MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know Atlas Cedar was that closely related. Thanks!

"A majority of the modern sources treat it as a distinct species Cedrus atlantica, but some sources consider it a subspecies of Lebanon cedar (C. libani subsp. atlantica)
A majority of the modern sources[3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10] treat it as a distinct species Cedrus atlantica, but some sources[11][12] consider it a subspecies of Lebanon cedar (C. libani subsp. atlantica)"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cedrus_atlantica#cite_note-12

-----------------------------------------------------------
A Landscaper might call it Lebanon Cedar but a botanist likely would not. However would a horticulturist reading the list just simplify it for a reporter? Possibly, IMO
Or the reporter would haha.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/08/12/baby-doe-pollen-tests-deer-island-girl-massachusetts/
"Investigators approached Michael Dosmann, the Curator of Living Collections at Harvard’s Arnold Arboretum, with the list.

“Looking at that listing, that gives you an idea – where would you find those types of plants, what’s that landscape look like?” Dosmann told WBZ-TV.
The horticulturist determined the pollen to be from local species – native and otherwise"

------------------------------------------------------------------------
But 40 different species of plants collected from evidence were identified - so we, the public, just don't have that information.

MOO

lol i have to laugh.. i have three Mexican sons and they were all 95% for both height and weight. the 20 year old ended up 6"1 and 180 and the 17 year old is 6"5 and 200 and still growing, the baby is projected to be 6"2.

maybe indigenous Mexicans from Oaxaca are small but most Mexicans i know are pretty average sized and their kids pretty robust.

U know I wonder the same about her being sick. But I do know allot of Mexicans that are small, and the children much smaller than your average white child. But I have been wondering about the sick thing. I also know that some things they know and won't release info. In hopes someone will come forward and know something that they know and didn't release..ya know I dunno I'm going insane trying to find her name and give this baby peace.. makes me cry. I keep thinking and wondering if it was peaceful, did she have comfort when she died, was she with loving people. Was she scared. I'm so upset...

my sister lives in teh melrose area and got married at some estate there... we all readied downtown at a hotel and a chartered bus picked us up. driver hit every pot hole on the road and we went flying several times. scary ride!

Right ... Boston drivers. Have experienced it - was passing through Boston and got stuck in the tunnel late in the afternoon and at the tail end of a funeral procession to boot. Felt very safe ....... not. Love your wit and it made me smile which is a good thing amidst this case.

"she was dusted with traces of privet hedges and cedar-of-Lebanon, which are not native but are often planted in the suburbs" The news, newspapers, updated billboard and a Facebook post reposted over and over should ask people if their neighbors have these specific types of trees.

I think they are hoping her photo resonates with family, someone in her inner circle, store clerks, etc where her caretaker was a regular. You know, a place maybe the person went in routinely...perhaps wagging the kid along with them. People love kids (for the most part). You cant help but smile and notice them. I bet LE was hoping their baby doe carried that blanket around with her in public. Some kids have a comfort item.

Agreed, I'm sure that's what they were hoping as well. One problem with that is alot of ppl are very self involved, don't pay much attention to comings/goings of others and so on. Look at how many ppl don't even know their neighbors even after living by them for years. Society in general is much more removed from real human interaction than it was in the past. jmo

Agreed, I'm sure that's what they were hoping as well. One problem with that is alot of ppl are very self involved, don't pay much attention to comings/goings of others and so on. Look at how many ppl don't even know their neighbors even after living by them for years. Society in general is much more removed from real human interaction than it was in the past. jmo
That would be me. I've lived here for over 10 years and only know 2 of my neighbors (neither lives next door, and I only know him because the 2 of them are dating.) It's not so much that I'm self involved as it is that I almost never go outside unless I have an appointment or need groceries. There also seems to be a high turnover rate in this area, so people are constantly moving in or out.

I think that's a rather common thing with apartment living, so maybe that's where she came from. Are there many apartment complexes close by there?

How far out from the location that she was found do they have the buliten/billboards located with her on it? Was just curious, are they just in the town she was found, or also in other nearby towns? Just my thoughts opinions, but something is just off about this.. after all this time, and nobody has claimed her, or indentified her is just really weird. Once again my thoughts, but either the image is off somewhere, or the test stating she was in the area is off. I'm not saying people aren't doing a good job, I know they are working hard on this, and as they have stated themself it has them baffled as well. I wish there was other images, because of the decomposition and swelling etc, the image could be slightly different than what she may actually look like. I looked up images of decomp of a body for a few days, in water, it of water, heat etc. And swelling starts almost immediately as soon as blood flow stops and organs stop. I was trying to see difference, and some images were so purple blueish, and swolen that I would've never have guessed they were the person that was identified to the before picture. I know this sounds gruesome, but it raised questions of her composite. Once again I know she did the best she could, and that's great. I just keep wondering if the image is off since they have nothing on her..

2015-08-18-02-06-22-957916230.jpegimages-23.jpeg2015-08-13-07-58-09-1402415743.jpeg2015-08-18-02-06-22-957916230.jpegAhhhh, just thought about something. What if she is missing from a totally different area, for many years and a non custodial parent had her, and they been living in Boston in that area for some time. If she was missing from a totally diff place, state, country, and can missing for years.
I thought of this because of this
http://www.forthelost.org/family/bluehorse.html

Is the dna compared to all children even if they are missing from another country?

I'm trying not to sound crazy, but I'm going crazy, thinking of everything. I looked up children from. Northwest Pacific area and found this little girl. Also wonder that because if she was born in that area she would have records at a hospital, so I now wonder if she was born somewhere completely different, and a parent ran away with her and have been hiding her out in Boston. I'm not saying that pic is her, I'm jus showing the coincidence of missing children in other places, that have similarities. If the mother had more then one child that she ran when hiding she wouldn't turn herself in for one she would already have a warrant for kidnapping and would also lose other children...
Possible?

View attachment 80191View attachment 80192View attachment 80193View attachment 80191Ahhhh, just thought about something. What if she is missing from a totally different area, for many years and a non custodial parent had her, and they been living in Boston in that area for some time. If she was missing from a totally diff place, state, country, and can missing for years.

Is the dna compared to all children even if they are missing from another country?

I'm trying not to sound crazy, but I'm going crazy, thinking of everything. I looked up children from. Northwest Pacific area and found this little girl. Also wonder that because if she was born in that area she would have records at a hospital, so I now wonder if she was born somewhere completely different, and a parent ran away with her and have been hiding her out in Boston. I'm not saying that pic is her, I'm jus showing the coincidence of missing children in other places, that have similarities. If the mother had more then one child that she ran when hiding she wouldn't turn herself in for one she would already have a warrant for kidnapping and would also lose other children...
Possible?
Anything is possible. I saw this on the news: (unrelated to baby doe) but something to think about. http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/08/16/auburn-foster-child-dies-dcf/ - MA just had a child die while in the custody of foster care parents. Very sad.

View attachment 80191View attachment 80192View attachment 80193View attachment 80191Ahhhh, just thought about something. What if she is missing from a totally different area, for many years and a non custodial parent had her, and they been living in Boston in that area for some time. If she was missing from a totally diff place, state, country, and can missing for years.

Possible?

I have thought about this many times too! I've also wondered if she could be from far away, but brought to Boston shortly before she died. So there would be polen on her, but maybe they went to a park there the day before she died? Just a thought. I hope they don't rule out children from far and wide unless they have more of a reason to KNOW she is local.

I have thought about this many times too! I've also wondered if she could be from far away, but brought to Boston shortly before she died. So there would be polen on her, but maybe they went to a park there the day before she died? Just a thought. I hope they don't rule out children from far and wide unless they have more of a reason to KNOW she is local.

Oh wow this is EXACTLY what's been on my mind as well. Everything seems to point to nobody knows her. I posted that previously somewhere curious to the same remark u made.... great great thinking...

Anything is possible. I saw this on the news: (unrelated to baby doe) but something to think about. http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/08/16/auburn-foster-child-dies-dcf/ - MA just had a child die while in the custody of foster care parents. Very sad.

I wonder if they are foster children, that means they are in system, correct? So she would have info on file... do u know? I don't know much about foster care, but surely they could find foster parents in area they state and question them. If that's the case I hope that's being looked at as well. I wish we could have update on idea of the steps they have taken to rule people out so we could stop going crazy over here wondering so much.. lol

I keep trying to figure out, why there... why put her body there, was it with intentions on wanting her found, or thinking she wouldn't be found? Is that area populated? Was it becausenative they thought people would think she washed up there from the treatment plant? They had a idea that one of the employees might be involved, why? Is it because the bag came from the treatment plant?I would jus think if I wanted her found I would put her in area to be foun& if I didn't want her found,I would do opposite. I'm not a killer so I don't know what I would do, and apparently they didn't either. Im wondering why that area, of all places to put her what's there? I'm convinced whole heartedly she's only lived here short time and shes originally far from here. Even more convinced her image is off.. the autopsy can't find cause of death, can they not get another opinion. Maybe they have, maybe they know way more and just can't tell us bc of jeopardizing the case.... don't know..

we will know more when the isotope tests come back.

Somebody asked about apartments in the area -- large sections of Boston and surrounding towns are filled with older multifamily dwellings called "triple-deckers," which are three-story units with one apartment per floor. Usually they're packed in close together with small or nonexistent yards, so the density is pretty great.

Here's an article about them: http://centersandsquares.com/2009/04/24/triple-decker-house-style-three-family-houses-in-cambridge/

There are garden apartments, apartment complexes, and apartment towers as well, but I'd say the majority of rental and condo housing in the immediate Boston area is probably still the triple-deckers.

Somebody asked about apartments in the area -- large sections of Boston and surrounding towns are filled with older multifamily dwellings called "triple-deckers," which are three-story units with one apartment per floor. Usually they're packed in close together with small or nonexistent yards, so the density is pretty great.

Here's an article about them: http://centersandsquares.com/2009/04/24/triple-decker-house-style-three-family-houses-in-cambridge/

There are garden apartments, apartment complexes, and apartment towers as well, but I'd say the majority of rental and condo housing in the immediate Boston area is probably still the triple-deckers.

What kind of trees are around the triple-deckers?

What kind of trees are around the triple-deckers?

I think it can depend on the age of the houses and the neighborhood, but my husband lived in a triple-decker in Worcester (a small city a little west of Boston) when we were in college there; the house was about 100 years old (in the 1990's) and the neighborhood was full of massive old trees such as maples, elms, oaks and sycamores.

that is what i observed when i went for my sister's wedding. we VBRO'd a condo in cambridge that was a triple decker.

Does anyone have a link of the girls that have been compared to her and was eliminated? A link to the children eliminated?

Maybe I'm alone on this or read through too quick. My first impression of the pollen information was that this is residue that was embedded on her, meaning testing showed long term exposure to these specific pollens. Hence, an educated, more than a guess determination that she was from the Boston area. However, the more I read I am now wondering if the reported "dusting" of pollen on the clothing and hair was just from her last environment and/or short term. Possible within hours. I did read that pollen can survive on clothing through washing. What is everyone's take on this? I can't find any info googling. If short term, than her being from the Boston area could be way off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413