LP's Confidence #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hope that if LP does buy that land on Suburban, as is being reported here: http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/local/032009padilla_interested_in_land, that he does something beautiful for Caylee with it, and does not turn it into a tourist attraction.

Maybe a neighborhood children's park, as other WSers have suggested might be done elsewhere in the city...
see: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81635 ,

I don't think Caylee died where she was finally found, so I don't view the area as a murder scene, and I do like to believe that God/Caylee/Angels had a hand in Caylee being found, considering the physical circumstances, so as sad as it is she is deceased, I was happy she was found. I would take my dear daughter to play at such a park to honor Caylee's memory - and my dear little one is a mere 6 months behind Caylee in age.

LP is just trying, once again, to stick his face in the media. If he were serious about buying the land he wouldn't have offered $39,000 less than asking price, and he wouldn't have gone to the media to 'brag' about his 'good' deed.

LP is just trying, once again, to stick his face in the media. If he were serious about buying the land he wouldn't have offered $39,000 less than asking price, and he wouldn't have gone to the media to 'brag' about his 'good' deed.

Could be. Anything is possible. If he does buy it, what would you like him to do with it?

Could be. Anything is possible. If he does buy it, what would you like him to do with it?

He won't buy it, he's just putting on a show. I don't think a memorial for Caylee is appropriate, the home-owner's association doesn't want it (which is likely the excuse LP will use for not buying), school children have to see it every day, and it's a slap in the face to all the deceased children who didn't get memorials. It's not LP's place, regardless.

He won't buy it, he's just putting on a show. I don't think a memorial for Caylee is appropriate, the home-owner's association doesn't want it (which is likely the excuse LP will use for not buying), school children have to see it every day, and it's a slap in the face to all the deceased children who didn't get memorials. It's not LP's place, regardless.

My post doesn't express an opinion as to whether or not I think he will buy it, but it does express an opinion as to what he should do with it if he does buy it.
The post above doesn't answer what I asked, which was "If he does buy it, what would you like him to do with it?".
Anyone? Opinions?

My post doesn't express an opinion as to whether or not I think he will buy it, but it does express an opinion as to what he should do with it if he does buy it.
The post above doesn't answer what I asked, which was "If he does buy it, what would you like him to do with it?".
Anyone? Opinions?

There is no answer to that question. He says his plan is to buy the property and turn it into a memorial. If he can't do that, there is no reason for him to buy and nothing for him to do with it.

There is no answer to that question. He says his plan is to buy the property and turn it into a memorial. If he can't do that, there is no reason for him to buy and nothing for him to do with it.

Who has said that he can't? Link? :waitasec:

Well he could buy it and put a house on it, and then he'll be close to the A's. Wouldn't CA just love that?

I don't think that Caylee should be cheated out of a memorial because every deceased child doesn't get one. That's not fair. All murdered children deserve a memorial, but obviously that doesn't happen. There is an opportunity to give this murdered child a memorial, however, and I think that the person/people who provide it are doing a great thing.

CW-I haven't always agreed with you about LP, but on this I do! The place where Caylee's murderer disposed of her like trash should not be memorialized. Her memorial should include many things-justice for one! I think a fitting memorial would be an awareness program for troubled mothers so that this kind of crime can be avoided in the future. We are hearing of these kind of crimes (the disposal of innocent children from parents and caregivers that have no or totally innappropriate coping skills) far, far to often today. Maybe a Caylee Marie Anthony Safe Haven Awareness Program should be considered! A program that "reaches out" and offers "resources" to both parents and children! IMO:innocent:

CW-I haven't always agreed with you about LP, but on this I do! The place where Caylee's murderer disposed of her like trash should not be memorialized. Her memorial should include many things-justice for one! I think a fitting memorial would be an awareness program for troubled mothers so that this kind of crime can be avoided in the future. We are hearing of these kind of crimes (the disposal of innocent children from parents and caregivers that have no or totally innappropriate coping skills) far, far to often today. Maybe a Caylee Marie Anthony Safe Haven Awareness Program should be considered! A program that "reaches out" and offers "resources" to both parents and children! IMO:innocent:

There you go. Perfect idea.

I think your right Chilly.

I think he's just trying to get his name back in the news again

He'll most likely back out because "The deal fell through at the last minute" ....Or some other lame excuse.

Just like he does with his so called "Reward Offers"

This man never ceases to amaze me...!!!

He drags Caylee's name through the mud by claiming that she's the product of incest & now he want's to build her a memorial....???

Whatever Leonard.....!!!!

I liked Mr. Klass' response to LP's idea of buying the property. He said that the site where his daughter's body was found abhors him, makes him sick, he hates to go near it, and he hates the idea of anyone putting a memorial there. He said the people that want to buy it are "weird" people.

This is an emotional issue with good points from people on all sides. Padilla is a lightning rod for discussion.

The points I think of are - Caylee did not die at the wooded spot on Suburban Dr. - she most likely died in the Anthony home - but the Anthonys have no trouble continuing to live there.

Caylee was thrown out like trash on Suburban Dr., and I see efforts to transform the spot from a dump site into a beautiful area for children to play, in memory of a beautiful young life, as a good thing. I believe that Padilla's intentions are honorable. He personally really cared for Caylee and wanted desperately to find her. I believe he wants to see something good come out of such a horrible event.

Somebody is going to buy the property and do something with it .... why not let it be something for the community in this world that has embraced Caylee and want to express their love for her in some tangible way.

I believe that Mark Klaas and NG and other crime victims are in a different category than Casey Anthony or even the Anthony family. I personally do not care if the Anthonys (any of them) have a problem with anything that is done at the site where Caylee's remains were found (in spite of all their efforts to prevent her from being found). IMO

In most states, LP wouldn't have even been allowed to take the bar exam because he graduated from a school that wasn't accredited by the ABA (or any other accrediting body at that time.)

It's nothing against him that he's not a lawyer. It's no shame to him or his school that he didn't pass the bar exam. I know some really good lawyers who didn't pass it the first time around.

It just bugs that I've seen him called a lawyer here on numerous occasions. He's not a lawyer. Getting a law degree but never doesn't make you a lawyer. Passing the bar and getting a license does.

The LP fans should realize he has enough going for him without having to inflate his resume.[/QUOTE]

I agree - This discussion is a bit much IMO - whether he is an attorney or not is irrelevant - he is not attempting to practise law at the moment so i don't think it is fair to say he may have failed his exams etc - how does that have any bearing on his achievements? - and no i am not a LP fan - just a fiar person! - No offence:)

I must admit, as much as an LP critic as I am, his suggestion on how to find out who Caylee's daddy is, is a good one. For those who missed NG last night, LP suggested that KC's phone records be pulled from the time around when Caylee would have been conceived, and see who she was calling/texting etc.

I must admit, as much as an LP critic as I am, his suggestion on how to find out who Caylee's daddy is, is a good one. For those who missed NG last night, LP suggested that KC's phone records be pulled from the time around when Caylee would have been conceived, and see who she was calling/texting etc.

I thought it was brilliant.

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationw...nthony-leonard-padilla-032009,0,7843529.story (link to homeowners not happy)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
couchsluether
Back