GUILTY MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I called it hung on Friday. [emoji45]

If it's hung because of a not guilty hold out than I'm glad.

i am more thinking most are with ng but one or more want ms...thanks to the judge.

Here is to hoping something happens tomorrow. Such silence from them.

Does anyone else feel "guilty" thinking about being happy if he is found NG?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a reminder... tomorrow court doesn't start until 10:00am.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2017/06/23/bond/qp9OeLK7MCWOLLUKE3xU2I/story.html

Twenty-two hours have passed since Judge Janet Sanders sent the jury to deliberate Tuesday, following impassioned closings from the defense and prosecution.

Jurors have asked no questions or indicated that they are deadlocked in any way.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/06/23/baby-doe-bella-bond-murder-trial-verdict-michael-mccarthy

Over the course of the trial, 169 pieces of evidence were introduced, and 34 witnesses testified. The trial lasted for 15 days.

i am more thinking most are with ng but one or more want ms...thanks to the judge.
Either way as long as MM is not convicted as I feel like most here believe CW hasn't proven his case and there's much reasonable doubt.

I mean someone on here did a tally. What were the results?

Quick poll results. The post-trial results are the first number in bold, and the pre-trial results are in parentheses.

Option one - MM alone - 0 (1)

Option two - RB and MM in varying degrees - 9 (16)

Option three - RB alone - 24
(0)

Thanks Amonet! How about poll for verdict if you were a juror?

Here is to hoping something happens tomorrow. Such silence from them.

Does anyone else feel "guilty" thinking about being happy if he is found NG?

I don't feel guilty. I feel empathy.
I can't imagine what it's like to wait for 12 strangers to decide the rest of your life.

Knowing you were innocent.
Knowing the only witness against you lied to protect herself.
Knowing the truth but being unable to PROVE it.
I would be begging for a truth serum or something.

I know he's not an angel but I do believe he was clueless here.
I think he made a horrible choice in who he shacked up with.
Most men don't get life in prison for bad taste in women.
It's just a whole other level of tragedy on top of Bella's death.

I really hope if he is acquitted that he makes something of himself.
Stays sober, stays out of trouble and makes Bella proud.
He seemed to care for her more than either of her parents ever did.

as I understand this case for the cw to prove the case they tried their theory was that MM alone murdered Bella and RB was accessoryAFTER the fact...meaning it was MM alone. No joint venture...but at the end the judge and cw tried to pull a fast one and interject a bunch of other stuff because it was clear that cw had not proved their case. This case does not even come close to justice for Bella at all . I sort of feel like the cw needed a win here and will do anything to get it including changing the rules at the end with judge in their camp...no wonder that jury is hung at the point....had the cw not interjected manslaughter and how to can back peddle on the actual person who killed her when you gave RB a deal after pleading to AFTER the fact involvement really defies reason.

Do the jury themselves declare a hung vote or does the judge ask them after a specific amount of time? The fact they have asked no questions or anything makes me wonder if they are holding out on purpose, for a mistrial or something. Is that even possible?

As the sun set over Boston Harbor on Sunday, about two dozen people gathered on Deer Island for a sometimes contentious vigil in memory of Bella Bond, the 2-year-old girl whose remains were found washed up on the peninsula’s rocky shore on June 25, 2015.
But the mood turned fractious as the crowd discussed the ongoing trial of Michael McCarthy, 37, for Bella’s death.
“Our prayers to the jury. Definitely. It’s a hard job,” ...
...said there should have been a greater penalty for Rachelle Bond, who pleaded guilty to being an accessory after the fact to murder and who in exchange for her testimony will be credited with the time she has served since September 2015 and receive two years of probation.

“It’s shameful,” said the mother of two boys. “It questions the justice system.”

More at link...

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...d-was-found/oSsaom9uYu7Vge1fRQ98MK/story.html

Do the jury themselves declare a hung vote or does the judge ask them after a specific amount of time? The fact they have asked no questions or anything makes me wonder if they are holding out on purpose, for a mistrial or something. Is that even possible?

If the jury is unable to come to a unanimous verdict, they will send a note to the judge. Then the judge will call them in & tell them to keep trying. If it continues, the foreperson will let the judge know & it will be declared a mistrial by the judge.

As of now, there has not been any note of this nature sent to the judge.

Another day! Let's hope the jury gets it right today! Does anyone know if there is a verdict alert signup anywhere? I HAVE to get some things done today!

This case went to trial on a First Degree Murder charge. Guilty or not guilty. At the end of the trial suddenly there was a Second Degree option. Then Manslaughter option. Not a word in opening statements about second degree or manslaughter. This is just so totally unbelievable that the judge would allow this to happen.

It's as if the ADA trying this case is saying FIRST DEGREE MURDER! Okay, well if you will not buy that, how about SECOND DEGREE?? Well, will you buy Manslaughter?????

No justice for little Bella. May there be a NG verdict today.

JMO

Another day! Let's hope the jury gets it right today! Does anyone know if there is a verdict alert signup anywhere? I HAVE to get some things done today!

LawNewz has one. Sorry, I can't post the whole thing. Maybe someone else can...

Cathy @CCLawNewz
·
Jun 21

Follow @LawNewzVerdict. Click on the bell icon as shown here. You will receive a notification ONLY when a #verdict is reached in a case.

https://mobile.twitter.com/cclawnewz?lang=en

I'm embracing these jurors that they come together today in unity and make the right choice. Xo

[video=twitter;879322070848557061]https://twitter.com/Laurel_Sweet/status/879322070848557061[/video]

Does anyone know what time the jury are back to deliberate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member