LP Now Says He "Wouldn't Have Gotten Involved"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:( LP is making me sad tonight on NG...he's being really humble. I am now mad at myself a little bit for being critical of them...

he really does seem to just want to help

I do admire Leonard for being big enough to admit he was wrong. That's something CA and JB will never do.

Very much agree with this. It takes a lot to admit in front of a national audience that you were wrong. Watching him on Nancy Grace right now...

Tony in his time here has been a total class act. You could hear in his comments that he loves his family and loves his country and the freedoms and rights it provides. He spoke many times of his respect for his uncle and how smart he is and who things changed after the bail was posted. Leonard held on to his beliefs and moved forward with them. He put up $50,000 of his own money to pursue a theory that he believed in. The whole team deserves our respect IMHO because I truly believe they are here for Caylee.

Agree, but my respect for TP dropped a level the other night when he started promoting the Pizza theory the other night. That was total BS, trying to feed us the Cindy line.

Leonard just said on Nancy Grace that he is not giving up, going to still put in a good effort to find Caylee alive or dead. I get more respect for him the more I see him.

I agree with that 100% Baez pulled an about face once they got there.

I believe that's the truth!

We don't know that. Geraldo may have covered the whole tab for the bond, flights, motorhome, salaries, per diem etc. They may have made money off of it. But I do think that they came with good intentions and were unprepared to battle the evil vortex swirling over Hopespring Drive.

Tony told us, not in so many words, that it was not Geraldo. So, I think it's doubtful that Geraldo is paying for anything.

I'm surprised how many people are trying to kick the man, LP, when he's down. I believe that Leonard truly wanted to do this because he is a good man with a good heart. And, I think he's a straight shooter. (Plus he put his money where his mouth is!)

Tony told us that Leonard really believed he could bring this little girl home ALIVE. And, that *it was all about the little girl* (Call me a sucker, but I believed him!). Matter of fact, even Leonard's estranged brother (of over a decade) said Leonard's motives were pure in his efforts.

See link:
http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2008/08/greg-padilla-on.html

My hat's still off to Leonard Padilla!

I believe that's the truth!

Tony told us, not in so many words, that it was not Geraldo. So, I think it's doubtful that Geraldo is paying for anything.

I'm surprised how many people are trying to kick the man, LP, when he's down. I believe that Leonard truly wanted to do this because he is a good man with a good heart. And, I think he's a straight shooter. (Plus he put his money where his mouth is!)

Tony told us that Leonard really believed he could bring this little girl home ALIVE. And, that *it was all about the little girl* (Call me a sucker, but I believed him!). Matter of fact, even Leonard's estranged brother (of over a decade) said Leonard's motives were pure in his efforts.

See link:

Michael Cardoza, the former prosecutor turned attorney on Greta, is my pick for referring Leonard to Baez and the family.

See link:

Call me a sucker too and I feel for him and truly believe that he was sent there for a reason and maybe this is it ........ I have all the respect in the world for him ... now more than ever !

Michael Cordoza, the former prosecutor turned attorney on Greta, is my pick for referring Leonard to Baez and the family.

I'm thinking Dr. Phil!

I have nothing but respect for the Padillia's. They tried to find a little girl - they were mislead. There is no fault in trying whatever you can to find a missing child.

I appreciate that the Padillas and their team had the nerve and decency to come into what was obviously, from day one, a convoluted, sordid, highly manipulated, and unstable situation, for the sole purpose of saving a small, defenseless child. It is my understanding that Tony and Leonard were asked to lend their particular talents and resources to this unfortunate and disturbing event. They may have responded as a personal favor to someone who wanted to see it resolved, Caylee found; someone trusted them to do what they do best, and to hang in there through the slime and BS, that has come along with it.
They both, from what I've read and seen, are worldly people, genuine and with a sense of humor, who have had to be much more appalled and frustrated and irate than any of us. Even when surrounded by sycophants of all persuasions, they didn't quit, even when the bottom was pulled out from underneath them. They have endured enormous criticism and ridicule, in the interests of finding Caylee. Anybody who thinks LP did this for publicity needs to think again, IMO.
We don't know what all has gone on. Thank goodness for the Orlando Sentinel coming forward to petition for the release of documents.
Tony said the other night- remember, Leonard doesn't search for deceased people- he searches for the living. Well, now he's taken on a gruesome and sorrowful chore. He hasn't backed out, he hasn't abandoned the effort to find Caylee. I am grateful to him, Tony and their team. I am thrilled that they have called the Anthony's bluff and are bringing in TES.
My heartfelt thanks go out to both of them, their families, and their team.

