MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This article (dated 9/14/15) basically says there's no prediction when the DNA results for Emili will be disclosed.

http://www.jaraguaam.com.br/jornali...ultado-de-dna-sem-previsao-para-ser-divulgado

Translated with Google Translate:

"No forecast for the dissemination of the report that compared the DNA of Emili Anacleto Miranda's mother to the girl found dead in a river in the United States

According to the Bureau of Missing in Florianópolis, the American Police shall disclose the results later this month, however, there is still no confirmation of date. Initially, it was predicted that the result was even released last month, however, there was a delay in the arrival of genetic material to the United States. Instead the material is Envido via pouch, the US police officer led him personally, which led to the delay.
On July 29, US expert - crowded at the US Embassy in Brasilia - was in Jaragua do Sul to collect saliva samples from Emili's mother, Josenilda Alves Miranda. The review was requested by the Bureau of Jaragua do Sul, through the Bureau of Missing Persons Florianópolis, after netizens reporting similarity between Emili, missing since May 2014, with the girl found dead in the United States. Emili has been missing since May 21 from last year."

This article (dated 9/14/15) basically says there's no prediction when the DNA results for Emili will be disclosed.

http://www.jaraguaam.com.br/jornali...ultado-de-dna-sem-previsao-para-ser-divulgado

Translated with Google Translate:

"No forecast for the dissemination of the report that compared the DNA of Emili Anacleto Miranda's mother to the girl found dead in a river in the United States

According to the Bureau of Missing in Florianópolis, the American Police shall disclose the results later this month, however, there is still no confirmation of date. Initially, it was predicted that the result was even released last month, however, there was a delay in the arrival of genetic material to the United States. Instead the material is Envido via pouch, the US police officer led him personally, which led to the delay.
On July 29, US expert - crowded at the US Embassy in Brasilia - was in Jaragua do Sul to collect saliva samples from Emili's mother, Josenilda Alves Miranda. The review was requested by the Bureau of Jaragua do Sul, through the Bureau of Missing Persons Florianópolis, after netizens reporting similarity between Emili, missing since May 2014, with the girl found dead in the United States. Emili has been missing since May 21 from last year."

Thanks for translating! Well, poo-poo! The picture sure does look like Emili...

the little boy from texas whose mom left his body in maine did something akin to burking.

One thing that I keep going obsessing about is the autopsy. I keep thinking how is there no cause of death. One article I read (from July) stated it was a preliminary autopsy and it would be several months before the comprehensive autopsy information would be available. So I've went and read up a bit, I've learned that a preliminary report is usually available within 24-48 hours of the autopsy, it's called a "provisional anatomical diagnosis" and it takes approx 6 weeks to 2 months for the full results to come back. If the autopsy was performed the first week of July then we. Should have the full findings by now, and perhaps we do,a d perhaps they are the "undetermined" results.

I've read an autopsy consists of external (hair, nail samples, body radiographer, wounds examined, body cleaned, weighed, gender sex etc documented, then an internal exam is performed of all internal organs to look for signs of injury, illness, disease, etc, in addition, tests are performed including toxicology like stomach contents and chemical poisons, and bio chemical and genetic analysis. I know these would include some of the isotope, pollen, and DNA samples we've heard of and are awaiting further testing.

If her autopsy has indeed shown, as a final conclusion, as "undetermined", that leaves to the conclusion that she died in a manner they cannot determine. I reviewed the top ten causes of death, per most recent published by the CDC, year 2013. They are list from 1-10 most common to least for child ages 1-4: unintentional injury, congenital abnormality, homicide, malignant neoplasm, heart disease, influenza/pneumonia, chronic lower respiratory disease, septicemia, benign neoplasm, perinatal period.

Of those, which would possibly not show on an autopsy? With research (listed below) so far I'm concluding so far: unintentional injury, congenital abnormality, and homicide, heart disease (if a birth defect of heart is heart disease I'm not a medical professional, if heart disease is only the type caused by buildup of plaque and high blood pressure then ignore this I'm not well versed here). I haven't went farther down the list, but due to length of forensic findings, wanted to share findings of the top 5 causes of death.

*******One interesting very common aspect I found in the forensic autopsy findings is that they tend to use a combination of findings or lack thereof IN ADDITION TO the information available from family/friends/first responders who discover the victim to determine cause of death. When one half of the information is missing (no family to tell how person was found or feeling/complaining in hours/days leading up to cause of death), it makes determine of death much more difficult and thus "UNDETERMINED" is used if no autopsy findings can be found.

Causes of death that often or never cannot be determined on autopsy include (especially without info from family/friends):

*SIDS (birth-5 years can be victims of SIDS).

*Cardiac scenarios like R and T syndrome or Ward-Ramano Syndrome, both are present from birth, cause irregularities with the heart beating, and can make the heart strip immediately, cannot often be found by diagnostic tests by docs, cannot be found in autopsy.

