"Looking for Caylee" by playing Halo 3?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yeah - when he plays Halo he plays it online. He currently plays another game though - it's kind of like a Starcraft or Warcraft except you are the leader of an early civilization (Cleopatra, Lincoln, etc.). He plays that one and Castle Crashers which is a lot of fun. He played Halo on 9/5. His gamer score is just over 4000 (I wrote 2k+ last night - hey I was tired). He last played 9/7 - if he were addicted like some people I have played with he probably would have played yesterday... I mean - check it out:

Civilization game: last played 9/7
Halo: Last played 9/5
Hexic HD: 8/31
Godfather: 3/8
Fifa: 2/24

Here is another one of my friends and their gaming activity:

NBA 2kd: 9/8
Fable 2 Pub Games: 9/8
Call of Duty 4: 9/8
Rock Band: 9/7
Mercinaries 2: 9/7

and this guy has a gamer score that is 5000...

my point is that Lee is not LIVING on his xbox --- unless he has multiple LIVE accounts.

I see what you're saying - but I don't think the point is that he's addicted. I think the point is.......WHY would you be playing video games while you're flesh and blood is MISSING? I think it's a matter of what Lee is NOT doing (ie: searching)......like if he were out searching during the day, and then playing at night to "escape" I think it would be more understandable. Everyone needs some sort of outlet. But the fact is, he isn't out there searching for Caylee dead OR alive. None of them are. I'm one of the ones here who does NOT think anyone is involved with Caylee's disappearance except Casey.....so I'm not implying that Lee is involved somehow. I do think it's bizarre though, that they don't seem to be doing anything constructive to locate Caylee.

I just don't think Lee is playing the game enough for us to jusitfy being this angry with him.

I think frustration would be what we're all feeling. Frustrated that consistently, with this family, we have not seen a normal, appropriate, amount of attention put into active search efforts. If they were searching all day, and then relaxing at night playing Halo, I think you'd see a totally different attitude toward them.

I see what you're saying - but I don't think the point is that he's addicted. I think the point is.......WHY would you be playing video games while you're flesh and blood is MISSING? I think it's a matter of what Lee is NOT doing (ie: searching)......like if he were out searching during the day, and then playing at night to "escape" I think it would be more understandable. Everyone needs some sort of outlet. But the fact is, he isn't out there searching for Caylee dead OR alive. None of them are. I'm one of the ones here who does NOT think anyone is involved with Caylee's disappearance except Casey.....so I'm not implying that Lee is involved somehow. I do think it's bizarre though, that they don't seem to be doing anything constructive to locate Caylee.

I truly understand your point. I just feel it would have been better to just have a thread called, "Anthony's Not Helping In Search" and leave it at that. To micro-manage them and start a thread only getting on Lee about Halo is going too far imo.

If we find that GA is reading books instead of searching I bet there will be a thread called, "George reading Hemingway!!!"

If the whole point is only they are not searching then I can go with that much better than actually bringing up this particular subject.

I make sense in my head but I'm not sure I worded it well just now. LOL

I see both sides of the argument here. This family can't really go out in public anymore without getting mobbed. Understandably, they created the mess themselves, but it is what it is now. I don't think it's really fair to expect them to sit at attention and stare straight ahead all day every day. They have to live and pass the hours somehow. It gripes people because then they come out and holler that nobody cares, nobody is helping, and the police aren't trying. Then we see strangers doing more for them than they do for themselves. I think going on-line and playing games and posting messages was pretty reckless.

It's a pressure cooker for sure and something's going to blow.

huh... he isn't very good

Yep, Ive got a son that does that:bang: So much for them out searching huh?
Yet the woman who George man-handled drove 2 hours to search for Caylee and George pushes her?

Talk about skewed priorities.

Yet the woman who George man-handled drove 2 hours to search for Caylee and George pushes her?

Talk about skewed priorities.
I really think that is the attitude that bothers most people and what underlies the frustration on this thread. It just seems to me that this family thinks other people are somehow "below" them and/or owe them something. And again I state...why did Lee advertise for what I would describe as his own personal slave if he has time to go online...that is exactly what we see from this family day in and day out. Get off your arses and look for Caylee while I go plant mine firmly on the sofa. I have never understood others' love affair with Lee as I find him as arrogant as Casey.

I really think that is the attitude that bothers most people and what underlies the frustration on this thread. It just seems to me that this family thinks other people are somehow "below" them and/or owe them something. And again I state...why did Lee advertise for what I would describe as his own personal slave if he has time to go online...that is exactly what we see from this family day in and day out. Get off your arses and look for Caylee while I go plant mine firmly on the sofa. I have never understood others' love affair with Lee as I find him as arrogant as Casey.

I cannot stand Lee or any of the family members for that matter. The only person that gets my love and respect is Caylee.

It's just the Halo angle that bothers me. They SHOULD be searching but they aren't. But can't beat someone on the head for logging into a game every now and then....he's not doing anything else, he might as well get his frustration out online rather than towards the protesters like his dad does.

I would love to see GA pick up Halo and take his stress out on that game rather than do it to the very people who are trying to help find Caylee (many of the protesters are also searchers...the old lady is a searcher).

160 hrs of Halo is a lot of leisure for game playing. Yes, it would look equally bad if he were sitting at home doing puzzles. Why is he NOT searching for Caylee personally!!?

The online experience that is Halo is much different than playing through the game. The game has a plot line that is legendary. The online play is more about killing others and getting your score as high as possible. It is the online play that Lee does - hence his need to load "Snowbound" - a map in the game. I have used the online form for blowing off steam. If I had to be around Caysee - I'd need to do SOMETHING to blow off steam.

Yes, I know. He plays on xbox live.

160 hrs of Halo is a lot of leisure for game playing. Yes, it would look equally bad if he were sitting at home doing puzzles. Why is he NOT searching for Caylee personally!!?

Where was that info? Also, was that 160 hrs total since he began playing in Feb or was that just this month?

I think how often he plays now is what is important to the argument.

We can't say anything about his game play before Casey told the fam about Caylee's disappearence.

Well, this is what I know:

1) If any of my family members were missing, and I believed they were alive -- I would be looking every day in places where my family thought it was possible she could be being kept.
2) If any of my family members were missing, and I believed they were dead -- I would be joining in the search for their body so that they could be laid to rest respectfully.

1+2 != 3) I would do nothing.

Option 3 is what this family is doing. So, they don't think she's dead AND don't think she's alive -- in fact, they don't think she ever really existed? WTF!? There is no excuse ... none. Period.

One way or another, YOU ARE NOT AT HOME DOING NOTHING. That is, of course, unless you played a part in the dissapearance, and part of the reason it took 30 days to report it was that you set it up so that you could deny everything and sit home collecting donations and getting T.V. time.

/ rant

I cannot stand Lee or any of the family members for that matter. The only person that gets my love and respect is Caylee.

It's just the Halo angle that bothers me. They SHOULD be searching but they aren't. But can't beat someone on the head for logging into a game every now and then....he's not doing anything else, he might as well get his frustration out online rather than towards the protesters like his dad does.

I would love to see GA pick up Halo and take his stress out on that game rather than do it to the very people who are trying to help find Caylee (many of the protesters are also searchers...the old lady is a searcher).
Bold mine. Maybe he should play online more often- he tried to rip the sign out of the hands of that same "old lady searcher." Granted he didn't shove her but he was aggressive in his attempt to destroy her property.

I think Lee has withdrawn into a world he can control. I am not surprised that he would do that. IMO he knows that searching for a live Caylee is futile, and you know I am not sure I can call him out on this one. I don't know much about gaming, but don't you control what goes on to some extent? Can you blame him for wanting a world he can control - he certainly can't control his parents or his sister! Lee has been very quiet lately, the only times I have seen him is with his sister or trying to prevent his father from making even more rash moves. My overwhelming feeling for GA, CA and LA is pity, with anger thrown in. I do think that whole house is a tinderbox and there is going to be an explosion at some point - I think Lee may know that to and wants to stay as far away as he can (I am assuming that if he is playing, he is doing it at his own home)
You don't really control what happens in HALO~you get your a&& beat. It's a really hard game...lol

Seiously, the anthony's can't even walk out of the house and get into their cars without reporters and angry mobs swarming them. Can't you just see it now? An Anthony out walking in the woods with a full blown circus in tow.

Just when I think this family can't get more bizarre...........

Ok, some games require a credit card some require nothing at all, so what. Point is some punk kid could easily change their online account or forum account to someone else e-mail account, that in no way changes his or her access to their account just what they TELL everyone is their e-mail addy.

