Luka Magotta AKA Eric Newman Trial, Week beginning Oct 27, 2014 - Trial Thread #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 14s 14 seconds ago

Ask him, where are you? He answered, Berlin. #Magnotta
0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites
Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 31s 31 seconds ago

He knew you were a psychiatrist? Yes. Knew he was arrested for murder? Yes.
Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 50s 50 seconds ago

#Magnotta knew where he was, who he was? He knew he was in prison.

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · now

First question asked if heard voices, to which he said yes? Cant say if very first question. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 27s 27 seconds ago

Got into topic very early, try to avoid and see how develops.#Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 14s 14 seconds ago

You were expecting him? Yes. Knew time of day? Usually deal with new admissions in first half of day. #Magnotta
Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 53s 53 seconds ago

When first saw him, in cell? He was in ward, on second floor of psych dept. #Magnotta

Ok, after much legal wrangling with jury absent, we are back in #magnotta with Thomas Barth, psych who saw him in Berlin

Barth says hard to diagnose what #Magnotta was doing when masturbating with severed arm. "very disturbing outcome of an offence"

I can't explain this, Barth says. If someone commits such cruelty, I would look at schizophrenia. Sometimes they commit cruel offences

We have a few patients a year that commit cruel offences, some are not psychotic, but i would look at schizophrenia. #Magnotta

Crown now cross examining Barth. Why can't you diagnose what defence described? Need much more info, Barth says #Magnotta

Can't conclude diagnosis just based on the crime, Barth says #Magnotta

I am not forensic expert in this case, Barth said. I wasn't to assess #Magnotta

My role is confined to the week I treated #Magnotta in Berlin June 11-18, 2012, Barth says

Barth spoke to #Magnotta daily because he was aware of important situation, he said. Media coverage might be burden for sane person

We suspected #magnotta as insane or at least schizophrenic and Cdn so we were approaching him differently than other patients, Barth

#Magnotta didn't interact with other patients, kept to himself and asked not to be approached by other inmates. He said he was scared

Barth didn't have #Magnotta's psychiatric files from Canada. I expected to treat him much longer and was surprised extradition was so fast

Once #Magnotta was extradited, Barth closed the file. I would have appreciated those records but they never arrived

Barth says he would not have been surprised if #Magnotta had substance abuse. Crown says that's what 2011 Mount Sinai record says

Common for patients not to be forthcoming with information, Barth says. #Magnotta

I approached Mr #Magnotta very gently, Barth says. What he was going through would have been difficult for sane person, let alone insane

When Barth first saw #Magnotta he was on the ward. I was expecting him, he says.

#Magnotta was a VIP, Barth says. The ward received quite a few postcards and letters from unknown people for Magnotta. Fan mail.

One sent him socks and said please wear these socks and send them back. #Magnotta was distressed and scared because of it

Can you objectively assess hallucinations crown asks? We are dealing with all kinds of psychopathic findings, Barth says. #Magnotta

#Magnotta never had hallucinations in front of you, crown says. First day, no, but I asked him and he had thought withdrawal + radio in head

When Barth takes cell phone out of pocket, #Magnotta was scared and thought it was a weapon and Barth would kill him

#Magnotta mumbled to himself but couldn't understand what he was saying. Social worker called g'ma but she hung up phone. Disappointed

#Magnotta had wanted staff to call his g'ma, because he was close to her. Her hanging up cld lead to self harm or suicide, Barth said

#Magnotta wasn't first patient for extradition from the prison hospital, Barth says

Barth met with Joel Watts, psych from Canada who accompanied #magnotta back to Canada

That's it for today in #magnotta. See you tomorrow

https://twitter.com/MontgomerySue?lang=en&lang=en

@MontgomerySue:

#Magnotta was a VIP, Barth says. The ward received quite a few postcards and letters from unknown people for Magnotta. Fan mail.

One sent him socks and said please wear these socks and send them back. #Magnotta was distressed and scared because of it

Can you objectively assess hallucinations crown asks? We are dealing with all kinds of psychopathic findings, Barth says. #Magnotta

#Magnotta never had hallucinations in front of you, crown says. First day, no, but I asked him and he had thought withdrawal + radio in head

When Barth takes cell phone out of pocket, #Magnotta was scared and thought it was a weapon and Barth would kill him

#Magnotta mumbled to himself but couldn't understand what he was saying. Social worker called g'ma but she hung up phone. Disappointed

#Magnotta had wanted staff to call his g'ma, because he was close to her. Her hanging up cld lead to self harm or suicide, Barth said

#Magnotta wasn't first patient for extradition from the prison hospital, Barth says

Barth met with Joel Watts, psych from Canada who accompanied #magnotta back to Canada

Edit: Kamille, you are always one step ahead :blushing:

How does a scared paranoid schizophrenic acquire a "fan club" so quickly? I don't suppose the fan mail will be coming in to the trial? Likely from people who had been following his online antics for years.