*rare occasions hereditary diseases (ward-ramano), hazardous enviro conditions (unsafe water?), unusual toxic exposure (carbon dioxide or methane gas), unsafe consumer products (cribs), are the cause, and with information provided from scene this is the determination.

* although it is rare on occasion an "undetermined" is listed on autopsy. The pathology is reserved, often for decades. In some situations, these results are later used to determine new diseases (as in the case of undetermined deaths from the 1950s, pulled decades later when HIV was determined and AIDS was discovered to be cause of death of those from the 1950s).

There are several undetermined manners of accidental, homicidal, suicide, and natural death that will often or always show no signs of death on autopsy. No evidence will be found externally or internally. Some include:

*asphyxia - choking for example, if choking I'm removed prior to death and no one available to relay choking occurrence.
* smothering - ex: plastic bag over head. Pillow used pushed down over head or face pushed down into pillow.
* mechanical asphyxia - pressure outside body prevents breathing (car accidents/riots/stuck in well/drug or alcohol induced and asleep face down). But in drug/alcohol induced the toxicology will show toxins, car accident will possibly show other injuries, etc, and other factors will often traumas will be known or show on the body as evidence. Therefore this is unlikely in this case.

* BURKING - sitting on chest of individual and hands over nose mouth, combined causes suffocation and asphyxia. No trauma will be seen in many children or in drunk/drugged adult.

* suffocating gases - carbon monoxide and methane exposure that limits oxygen exposure and causes death will not show on autopsy as cause of death. Carbon monoxide will show on toxicology but is naturally occurring in blood tests therefore without info to determine exposure to excess co2, cannot be determined. Methane in natural gas like cooking/heating, will show in blood test but only exposure to not cause of death.

Source: Google books: Forensic Pathology pages 231-245.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What about distance? Do women tend to leave children closer to home and fathers leave children further from home? Seems I read something about this, but have no articles to back up thoughts. Of course, if they are transient then they really have no home and chose water because of being homeless.

I don't have the links either, sorry, But the Father is farther and the Mom is home, The father is dirt and the Mother is wet, IIRC.

MOO

Ha. No we don't actually live IN the swamp;) well some people do. We wear boots in the winter - like pretty brown leather boots like the rest of the country and rain lots when it rains. but unless you are going crawfishing, hunting, or fishing, you don't need boots. Duck Hunting we wear waders - rubber boots all the way up to your crotch area- for lack of a better word. Hmm. Groin maybe.

Umm. OK I want to reply so bad But I am sure I would get the "boot".

ETA: "pretty boots" Shakin my bald head, LOL

I didn't have time to read your whole post, sorry at work... BUt what about fishing, is that a migratory occupation that may bring people to the New England area?

So fishing. Not really, unless you are off George's bank where the ground fish are and have big boats. But for us in-shore guys we wait for the blues and stripers to come up from The Jersey Shore. And then those of us further north in North Shore MA, NH and ME,,, well we just sit and fish.

MOO

In regards to women being more likely to place children in/near water and men are more likely to bury, I would bet this has a lot more to do with men "usually" being stronger and more used to digging and having more access to tools. I know that's stereotyping, and I certainly don't mean it offensively, just a thought.

IMO since she was found near a city and known to have lived in the city for at least a period of time, I think that being in/near the water was more a place of convenience and less a gender preference for disposal. I would think city dwellers would be less used to digging large holes/have access to land. In rural scenarios, finding land for burying something without anyone watching could be easy, not so much in a fairly urban/suburban area.

Just some thoughts.

In regards to women being more likely to place children in/near water and men are more likely to bury, I would bet this has a lot more to do with men "usually" being stronger and more used to digging and having more access to tools. I know that's stereotyping, and I certainly don't mean it offensively, just a thought.

IMO since she was found near a city and known to have lived in the city for at least a period of time, I think that being in/near the water was more a place of convenience and less a gender preference for disposal. I would think city dwellers would be less used to digging large holes/have access to land. In rural scenarios, finding land for burying something without anyone watching could be easy, not so much in a fairly urban/suburban area.

Just some thoughts.

Wonderfully interesting. I was thinking nurturing v. fixing. So I wonder if city dwelling gives a Mom more closeness.

But then Jeremiah Oliver, who was tossed off the highway and didn't need a large hole, lived in an area that was less close-knit. So I stick to men, dirt and women, water. LOL.

MOO

:waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting::thewave:

Wonderfully interesting. I was thinking nurturing v. fixing. So I wonder if city dwelling gives a Mom more closeness.

But then Jeremiah Oliver, who was tossed off the highway and didn't need a large hole, lived in an area that was less close-knit. So I stick to men, dirt and women, water. LOL.

MOO

You have me leaning toward a woman being responsible for Baby Doe now...

Searching around for crops that migrant workers might be picking or gathering in eastern Massachusetts and came up with a top 10 cash crops:

Massachusetts Top 10 Cash Crops

1 Cranberries Bbl N/A 14.6 143.8 2,100 $70.900 $148,890
2 Marijuana Lb N/A N/A N/A 13 $3,120.000 $40,329
3 Hay, All Ton N/A 101 1.66 168 $134.000 $22,512
4 Apples, All Commercial Lb N/A N/A N/A 63,500 $0.320 $20,320
5 Tobacco, All Lb N/A 1.11 1,690.00 1,876 $9.500 $17,822
6 Potatoes, All Cwt 2.7 2.7 250 675 $7.050 $4,759
7 Peaches, Freestone Lb N/A N/A N/A 1,800 $0.700 $1,260
8 Maple Syrup Gal N/A N/A N/A 44 $31.000 $1,364

http://norml.org/legal/item/massachusetts-top-10-cash-crops

There are lots and lots of farms... Too many to list. :gaah:

Someone else posted the theory of a member of her family being a restaurant worker, perhaps a dish washer? Maybe Baby Doe was slowing them down? Just a random thought there.

ive always thought it was either a woman (single young mom, possibly w a habit) or mom covering for bf.

You have me leaning toward a woman being responsible for Baby Doe now...

Searching around for crops that migrant workers might be picking or gathering in eastern Massachusetts and came up with a top 10 cash crops:

Massachusetts Top 10 Cash Crops

1 Cranberries Bbl N/A 14.6 143.8 2,100 $70.900 $148,890
2 Marijuana Lb N/A N/A N/A 13 $3,120.000 $40,329
3 Hay, All Ton N/A 101 1.66 168 $134.000 $22,512
4 Apples, All Commercial Lb N/A N/A N/A 63,500 $0.320 $20,320
5 Tobacco, All Lb N/A 1.11 1,690.00 1,876 $9.500 $17,822
6 Potatoes, All Cwt 2.7 2.7 250 675 $7.050 $4,759
7 Peaches, Freestone Lb N/A N/A N/A 1,800 $0.700 $1,260
8 Maple Syrup Gal N/A N/A N/A 44 $31.000 $1,364

http://norml.org/legal/item/massachusetts-top-10-cash-crops

There are lots and lots of farms... Too many to list. :gaah:

yes , that is why, I question the image.... Many that i have looked at that have been sketched all have similar qualities. Although im sure they have done the best they can do, Nothing is ever perfect, and im pretty certain there are some things not a accurate, especially with a bloated swollen bruised discolored face... When I was looking On the NAMEUS us website under unidentified bodies, they actually will show the actual image of some of the dead people .. and the decomp that has taken place on some it would be near about impossible to draw a image of what they looked like due too all the swelling of the face....Swelling was worse than the actual discoloration. So it would be very hard.. Hopefully its close enough, but do question the image MYSELF. Just my opinion...
Another sad story of a toddler found in 1968 in Missouri and never identified. Amazing how much her sketch looks like the Deer Island little girl.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/sketch-released-in-push-to-identify-toddler-found-dead-in-1968/

okay, so i have been looking at missing women, from today's date up to a month before our girl was found. Ive looked in the New England states, and there s few missing from those areas. Could the caregiver possibly be a mother, that either will end up our has already had the same fate as our girl, or a mother that was responsible for this and is on the run and hiding... Maybe even a female caregiver that is running hiding, or something happened to her as well.... Ive posted links for those dates.. See what u might think.. You can also read the circumstances and view the females pics..
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/search

its a possibility, anything is. i still have my suspicions that the caregiver did this though.

its a possibility, anything is. i still have my suspicions that the caregiver did this though.
i def believe a caregiver is responsible, whether it be a mother, a aunt, father uncle, friend. the list keeps going.. thats why i was looking at missing people close to that area around those dates, someone that did this could very well be on the run now, and if they worked or someone noticed they were missing they couldve reported them. thats why i was looking to see about other missing people.. adults...

it so strange

I had high hopes this little girl would have her long before now. When she wasn't identified quickly I leaned towards a child who had been abducted as a baby but with many on the list eliminated I am wondering something else now. Maybe it is baby doe's mother who was abducted as a child and had given birth to her while captive. It is mind boggling to me no one in this child's world is missing and searching for her, although I can fathom that some people do not have any concerned family in their lives.

okay, so i have been looking at missing women, from today's date up to a month before our girl was found. Ive looked in the New England states, and there s few missing from those areas. Could the caregiver possibly be a mother, that either will end up our has already had the same fate as our girl, or a mother that was responsible for this and is on the run and hiding... Maybe even a female caregiver that is running hiding, or something happened to her as well.... Ive posted links for those dates.. See what u might think.. You can also read the circumstances and view the females pics..

:wave: Floridian! I'm getting a NamUs Page with no information. It's asking me to input a name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow