GUILTY MA - Doctors Richard Field, 49, & Lina Bolanos, 38, slain, Boston, 5 May 2017 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't understand why so many people (in this thread and the Libby and Abby thread) think it's so hard for one person to overpower two people. With a weapon involved, I think it would be quite easy. Especially if they thought they were only getting robbed and not being tied up to be murdered.
Most likely he made LB tie KR up at knife point or gun point. Then, BT tied her up himself.

I think Oceanblueyes theory makes a lot of sense. Here's a guy that was in this country and could of made a better future for himself. He had a good job working security. But clearly it wasn't enough. He wanted more and robbed two banks. Gets out of jail and a month later robs and kills two rich doctors living in a penthouse. Perp clearly had entitlement issues and it wouldn't surprise me if the retribution was just anger at them for being rich. The ripping of photos is dramatic but he could of been trying to stage the scene somehow. He just didn't expect cops to arrive so quickly.

ETA: the message of retribution could of also been his way of trying to stage the murder to seem like it was someone who was close to them.

Can one actually text 911? 911 system is not a cell phone based system, they are landlines as far as I can tell.

I don't think so. He probably could have dialed 911, not spoke, but left the line open. If someone dials 911, and does not speak to them, they'll send LE to the address shown on their screen. He probably did the best thing that he knew to do, at the time, though. Unfortunately it didn't work. Even if he'd taken the chance, and dialed 911, it's possible they'd not have reached them in time.

I think Oceanblueyes theory makes a lot of sense. Here's a guy that was in this country and could of made a better future for himself. He had a good job working security. But clearly it wasn't enough. He wanted more and robbed two banks. Gets out of jail and a month later robs and kills two rich doctors living in a penthouse. Perp clearly had entitlement issues and it wouldn't surprise me if the retribution was just anger at them for being rich. The ripping of photos is dramatic but he could of been trying to stage the scene somehow. He just didn't expect cops to arrive so quickly.

ETA: the message of retribution could of also been his way of trying to stage the murder to seem like it was someone who was close to them.

Imagine if he was still at large. We'd all be speculating about one of them having a torrid affair because of what we know of the crime/crime scene. We'd be scouring FB pages of their friends and family looking for clues about which one of them was cheating.

The "authorities" said that Teixeira was a former guard at the luxury building where the doctors lived. That's reported in this article by the Boston Globe:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...efore-judge/cCSqIJK5XQPJKqfjToi9kL/story.html

"Boston police discovered a black backpack full of jewelry when they searched the penthouse condo where two doctors were slain Friday, a killing that authorities allege was committed by a man who once worked for a security firm at the South Boston complex."

But Teixeira must have been working there at least one to two years ago, based on the fact that he was in jail during most of 2016. This raises a very perplexing question: did Teixeira retain building keys and security data for that long?

If so, wouldn't that be remarkable?

Unless I misunderstood, on the news tonight, an officer said that BT did not know the couple. But then, in this article, it was stated;

They showed the key type that would have been required. If the doctor's keys, were the kind they showed on t.v. tonight, I've used a key like that before. It was a "smart" key. So even if he were a security guard at that building prior to his arrest in 2016, there wouldn't be a code to punch in, of any kind, as they said that the key was needed to get into the building and onto the elevator. OP mentioned that he may have come up behind them, put a gun to their back, and walked right in with them. I think that's a possibility.

Smart keys are not easily duplicated and if lost can be turned off:
Consider:

• To copy a key, one needs to simply take the key to a local hardware store, or even to one of those increasingly common key-making kiosks that dot big box stores across the country.
  • To copy a smart credential, one needs a card reader, enough time with the card to scan all of its data, matching card stock and a card writer, far too much work for most nefarious characters.
In fact, most people don't possess the technological know-how to pull off duplicating a smart credential.

