GUILTY MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning!

Hoping for a verdict today!

ETA: Is the Judge and jury going to come into the courtroom before beginning deliberations today or did I miss it?

Happening now...jury released for deliberations

I hope that instruction doesn't hang this jury.

It looks to me like the prosecution has someone monitoring comments on this trial and trying to change the rules as he sees no one is buying what he is trying to sell. This is why we are separated from England and have a constitution. You can't keep changing the rules until you get a conviction. RB must have been some kind of prostitute for her to get away with murder. All the reasons why MM is guilty in the CW's reasoning is why RB is innocent. Unbelievable.

I can hear Shapiro on the live feed, talking about suffocation or something but it's too quiet to make out. Anyone else listening?

Don't remember if this was posted yet - received in my Google Alert this morning and thought I'd share!

Lawyer blasts judge as jurors given Bella Bond case
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/lo..._blasts_judge_as_jurors_given_bella_bond_case

of course, it has Shapiro's famous words....

"I'm beside myself, you've just screwed up my whole case!"

and a bit more...

Shapiro accused Sanders of "buckling under" to prosecutors when just minutes before she sent the jury out to decide McCarthy's fate, she told them the state didn't have to exclude the possibility that one or more other persons were involved in killing Bella. They only have to prove McCarthy had a hand in the crime, as well.
[.....]
It has been his defense that his girlfriend, Bella's mother Rachelle Bond, 41, killed her daughter in the spring of 2015 and blamed him when state police closed in on the heroin-addicted Dorchester couple.

More in article!

An hour and forty-five minutes until the jurors start again....

:waiting:

They misquoted him! He said THE case not "my case".

I can hear Shapiro on the live feed, talking about suffocation or something but it's too quiet to make out. Anyone else listening?

I'm trying to listen but can't make out anything. I have my volume all the way up.

Predictions of when jury will be back with a verdict?

I think this evening or tomorrow morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Predictions of when jury will be back with a verdict?

I think this evening or tomorrow morning.

Before lunch, I think they wanted to sleep on their decision and have a final discussion this morning before presenting it.

That may be entirely wishful thinking however!

I'm worried a member of the jury will relate to RB. Perhaps her being "abused" and such will stick out possibly to some members. Even though they can't use their own personal experiences I'm sure some will be brought back to some unpleasant memories If in fact any members of the jury have been abused.

Oh man, I heard that part (at work). It was epic! I was commenting pretty loudly (like an old man Muppet in a balcony seat). I'm sure my co-worker next door was like whaaaa?

Old man Muppet:giggle::giggle: I do that at work too LOL

I really hope we get a verdict tomorrow! I have to have surgery Thursday and I don't want to miss it!

Lots of luck and speedy healing!

My immediate answer is yes, she'll be read her rights within a minute of a non guilty verdict... but then boy oh boy I stop and think CW really seems to think MM was the murderer. I just don't see it.
I really, really, really think there are some heavy politics going on behind the scenes and gross neglect on the investigation.
But I have faith the jury is going to get his one right.
How about you, what do you think?

I'm nervous to be honest. I hope they get it right but I don't feel confident about it.

I really think that if MM is found guilty of anything it will be Involuntary Manslaughter. I maybe can see the jury doing that even though I wouldn't be able to given the lack of evidence.

IMO it is unfair. Throughout the whole trial the prosecution theory has been that MM acted alone, that RB was a good loving mother and that she was terrorized/controlled by MM. They give RB a plea deal which in essence conveys they believe her story that MM acted alone. She gets to reap the benefits of the plea deal if there is a verdict. Now at the eleventh hour the judge allows the jury to consider that RB and MM may have done it together. I can see why Shapiro was furious about it. His whole premise has been that RB was not reliable and was the culprit. If the jury believes his theory they get to lump his client into it.

This is really driving me mad. How can they switch it up at the last minute? So, the CW is saying, "Believe our star witness! She's credible! She speaks the truth! Oh and PS, she may have killed her daughter too, but carry on."

It has to be today. What part of "beyond reasonable doubt" wouldn't they understand. There's mountains of doubt. They surely can't choose involuntary manslaughter, there's just zero evidence. None. That would be pure speculation.

Camera has moved position to focus on the Judge;s chair, are they expecting her back shortly?

Well, all I can think of is if they did that in the Casey Anthoney case she would be behind bars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow