MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the beginning he seemed to me like a big doofus kind of guy, not devious or manipulative. I can't imagine him writing those texts about not mentioning Bella in housing court; he doesn't seem capable of thinking ahead and trying to cover his behind just in case. I do not see it.

I just can't for the life of me figure out what the CW sees that we don't. I wonder if they are regretting the charges.

I bet they are! Remember MM in court that first day totally dumbfounded? I bet he was. He just had surgery and LE came in while he was in the hospital & hit him with this. We didn't know what to think then.

No doubt in my mind now that RB murdered Bella and orchestrated disposing her after implicating MM.

From the beginning he seemed to me like a big doofus kind of guy, not devious or manipulative. I can't imagine him writing those texts about not mentioning Bella in housing court; he doesn't seem capable of thinking ahead and trying to cover his behind just in case. I do not see it.

I just can't for the life of me figure out what the CW sees that we don't. I wonder if they are regretting the charges.

I think he wrote the text about not to mention Bella in housing court was to not arouse suspicions she had been taken by CSS because maybe a stipulation in the terms. He wrote " Because we love her too much" in the present tense not in the past tense or he would have written loved instead of love.

That interview was mind-blowing. There is no way he was the manipulative, controlling boyfriend RB made him out to be. She is the calculated, manipulative one, and apparently she succeeded in manipulating law enforcement too. I am simply floored by the DA's decision to charge MM and give RB a deal. The whole thing is a travesty of justice and I fear no one will be held responsible for poor Bella's murder. How terribly tragic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why did the Commonwealth play that interview????

It does not support their case- were they thinking it was going to come out anyway?

I think he wrote the text about not to mention Bella in housing court was to not arouse suspicions she had been taken by CSS because maybe a stipulation in the terms. He wrote " Because we love her too much" in the present tense not in the past tense or he would have written loved instead of love.

I should clarify - I believe he wrote the texts; but not with the intention of "just in case they find Bella and I have to pretend I didn't know".

ETA - I clarified my post. :)

Why did the Commonwealth play that interview????

It does not support their case- were they thinking it was going to come out anyway?

And basically he just testified without being cross examined.

I'm so confused! If he didn't know about Bella then who helped RB? Is it just a coincidence she was put in an area that MM knew of? Could she have known about that spot and maybe rented a car? What about the refrigerator, if he lived there, how did she hide that and he didn't know? I also think what she said he did to her, hitting her in the head etc. she actually did to him!

Here's a thought if they both took part in this killing then wouldn't they have practiced a story to tell LE if caught so it matched? Why would MM come up with the story that he had no idea she was killed and thought she was with DSS. Wouldn't it be a team story? That does not seem like a pre planned story to me. He really sounded surprised.

I think she created this whole story to make herself look innocent when JA came pounding on the door looking for Bella he was not going to stop until he saw his daughter. She knew eventually this was going to surface so she went back to her place alone, wouldn't let JA go and while showering thought up a story, she decided to throw MM under the bus so JA would protect her, be on her side after all JA was the one who called DSS on her many times before.

I'm so confused! If he didn't know about Bella then who helped RB? Is it just a coincidence she was put in an area that MM knew of? Could she have known about that spot and maybe rented a car? What about the refrigerator, if he lived there, how did she hide that and he didn't know? I also think what she said he did to her, hitting her in the head etc. she actually did to him!

Maybe he was so strung out he didn't notice? Maybe she told him the fridge was broken so he never bothered to open it. Could be one of her lowlife friends helped her put Bella in the water. Ugh she makes me sick.

I had a thought, although he probably would have admitted it, but...what if he thought he was helping her get rid of something, not Bella, but something she didn't want to put at the curb?

It could have been any of her drug connections who helped her. Friends from Methadone clinic, etc That area was where many drug addicts hung out, homeless, etc. many others knew about that place.

When Srinsky wanted to bring milk over for Bella, MM told him the fridge was broken. Maybe RB told him that & he believed her.

RB really avoided the whole fridge thing when she testified...and so did the CW. We all commented on that.

RB really avoided the whole fridge thing when she testified...and so did the CW. We all commented on that.

Right...but if she was in there for a week or more, with him living there...was he that strung out to never go in the fridge because she said so? I honestly want to believe he had nothing to do with any of it but there are still a lot of questions about who helped her. I believe she did it. I really want him to be acquitted just so hopefully he can talk and we can hear his side!

As of now I would be more apt to send her to prison then him. DA is almost finished then defense is up. Defense will probably convince me even more of his innocence. As of now I could not even convict him of involuntary manslaughter.

Maybe fridge actually was broken or she lied. Bella may have never been in there at all. RB is a proven liar. IMO

Shapiro said he had 7-8 possible witnesses. Will one of those be someone from the library saying who checked those 2 books out...someone other than MM?

hmmm. I think its a bit of a lie though that MM told police that he wasn't in a relationship (gf/bf) with RB... I mean those texts where RB referred to him as daddy and stuff seems like a relationship to me... Why would e lie about that? To remove himself or try to remove himself from that home?

I didn't hear that audio clip, I will take a listen later on and come back with some comments.... (does anyone know what part the jury was not to see of the transcript?)

About the fridge - can someone refresh me how that info came out? RB said Bella was in the fridge? Why has that not come up at all during this trial....

Seriously the one day im gone and this action happened.
In my jammies with a red vino and ready to listen till hubs gets home.
Thank you so much for all the tweets makes such a difference when I'm not at home. Xo

It's weird. I'm scared jury will vote guilty and we will be upset. Just like with Casey Anthony but not guilty. I don't think I've ever trial watched and actually wanted the the person to be found not guilty. I want justice for Bella but not the wrong way. I feel sad about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member