MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I worked under the Tobin Bridge for 12 years. Found a gun in the parking lot, Found some ammo on the roof, not to mention the guy I watched jump and then went shaking as he rolled off the fence. One guy landed in the road. Then there was the guy that jumped and swam to the dock. He made his way to the third floor to ask the 3rd shift employee there for help.

Not to mention Charles Stewart who jumped after killing his pregnant wife following their Lamaze class.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Stuart_(murderer)

I have driven many times over the Tobin Bridge - the traffic is crazy. Not a place you casually pull over and toss your trash out. You take your life in your hands. For fruit?

"Fruit". Okay fine. Im thhinkin LE is on top of her.

MOO
Exactly!!! Wow what an eventful job you had!! I hope LE is looking into,even if it involved a crime other than Baby Doe!:scared:

I agree. Need new artist. IMO - Doubtful she looks like that. I think they've made her 'super uber cute' to a fault. :facepalm:
I don't think another artist is a bad idea but the artist that did her is a professional. The goal wasn't to make her cute, it was to get her identified. I'm 100% positive the artist did their very best and didn't care about how cute she was. That just wouldn't be professional at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I don't think another artist is a bad idea but the artist that did her is a professional. The goal wasn't to make her cute, it was to get her identified. I'm 100% positive the artist did their very best and didn't care about how cute she was. That just wouldn't be professional at all.

Not taking away from the artist. Professional but still human and subject to error. They wanted us to fall in love with her and have the need to find answers. We love all children. She has stuck with us. In that respect, they did good. Wouldn't hurt to have someone else take a shot. Can't hurt.

Not taking away from the artist. Professional but still human and subject to error. They wanted us to fall in love with her and have the need to find answers. We love all children. She has stuck with us. In that respect, they did good. Wouldn't hurt to have someone else take a shot. Can't hurt.
I certainly agree wth you there. I think another artist should take a shot at it. There's no way this child hasn't been in the public eye even if it's just to go shopping, someone has seen her. The fact that no one has could be because something about the photo isn't exactly right.

I mean there's a possibility she had been secluded all her life but I'm just not feeling that way about her for some reason.

I certainly agree wth you there. I think another artist should take a shot at it. There's no way this child hasn't been in the public eye even if it's just to go shopping, someone has seen her. The fact that no one has could be because something about the photo isn't exactly right.

I mean there's a possibility she had been secluded all her life but I'm just not feeling that way about her for some reason.

I'm with you on this one. She was out there, somewhere. Tweak the photo and attempt again to strike a nerve. Its ok for them to say "maybe we were off a little on how she looked" - whatever it takes to close it. Praying for her and them.

I worked under the Tobin Bridge for 12 years. Found a gun in the parking lot, Found some ammo on the roof, not to mention the guy I watched jump and then went shaking as he rolled off the fence. One guy landed in the road. Then there was the guy that jumped and swam to the dock. He made his way to the third floor to ask the 3rd shift employee there for help.

Not to mention Charles Stewart who jumped after killing his pregnant wife following their Lamaze class.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Stuart_(murderer)

I have driven many times over the Tobin Bridge - the traffic is crazy. Not a place you casually pull over and toss your trash out. You take your life in your hands. For fruit?

"Fruit". Okay fine. Im thhinkin LE is on top of her.

MOO
LOL. Goodness. You've seen a lot! Bless you. I thought about the bridge and how crazy it would be for someone to stop and throw fruit out, but hey, people are VERY crazy these days. They take chances they should not and do irresponsible things. How much you want to bet she was or is under surveillance? Any lead like this would not be taken lightly. I am surprised they have not said anything about the contents of baby doe's stomach. Unless there was nothing or something really generic that leads to nowhere, I don't know why they wouldn't mention it.

LOL. Goodness. You've seen a lot! Bless you. I thought about the bridge and how crazy it would be for someone to stop and throw fruit out, but hey, people are VERY crazy these days. They take chances they should not and do irresponsible things. How much you want to bet she was or is under surveillance? Any lead like this would not be taken lightly. I am surprised they have not said anything about the contents of baby doe's stomach. Unless there was nothing or something really generic that leads to nowhere, I don't know why they wouldn't mention it.

I'm sure LE would have scraped under her nails.I wonder what that showed? Skin,dirt,food,animal dander, etc?

i think she did a great job but i would like to see other interpretations.