Smart keys can also be turned off with a few mouse clicks.
If a resident loses his or her key fob, for example, the property manager can simply look up the resident in the system, locate the fob associated with that resident's record and deactivate it — because of the "smart" capabilities, that lost credential has gone from a security vulnerability to an afterthought with just a few clicks of the mouse.

http://insights.identicard.com/blog...ng-access-multifamily-building-access-control

In that case, there is no way that Teixeira could have retained copies of keys, passes, or knowledge of pass codes based on his previous work with security in the Macellan. That blows my original suspicion out of the water.

And, I don't see how Teixeira could gotten past the doorman/concierge person. So we know he didn't get into the building from the front door.

New theory: maybe Teixeira entered through the garage? Maybe he carjacked the victims, made them drive into the garage, and directly entered the elevator that way -- cowing them with his gun? Who knows.

Here's the latest from the Boston Globe. Up-to-the-minute. It offers an explanation for the killer's motivation, most likely directed against his former employer. He was angry because the ex-employer helped to finger him for his bank robbery last June.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...efore-judge/cCSqIJK5XQPJKqfjToi9kL/story.html

Quoted from the Boston Globe article:

"Teixeira had a criminal record. He had pleaded guilty in Boston Municipal Court to robbing the Summer Street branch of Citizens Bank in downtown Boston in 2014 and 2016 and was ordered to serve nine months in the Suffolk County House of Correction. He concluded his sentence last month.

According to Boston police records filed in the bank robbery case, police used MBTA Transit Police surveillance images, bank security camera images, and Teixeira’s Charlie Card records to link him to the Broadway Red Line station in South Boston.

The station is across the street from the condo complex where the doctors were murdered. Last June, a detective showed a worker at the complex surveillance photographs and they identified that person as the former co-worker they knew as “JJ.”

The worker told police to contact Palladion Security, where company vice president Paul Chicarello pulled a file from the company’s records and identified the person in the photos as JJ.

“Mr Chicarello observed the MBTA surveillance photo and advised that he knew the person and obtained a file from the office cabinet,’’ police wrote.

Chicarello told the Globe this weekend that he did not know Teixeira when asked about the suspect’s work history."

That allegedly explains the motive. But the mystery of how he accessed the building remains unanswered.

So the retribution could be not against the doctors but against the security company?
If he worked there as security, quite possibly he knows some way to get into the building other people don't.

Not really related, but Dr Eappen's son was the baby who died while being cared for by Louise Woodward the British nanny. It was a huge story then

I knew that name sounded familiar. Thank goodness he wasn't there having dinner Friday night. Very scary...

Here's the latest from the Boston Globe. Up-to-the-minute. It offers an exploration into the killer's motivation, most likely directed against his former employer. He may have thought that the ex-employer helped to finger him for his bank robbery last June.

Quoted from the Boston Globe article:

"Teixeira had a criminal record. He had pleaded guilty in Boston Municipal Court to robbing the Summer Street branch of Citizens Bank in downtown Boston in 2014 and 2016 and was ordered to serve nine months in the Suffolk County House of Correction. He concluded his sentence last month.

According to Boston police records filed in the bank robbery case, police used MBTA Transit Police surveillance images, bank security camera images, and Teixeira’s Charlie Card records to link him to the Broadway Red Line station in South Boston.

The station is across the street from the condo complex where the doctors were murdered. Last June, a detective showed a worker at the complex surveillance photographs and they identified that person as the former co-worker they knew as “JJ.”

The worker told police to contact Palladion Security, where company vice president Paul Chicarello pulled a file from the company’s records and identified the person in the photos as JJ.

“Mr Chicarello observed the MBTA surveillance photo and advised that he knew the person and obtained a file from the office cabinet,’’ police wrote.

Chicarello told the Globe this weekend that he did not know Teixeira when asked about the suspect’s work history."

That allegedly explains the motive: that he blames the former employer for helping cops convict of the bank robbery. But the mystery of how he accessed the building remains unanswered.

