Louisiana - Coronavirus COVID-19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Louisiana Department of Health Updates for 3/30/2020 | Department of Health | State of Louisiana

Long-term care facilities

The Department of Health has identified COVID-19 clusters in 28 long-term care facilities in the state. For context, there are a total of 436 nursing homes and adult residential care facilities in Louisiana.

Below is the current list of confirmed clusters, meaning the facilities the Department has had time to properly notify:
  • Bayside Health
  • Chateau De Notre Dame
  • Chateau D'Ville
  • Chateau St. James
  • Colonial Nursing Home
  • Good Samaritan, New Orleans
  • Guesthouse of Slidell Nursing Home
  • Inspired Living Kenner
  • Jo Ellen Smith Living Center
  • Lakeview Manor Nursing Home
  • Lambeth House
  • Legacy Nursing and Rehabilitation of Port Allen
  • Luling Living Center
  • Marrero Health Care Center
  • Montclair Park Assisted Living Shreveport
  • Nouveau Marc
  • Ollie Steele Burden Manor Nursing Home
  • Poydras Home
  • River Palms Nursing and Rehab
  • Riverbend Nursing and Rehab
  • Saint Anthony's Nursing Home
  • Saint James Place
  • Saint Joseph of Harahan
  • Saint Jude's Nursing Home
  • Saint Martin's Manor
  • South East Louisiana Veterans Home
  • The Suites at Algiers Point
  • Vista Shores
A cluster is identified as two or more cases that appear to be connected.

Louisiana Department of Health Updates for 3/30/2020 | Department of Health | State of Louisiana

Deaths

The Department reports an additional 34 deaths since yesterday, bringing the total to 185 deaths. Deaths are listed on the LDH dashboard by parish under the by parish tab and information by age can be found on the by age group tab. A list of the ages of the reported deaths can be found here.

Below is what we know about the underlying conditions among COVID-19 deaths to date, as of March 29:
  • Pulmonary (12%)
  • Cardiac (21%)
  • Diabetes (40%)
  • Chronic Kidney Disease (23%)
  • Chronic Liver Disease (2%)
  • Immunocompromised (4%)
  • Neurological (6%)
  • Obesity (25%)
  • No Underlying Conditions (3%)

Steve Scalise to answer your stimulus questions in live event with The Times-Picayune, The Advocate

What will the $2 trillion coronavirus stimulus law mean for Louisiana?

Join us for a virtual town hall with U.S. Rep. Steve Scalise, the senior member of Louisiana’s congressional delegation and the Minority Whip in the House of Representatives.

Rep. Scalise will join our Editor, Peter Kovacs, from 3-4 p.m. Wednesday to answer your questions about the historic legislation. Rep. Scalise has completed a self-quarantine, and the event will be produced in accordance with guidelines limiting contact to small groups. There will be no live audience.

The town hall is sponsored by Tulane University and will be shown live on NOLA.com, theadvocate.com, Facebook and YouTube.

You can submit your questions below for Rep. Scalise.

Can't see form below? Click here.

New Orleans doctor on Louisiana potentially becoming next coronavirus hotspot

“As of Monday morning, Louisiana reported 4,025 coronavirus cases and 185 deaths, the fourth highest number of deaths in the country following New Jersey, Washington and New York, according to Louisiana’s Health Department and data compiled by Fox News.

Speaking on NBC’s “Meet The Press” on Sunday, Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards said, “We know that if we don’t flatten the curve we’re on a trajectory currently to exceed our capacity in the New Orleans area for ventilators by about April 4 and all beds available in hospitals by about April 10th so we’re doing everything we can to surge capacity.””

—-

Deaths, intubations swamp New Orleans doctors in coronavirus surge

“Frontline health workers scrambled to prepare for that grim prophecy as patients started to stream through their doors last week. The governor said on Face the Nation on Sunday that the state has only a tiny fraction of the 13,000 ventilators it will need, and that it has yet to receive federal approval to tap a national stockpile. In New Orleans, the state’s epicenter, authorities are setting up a field hospital to handle the expected overflow of patients at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center - the same site where thousands of Hurricane Katrina refugees suffered in 2005.”

—-

Orleans Parish to condense to one drive-thru testing site with max 500 tests

“The site will administer up to 500 tests a day from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. as long as supplies last.”

Last edited:
From Louisiana......Hi WS friends.....have a cough but no fever....and the cough is mostly at night. Reading less the past few days. Want to thank you for being here. I know that there are friendly faces whenever I sign in.....Hugs, Lato

From Louisiana......Hi WS friends.....have a cough but no fever....and the cough is mostly at night. Reading less the past few days. Want to thank you for being here. I know that there are friendly faces whenever I sign in.....Hugs, Lato

Hey Lato. I’m from Louisiana too. No cough here but less reading because it is so frightening and close to home. Hang in there.

Hey!!! I sent a note out to you wishing you happy one month anniversary bc we have the same self isolation date, but then I realized yesterday it’s only been three weeks... I was celebrating it as a huge milestone but was really a week off ...

Sorry to hear about your cough, Lato...did you have to break SII (Self imposed isolation)?

Feel better soon!

Everyone feel better that’s not feeling well!

Bonjour, Lato! I hope you’re not in Orleans or Jefferson parishes. If you are, I’d stay out of all essential businesses if possible and try to get your groceries and necessities shipped. My son and is little family live in Nola and they’re getting food shipped via shipt.
You might want to consider telemedicine if necessary. I live in Acadiana and medical providers are using it in full force. It works great. Hope you feel better soon. Check in when you can. Like our Saint Steve Gleason, No White Flags!

LOUISIANA

Tuesday 3/31

Cases Reported*

Deaths Reported

60 of 64 parishes

Monday 3/30

Cases Reported*

Deaths Reported

59 of 64
Parishes with Reported Cases

Sunday 3/29

Cases Reported*

Deaths Reported

59 of 64 parishes

Saturday 3/28

Cases Reported*

Deaths Reported

56 of 64 parishes

Friday 3/27

Total number of people in Louisiana testing positive for coronavirus

Deaths Reported

54 of 64 parishes

Thursday (3/26)

Total number of deaths

53 of 64 parishes

Wednesday (3/25)

Total number of deaths

48 of 64 parishes

Tuesday (3/24)

Total number of deaths

43 of 64 parishes

I live in Northeast Louisiana, our parish is one of the parishes not producing any cases. Was reading earlier and seen we've only completed 4 tests!!! Our population is somewhere around 11,000.

March 31 LDH update: 5,237 confirmed COVID-19 cases, 239 deaths reported across the state

BATON ROUGE, La. (KLFY) — Tuesday, March 31, 2020, UPDATE:

The Louisiana Department of Health has updated its website to reflect the latest number of positives and will continue to update its website at 12 p.m. each day.

As of Tuesday, 5,237 COVID-19 cases have been confirmed. There have been 239 deaths statewide. The DHH reports 60 of the state’s 64 parishes have confirmed cases.

Orleans – 1,834 case(s) | 101 death(s) | 1,533 state tests | 5,255 commercial tests

Jefferson – 1,193 case(s) | 57 death(s) | 520 state tests | 1,943 commercial tests

Caddo – 242 case(s) | 7 death(s) | 121 state tests | 7,158 commercial tests

East Baton Rouge – 228 case(s) | 9 death(s) | 281 state tests | 2,721 commercial tests

St. Tammany – 220 case(s) | 4 death(s) | 143 state tests | 1,161 commercial tests

Ascension – 161 case(s) | 6 death(s) | 26 state tests | 1,028 commercial tests

Lafayette – 118 case(s) | 1 death(s) | 73 state tests | 3,642 commercial tests

St. John the Baptist – 104 case(s) | 12 death(s) | 4 state tests | 20 commercial tests

St. James – 77 case(s) | 4 death(s) | 60 state tests | 142 commercial tests

Lafourche – 74 case(s) | 2 death(s) | 97 state tests | 585 commercial tests

St. Bernard – 71 case(s) | 2 death(s) | 4 state tests | 149 commercial tests

St. Charles – 71 case(s) | 6 death(s) | 1 state tests | 51 commercial tests

Calcasieu – 65 case(s) | 1 death(s) | 71 state tests | 1,619 commercial tests

Bossier – 63 case(s) | 1 death(s) | 25 state tests | 1,054 commercial tests

Rapides – 58 case(s) | 3 death(s) | 60 state tests | 646 commercial tests

Ouachita – 57 case(s) | 1 death(s) | 99 state tests | 1,014 commercial tests

Terrebonne – 40 case(s) | 1 death(s) | 62 state tests | 170 commercial tests

Acadia – 39 case(s) | 1 death(s) | 5 state tests | 123 commercial tests

Plaquemines – 37 case(s) | 2 death(s) | 2 state tests | 40 commercial tests

Iberia – 36 case(s) | 0 death(s) | 51 state tests | 172 commercial tests

Iberville – 35 case(s) | 3 death(s) | 1 state tests | 54 commercial tests

St. Martin – 32 case(s) | 3 death(s) | 0 state tests | 69 commercial tests

St. Landry – 31 case(s) | 1 death(s) | 21 state tests | 2,411 commercial tests

De Soto – 30 case(s) | 1 death(s) | 7 state tests | 26 commercial tests

Washington – 28 case(s) | 1 death(s) | 40 state tests | 129 commercial tests

Tangipahoa – 25 case(s) | 0 death(s) | 6 state tests | 316 commercial tests

Livingston – 23 case(s) | 0 death(s) | 1 state tests | 135 commercial tests

Parish Under Investigation – 22 case(s) | 4 death(s) | 0 state tests | 0 commercial tests

St. Mary – 22 case(s) | 0 death(s) | 6 state tests | 96 commercial tests

Assumption – 20 case(s) | 0 death(s) | 6 state tests | 65 commercial tests

Avoyelles – 19 case(s) | 0 death(s) | 1 state tests | 28 commercial tests

Webster – 17 case(s) | 1 death(s) | 8 state tests | 277 commercial tests

Allen – 15 case(s) | 0 death(s) | 5 state tests | 44 commercial tests

West Baton Rouge – 13 case(s) | 1 death(s) | 0 state tests | 17 commercial tests

Lincoln – 12 case(s) | 0 death(s) | 10 state tests | 153 commercial tests

Evangeline – 10 case(s) | 0 death(s) | 6 state tests | 58 commercial tests

East Feliciana – 9 case(s) | 0 death(s) | 5 state tests | 16 commercial tests

Union – 9 case(s) | 0 death(s) | 3 state tests | 12 commercial tests

Claiborne – 8 case(s) | 0 death(s) | 4 state tests | 21 commercial tests

Vermilion – 8 case(s) | 1 death(s) | 3 state tests | 116 commercial tests

Pointe Coupee – 7 case(s) | 0 death(s) | 5 state tests | 50 commercial tests

Bienville – 6 case(s) | 1 death(s) | 3 state tests | 6 commercial tests

Beauregard – 5 case(s) | 0 death(s) | 0 state tests | 53 commercial tests

Franklin – 5 case(s) | 0 death(s) | 9 state tests | 61 commercial tests

Jefferson Davis – 5 case(s) | 0 death(s) | 13 state tests | 221 commercial tests

West Feliciana – 4 case(s) | 0 death(s) | 5 state tests | 76 commercial tests

Catahoula – 3 case(s) | 1 death(s) | 1 state tests | 6 commercial tests

Concordia – 3 case(s) | 0 death(s) | 0 state tests | 19 commercial tests

Jackson – 3 case(s) | 0 death(s) | 13 state tests | 277 commercial tests

Vernon – 3 case(s) | 0 death(s) | 0 state tests | 173 commercial tests

Grant – 2 case(s) | 0 death(s) | 0 state tests | 21 commercial tests

La Salle – 2 case(s) | 0 death(s) | 7 state tests | 52 commercial tests

Morehouse – 2 case(s) | 0 death(s) | 5 state tests | 13 commercial tests

Natchitoches – 2 case(s) | 0 death(s) | 8 state tests | 70 commercial tests

Richland – 2 case(s) | 0 death(s) | 0 state tests | 80 commercial tests

Sabine – 2 case(s) | 0 death(s) | 3 state tests | 37 commercial tests

East Carroll – 1 case(s) | 0 death(s) | 0 state tests | 22 commercial tests

Madison – 1 case(s) | 0 death(s) | 0 state tests | 0 commercial tests

Red River – 1 case(s) | 0 death(s) | 18 state tests | 22 commercial tests

St. Helena – 1 case(s) | 0 death(s) | 1 state tests | 51 commercial tests

Winn – 1 case(s) | 0 death(s) | 3 state tests | 21 commercial tests

After 'sobering' coronavirus numbers, John Bel Edwards to double beds at convention center

The state has already started building medical pods in the mammoth convention center and planned to have 1,000 beds in the facility by Sunday. The second 1,000 beds will be ready by April 20th, Edwards said at a press conference Tuesday.