I too have respect for Leonard and Tony. I think their hearts where in the right place.
To me it was all about Caylee, and if I was in his shoes I would have done the same thing. I have a daughter in law that must be Casey lost sister, she always has pulled stunts even with my grandchildren and I alway have gave her the benifit of doupt. but no more.. I learned the hard way.. but I am still glad there are people out there like Tony and Leonard... God Bless you both!

As an attorney (family law, not criminal defense!) I can tell you that when you have a complete wreck of a client like Casey, all those hours they are spending together are pretty normal. I put in a lot of time with my clients, especially when they have emotional issues. But that's usually on the phone. These two can't talk on the phone privately so he must meet with her outside of the home. Also, much of my work is also spent in preparation for hearings, etc.. Getting clients ready for trial. That can take a lot of time. You cannot imagine how many times a client will tell you a perfectly moving, amazing story and then you but them on the stand and they sound like they have brain damage. So, you have to prepare them to avoid that. Of course, he liekly won't have Casey on the stand. In this case, he may be sifting through all of her b.s. and explaining patiently why the stories do not add up. He may also be trying to find a way to mitigate against all the negatives. That also takes a huge amount of time. And, I do not believe for one moment that Baez is merely working on a defense against child neglect and obstruction. I guarantee you, he's working on a murder defense. He's got to, given the facts of this case. He knows by now whether there is a live little girl to be found. He would be negligent if he did not have his own P.I.'s working the case and doing everything they could to find the baby alive and corroborate his client's story. If his investigation turns up nothing except that his client is a crazy liar, then he knows he needs to begin defending a murder case.

As an attorney (family law, not criminal defense!) I can tell you that when you have a complete wreck of a client like Casey, all those hours they are spending together are pretty normal. I put in a lot of time with my clients, especially when they have emotional issues. But that's usually on the phone. These two can't talk on the phone privately so he must meet with her outside of the home. Also, much of my work is also spent in preparation for hearings, etc.. Getting clients ready for trial. That can take a lot of time. You cannot imagine how many times a client will tell you a perfectly moving, amazing story and then you but them on the stand and they sound like they have brain damage. So, you have to prepare them to avoid that. Of course, he liekly won't have Casey on the stand. In this case, he may be sifting through all of her b.s. and explaining patiently why the stories do not add up. He may also be trying to find a way to mitigate against all the negatives. That also takes a huge amount of time. And, I do not believe for one moment that Baez is merely working on a defense against child neglect and obstruction. I guarantee you, he's working on a murder defense. He's got to, given the facts of this case. He knows by now whether there is a live little girl to be found. He would be negligent if he did not have his own P.I.'s working the case and doing everything they could to find the baby alive and corroborate his client's story. If his investigation turns up nothing except that his client is a crazy liar, then he knows he needs to begin defending a murder case.

Thank you for clearing that up for gitana!! I was thinking, "He's GOT to be working on a murder defense" and I guess he finally convinced Casey to keep her mouth shut and only talk to him.

Leonard knew she was somewhat of a liar. He just thought it was a molehill and it turned out to be a mountain. Full of Yettis.
I hope he has his girl inside the house turn up the heat. Or beat the spit out of her.

Yettis. Bwaahahahaha!

Thank you.