Wow. This is interesting and could tie back to the earlier possibility stated of "entitlement". If he had a grudge against his former employer, the security company, maybe this was his way of saying screw you. His ability to by pass it (the security) was in his mind his "one up" on them. The retribution on the wall could have been in some way towards the company or the perceived "rich people" that pay for the security service.

It seems way out there, but who knows.

That is very, very interesting.
It sure is. It sounds like the apartment he chose to rob was very difficult to get to compared to the other floors. The article did state that he left his job there on his own terms. Maybe he randomly chose the victims (they were walking in as he was there) but most likely he had observed them over the time he was there and noticed the nice jewelry Dr. Bolanos wore or whatever. He may of even taken a liking to her. It sounded like Dr. Field was already home for sure, but perhaps, Dr. Bolanos was returning home when she was encountered by the perp and followed.

So the retribution could be not against the doctors but against the security company?

Well, that's what media is implying. The People Magazine article posted in #167 states the following:

"Teixeira is accused of killing Dr. Lina Bolanos, 38, and her 49-year-old fiancé, Dr. Richard Field. Their throats were slashed and a “message of retribution” was allegedly written in blood on the walls of their home, according to police.

PEOPLE has obtained an email that was sent from management to residents on Monday night in which they acknowledge that Teixeira, 30, once provided concierge services in the building.

“The suspect … did serve our community as a concierge before leaving the building on his own terms after a few short weeks,” the email states.

Teixeira formerly worked for Palladion Services, the building’s concierge and security company until February, sources say. A new company has taken over since then.

It was not immediately clear when Teixeira worked for Palladion in the building. According to court records, he recently spent nine months in jail after pleading guilty to two counts of unarmed robbery of a bank. He was released on April 14.

A Palladion representative was not immediately available to comment on Monday night.

In its email on Monday, building management told residents, “Please understand that because of the ongoing investigation, [management is] severely restricted on what we can proactively disclose to the community without police authorization."

http://people.com/crime/boston-doctors-double-murder-suspect-worked-in-building/

Here's the latest report on this vicious, tragic crime. It includes a surveillance photo of Teixeira robbing the bank:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4484800/Suspect-killed-engaged-doctors-appear-judge.html

The article also contains some detailed information about the security firm that provided concierge service (i.e., the equivalent of security and customer service personnel) to the Macallen. Until February 18th of this year, a Boston concierge company named Palladion Services was providing concierge. After that, a new concierge/security firm, Highland Concierge -- which is possibly a split-off from Palladion -- took over.Highland Concierge.

http://www.palladionservices.com/boston-security-services-news/beacon-hill-times-security-service

http://www.highbridgeconcierge.com/who-we-are/

According to the Daily Mail article:

"Pappas also did not explain on Monday during Teixiera's arraignment how authorities believe Teixeira reached the upper levels of the luxury condo complex.

In order to get inside and to use the elevator, a special key is needed, according to CBS Boston.

Residents described to the Globe that the 24-hour security personnel stationed in the lobby were referred to as concierges and they control who could enter the complex.

On February 18, Palladion Services stopped providing security and concierge services for the building, a resident who wanted to remain anonymous told the Globe.

Highbridge Concierge is the new security company in charge of the building, and the company's founder, Patrick J. Knight, would not discuss security measures at the building."

From link above

found keys to the engaged doctors' condo on the floor outside
at the door of the apartment a struggle?

This wording caught me I see scissors, not a rip?

photos of the two doctors in the apartment had been cut up that's creepy who kills people and goes looking for scissors ??