Doesn't seem like a career in "modelling and acting" is a good fit either. You know...since he's scared of everyone and everything...including cell phones. SMH

That was one big act if you ask me. As matou said, he had none of these issues prior to his arrest.

MOO

:gasp:

I just can't believe what I'm reading... It sounds like was acting like a diva, and was allowed to call.all the shots - even treated like some sort of celebrity! They gave hi a double room to himself and he told them not to let the other patients disturb him! WTF!

:gasp:

I just can't believe what I'm reading... It sounds like was acting like a diva, and was allowed to call.all the shots - even treated like some sort of celebrity! They gave hi a double room to himself and he told them not to let the other patients disturb him! WTF!

I know!! The 5 Star prison psych unit was pampering their famous guest.

By the way...isn't this the same place that Mr Rubert says he fooled into letting him stay for 4 months instead of going to prison?

MOO

@MontgomerySue:

Edit: Kamille, you are always one step ahead :blushing:

I actually had just sat down at my computer because I had an unexpected guest this afternoon. Grabbed Sue's tweets as quick as I could and was glad that the afternoon was fairly short due to the legal wranglings. LOL

Never hurts to get as much of them as we can on here. Even if we duplicate. :)

I have never seen this sketch of chubby Kluka before, thought I'd share this with you guys :laugh::laugh::laugh:

B1OfBCCCMAA5iEA.jpg

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Do you guys think the jury will find LM guilty or NCR? Judging from what has been presented so far?

Christie Blatchford: Luka Magnotta seems more an anxious neurotic than schizophrenic after doctors testify
She thought he also suffers from borderline personality disorder, with “histrionic traits.”
His predominant emotion, she said, was anxiety, and sadness when he “lost someone,” as when he developed “a romantic transfer” on a friendly male nurse and thought he saw an opening for a relationship.

He cried, Dr. Roy said, when he realized it was not to be.

I don't remember seeing the reference to BPD in the tweets but here it is!!

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com...tic-than-schizophrenic-after-doctors-testify/

It's sometimes hard to get a feel for what is really being said by witnesses based on the tweets. After reading the article by Christie Blatchford I am getting the feeling that the schizophrenia diagnosis isn't coming across as cut and dried as it seemed.

Mr. Magnotta believed he was being watched on camera all the time or that his phone was tapped — but such things may be normal in institutions such as jails, Dr. Roy said, so “it’s hard to separate what is real in this.” Some of it, she said, “is part of the reality you have to face in prison.”

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com...tic-than-schizophrenic-after-doctors-testify/

Histrionic personality disorder is characterized by a long-standing pattern of attention seeking behavior and extreme emotionality. Someone with histrionic personality disorder wants to be the center of attention in any group of people, and feel uncomfortable when they are not. While often lively, interesting and sometimes dramatic, they have difficulty when people aren’t focused exclusively on them. People with this disorder may be perceived as being shallow, and may engage in sexually seductive or provocative behavior to draw attention to themselves.
http://psychcentral.com/disorders/histrionic-personality-disorder-symptoms/

Do you guys think the jury will find LM guilty or NCR? Judging from what has been presented so far?

So far I've read nothing that would indicate he was NCR at the time of this murder. However, I have the benefit of google and the helpful answers to my questions here. The jury does not. So it's anyone's guess what they are leaning towards.

MOO

I have noticed something about Luka and his 'schizophrenia' and the voices in his head... he uses mental illness to get out of trouble. They do not seem to really exist until he ends up in trouble with the law. Then he lays it on thick. Between these events, he seems paranoid and anxious and otherwise disturbed, but the voices really only take over AFTER he is charged with something. I could be wrong, but that Dr Tan did nothing to help his case, IMO. And neither did this one. He was just fine until he was arrested. Just like back in 2005. He had his issues, but the 'voices' started before his court date, but didn't seem to exist before then? Hmm. Did I miss something?

What I see is a disturbed, but very calculating and manipulative individual.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member