MA - Four children found hidden in apartment with alcohol, drugs, sex toys & corpse - Boston - June 21 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Members of the Boston City Council said drugs and other concerning items were found in an apartment at the McCormack housing complex off Old Colony Avenue where a person died.

The Boston Police Department said its officers did not see evidence of those items.

Police said each of the children had a parent present.

"The fire union is pushing back at the mayor and police, saying firefighters stand by what they reported after rushing into a South Boston apartment this past weekend, a matter that triggered a 51A child-neglect alert."

"Dillon said the incident report prepared by the Boston Fire Department is “100% accurate,” and noted that firefighters arrived prior to police officers, and therefore encountered a different scene than was described by the police department in a Thursday night statement. “Firefighters were there ahead of police — situations change minute to minute, hour to hour,” Dillon told the Herald. “What they encountered would have been different than what the police encountered when they arrived.”

"The fire union is pushing back at the mayor and police, saying firefighters stand by what they reported after rushing into a South Boston apartment this past weekend, a matter that triggered a 51A child-neglect alert."

"Dillon said the incident report prepared by the Boston Fire Department is “100% accurate,” and noted that firefighters arrived prior to police officers, and therefore encountered a different scene than was described by the police department in a Thursday night statement. “Firefighters were there ahead of police — situations change minute to minute, hour to hour,” Dillon told the Herald. “What they encountered would have been different than what the police encountered when they arrived.”

yes fight back for transparency..
what i find alarming is the verdict seems to say ( no one is at fault )..no one will be arrested and 4 kids are of mysterious fate

<modsnip - not here, because is isn't allowed>

It bears repeating that there are verifiably false statements from the alleged initial FD report ("approximately six adults, who appeared to be males") which has really only even been cited by the Herald.

Last edited by a moderator:
<RSBM>

Looking at this as much as I can from a legal aspect, it seems obvious to me as well.

If the report as initially stated is in fact 100% true, it paints the community (I don't know if these men were actual transgender or just dressing up, so I don't want to inaccurately describe their community) in a very unpleasant light.

Everything about the original reporting, makes these men sound like utter creeps hiding children in a back room.

Potential incentives to whitewash would be to avoid a lawsuit, or be slandered and/or accused of some manner of phobia or discrimination, etc. Is there any reason at all the BPD might want to avoid a lawsuit to the degree they'd be dishonest about a case? Well, possibly. They have been sued recently so, there's that. It's off topic so no link but anyone can google and find the case to verify this is factual. And curious.

On the flip side, I can't think of a single reason anyone would describe a scene the way the FD did, if it was not true at all. If not true, THOSE are the folks being sued and basically kissing their careers goodbye, and rightfully so, if they lied and made it all up. What incentive would the FD guys have to lie about any of this?

jmo
It can also be argued that there is a portion of our nation who is actively trying to highlight any crimes/allegations against persons who are transgender right now. That is the current climate for many.

If the children were in danger, I'm glad that they were taken out of the situation. However, the fact that the people were possibly in drag has nothing to do with it.

IMO.

No, that was never stated.
Yes, I read that. I'll try to find the source. EBM: each of the children had a parent present is stated in the article below.

It can also be argued that there is a portion of our nation who is actively trying to highlight any crimes/allegations against persons who are transgender right now. That is the current climate for many.

If the children were in danger, I'm glad that they were taken out of the situation. However, the fact that the people were possible in drag has nothing to do with it.

IMO.

Whatever the politics are of issues related to this, I would hope that LE would neither highlight allegations nor hide/cover up allegations regardless of who the perpetrators are.

And we don't know if the description of the people involved has anything to do with the situation or not. That is for LE to investigate, along with the Dept of Childrens Services.

Whatever the politics are of issues related to this, I would hope that LE would neither highlight allegations nor hide/cover up allegations regardless of who the perpetrators are.

And we don't know if the description of the people involved has anything to do with the situation or not. That is for LE to investigate, along with the Dept of Childrens Services.
It was stated that the kids were taken due to unsanitary conditions in the apartment. Does that have anything to do with being in drag? Furthermore, an overdose doesn't have anything to do with what someone is wearing, right?

Would it be necessary to say what the men were wearing if they had been in jeans and flannel shirts?

It was stated that the kids were taken due to unsanitary conditions in the apartment. Does that have anything to do with being in drag? Furthermore, an overdose doesn't have anything to do with what someone is wearing, right?

Would it be necessary to say what the men were wearing if they had been in jeans and flannel shirts?

The first responders on the scene, Boston Fire, reported other factors not related to the sanitary conditions in the apartment.

And IIRC, they reported that the deceased person was wearing a wig.

The question remains, WHY are 4 children still in DCFS custody?
WHY were they removed, initially?

Was it neglect for an unsanitary home ? Usually, DCFS will open an investigation instead of removal if it was just a dirty nasty home. What if anything was so unsafe, that called for instant removal?
Was it because a recently deceased person was found there?
Was it because drugs were found there? ( or not )
Was it because 'sex toys' were found there? ( Or not)
Was it because childrens' parents were not present? ( Or were)

Regardless of the dispute between the BFD's version ( and The Herald) vs the BPD and the mayors version, the fact remains that there are children who were removed and placed in the custody of the state. Both sides do not deny this fact.

WHY?

It will be up to LE and the Dept of Childrens Services to investigate all the circumstances of what was going on in that housing unit. We aren't able to rule in, or rule out, anything at this point.
IMO at this point we should be able to rule out that the gender of the occupants could have had anything to do with the children being removed.

Moo..it is public housing. Public housing is often a little sketchy, it is what it is, but the rent is affordable and we all do not have that many choices as some other people do.....móo
I lived in subsidized housing (Canada) for 9 years. We had shootings, overdoses, fights, a meth lab, possibly a few, drug dealers, anti-social behaviour, burglaries, sexual assaults and on and on. 50% of the time it wasn't even the residents, for some reason subsidized housing attracts people from all over. The complex had police doing drive throughs every hour or so, yet things still happened. Should all the kids from the complex of just over a hundred units be taken into care? when most of the time, the 50% of offences by residents, revolved around a handful of people?
The ones involved had children taken away but they always got them back. I'd watch them acting like perfect parents for the social workers then as soon as they got the kids back everything went back to 'normal'

Sure, that’s a basic descriptor. Since they were in wigs, their basic hair color could not be determined, IMO.
Oh ok.
Can you point to any other example where fire fighters needed to report on someone's hairstyle or sartorial choices at all in an incident report?
ETA: to be clear, we haven't seen the incident report and until we do I am of the opinion that they did not say that.

Sure, that’s a basic descriptor. Since they were in wigs, their basic hair color could not be determined, IMO.

Edited to clarify that it was the male with the children who the Fire Department said was wearing a wig, not the dead person.

But agree with OP that this is a necessary basic descriptor of the individuals at the scene. Eye color, hair color, height, etc. Pretty standard stuff.

IMO.

Last edited:
Edited to clarify that it was the male with the children who the Fire Department said was wearing a wig, not the dead person.

But agree with OP that this is a necessary basic descriptor of the individuals at the scene. Eye color, hair color, height, etc. Pretty standard stuff.

IMO.

Why did they make no mention of the woman then? Seems someone dropped the ball here imo.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bfred1221
Back