Security:

My mothers is like that -- it's a pain in the butt - To summon the elevator you have to have the key -- once your in (ground floor) you are ok to do anything - on the ground floor pushing the button does nothing unless you turn the key then it would come down and open

(OR) She would either have to come down or call the system to allow the elevator to come down to the ground floor and open . but it took like choreography --she has to know I was there, and down at the elevator and then the elevator would be sent down

Or had the key and could make the elevator come to the ground floor.

but from phone it opens once and once it closes it has to be done all over again

so it could turn into a hassle because of the door opened and then closed then she has to know to reenter the code on the phone upstairs

Sometimes (5th floo)r -- it would be a toss of the key to The elevator if I had luggage etc

Once your in and up if you were going run down you just take the key to the elevator with you

You only need the key on the ground floor Like if you were just leaving the elevator comes like normal to any floor other than the ground one

But you have to keep the key in and turned until it got down to ground and opened

It is a hassle when you first get there! Once your in and up it's like |normal| you just take the key with you

And it not like a regular key Its kinda like a lockbox key if that makes sense - it not flat - its circular with a notch on the bottom

I hate it !

Killers gfriend : She added that he had gone back on promises he made during that phone call that he would never hurt anyone. Well ain't that a weird conversation to have .........come on lady ........how do you get to that kind of conversation without having some concern that he might be dangerous??

'Lies,' she told the Globe, in tears

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...gaged-doctors-appear-judge.html#ixzz4gXWuXlHJ
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Well, that's what media is implying. The People Magazine article posted in #167 states the following:

"Teixeira is accused of killing Dr. Lina Bolanos, 38, and her 49-year-old fiancé, Dr. Richard Field. Their throats were slashed and a “message of retribution” was allegedly written in blood on the walls of their home, according to police.

PEOPLE has obtained an email that was sent from management to residents on Monday night in which they acknowledge that Teixeira, 30, once provided concierge services in the building.

“The suspect … did serve our community as a concierge before leaving the building on his own terms after a few short weeks,” the email states.

Teixeira formerly worked for Palladion Services, the building’s concierge and security company until February, sources say. A new company has taken over since then.

It was not immediately clear when Teixeira worked for Palladion in the building. According to court records, he recently spent nine months in jail after pleading guilty to two counts of unarmed robbery of a bank. He was released on April 14.

A Palladion representative was not immediately available to comment on Monday night.

In its email on Monday, building management told residents, “Please understand that because of the ongoing investigation, [management is] severely restricted on what we can proactively disclose to the community without police authorization."

http://people.com/crime/boston-doctors-double-murder-suspect-worked-in-building/

I am sorry not buying. I work for you, rob a bank, get caught, I don't think I am |resigning| prior to getting caught

I think it was more like I work for you rob a bank, get caught miss work - get fired!!!

Kinda simple I think they are lying! Old company! Speculation only

It sure is. It sounds like the apartment he chose to rob was very difficult to get to compared to the other floors. The article did state that he left his job there on his own terms. Maybe he randomly chose the victims (they were walking in as he was there) but most likely he had observed them over the time he was there and noticed the nice jewelry Dr. Bolanos wore or whatever. He may of even taken a liking to her. It sounded like Dr. Field was already home for sure, but perhaps, Dr. Bolanos was returning home when she was encountered by the perp and followed.

I found the keys in the hallway outside of the door telling ??

DA slams 'inaccurate' statements in murders, says 'no evidence' suspect knew doctors

"There is no evidence whatsoever, at this stage, to conclude that this defendant had a personal relationship" with the slain doctors, the DA said.

He added there is no reason to explain the crime -- except to add murder "defies rational explanation."

Conley added it is "inaccurate" to say officers responding to the 11th-floor condo at the Dorchester Avenue complex were fired upon, as police first reported.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/lo...lams_inaccurate_statements_in_murders_says_no

Thank goodness the real story is finally getting out. I never believed the murderer had any close connection to his victims or had a relationship with either of them. I think if they had known who he was by name Dr. Fields would have texted his name in case the police didn't arrive in time.

How devastating the tremendous loss must be for both of the victims' families.

go
ggle images

The%20Macallen%20room%202.jpg

909_photo.jpg

BVI-Pool-Shot.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads