GUILTY MA - Abigail Hanna for kidnap, assault of 2yo girl, Hamilton, 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://heavy.com/news/2015/11/abiga...milton-topsfield-massachusetts-facebook-page/

Was this girl spiraling downhill? Abi didn't even survive a semester (fall 2014) at Gordon College. She briefly tried Azusa which I guess was her freshman year (2013) but that didn't work out. She seemed to now be back in her parent's palatial home, not going to college, and possibly not working. Has anyone seen if she had a regular job? Or was she just doing pick-up babysitting jobs?

Many personality disorders and mental illnesses become exacerbated in the early 20's. The high school friend says Abi had depression and body image issues in high school. I wonder if she had other issues as well.
This article says she broke in at 2am with a weapon.

I wonder if the family had a video baby monitor or other surveillance and that's why LE zoomed in so quickly?

As a former victim of a violent crime, I can't applaud this post enough. Such swift action from LE gives the suggestion she is guilty and they have the info to prove so, and thank goodness they do... Perps of violent crimes who don't fit the "mold" are often dismissed as suspects or given more leeway/less harsh sentences than those who look like hardened criminals, despite their record.

I hope to God there was no sexual motivation in this case, but just because she's a pretty girl doesn't mean she has a pretty set of morals. MOO

BBM: I'm really afraid this could happen with this case. People are expressing disbelief at her being able to commit such a heinous crime, even though LE has enough evidence to arrest her. I fear a jury may feel the same.

I want to caution against relying on the heavy dot com site for discussion material. That site often has lots of seemingly juicy tidbits because they glean their facts by sleuthing the perp's social media. It is not considered MSM by WS standards. They often share material that does not fall under WS TOS.

In particular I have not seen the 2 am break-in time reported in MSM. The heavy site seems to source that info from a Boston CBS link but I can find no reference to that time in the link itself. Not even in the video at the boston cbs link.

I want to caution against relying on the heavy dot com site for discussion material. That site often has lots of good tidbits because they glean their facts by sleuthing the perp's social media and is not considered MSM by WS standards. They often share material that does not fall under WS TOS.

In particular I have not seen the 2 am break-in time reported in MSM. The heavy site seems to source that info from this link but I can find no reference to that time in the link itself. Not even in the video at the boston cbs link.
Thanks, tlcya! I didn't realize they weren't msm. Good caution as I hadn't seen the weapon mentioned anywhere else, it was certainly news to me.

I don't know if it's about her looks or not. It's probably part of it. For me I'm looking at it differently because she's so young and her job as a counselor. Those two things stand out as off. I don't think this is related to any form of mental illness.

But now that you mention it.. there are enough cases like Skylar Neese (the girl in WV killed by her friends, I think that's her name) that show young women CAN suddenly become sadistic, seemingly out of nowhere. It could be what happened here - she suddenly got the idea or became curious about what it would be like.

Maybe it's as simple as we want bad people to look bad so we can convince ourselves we're safe if we just avoid them.

JMO

Yeah, I was thinking of 19 year old Tiffany Vanalstyne, who beat and strangled the five year brother that she was babysitting to death, hid his body and then claimed he'd been abducted. She has bipolar disorder, but it hasn't come to trial yet so I don't know if that had much to do with what happened.

And 25 year old Melinda Muniz, who was looking after her fiancée's 2 year old daughter, and beat, sexually assaulted and murdered the little girl and claimed intruders had done it. She was angry because her fiancee had broken up with her, and IMO that was her way of punishing him.

And 28 year old Melissa Huckaby, who sexually assaulted and murdered a neighbour's 8 year old little girl, and then put her body in a suitcase and disposed of it.

Yeah, I was thinking of 19 year old Tiffany Vanalstyne, who beat and strangled the five year brother that she was babysitting to death, hid his body and then claimed he'd been abducted. She has bipolar disorder, but it hasn't come to trial yet so I don't know if that had much to do with what happened.

And 25 year old Melinda Muniz, who was looking after her fiancée's 2 year old daughter, and beat, sexually assaulted and murdered the little girl and claimed intruders had done it. She was angry because her fiancee had broken up with her, and IMO that was her way of punishing him.

And 28 year old Melissa Huckaby, who sexually assaulted and murdered a neighbour's 8 year old little girl, and then put her body in a suitcase and disposed of it.
Just makes me sick. Wondering if there were any signs of sexual abuse in this case that just haven't been released yet.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I am wondering if the 4yo sibling told police that Abigail had been there (and if that weapon report is correct, may have relayed that too).

Also, going from someones FB page doesn't always give a good indication what type of person they are. While I would find it surprising she was involved based solely on the info and feel of her FB page, people create a false image on social media. As an example, Erika Murray who killed/neglected multiple children had a normal, motherly FB page while hiding dead babies in closets.

Hearing Abogail had dropped out of college and had two arrests by age 21 (even for alcohol and driving without a license) makes me say her FB page was not indicative of her character. That FB page was too picture perfect really. I bet more will be coming out about her that will be out of sync with her FB image. JMO

I looked at AH's FB page quickly. There's not much that's public. But I was struck by the post she shared in July 2014 with an image saying "Amanda has decided that shaving is not her thing" from an article "18 Empowering Illustrations to Remind Everyone Who's Really in Charge of Women's Bodies." That post would be innocuous ordinarily. But given that the little girl's head was shaved, it struck me.

Is the earlier report about the cigarette burns still showing up in articles? I haven't seen it in the more recent ones... I just see the contusion on the head info now. I'm asking because the baby being burned with cigarettes really paints a much more sadistic portrait of what went on; absent those, I can think of some more normal explanations (though still involving mental illness) for what happened.

Has AH been arraigned yet? Sorry is this has been asked and answered.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...llege-dropout-got-engaged-just-weeks-ago.html

Hanna, who is being held without bail, was educated at an $18,000-a-year private Christian Preparatory school in Connecticut, a report suggests.

She grew up in a family home worth more than $1million, according to Zillow, before attending Gordon College - but a spokesman told the*Boston Globe*she left after just one semester.*

I am wondering if the 4yo sibling told police that Abigail had been there (and if that weapon report is correct, may have relayed that too).

Also, going from someones FB page doesn't always give a good indication what type of person they are. While I would find it surprising she was involved based solely on the info and feel of her FB page, people create a false image on social media. As an example, Erika Murray who killed/neglected multiple children had a normal, motherly FB page while hiding dead babies in closets.

Hearing Abogail had dropped out of college and had two arrests by age 21 (even for alcohol and driving without a license) makes me say her FB page was not indicative of her character. That FB page was too picture perfect really. I bet more will be coming out about her that will be out of sync with her FB image. JMO
I wonder if she was abused as a child or constantly pressured to be the perfect child causing rebellious behavior that escalated into this horrible act.

Absolutely no excuse for what she's done. Just trying to wrap my head around this.

Also wonder if she has physically hurt others and we just have not heard about it yet or any victims haven't spoken up.....

Is the earlier report about the cigarette burns still showing up in articles? I haven't seen it in the more recent ones... I just see the contusion on the head info now. I'm asking because the baby being burned with cigarettes really paints a much more sadistic portrait of what went on; absent those, I can think of some more normal explanations (though still involving mental illness) for what happened.

A family friend of the man and woman who found the girl told NewsCenter 5 that the couple said the girl was naked with her head shaved. She had a bruise on her head and cigarette burns on her body.

http://m.wcvb.com/news/police-searching-for-missing-3yearold-girl/36565700

If you Google Lyndon Albers Cigarette you'll see it's still reported in quite a few different sources. According to the one above, though, it was a family friend of the couple who found the baby, so it isn't first-hand information.
Plus I suppose it's possible she had wounds or sores on her that looked like cigarette burns but weren't.

If there weren't any cigarette burns, how does that exclude sadism? What's your theory about motive? :)

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/11/23/hamilton-child-kidnapping-abigail

Article says that Lyndon was released from hospital yesterday.

“We have suffered a horrific ordeal. We are grateful to have our daughter back. We are extremely thankful for the incredible efforts to rescue our daughter by the Police and all emergency responders. We are extremely grateful to the kind couple who found our daughter. We are extremely thankful for having the best family, friends and community supporting us through this difficult time.”

Great news :D

She is charged with kidnapping, assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, assault and battery on a child and breaking and entering in the nighttime.

I wonder what the assault and battery with a dangerous weapon was? :(

Nooo, that can't be the mugshot??
Says photo credit Hamilton Police.

If its a school ID photo I would feel much better!

If she smiles like this in court I'll be sick.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slueth_cat
Back