I have nothing but respect for the Padillia's. They tried to find a little girl - they were mislead. There is no fault in trying whatever you can to find a missing child.

I'm with you~After talking with TP online, these are upstanding citizens.
These are unusual circumstances. LP has handled himself very well. Baez is a DEFENSE atty and all he cares about is winning this case. He's in fine company with Casey!!:mad:

On Headline News right now. LP being interviewed tells reporter that had he read these 400 pages of documents about CA's case, he would not have "gotten involved". He also stated he and his team are refocusing the way in which they will be searching for Caylee (i.e. they will now start searching for her as deceased). Not sure how much a BH can help in that though when LP isn't even permitted to speak with CA himself.

LP stated tonite on NG that Casey is permitted to speak to him in the presence of Baez (who granted that permission) but she isn't talking! He also said that she supposedly was going to help find Caylee once she was out of jail but that doesn't seem to be happening either.

Would it be really childish of me to say "Duuhhh!" to LP?

Yes, that and uncalled for, and mean.

I truly think that LP really has a huge heart and came there with the best of intentions. He truly believed that this child was alive, and wanted to help. I don't fault him for that at all. He looks absolutely devastated, emotionally spent and exhausted.

LP stated tonite on NG that Casey is permitted to speak to him in the presence of Baez (who granted that permission) but she isn't talking! He also said that she supposedly was going to help find Caylee once she was out of jail but that doesn't seem to be happening either.

No that's not what he said. He said that Jose Baez said that Casey could speak with LP in his presence once released but then Jose Baez rescinded that once she got out. So he took LP for a ride! :(

Tony in his time here has been a total class act. You could hear in his comments that he loves his family and loves his country and the freedoms and rights it provides. He spoke many times of his respect for his uncle and how smart he is and who things changed after the bail was posted. Leonard held on to his beliefs and moved forward with them. He put up $50,000 of his own money to pursue a theory that he believed in. The whole team deserves our respect IMHO because I truly believe they are here for Caylee.

Here, here for the Padillas. For those that think they've made fools of themselves, I have to say in their defense, they most certainly have not. Their intentions have been sincere in trying to find that baby. They're not "hightailing" it home with their tail between their legs, they're staying and bringing in the troops to find Caylee. I believe she will be found, just not in a the way we had all hoped.

To Casey's family, I hope you can accept at some point that this woman has done everything in her power to elaborately destroy your entire family and I don't think she's ever met anyone that she cultivated into a friend. People are objects to her, including her own daughter. She could have written a book with all these lurid details and made a fortune! She chose a different path.

Yes, that and uncalled for, and mean.

I truly think that LP really has a huge heart and came there with the best of intentions. He truly believed that this child was alive, and wanted to help. I don't fault him for that at all. He looks absolutely devastated, emotionally spent and exhausted.

No that's not what he said. He said that Jose Baez said that Casey could speak with LP in his presence once released but then Jose Baez rescinded that once she got out. So he took LP for a ride! :(

I am listening to the repeat of the show right now and it IS what he said. He never said Baez rescinded that once she got out.

I'd say because they felt that time was of the essence. They could not control when they could see those documents, if ever, but they could control getting her out of jail to talk to her. Of course, we now know that they never did get to talk to her, I believe because her attorney changed the rules on them.

But you're in Tony's neighborhood, call him up & have lunch with him. Maybe he'll spill the beans to you! I'd even drive down & go with you guys if he'll do it.

'Noid,
One of the things I love about you, is that you want to see the good in everybody.
I sincerely hope you always do.
In the meantime, we can always ask Tony if he wants to go fishing. A little R&R out on the Feather River. Just You, Me, Tony and whatever tweekers are hangin' around....we can talk about music, cessna's, old gas prices and
bonfires using oil-soaked railroad ties (HST used to be my hero, but now he sucks).
Kisses,
Deb

If I was Leonard and Tony I'd demand an immediate meeting with Baez and Casey and give her two choices.

1.) Custody or Caylee

NOW.........NOT TOMORROW!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme