagree that TA would not have hurt her to save his own life. Wouldn't anyone, given a chance, want to save his own life at any cost? That is true self defense.

TA was surprised and badly disabled in the shower. His initial wounds (whether gun shot or stabbing) were grave. While in shock and horribly wounded, I believe he did try to crawl away from JA. At some point he had tried to defend himself, but to think that if he had needed to hurt JA, he would not have, does not make sense to me. He loved life and would not have died in order not to lay a hand on her in self defense.

<snipped by TruthDetector>

(Seasoned hunters whom I have known carry at least two weapons. They always have a knife along with a bow or firearm of choice.)

We do disagree, but probably in only a couple of major respects; i.e., timing of gunshot, and whether Travis attempted to physically harm JA while acting to defend himself. Her relatively minor wounds resulted from her own murderous actions. She cut herself. Travis did no harm to her whatsoever.

Some have said that the 'Calvin Klein-like' shower pictures were taken surreptitiously, up to the face picture. They were not. Travis posed for those pictures with the shower door open.

She used the photo shoot merely as a ruse to distract and mentally disarm him, which they did to great effect. She was clearly proud of this ploy as she eagerly boasted of it to Detective Flores.

Hunters do not hold a loaded firearm or bow on an animal, expecting it to remain still for them so they can slaughter and butcher it with a knife.

And Jodi didn't do this with Travis, either. She did not hold him at gunpoint and tell him to remain still so that she could butcher him. He was posing for pictures and she easily stabbed him in the chest those first two or three times before he even realized anything was wrong.

Yes, she had the gun, but this was going so well, she would have no need for it -- or so she thought in those first 20-30 seconds.

Just as Dr. Horn, veteran of thousands of autopsies, stated himself, the gunshot came after the stabbing, slicing, cutting, and throat slitting. And it especially came AFTER the defensive wounds.

Travis did not have it in him to physically harm her or anyone else, but he did attempt to fend off the knife, obviously. After she penetrated his superior vena cava -- probably the first or second wound she inflicted -- his feeble efforts to deflect the blade were far too little and too late.

But one whole minute was too long for her to wait. He was still moving, making sounds -- even for a few seconds after she finally slit his throat. She had to make him stop. That's when she muffled the gunshot to his forehead with a pillow or towel which later, in the midst of her Fognesia&#8482;, she burned in the desert. Then she shoved/wedged his lifeless and unspeakably bloody, mutilated, and disfigured corpse back into that shower where she had determined weeks before that he must die.

As far as the accomplice angle...does anyone really believe anything the psycho has said related to this case?

While I think she did act alone, it wouldn't surprise me if another person was involved given the time element involved. Alot quicker to kill a person 2 on 1 than 1 on 1.

If I were on the jury I have to honestly say that by this point I would discount every word that came out of her mouth.This includes anything she has told to Samuels and LV(cant spell her name)
I would discard the whole lot of lies told by Jodi and go by evidence alone..conviction Murder One ...Or Felony Murder...but that's just me.

We do disagree.

Some have said that the 'Calvin Klein-like' shower pictures were taken surreptitiously, up to the face picture. They were not. Travis posed for those pictures with the shower door open.

She used the photo shoot merely as a ruse to distract and mentally disarm him, which they did to great effect. She was clearly proud of this ploy as she eagerly boasted of it to Detective Flores.

Hunters do not hold a loaded firearm or bow on an animal, expecting it to remain still for them so they can slaughter and butcher it with a knife.

And Jodi didn't do this with Travis, either. She did not hold him at gunpoint and tell him to remain still so that she could butcher him. He was posing for pictures and she easily stabbed him in the chest those first two or three times before he even realized anything was wrong.

Yes, she had the gun, but this was going so well, she would have no need for it -- or so she thought in those first 20-30 seconds.

Just as Dr. Horn, veteran of thousands of autopsies, stated himself, the gunshot came after the stabbing, slicing, cutting, and throat slitting. And it especially came AFTER the defensive wounds.

Travis did not have it in him to physically harm her or anyone else, but he did attempt to fend off the knife, obviously. After she penetrated his superior vena cava -- probably the first or second wound she inflicted -- his feeble efforts to deflect the blade were far too little and too late.

But one whole minute was too long for her to wait. He was still moving, making sounds -- even for a few seconds after she finally slit his throat. She had to make him stop. That's when she muffled the gunshot to his forehead with a pillow or towel which later, in the midst of her Fognesia™, she burned in the desert. Then she shoved/wedged his lifeless and unspeakably bloody, mutilated, and disfigured corpse back into that shower where she had determined weeks before that he must die.

I wonder if that is the connection to what appears to be pillow fringe fibers mixed in blood?

I hate to be the one to ask (lol) but is there court today?

Thanks so much! If I'm not mistaken, she indicated on the stand that she met Matt through Bobby. (They were friends.) I was just wondering, I guess, if she met Daryl through Matt? They both worked, I think, at the Ventana resort.

It just seems odd to me. All her men seem so intertwined and she went from one to another, but somehow held on to all of them emotionally, except Bobby. Once my relationships were over, they were OVER, as in, "Don't call me again. We're done!" :blushing:

I have always thought, in everything, JA takes .5% truth and 99.5% fognesium to get to her story... everything is intertwined with just enough of some tiny fact to make things even more confusing. Just when you trace the TINY % of truth down, you find a another mess of intertwining lies. Makes her testimony/lies like a never ending circular spiral. As always, JMHO

I agree with others, years ago I really enjoyed Nancy Grace. Now, its just seems she bought into the 'entertainment' portion of reporting.

If I ever hear 'tot mom' again.........

The accomplice scenario? MM or someone knows more seems probable. Someone actually with Jodi that day I doubt.

She was a one woman show on a mission.

Kelly

She lost me during that trial....got sooooo sick of hearing that same phrase. Now for a reason I can't put my finger on she seems different and I'm back.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

If I were on the jury I have to honestly say that by this point I would discount every word that came out of her mouth.This includes anything she has told to Samuels and LV(cant spell her name)
I would discard the whole lot of lies told by Jodi and go by evidence alone..conviction Murder One ...Or Felony Murder...but that's just me.

Oh my goodness, yes - I agree. Additionally, I would be infuriated that she still continues to lie and shows no remorse. She just keeps on making up new lies in an attempt to make her story more believable. As a juror, I would be outraged that she was attempting to defame the character of the victim in her last ditch effort to save herself. Because of all those things, I would recommend the DP.

All the details that people (including me) are trying to piece together out of curiosity, or to make sense out of nonsense, are interesting but not necessary to know that she premeditated a brutal and ruthless murder. That was evident to me from early on because of the overwhelming evidence of it and I have never wavered on that. I too would take everything she says with more than a grain of salt giving little to no weight to her tidbits of truth that make up her humungous lies. When somebody is a pathological liar, it's hard to know when (if ever) they're telling the truth so I would just go with the evidence too.

Oh my goodness, yes - I agree. Additionally, I would be infuriated that she still continues to lie and shows no remorse. She just keeps on making up new lies in an attempt to make her story more believable. As a juror, I would be outraged that she was attempting to defame the character of the victim in her last ditch effort to save herself. Because of all those things, I would recommend the DP.

All the details that people (including me) are trying to piece together out of curiosity, or to make sense out of nonsense, are interesting but not necessary to know that she premeditated a brutal and ruthless murder. That was evident to me from early on because of the overwhelming evidence of it and I have never wavered on that. I too would take everything she says with more than a grain of salt giving little to no weight to her tidbits of truth that make up her humungous lies. When somebody is a pathological liar, it's hard to know when (if ever) they're telling the truth so I would just go with the evidence too.

Exactly !

IMO, any unaccounted for time was for sleep. She didn't get any from the time she left home until she got to Travis's house. If she got some, it was minimal.

Then leaving Travis's house and driving to SLC, she had to sleep at some point. Adrenaline will carry you a lot of places, but eventually, the body will crash.

I agree she may have slept, she also would have used that time to dispose of the evidence - if she slept in the car, it seems risky to do so with a carload of bloody evidence not knowing when TA would be found. Another thought, JA is very vain, do you think she would show up at RB's looking a wreck? I would think with RB being a new "interest" that she would have cleaned up somewhere, put some make-up on and dolled-up a bit.

Dang! I wish Judge Perry would set this court schedule. :maddening:

I was really surprised as actually I never knew that the judge was doing other trials.
I think myself (but what do I know) that a DP judge should only do that trial and get the damn thing overwith already.
Sometimes she just looks exhausted to me.

Dang! I wish Judge Perry would set this court schedule. :maddening:

It's Holy Monday. This court obviously observes this as a holiday. I would assume Mesa has a large Mexican population. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Cool wannabe