MA MA - Giovanni Colon-Gonzalez, 5, Lynn, 15 Aug 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If she thinks Giovanni is alive, visiting makes sense. If she thinks he is not, giving Ernesto the chance to victimize her again makes no sense....tough touch choice to make.

Globe Exclusive
Father confesses to killing his 5-year-old son
MIDDLETON—Ernesto L. Gonzalez Jr. has spent the last three months in a jail cell here refusing to respond to the question that authorities believe only he can answer: What happened to his 5-year-old son, Giovanni, who vanished during a weekend visit with his father in August.

Today, he broke his silence in chilling fashion. During a jailhouse interview with a Globe reporter, Gonzalez confessed to stabbing his son to death and dismembering the small body in the bathtub of his Lynn apartment. He said he then placed his son's body parts into six plastic grocery bags and discarded them in three different trash bins around Lynn. He pedaled from one dumpster to the next on his bicycle.

"I know where he is," Gonzalez said in Spanish, his voice calm and his gaze flat. "My son isn't alive. He's dead."

More at:

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...nfesses_to_killing_his_5_year_old_son/?page=1

I'm broken hearted. I have thought about Giovanni every day, and prayed that someone would find him safe. I just can't believe this. I just can't.

RIP little angel.

Why on earth would he do that to his little boy? Did he hate the mother that much? It is unbelievable what some people are capable of doing. I hope this guy gets LWOP so he has the rest of his life to think about his little boy and what he did to him. He should be made to have a 11x14 picture of the little boy in his cell so that he has to look at him every day.

Dear little Giovanni.....Pease touch your Mama in some way today so to ease her pain and reassure her that you are safe in God's arms.

Lynn man confesses to killing son, 5
http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...08/11/27/lynn_man_confesses_to_killing_son_5/

This is overwhelmingly sad.....upon seeing in my in-box all the email alerts for Giovanni.....i knew it was over. I do give thanks that Ernesto confessed for Daisy sakes.

That stupid, stupid man.....so much to say to him....so little reason to say it.

God bless you, Daisy.

I have to say, I do not trust a single word that is coming out of his mouth. I expect that the PD will be able to locate "proof" and it concerns me that they were not able to find any evidence in the apartment. If it happened as he describes, I would think the evidence would be considerable. I am holding of on grieving for that sweet little boy....

But, I am sending hugs for those of you that are feeling pain...

I'm with you, Colomom. It doesn't sound like the police believe him at all.

I also thought it would be extremely difficult to pedal around with say, 3 or 4 plastic bags. Especially, without attracting any attention as you pitched them, one at a time, into dumpsters.

I also thought it would be extremely difficult to pedal around with say, 3 or 4 plastic bags. Especially, without attracting any attention as you pitched them, one at a time, into dumpsters.

I so want to believe this could not be true. The excerpt posted was all I could read. My husband, after seeing how upset I was, read the full article. Though I don't see how that helped at all.

He believes Ernesto was confessing the truth. He said that since the day of the killing Ernesto's demeanor has remained constant. And that Ernesto's concise recital of his actions on a day 3+ months ago may well be due to Ernesto's own vivid horror at 'seeing' himself commit such horrific acts on a child he loved. (Yes, you read 'loved') He (husband) said the demeanor which has incited me to call Ernesto by many vile names over the last months remains throughout the confession/reason for confessing. He thinks Ernesto believes himself to be a vile monster.......and the confession somehow separates the monster from the father in Ernesto's mind. So it's only after the confession that Ernesto feels he can show emotion......"when his eyes watered and his voice broke. "I don't know how to say I'm sorry," he said. "It's my son."

As to LE thinking it's not true due to lack of evidence....husband thinks, and even I am wondering, if the sanitary practices/work requirements at the meat packing facility played a factor there. But it is too hard for me think........

Daisey must be near insane hearing this about her child.....I hope she was informed before the news broke.

Thank you for your hug earlier....it was so welcomed. Bless you!

sorry if I sound off....This type of forum is new to me and how to deal with these emotions is unknown.

I have to say, I do not trust a single word that is coming out of his mouth. I expect that the PD will be able to locate "proof" and it concerns me that they were not able to find any evidence in the apartment. If it happened as he describes, I would think the evidence would be considerable. I am holding of on grieving for that sweet little boy....

But, I am sending hugs for those of you that are feeling pain...

I'm with you Colomom & Sheromom - I'll wait for the physical evidence before I believe him. The timing of his confession is interesting though - right after his lawyer asks that the charges be dropped because there is no evidence....

Salem

I so want to believe this could not be true. The excerpt posted was all I could read. My husband, after seeing how upset I was, read the full article. Though I don't see how that helped at all.

~snipped for space~

Thank you for your hug earlier....it was so welcomed. Bless you!

sorry if I sound off....This type of forum is new to me and how to deal with these emotions is unknown.

No apologies necessary, you are an awesome poster and your feelings are welcomed. I am sure I speak for everyone when I say that :blowkiss:

You are also married to a very smart man, tell him "thanks" from me, lots to think about.

And you are right Salem, that is a good point. I think it will only be a matter of time before they find evidence of his guilt, if he did what he said.

My prayers to Daisy as well, I can't imagine the pain...

:( oh God I am so so sickened by this news. Beyond words and beyond anger...

If this is seriously the truth I hope that God welcomes Giovanni with loving arms so that he can rest in peace. I hope that Daisy can make it through okay... I can't even think of what to say right now.

This is just not the news I had hoped for or even expected. :sick:

please forgive lack of caps etc....one finger typing again

colomom, you are so very kind...and very much needed...

mrsg728....i smile whenever i see your'i love being a g'....reminds me of
seasame st and elmo

my thoughts and prayers are with daisey...whether le verified....truth or not....
that article sears an image in the brain that is tormenting.

i don't think publishing this confession was the right thing for the paper
to do....they should have let le know then waited till le did what needed to be done
to verify it. instead it was published as a sickening exclusive scoop...with no
respect or dignity given to little giovanni.

I just heard the news on a local station, I froze then checked to be sure that it was Giovanni they were reporting. I know of no words to say except my prayers for all those who loved this little boy. No man who kills his child deserves to be called dad.

:mad:

I just heard the news on a local station, I froze then checked to be sure that it was Giovanni they were reporting. I know of no words to say except my prayers for all those who loved this little boy. No man who kills his child deserves to be called dad.

:mad:

Nor should they be called a man! IMO

Prayers with Daisey & Giovanni & family.

My prayers join yours.

I still find this so hard to believe. I'm torn between not believing what he said because LE can't seem to find the physical evidence to back it up, and believing him because I can't imagine him making up such a vile, sickening story about his own child.

Wherever Giovanni is, I pray that God has His loving arms around him, and he is safe, happy, and loved. I also pray that somehow, Daisy can find the strength to go on every day and that the Lord holds her safely in His hand.

I add my prayers for Daisy and Giovanni to all of yours above and echo your sentiments Barb for Giovanni.

I'm still not believing this. Even with all the sanitary measures, I am sure LE can find something in the drain, etc. That's how they found the evidence in another case (I can't remember the name right now, sorry). There has to be some type of physical evidence that would corroborate the confession, especially with all the details :(

Holding out Hope,

Salem

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay