GUILTY MA - Abducted Woman Rescued & 3 Bodies Found In Springfield, May 2018 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Serial killer Stewart Weldon sentenced after emotional family impact statements | WWLP

"Springfield serial killer Stewart Weldon was given three consecutive life sentences without the possibility of parole Thursday at Hampden Superior Court.

Weldon pleaded guilty to 39 criminal charges Tuesday, including three counts of first degree murder. He altered his plea days before his trial was set to begin. Each count of first degree murder carries a life sentence, which will be served consecutively."

"Back in 2018, investigators discovered three bodies “in and around” Weldon’s Page Boulevard home. The victims were identified as 47-year-old Ernestine Ryans of Springfield, 34-year-old America Lyden of Springfield, and 27-year-old Kayla Escalante of Ludlow."

I know this happened a long time ago but I just wanted to share a little piece of happiness within this tragic story. I am a licensed Social Worker and I work for a company that works with DCF to find children in the system quality childcares to attend. Part of my job is also to visit these childcares monthly to check on the children and things within the daycare.

When DCF removed the child(ren) from this situation, we were contacted to find a childcare for the oldest child who was almost 2 if I can remember correctly. As you can imagine we thought this child had experienced the worst trauma possible and we racked our brains to find the most accommodating childcare possible. We usually do not meet the children in advance and DCF gives us a brief summary on the child so we really weren't sure what we were in for.

Here's the happy part. This child was one of the most well adjusted children I have ever met. Very little signs of trauma (outwardly), enjoyed coming to daycare every day, was positive, and silly and happy. She LOVED reading books and turned the pages so gently and took such good care of them (which is unheard of if you have young children you understand LOL). She loved hugs and playing with the other children. SHE THRIVED. It was actually quite amazing to see. The foster home she was in bought her the most beautiful gold heart earrings that she just LOVED to show off. She was with us for about a year before she moved foster homes and I am not sure what happened to her after that but I think about her often. She really was such a joy to see during my visits <3

I know this happened a long time ago but I just wanted to share a little piece of happiness within this tragic story. I am a licensed Social Worker and I work for a company that works with DCF to find children in the system quality childcares to attend. Part of my job is also to visit these childcares monthly to check on the children and things within the daycare.

When DCF removed the child(ren) from this situation, we were contacted to find a childcare for the oldest child who was almost 2 if I can remember correctly. As you can imagine we thought this child had experienced the worst trauma possible and we racked our brains to find the most accommodating childcare possible. We usually do not meet the children in advance and DCF gives us a brief summary on the child so we really weren't sure what we were in for.

Here's the happy part. This child was one of the most well adjusted children I have ever met. Very little signs of trauma (outwardly), enjoyed coming to daycare every day, was positive, and silly and happy. She LOVED reading books and turned the pages so gently and took such good care of them (which is unheard of if you have young children you understand LOL). She loved hugs and playing with the other children. SHE THRIVED. It was actually quite amazing to see. The foster home she was in bought her the most beautiful gold heart earrings that she just LOVED to show off. She was with us for about a year before she moved foster homes and I am not sure what happened to her after that but I think about her often. She really was such a joy to see during my visits <3
Thank you for sharing this.

I also wanted to say that I guess it's true about some people living under a rock, as that is my excuse for just learning about this case TODAY, even though I have lived In MA all my life . Another words, a
very long time.o_O:rolleyes:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova
Back