GUILTY MA - Abducted Woman Rescued & 3 Bodies Found In Springfield, May 2018 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In Springfield, search for answers goes on - The Boston Globe

According to city police and district court records, Weldon was arrested by Springfield police three times in 2017, most recently after he was seen assaulting a woman on a city street on Oct. 14 shortly before 10 p.m. Weldon drove away and was stopped after officers were able to box him in with their cruisers.

Weldon jumped out of the car and refused to be handcuffed, despite being punched several times by one officer, and tased by two other officers, according to a police report.

Weldon, who allegedly had two knives on him, bit one of the officers in the leg, police wrote.

He pleaded not guilty and was released on $1,000 cash bail posted by his mother, Constance, records show. He was ordered to wear a GPS device, but court records indicate he cut off the tracking device earlier this year.

Ugh, it's honestly a waste of the officers time if he can just do this after his arrest.

I'm guessing the 3 bodies found in the residence and garage were the other 3 people living there. I can't recall now where I read it (one of the links on this thread) but the neighbors were saying there was a younger man and woman (a couple) living there, and another young man. If that's accurate, and they have not yet been accounted for...

I'm guessing the 3 bodies found in the residence and garage were the other 3 people living there. I can't recall now where I read it (one of the links on this thread) but the neighbors were saying there was a younger man and woman (a couple) living there, and another young man. If that's accurate, and they have not yet been accounted for...
This article quotes the DA as saying all residents of the house are alive and accounted for...
Police back at Springfield kidnapping suspect’s home where bodies found

“Everyone else who lived in the home where it is believed Stewart Weldon lives, including a child, is accounted for and safe, Gulluni said. “

Kidnapping suspect living where 3 bodies found faces new charge

The Massachusetts kidnapping suspect who lives in a home where three dead bodies have been found has returned to court to face an additional kidnapping charge.

A not guilty plea was entered Monday on behalf of 40-year-old Stewart Weldon, of Springfield, who didn't speak.

A prosecutor told the judge the kidnapping charge was unrelated to the kidnapping charge Weldon faces in connection with his arrest May 27.
No one has been charged in connection with the discovery of the bodies.

The deceased were identified in a press conference Monday by District Attorney Anthony Gulluni as Ernestine Ryans 47, of Springfield, America Lyden, 34, of Springfield and Kayla Escalante, 27, of Ludlow. (ETA: Escalante is the woman who was not reported as missing per the link above mine.)

page-boulevard-victims-044e7c652f93f573.jpg

From left to right, Facebook photos of America Lyden, Ernestine Ryans and Kayla Escalante.(Submitted photos)

SPRINGFIELD - Two of the three woman found dead last week at a Page Boulevard property were reported missing in the last six months, and Springfield police investigators had worked to locate them, according to a department spokesman.

The deceased were identified in a press conference Monday by District Attorney Anthony Gulluni as Ernestine Ryans 47, of Springfield, America Lyden, 34, of Springfield and Kayla Escalante, 27, of Ludlow. Their remains, found last week at the 1333 Page Boulvard residence of Steward Weldon, were identifed by the state Medical Examiner.

How they died remains unknown pending autopsies, and Weldon had not been charged with murder. He is being held on $1 million bail and charged with multiple charges of kidnapping and assault with intent to rape.
2 of 3 women found dead at Stewart Weldon's Springfield home had been reported missing to police

One of the many things that bother me about this case, is the fact that a search warrant wasn't immediately executed on his house following his arrest for the kidnapping. You would think that it would be standard practice.

So sad for these poor victims. The one who survived and those who are deceased.
And one who was not reported missing for 6 months---already had a terrible life (I'm assuming anyone who is not missed for that long already has a tragic history) ...and then this scummy trash crossed paths with her. :(

Eta : Wonder just how much his mom knew... she waited a long time to report the 'foul odor'.

One of the many things that bother me about this case, is the fact that a search warrant wasn't immediately executed on his house following his arrest for the kidnapping. You would think that it would be standard practice.

I am wondering if he had his current or correct address on his license when he was stopped and arrested. Did they go to the wrong addie to search?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova
Back