MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great article in the Boston Globe:
http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...nocent-lost/7UrhaGK6aHxm1MfumaOR9L/story.html
On that 41st day, the results of the pollen analysis came back. Baby Doe had played among the pines and oaks of New England; she was dusted with traces of privet hedges and cedar-of-Lebanon, which are not native but are often planted in the suburbs. The soot mixed in with the pollen told investigators her surroundings were urban. Somewhere near Boston, they concluded.

A local girl.
For the investigators on the case, reported sightings locally now took on new weight.

I was just coming in to post this article. It's a great read. That detective sounds hellbent on finding out who she is which is hopeful. He's not giving up along with lots of others who this little girl haunts.

The teeth sealants is bugging me! It's just yet another thing that says people should recognize her! She wasn't a girl who was secluded from the world, people saw her.

So what women are missing,murdered,or suicides in the Boston area around that date?

(modsnip)

JMO

I was just coming in to post this article. It's a great read. That detective sounds hellbent on finding out who she is which is hopeful. He's not giving up along with lots of others who this little girl haunts.

The teeth sealants is bugging me! It's just yet another thing that says people should recognize her! She wasn't a girl who was secluded from the world, people saw her.

I find it strange that a woman would stop on a bridge and get out.......just to throw a garbage bag of rotten fruit out.I guess if it were Baby Doe ,she would have had numerous broken bones though.....

I find it strange that a woman would stop on a bridge and get out.......just to throw a garbage bag of rotten fruit out.I guess if it were Baby Doe ,she would have had numerous broken bones though.....
I thought that about the bag if fruit too. I mean, if you get out of the car to throw it out, why litter instead if just stopping at a dumpster? I hope they looked into that lead closely. How far up is the bridge? Does anyone know?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I think the teeth sealants was a mistake :( :

"Bad news came five days after Herman’s visit to Corey’s office. The dental sealant they had hoped could lead them straight to the girl’s identity was never there. It was a false positive, and another dead end."

So the analysis has only recently come back with results confirming she was local, at least for some time prior to being dumped on Deer island. So the test results confirm what LE has said from practically day one. Which makes me wonder about that initial statement that she was likely a local child. The test results were not what drove that original statement as the testing had not yet been done. So what DID drive that initial statement? Feels like something is still missing. How did they conclude so quickly she was likely local prior to these test results confirming that?

I think she will eventually be identified but it may take some time.

So the analysis has only recently come back with results confirming she was local, at least for some time prior to being dumped on Deer island. So the test results confirm what LE has said from practically day one. Which makes me wonder about that initial statement that she was likely a local child. The test results were not what drove that original statement as the testing had not yet been done. So what DID drive that initial statement? Feels like something is still missing. How did they conclude so quickly she was likely local prior to these test results confirming that?

I think she will eventually be identified but it may take some time.

u know I was wondering the same thing. Why people thought she was local.. All the boats in and out, could be anyone, but what makes them think shes local....... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm makes me wonder......

u know I was wondering the same thing. Why people thought she was local.. All the boats in and out, could be anyone, but what makes them think shes local....... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm makes me wonder......
JMO. its a local hang out and they must have known the area because they placed her right below this tall wall with some bushes...i know it looks wide open area in the photos but if you think about it, they could have been ducked down there getting rid of her body and no one would probably be paying attention. out of the direct line of sight...just right--esp if it was dark. people go there to relax, not be on alert. this rotten caretaker of hers is among us sadly. we live right near there but we are currently out of town with work. we are all racking our brains to find out who she might be. i firmly believe in my opinion the person has been in the area a while. odd how she died conveniently right before she reached the age where she would be possibly entering school. the police are working so hard on this. bless them.

I thought that about the bag if fruit too. I mean, if you get out of the car to throw it out, why litter instead if just stopping at a dumpster? I hope they looked into that lead closely. How far up is the bridge? Does anyone know?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

It's a very tall bridge. People commit suicide by jumping off of it.

Maybe LE originally believed that she was local because she was wrapped in a blanket. The blanket-wrapping suggests a mother or mother-figure. Mothers who kill their children tend to hide their bodies close to home. Casey Anthony is a good example of this (if you believe that she killed her daughter, which I do).

Tobin Bridge to Deer Island.jpgGreat article that outlines what has been being done to identify baby Doe. Not sure I am buying into the 'throwing a rotten bag of fruit' over the Tobin Bridge. Why not just heave it into a dumpster or compost it. Who has a garbage bag full of rotten fruit - it doesn't make sense really. Here is a map of the waterway from Tobin Bridge to Deer Island.

pollen test basically confirmed what the police already thought.

We don't know if she was wearing a top or if there were other items in the bag. If (for example) she was wearing a blouse from a local shop or a Red Sox t-shirt, it would have been a pretty good indication that she was local. The bag might also be of local manufacture.

[bbm]

Ria Convery, a spokeswoman for the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority, which operates the sewage treatment plant on Deer Island, said cameras are focused on the main part of the plant, but not in the public access area. Security guards are on duty at all times and conduct “regular rounds around the whole island,” Convery said.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2015/06/25/apparent-human-remains-found-deer-island/EEsj7gFuOy5eGeagBvlBaK/story.html

Exactly. We are hearing nothing about the bag...which is odd and they will not even remotely talk about the security cameras at the facility. It almost sounds like the cameras are not really operational. Are they for looks? Do they really have cameras? You would think with the patriot act and everything going on in the world that they would be semi-monitoring their facility and perimeter and who comes and goes...just in case something happened and they needed it later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413