I want to say a few because we picked up a couple from Kmart during Christmas. They were all stacked on a front shelf for a low price. All different patterns...including the one found with baby doe. Now, I remember going to other stores and saying ugh, there's that same exact throw, same pattern for a cheaper price. lol. I picked up some there too. So, apparently this item is stocked in several places in MA, New England area, and worldwide. I have not seen these throws since in any store. But maybe it's not the season for them yet. JMO
I thought target carried cannon

I thought target carried cannon
Target carries it too. December was a busy time for me. Either Target had them cheaper or Kmart. I dont know. I remember being disappointed I wasted money at the first store I purchased them at. JMO. I wonder if the manufacture tag traces back to a specific lot--which would make it easier to narrow down where it was shipped to, sold to, etc. I'm going to go look at mine and see whats on it...just for the sake of curiosity.

I'm sure LE would have scraped under her nails.I wonder what that showed? Skin,dirt,food,animal dander, etc?
Not to be morbid, if she had no fingerprints because she was in the water so long, what shape would her nails be in? Did she have nails after being submerged so long? Would that just fall off into the bag? I wonder if the bag was found tied or open. Did the lady walking her dog open it or were the contents already coming out of the bag, where she could she see right into it?

I'm sure she was in public at some point but to identify her I would think they'd need someone alot closer to her to do that. How many ppl can ID someone they've seen at a store, restaurant etc

Not to be morbid, if she had no fingerprints because she was in the water so long, what shape would her nails be in? Did she have nails after being submerged so long? Would that just fall off into the bag? I wonder if the bag was found tied or open. Did the lady walking her dog open it or were the contents already coming out of the bag, where she could she see right into it?

http://www.enkivillage.com/how-long-does-it-take-for-a-body-to-decompose.html

The duration it takes for a dead body to decompose depends on various factors, any of which may affect the necessary time it takes to break the body down. If a dead body is inside a coffin and buried deep underground for instance, the body could even take 50 years for every tissue of the body to disappear. However, if the body is exposed to the elements, the decaying process will be very fast. The most important thing to remember in decomposition is the exposure of the dead body to bacteria. In order to survive, bacteria need oxygen and are found in large concentrations in water. Therefore, if a dead body is exposed to water or air, then it will dramatically decompose. Insects and animals will feed on tissues if a dead body is exposed to them, and this also quickens the decomposing process.

Average Time Needed for a Body to Decompose

How long does it take for a body to decompose? The exact time differs.*When a person’s heart stops pumping blood to the body, the cells and tissues are denied oxygen and rapidly start dying.Substantial decomposition mostly occurs in the course of two weeks, and the body’s soft tissues start disintegrating even with preservation. If the body does not get enough protection from the elements, it can even skeletonize in a space of a year. However, the teeth and bones can last even for a hundred years if the soil is not highly acidic and warm. The following table shows body decomposition after death in a timeline (in moderate temperature).How Long Does It Take for Body to Decompose?TimelineWhat Happens24-72 hours after deathInternal organs begin to decompose.3-5 days after deathBody starts bloating. Blood-containng foam begins leaking from mouth and nose.8-10 days after deathMassive decompostion of organs in abdomin accumulate massive gas; body turns from green to red becuase of blood decomposition.Several weeks after deathNails and teeth begin to fall

I'm sure she was in public at some point but to identify her I would think they'd need someone alot closer to her to do that. How many ppl can ID someone they've seen at a store, restaurant etc
I think they are hoping her photo resonates with family, someone in her inner circle, store clerks, etc where her caretaker was a regular. You know, a place maybe the person went in routinely...perhaps wagging the kid along with them. People love kids (for the most part). You cant help but smile and notice them. I bet LE was hoping their baby doe carried that blanket around with her in public. Some kids have a comfort item.

BBM: The condition of her fingertips would be compromised by aquatic activity (not knowing if anything were done to her pads pre-disposal can also figure into the inability to recover usable prints, keywords are "usable prints"). Also under advisement is where might her fingerprints be registered, most youngsters are NOT routinely printed. From general experience, I would expect that her pads were damaged by nibbling critters vs abrasions from the rocks/gravel.
UBM: Her nails should & would be present, even tho it was probably futile, the nail beds were scraped for detritus. Nope, neither the fingernails nor toenails would just fall off into the bag.....at that point of discovery (too short of time).

IIRC, no specifics have been released regarding the physical condition of the bag other than it was "commercial". IMHO, the bag was exposed to the elements via the opening (even if "tied", the generalized movement of the tides probably would "open it a bit") and the dog headed over to "investigate". Like any good doggie Mom, she probably investigated too! The first responding officer indicated that he saw her tiny feet so there was environmental exposure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413