Do you seriously use your own personal e-mail account online? I have um 4 with my IP that I use 4 hotmail accounts 4 or 5 g-mail accounts and my own personal website which I have 3 accouns at the moment but could created multiples oh and I have a couple .live accounts that leaves me with multiple accounts on multiple @something.com addys. I use at least 4 different accounts with online forums I sign onto. Such as this one. I can change them all at any time and still maintain the account but if I don;t care about the e-mail I may recive from that account big whoop right?

Why do I do this? multiple reasons. Only my real life family know my PERSONAL e-mail account. I get ZERO junk mail there :) Any websites that require an e-mail I use my alternate accounts, these tend to collect junkmail constanly yay for being able to have a gagillion accounts....

So some punk kid could easily have changed one of his old accounts to reflect this guys addy and website, heck I could change this one to it, but um probably against the tos and unethical, more important to me is the ethical aspect :)

So in any case this is really meaningless to the case anyway unless it leads to another clue, if it really is him IP's can be tracked down credit cards etc, but it appears to be a limited use moniker to begin with and probably a very dead end.

Punk kids like to pull crap like this, live in the gamer world for a while and you will find out. Been there, still there. I love gaming but people do exist that would not think twice to pull a stunt like this. OSOMTHNE!!! lol, leet :)

No, we didn't need a credit card for certain games. We needed a credit card to set up the account (play online at all)...Xbox 360. I can't remember why, I'm thinking we needed it for age verification. I think we, at first, attempted to set it up in our name (to supervise my son), but a few minutes later changed it to my son (b/c I could still monitor, w/his email password) and then something went on and it required the card. Anyhow, I brought it up, because I wondered how switching/taking over an account would work with a credit card tied to it. Also, I was wondering how (if this happened), Lee wouldn't know about it...since he checks that email account to this day. In any case, I'm not saying it can't happen...I'm just not following how it would be 'easy'. In other words...I'm confused.:crazy:

ETA: To clarify, I understand how anyone could use any email address they wished. It's the actual game account stuff that confuses me and how Lee wouldn't be aware...considering he truly uses that email address.

Are we sure Lee is the one playing? Casey has a "Stumbleupon" account and she has a couple online video games listed that she likes. Maybe she's at Joses office playing video games.

I just want everyone to step back for a second and follow this line of thought with me for just a min.

There seem to be 3 types of people:

1. The Proactive Bunch: When faced with stress of ANY level cannot sleep or relax until the issue is resolved. If that means diving head first into the situation and staying there indefinitly, so be it. They cannot relax and watch a good movie while there are still things that can be done. They get things done before they relax in front of the tv.

2. The Shut-Downers: When faced with stress then tend to want to hide like an osterich until it goes away. Usually the issues don't go away, they pile up and get worse, but they don't know how else to handle it so they hide in their vices full time (alcohol, drugs, sex, online gaming, tv, sleeping 16 hr days, ect). Many times their close friends and family have to help them out of their issues before it consumes them. You can find these people when you find those who started off owing the IRS a couple thousand but due to their hiding and running, they are now being foreclosed on, their wages garnished, and they now owe the IRS triple what they started with...and it's growing.

3. The Majority of Us: When faced with stress we do what we can to find a solution while also allowing ourselves a couple hours a day to relax and unwind before we start back again. We may log into our favorite online games only a few hours a night after the banks are closed, our boss is at home, and there is nothing we can do about our stress until morning anyways. We don't hide from our problems but we also don't obsess about them either. We have a healthy medium ground and so we choose to end stressful day by relaxing in a hot bath while reading a good book, or we choose to partake in one or two glasses of wine. Some of us prefer to catch up on our TiVo'd shows...either way, we do something to escape reality for only a short time.

In my opinion, based on Lee's apparent online game playing (but not so much that we can consider it an addiction) he looks like he fits nicely in group 3.

Of course we can also argue he may be group 2 to some extent given that he doesn't actively search for Caylee. But I don't think he spends ALL that time playing online games.

The point? I think his random, and what seems to be very little, online gaming is the LEAST of his issues. It looks as if he uses gaming as a way to unwind and relax. No one has showed us proof that he plays these games 24/7.

I just think we need to give the online game bashing a rest is all I'm saying.

He's not looking for Caylee and he isn't spending every waking hour on Halo either...so we shouldn't even be bringing the Halo thing up....

I agree with you! :) Let's all move on for good! XBox topic = petty arguments. Let's all complain about something legitimate... like why Casey's family isn't beating the truth out of her!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico
Back