MA MA - Caleigh Harrison, 2, Rockport, 19 April 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"The parents of Caleigh Harrison, some 30 trained volunteers connected with the Boston-based group Misson for the Missing, and a corps of 6-8 trained search dogs, including the K9 unit of the Gloucester Police Department, are all combing portions of Good Harbor Beach and have now expanded to Rockport’s Long Beach in the quest to find any new traces of the 2 1/2-year-old Gloucester girl who disappeared from Long Beach April 19."

http://www.gloucestertimes.com/topstories/x317546115/Caleighs-parents-both-on-scene-of-beach-search

I am not simply suggesting she murdered Caleigh, i'm just saying...there has to be more to the story. Maybe she left them for a LOT longer than she led on. There's something though...

We may never know for sure, because the only other witness was a 4 y.o. and I doubt anyone was wearing a watch. She could have fallen asleep for half an hour, who knows? She was neglectful, that's for sure. Whether she admits it or not, she will have to live with her guilt for the rest of her life.
She is fortunate she didn't lose both of them that day... the 4 y.o. could have gone in the water or tried to save her sister and ended up drowned as well.

This case is just baffling to me. The mother says it could have only been a minute since she saw her last (which I find hard to believe). Also the fact she doesnt even remember what she was wearing that day, if this was the last time you saw your child, should this not be burned into your memory?.

The 4 year olds picture of the suspect, how come these details didnt come out any earlier. THe father did not have any reasons, very suspicious to me,. Alot of things just do not make sense.

I have not read where the mother says she doesn't remember what Caleigh was wearing that day. I did see where she was not positive that the remnant of the shorts they found belonged to Caleigh. I can understand that, they were in tatters and not recognizable.
As far as the time, it's hard to judge time when something like this has happened, I think, but an incident like this could happen in one minute. Try it sometime... look at a clock with a minute hand and count off the seconds to a full minute. It will seem a lot longer than you think it would.
However, I agree that it doesn't make sense in a lot of ways. This woman seems to be in denial that she did anything wrong, but IMO, and in a lot of others', she should have forgot the ball, and never left her children unattended. Two small children near water with no one to watch them every second, it's a recipe for disaster.
Also, would like to point out. None of these cases ever "make sense." If they did, we wouldn't be here talking about them.

I have not read where the mother says she doesn't remember what Caleigh was wearing that day. I did see where she was not positive that the remnant of the shorts they found belonged to Caleigh. I can understand that, they were in tatters and not recognizable.
As far as the time, it's hard to judge time when something like this has happened, I think, but an incident like this could happen in one minute. Try it sometime... look at a clock with a minute hand and count off the seconds to a full minute. It will seem a lot longer than you think it would.
However, I agree that it doesn't make sense in a lot of ways. This woman seems to be in denial that she did anything wrong, but IMO, and in a lot of others', she should have forgot the ball, and never left her children unattended. Two small children near water with no one to watch them every second, it's a recipe for disaster.
Also, would like to point out. None of these cases ever "make sense." If they did, we wouldn't be here talking about them.

I would like to point out that a minute isnt as along as you think, a minute is what it took to take Jamie Bulger from his mother. A minute is still not the right time short or long to leave 2 and 4 year old children on their own, any mother could see that.

As for your comment on not making sense, I agree, but it should make sense, these are childrens lives at stake and no amount of excuses can make that seem right.

I think you are misreading what I'm saying. A lot can happen in one minute. That's what I was trying to get across... she should not have left their side for even one minute to chase a stupid ball. She's lucky she didn't lose both girls.

No... it will never make sense when a little child dies, whether it was some tragic accident or at the hands of a predator or because some mother was distracted for a couple of minutes. Children are supposed to be able to grow up and live life.

Has this little one never been found?????

Still have a strange feeling about this case.

An 'Angels' Mass for Caleigh
Missing toddler remembered one year later

[snip]

Anthony Harrison’s parents had arranged the Mass of the Angels for their granddaughter, Caleigh, as the one-year anniversary of her tragic disappearance approached. Antonette and David Harrison Sr. said the service that drew residents to nearly fill the church aimed to celebrate the life of Caleigh, who disappeared while playing on the beach with her mother, Allison Hammond, and sister Elizabeth, then 4, last April 19.

More: http://www.gloucestertimes.com/local/x210918562/An-Angels-Mass-for-Caleigh

19 April 2013

http://www.gloucestertimes.com/local/x210919759/Citys-10-million-water-project-in-full-swing

In November 2012, the tattered remnants of a tiny pair of pink pants washed up on Good Harbor Beach. Caleigh had been wearing just such pants when she was on the beach that day.

Hammond acknowledged that they “might be” Caleigh’s. But according to sources close to the family, DNA tests have so far failed to identify them conclusively.

Comments interesting.

On the 13th anniversary of the day teenage lifeguard Molly Anne Bish disappeared, 100 people gathered at the town common on Thursday night to honor her memory and to remember that her killer has never been found.

[snip]

A photograph of a smiling Molly was set on a table by a bouquet of yellow roses. A moment of silence was held for all the missing children, and one by one, candles were lit to represent the missing and murdered children: Molly Bish, Holly Piirainen, Lisa Ziegert, Sarah Pryor, Jeffrey Curley, Danielle and Dorothy Pitcher, and Caleigh Harrison.

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2013/06/slain_warren_teenager_molly_an.html#/0

I haven't kept up with this case, but I came across this blog posted by my pediatrician's office on FB. It's a mother's blog, and the entry is about their trip to the beach, and how he went missing. A woman helping search for the young boy saw an indention in the sand near the family's beach chairs, and when she dug about 8-10 inches, she felt the boy's head. Turns out, he had stepped on a sand hole, fell in, and the sand caved in on him.

Has this theory been brought up in little Caleigh's case? This boy's family says he was there one minute, and gone the next. Had the hero stranger not seen the whole and started to dig, he would have suffocated. :(

Caleigh Harrison's family says thanks

To the editor,

We are very fortunate to live in this wonderful community, which embraced us last spring when little Caleigh was lost. Thank you ... somehow, those two simple words don’t seem to be enough to express our heartfelt gratitude to so many people.

Thank you for every kind word, caring thought, prayer said, candle lit, card sent, meal cooked, warm embrace, and for each and every hope.

More: http://www.gloucestertimes.com/opinion/x335458703/Caleigh-Harrisons-family-says-thanks

Senate OKs flag warnings for beach seas

Caleigh Harrison was 21/2 years old when she went missing from Rockport’s Long Beach on April 19, 2012, and is believed to have been swept away by a turbulent sea.

On Tuesday, the Massachusetts Senate honored her young life and memory by overwhelmingly passing a color-coded flag safety system bill that bears her name.

Caleigh’s Bill will now make it’s way to the state House of Representatives. If it passes there and is signed into law by Gov. Deval Patrick, it will create a color-coded flag system designed to provide uniform warnings of dangerous water conditions to swimmers at all public beaches maintained by the state Department of Conservation and Recreation.

http://www.gloucestertimes.com/breakingnews/x1927850645/Senate-OKs-flag-warnings-for-beach-seas

Wow. I spent my teenage years on the gulf coast in Texas and have also visited a lot of beaches, including Gloucester and the bahamas and Bermuda and Florida.

Are there public swimming beaches that DON'T have color coded flags? REALLY. If you have rip-tides, it's remiss to not warn the swimmers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth
Back