MA MA - Ana Walshe, 39, regional general manager of a real estate company, Cohasset, 1 Jan 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JAN 7, 2023
Local and state place in Massachusetts used K-9 units to scour a wooded area near the Cohasset home of a missing working mom and emptied the family pool Saturday afternoon.

Cohasset police gave the media a brief update on the search for Ana Walshe at the staging area along Route 3A as a helicopter circled above.

It's unclear what police were looking for in the pool, and police haven't said what led them to two specific quadrants of the woods.

[...]

(Photo and video of the pool at the link)

The very last pic in that article doesn't appear to me to be the residence of a "well off" family as it's been suggested in various MSM articles.

Some things I couldn't help but notice (that have nothing to do with her being missing but do paint a very different picture than a well to do family with 2 homes, which really makes me question what the real story is here)

- No pool enclosure - crazy dangerous with little kids living there
- fence & house siding in desperate need of a pressure wash (also siding damage)
- ripped window screen just hanging off the frame, flapping in the wind
- loads of garbage littered among children's toys in the yard
- yard/hedges not landscaped at all, with a bare mud path around the house from the back door to the gate

Walshe.5.jpg

The very last pic in that article doesn't appear to me to be the residence of a "well off" family as it's been suggested in various MSM articles.

Some things I couldn't help but notice (that have nothing to do with her being missing but do paint a very different picture than a well to do family with 2 homes, which really makes me question what the real story is here)

- fence & house siding in desperate need of a pressure wash (also siding damage)
- yard/hedges not landscaped at all, with a bare mud path around the house from the back door to the gate

Walshe.5.jpg
Wow. Great observation. JMO

Walshe.5.jpg
Interesting observations, and I agree. Question: the Fox News story this picture came from identified it as the home Ana owned but I thought I remembered seeing somewhere earlier in the thread that they were renting?

Not mentioned today - what kind of husband and father steals paintings from a friend and not pay them after promising to get them a "good price" and then make fakes and sell and con a buyer on e bay---then give 30k of the 80k back to buyer? A gambler? So does this open up some type of retaliation by the folks cheated? By a bookie? As well of "hey mom I think I married the wrong guy--and another excuse for the gone girl theory. imo
Though a very remote possibility IMO, but could one consider that Ana was abducted in retaliation? That the whole Jan 1 "emergency" was a ruse to get her out of the house? Husband hasn't spoken out, so could there be something going on behind the scenes ? Ransom, negotiations or whatever?
A bit out there I know, but it might be the best scenario in that she is still alive.

Walshe.5.jpg
It’s a rental. They do not own the home they are currently living in.

At 39yo she is the prime age for the mid-life crisis to possibly appear. However, this sharp lady seemed to have her life together. She successfully held a magnificent position with a major RE business. Her children are very young. Agree she'd prefer free time spent with them until JAN 3rd when she would return to DC using the ticket that was meant to be used.

Before she left, as the husband slept, by whom and when was she last seen?

It's odd that there's no evidence insofar as a cctv, Nest video, driver to the airport, plane ticket purchase for the JAN 1, arrival at airports, that she did leave on her own volition. The area LE is searching tells me they don't think she took a flight out of town.
Not all parents want to spend all their time with their small children. Some can’t wait to get back to work. MOO

Interesting observations, and I agree. Question: the Fox News story this picture came from identified it as the home Ana owned but I thought I remembered seeing somewhere earlier in the thread that they were renting?
The caption says "General view of the back of the home in Cohasset, Massachusetts, belonging to Ana Walshe, on Friday, Jan. 6, 2023. Walshe has been reported missing, last seen on New Year's Day. (David McGlynn for Fox News Digital)"

Even if renting, the place is still clearly very neglected.

Walshe.5.jpg
IMO - looks like a unkempt disaster -they definitely need a trip to Home Depot for Spray and Forget ! Maybe these are just people stretched too thin in too many ways. Too many stressors. There was speculation that it is a rental - or speculation they were buying houses to flip so this may be in the pre flip stage ? - I am not sure of the status of this place only that it is owned in a trust and managed by someone who is not seemingly related to Ana or her family - as I mentioned up thread. It' s public information on the local assessors site.

Walshe.5.jpg
Here's the Zillow listing: it is estimated at $1m with a $5k/mo rental price. 516 Chief Justice Cushing Hwy, Cohasset, MA 02025 | Zillow

I agree I am surprised by the backyard. I am shocked by the pool. We looked at coastal MA houses last year when we were thinking of moving and while many of the houses were a little beat up in terms of the siding and older fixtures (New England charm), the yards were all generally very manicured with pools properly covered and fenced.

The price is surely a function of the location though the Zillow listing looked nice enough. I don't know how you'd let your pool get so bad though. It is a big investment to maintain and the freezing/melting of a full pool without proper chemicals and covering will destroy the surrounding brickwork.

