MA - Four children found hidden in apartment with alcohol, drugs, sex toys & corpse - Boston - June 21 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If we go with Mayor Wu's statement (both BFD and BPD reports are correct)... Maybe the adults had just enough time to corral (and try to quieten) the children into a separate room before EMS arrived, then there was just enough time to hide the drugs and any other concerning material before BPD arrived.
Or maybe the 911 operator told them to remove the children from the room so they wouldn't be traumatized? That makes a heck lot more sense to me than the claim they were being "hidden" in a room.

To date, nobody has been charged with a crime.

JMO

Maybe the adults had just enough time to corral (and try to quieten) the children into a separate room before EMS arrived, then there was just enough time to hide the drugs and any other concerning material before BPD arrived.

So while EMS and BFD are there, not to mention gawking neighbors, etc, the adults ran around picking up things and hiding them? And no one mentioned that to the cops?

<modsnip: snarky>

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

ok, I'm all caught up, and still, no real answers if the men were in drag or a few were transgendered or was it a PRIDE Party? At least one mom was in attendance so six men or six people? Very confusing.
The mention of DRUGS, SEX TOYS, a CORPSE, and "hidden children" Yeah that raises an alarm for me.
I hope this is thoroughly and properly investigated for the sake of the children.

The woman who did a TV interview claiming to be the tenant of the flat and mother of two of the children, stated that her friends were transgender. However, I don't know if anyone can verify that she is in fact the tenant, the mother of any children, or even involved at all.

I also wondered if the 'men dressed in women's clothes' could be because they were maybe having a bachelor party or some form of drag event or costume event where it's not intended to as offensive to mention this detail.

So while EMS and BFD are there, not to mention gawking neighbors, etc, the adults ran around picking up things and hiding them? And no one mentioned that to the cops?

<modsnip: snarky>

That is what I was just thinking .....

EMS arrived first and had started working on the patient. Which involves space (in a cramped apartment).
It may be probable that EMS techinicians asked for space, please give us room. Children likely crying and upset that someone's parent (?) or friend was having a medical emergency.

Then the fire dept personnel arrived. More people in the cramped room. If the alleged drugs and sex toys were then hidden, would they not have seen them being hidden/taken? Why didn't they mention that?
"Ladder 18 responded and found Boston EMS in the middle of a working arrest. Ladder 18 assisted EMS during medical operations."

Then the police arrived.
"Boston Police were called to 381 Old Colony Avenue in South Boston at 11:11 am on Saturday 06.17.23 to investigate a call for an unconscious person. Boston Fire and EMS were on scene assisting the individual. At 11:41am Boston EMS pronounced the person non-viable and the Medical Examiner's Office took jurisdiction of the body. "

That is what I was just thinking .....

EMS arrived first and had started working on the patient. Which involves space (in a cramped apartment).
It may be probable that EMS techinicians asked for space, please give us room. Children likely crying and upset that someone's parent (?) or friend was having a medical emergency.

Then the fire dept personnel arrived. More people in the cramped room. If the alleged drugs and sex toys were then hidden, would they not have seen them being hidden/taken? Why didn't they mention that?
"Ladder 18 responded and found Boston EMS in the middle of a working arrest. Ladder 18 assisted EMS during medical operations."

Then the police arrived.
"Boston Police were called to 381 Old Colony Avenue in South Boston at 11:11 am on Saturday 06.17.23 to investigate a call for an unconscious person. Boston Fire and EMS were on scene assisting the individual. At 11:41am Boston EMS pronounced the person non-viable and the Medical Examiner's Office took jurisdiction of the body. "

BBM. It's not only probable, I think it is a fact and was done PRIOR to EMS arriving because the 911 operator would have heard the crying children. Such a scene would be emotionally traumatizing to children.

When 9-1-1 is called about an unconscious person, the operator keeps the caller on the line and will give instructions on how to perform CPR on the victim until EMS arrives.

JMO

Boston 25 news also obtained the FD report. (As I posted previously)

Boston 25 obtained the fire department report, which matched up with another source’s information.

According to the fire department report that I reviewed, firefighters found six adults “who appeared to be males” in the apartment, with four kids in a back bedroom. One of the men tried to stop first responders from going into the room where they found the children, who are ages 5 to 10. The report said the adults were uncooperative and denied having children inside the apartment.

That is the first report I read also.

So---WHY try to hide the kids and deny that there are children there???

If they are trying to protect the kids from the death of one of their friends, I could understand that, but why not tell the FD that ??

Why DENY that children are even there ??

Is this fake news?? If not, then I tend to believe the FD on their initial findings and surroundings. JMO

What I'm understanding is that they had the children in a separate room, and rightfully so, since a dead person was in the other room getting attended to. Seems like whoever was there first went to check on the room where the children were and tried to bring them out to the rooom where the deceased person was. Sounds like LE arrived on scene and the situation was handled by LE telling everyone that the kids are to stay in the room where they already were as to not see the deceased.

To me, nobody was hiding the children from the first responders. It was more of a situation of shielding the children from a traumatizing situation for everyone involved.

That is the first report I read also.

So---WHY try to hide the kids and deny that there are children there???

If they are trying to protect the kids from the death of one of their friends, I could understand that, but why not tell the FD that ??

Why DENY that children are even there ??

Is this fake news?? If not, then I tend to believe the FD on their initial findings and surroundings. JMO

I would guess they denied children were there because it was inappropriate to have children there.
If the adults wanted to get together for whatever reason, fine, they're allowed to do that.
But to have kids there, while whatever was going on was going on, is just wrong.
So they denied there were kids there, until one of the FD guys heard kids crying in the other room.

Anyone from the FD making this up or lying about it or embellishing, is just one of the most boneheaded things to do, and would most certainly be career suicide so, I cannot think of a single reason for those working professionals at the Boston FD to make any of this up. They saw what they saw.

jmo

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

I'm left wondering if this is a chaotic household of people gathering to party and use drugs who also happened to be trans or dressed or whatever -or- is this a fairly domestic group of people who always hang out together, maybe cohabit, who are routinely dressed as women because they are trans women going about their day and it's all very mundane.

Also how big was this apartment? If we're talking about a small one bedroom or studio type apartment, then six adults, one of whom has passed, and four children sounds very cramped and unreasonable. If it's a four bedroom spacious place and there's different adults in different rooms and the children in their own areas, or one large social area where visitors mingle... different story. It's hard to get a picture of what's happened IMO JMO.

iirc, It was not an official report but rather a narrative written by only one firefighter and evidently given either to the press or to elected officials or both.

JMO

It's been linked here several times. It was written by the Captain Hernandez of Ladder Truck #18.

Here's another link but I'm not sure this publication is allowed here:

bbm

From linked article:

Members with Boston Fire Department found the children hidden in the back of an Old Colony Avenue apartment

Fire officials arrived at the residence following an emergency call

An incident report from fire officials

first responders

mandatory reporters

Still interested in a link to the article supporting your statement of "a narrative written by only one firefighter."

jmho ymmv lrr

bbm

From linked article:

Members with Boston Fire Department found the children hidden in the back of an Old Colony Avenue apartment

Fire officials arrived at the residence following an emergency call

An incident report from fire officials

first responders

mandatory reporters

Still interested in a link to the article supporting your statement of "a narrative written by only one firefighter."

jmho ymmv lrr

I don't think it's ever been said anywhere but here, that it was a narrative written by only one firefighter.

I do think, the firefighters were 100% honest and factual about what they saw that morning, <modsnip - no link to an approved source of statement>

My hope is, those kids were not harmed in any way, and are in a safe and healthy place.
And if possible and safe and healthy for them, for reunification with family.

jmo

I don't think it's ever been said anywhere but here, that it was a narrative written by only one firefighter.

I do think, the firefighters were 100% honest and factual about what they saw that morning, <modsnip - no link to an approved source to statement>

My hope is, those kids were not harmed in any way, and are in a safe and healthy place.

jmo
The narrative that I linked had only one firefighter's name on it and it wasn't an official statement. The Boston FD has not issued an official statement in this case.

The official Police statement disputed the firefighter's "narrative." I put it in quotes because the narrative seemed to be politically motivated considering it was shared with politicians and biased news media. Now, other politicians are investigating and I applaud their investigation. To exploit a human being's gender and their death for political purposes sickens me.

I'll continue to believe the official police statement and that they will continue to work with DCF to act in the best interests of the children. To my knowledge, there have been no criminal charges filed against anyone.

JMO

The narrative that I linked had only one firefighter's name on it and it wasn't an official statement. The Boston FD has not issued an official statement in this case.

The official Police statement disputed the firefighter's "narrative." I put it in quotes because the narrative seemed to be politically motivated considering it was shared with politicians and biased news media. Now, other politicians are investigating and I applaud their investigation. To exploit a human being's gender and their death for political purposes sickens me.

I'll continue to believe the official police statement and that they will continue to work with DCF to act in the best interests of the children. To my knowledge, there have been no criminal charges filed against anyone.

JMO
The link you provided up thread shows an incident report that looks legitimate to me. It names the officer in charge of Ladder 18 but doesn't claim that he wrote the report.

Since BFD hasn't issued a statement about this case that would mean they haven't said that the incident report is inaccurate.

I have no idea how politics is involved in this incident report.

JMO.

The link you provided up thread shows an incident report that looks legitimate to me. It names the officer in charge of Ladder 18 but doesn't claim that he wrote the report.

Since BFD hasn't issued a statement about this case that would mean they haven't said that the incident report is inaccurate.

I have no idea how politics is involved in this incident report.

JMO.
The incident report was in direct conflict with the official police report <modsnip - no link> I'm glad the mainstream media and the Mayor called them out about it.

JMO

I do think, the firefighters were 100% honest and factual about what they saw that morning, <modsnip - no link to an approved source of statement>

jmo
If the fire department is anything like the police department when reporting on the status of an incident there is usually a spokesperson who represents the group when relaying information to the media. FD and PD personnel don't give interviews or provide their own impressions of a call willy nilly, at least they shouldn't. So in my opinion, if the basic rules were followed when reporting to the media, the onus is on the spokesperson and the department to reign in multiple personnel who speak to the media and provide their own spin on the story. So if this FD followed the rules, multiple firemen providing their two cents worth is a big no no, no matter whether you perceive them as honourable, or not.

If the fire department is anything like the police department when reporting on the status of an incident there is usually a spokesperson who represents the group when relaying information to the media. FD and PD personnel don't give interviews or provide their own impressions of a call willy nilly, at least they shouldn't. So in my opinion, if the basic rules were followed when reporting to the media, the onus is on the spokesperson and the department to reign in multiple personnel who speak to the media and provide their own spin on the story. So if this FD followed the rules, multiple firemen providing their two cents worth is a big no no, no matter whether you perceive them as honourable, or not.

I think it's possible that any spin on this story could be from high ranking officials and not rank and file employee's.

JMO.

I agree. Evidently because the two reports are conflicting, the City Council discussed a full investigation at the recent City Council meeting. I also forgot to link the police report upthread:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue210
Back