The move came the same day Louisiana confirmed 54 more deaths from the virus, by far the largest daily jump yet, and a 30% hike in cases.

The state now projects the New Orleans region is on track to run out of hospital beds by April 7th--a day after projecting it would run out of beds April 12th.

Despite President Donald Trump pledging 150 ventilators to Louisiana, the New Orleans region is still projected to run out by April 4th, Edwards said.

I don’t have a link but Tony Spell, pastor @Life Tabernacle has been arrested for 6 violations of Gov. John Bel Edwards orders.
I’m from Acadiana and we’ve had a sharp increase in positive Covid-19 cases. I’m not sure how this breaks down but we just started testing last week and compiling results. A mayor in my area is having daily press conferences.

Louisiana Evangelical Pastor Charged With Defying Governor's Ban On Big Gatherings

Rev. Tony Spell, pastor of Life Tabernacle Church in the small city of Central, faces six misdemeanor counts for refusing to abide by Gov. John Bel Edwards’ orders during the coronavirus pandemic, the Central Police Department said Tuesday in a statement on its Facebook page.

“Mr. Spell will have his day in court where he will be held responsible for his reckless and irresponsible decisions that endangered the health of his congregation and our community,” the chief said. “This is not an issue over religious liberty, and it’s not about politics. We are facing a public health crisis and expect our community’s leaders to set a positive example and follow the law.”

On Tuesday, the pastor shared a video recording made by his father, Rev. Timothy Spell, on Facebook. The video shows Corcoran and another officer walking down the church’s nave to issue the misdemeanor summons. Standing near the altar in a suit, Tony Spell prays for the officers, the governor and the country.

After the officers leave, Spell speaks into the camera to insist that he will continue to hold church services in defiance of the governor’s orders and the charges.

“I’ve heard from God and I will continue to do what I’m doing,” Spell says in the video.

Louisiana Evangelical Pastor Charged With Defying Governor's Ban On Big Gatherings

Rev. Tony Spell, pastor of Life Tabernacle Church in the small city of Central, faces six misdemeanor counts for refusing to abide by Gov. John Bel Edwards’ orders during the coronavirus pandemic, the Central Police Department said Tuesday in a statement on its Facebook page.

“Mr. Spell will have his day in court where he will be held responsible for his reckless and irresponsible decisions that endangered the health of his congregation and our community,” the chief said. “This is not an issue over religious liberty, and it’s not about politics. We are facing a public health crisis and expect our community’s leaders to set a positive example and follow the law.”

On Tuesday, the pastor shared a video recording made by his father, Rev. Timothy Spell, on Facebook. The video shows Corcoran and another officer walking down the church’s nave to issue the misdemeanor summons. Standing near the altar in a suit, Tony Spell prays for the officers, the governor and the country.

After the officers leave, Spell speaks into the camera to insist that he will continue to hold church services in defiance of the governor’s orders and the charges.

“I’ve heard from God and I will continue to do what I’m doing,” Spell says in the video.
CRAZY!

So, Spell has heard from God. Guess other online religious leaders AND the Pope got a different message. So, Spell is going to continue to hold services? Maybe God’s message to him was that he was to continue preaching - just from jail.

Last edited:
So, Spell has heard from God. Guess other online religious leaders AND the Pope got a different message. So, Spell is going to continue to hold services? Maybe God’s message to him was that he was to continue preaching - just from jail.

Central pastor holds service hours after arrest on violating governor's stay-at-home order

The pastor of Life Tabernacle Church in Central went ahead with an evening religious service Tuesday night just hours after city police cited him over allegations he violated a state order to limit crowd sizes during an outbreak of the novel coronavirus.

"Yes, we're gonna have service," he added, "and if I am arrested, the second man in charge will step in. If he is arrested, the third man in charge will step in. If he is arrested, the thousands of people who are members of this congregation are gonna step in, but you can't take us all."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine
Back