Walshe.5.jpg
I agree. And they were renting - of course there is nothing wrong with that but they sold their home a few months ago. Maybe they wanted to rent but maybe they were desperate for money and had to sell the house. Maybe she *has* to work out of town and it was a good job and one of them needs to bring in some money obviously. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
If renting, I doubt they’d be responsible for maintaining the pool. That would be the responsibility of the property owner.

IMO the rental is a temporary spot for them. They flipped their last home, sold while the market was at its peak. Maybe waiting for court cases up here to resolve to move to DC? Maybe waiting for the market to subside before buying again. There’s a million possibilities. I just don’t see the state of a pool they don’t own to have any indication as to their financial status.

Here's the Zillow listing: it is estimated at $1m with a $5k/mo rental price. 516 Chief Justice Cushing Hwy, Cohasset, MA 02025 | Zillow

I agree I am surprised by the backyard. I am shocked by the pool. We looked at coastal MA houses last year when we were thinking of moving and while many of the houses were a little beat up in terms of the siding and older fixtures (New England charm), the yards were all generally very manicured with pools properly covered and fenced.

The price is surely a function of the location though the Zillow listing looked nice enough. I don't know how you'd let your pool get so bad though. It is a big investment to maintain and the freezing/melting of a full pool without proper chemicals and covering will destroy the surrounding brickwork.
Ok well never mind maybe my previous post. $5000 monthly rent is quite high IMO… but maybe they wanted to stay in the area as the kids are in school and wanted to maintain appearances?

It also appears that not only did the pool not have fencing for the safety of young children, but it had no pool cover either and had not been drained.

The pavers around the pool appear to be missing some pieces making for an irregular walking surface, and it appears that the rock wall around the pool was falling apart with loose rocks dislodged from the back side.

It looks a mess and shabby. I wonder if the owner was not aware of these seriously problems or had chosen to ignore them and give the renters a break.

This does not give one the impression these are financially successful or responsible people living there.

I'm thinking possibly a jealous lover. The "work emergency" was to get her out of the house, something she could tell her husband and family. The rideshare was the lover picking her up. She would have a few days away before she was really due back at work. Maybe the lover was stalking her, saw the NYE party, etc...jmo

I agree. And they were renting - of course there is nothing wrong with that but they sold their home a few months ago. Maybe they wanted to rent but maybe they were desperate for money and had to sell the house. Maybe she *has* to work out of town and it was a good job and one of them needs to bring in some money obviously. If he is on house confinement he is likely not working and maybe had to pay fines or something?
My sense is this is a family with big financial problems and I won't be surprised if that fact figures into her disappearance one way or another. JMO

JAN 7, 2023
A Massachusetts Environmental Police officer points out something to a state trooper in the swamps across the street from the Walshe home during their search for Ana Walshe near her home on Rt. 3A in Cohasset on Saturday, Jan. 7, 2023.

A Massachusetts Environmental Police officer points out something to a state trooper in the swamps across the street from the Walshe home during their search for Ana Walshe near her home on Rt. 3A in Cohasset on Saturday, Jan. 7, 2023.
ROBIN CHAN/ WICKED LOCAL STAFF PHOTO

K9 Valor and his handler search in the woods along Rt. 3A during their search for Ana Walshe near her home on Rt. 3A in Cohasset on Saturday, Jan. 7, 2023.

K9 Valor and his handler search in the woods along Rt. 3A during their search for Ana Walshe near her home on Rt. 3A in Cohasset on Saturday, Jan. 7, 2023.

A state trooper inspects an item that he found in the woods along Rt. 3A during their search for Ana Walshe near her home on Rt. 3A in Cohasset on Saturday, Jan. 7, 2023.

A state trooper inspects an item that he found in the woods along Rt. 3A during their search for Ana Walshe near her home on Rt. 3A in Cohasset on Saturday, Jan. 7, 2023.

Cohasset police brings a pump to pump out the water from the Walshe pool during their search for Ana Walshe near her home on Rt. 3A in Cohasset on Saturday, Jan. 7, 2023.

Cohasset police brings a pump to pump out the water from the Walshe pool during their search for Ana Walshe near her home on Rt. 3A in Cohasset on Saturday, Jan. 7, 2023.

State troopers gather by Cohasset Imports after conducting a search in the woods by the Ana Walshe home on Rt. 3A in Cohasset on Saturday, Jan. 7, 2023.

State troopers gather by Cohasset Imports after conducting a search in the woods by the Ana Walshe home on Rt. 3A in Cohasset on Saturday, Jan. 7, 2023.

[...]

(See 10 more photos at the link)

JAN 7, 2023

[...]

(See 10 more photos at the link)
Maybe I should have realized earlier but these pictures do not make it seem like they're looking for a living person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clarice34ON4ill