Found Deceased MA - Jaimee Mendez, 25, Swampscott, 6 Nov 2014 - #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I so hope this brings them closure, and that LE is able to identify the person responsible (whether it's JF or otherwise). I know JF was a fisherman. Do we know if he also set lobster traps??

I so hope this brings them closure, and that LE is able to identify the person responsible (whether it's JF or otherwise). I know JF was a fisherman. Do we know if he also set lobster traps??

If settting lobster traps is the normal course of business for a commercial fisherman IMO he did. That being said I'm not really sure the lobster trap has much of a connection to the remains found other than in the storm they may have tangled and washed ashore. IDK

The post on Find JM from her Mom is heartbreaking. It reaffirms my hopes that this is Jaimee for the families peace of mind.

Waiting with you all :(

Hopefully this person is ID'd quickly regardless of who it is. I can't even imagine what it must be like for parents of missing kids (even if they're adult kids) waiting for that ID to happen. Re: the JF being a fisherman... if I recall correctly, he did piece work on commercial fishing boats. I'm not entirely certain that qualifies him as an actual fisherman but that's just the impression I got from what was available in msm. I don't ever recall reading anything about lobster traps. OR, if these traps are even connected to this person. Entirely possible they're not, and they just washed up at the same time, with the same tide.

MOO of course.

Lobstering and fishing are not the same job, though some people do both. And a lot of people who live on the coast set a few traps for their own use. So it might or might not be a connection.

I was just wondering if he had easy access to any. If the lobster trap was used as some sort of weight, instead of just getting tangled up with the body, it could make him more of a POI. I'm still not convinced it was definitely him. (Although Michelle, according to the FJ page, keeps reiterating that Jaimee said she was on his street when she called her friend, which has not been confirmed by LE. If this is true and not just an assumption on her part, that definitely makes him more suspicious in my own opinion. That's the main part that has me waiting to cast judgment, that it was never confirmed by the friends who or where she said she was when she called for help.)

Somehow this one contains info on what specifically was found. Not sure how accurate it is. If police released this to a reporter then certainly they would have told the mother.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2015/01/skull_found_at_swampscott_shore

"A dog walker ambling along the Swampscott shore yesterday morning made a gruesome discovery: a skull and bones, a law enforcement source told the Herald."

Still looking for corroboration. I do believe that given the amount of time Jaimee has been missing that her remains in the water are probably just skeletal.

:cow:

She's from Lynne as well - need to find a connection to JF,,,

According to MSM, Leeanne was addicted to heroine. So there's a possible connection....

http://www.itemlive.com/news/family...cle_19cd9182-f7f6-11e2-bb0b-0019bb2963f4.html

Pleasant said her daughter and the boyfriend were happy when they left Pleasant’s home. She said the man had helped support Redden — whom Pleasant said has suffered on and off for many years from heroin addiction — after meeting her through his son. Pleasant said the boyfriend told her that morning that he had gotten Redden drugs the night before.

I don't know how to feel about this. I still want to hope she's alive somewhere, somehow, even though I know that's not realistic thinking. Then I want the family to have their closure... Then I think, "what if it isn't her, that poor family is going through more hell and still won't know where she is"... All of it is just heartbreaking and gut-wrenching to think about. Either way, I hope there are definite answers soon and that the monster who did this will be swiftly brought to justice!!!

I sure hope LE in VA is keeping a close eye on JF in case this does turn out to be Jaimee. If he's responsible, he already knows the likelihood of this being her body. And, if that's the case, I wouldn't be surprised if he suddenly vanishes now that the body has surfaced.

Unless they have him in custody already. Fleeing is frustrating for everyone who is looking for justice, but it shows consciousness of guilt so sometimes you just want them to run...especially when there is a chance that evidence or COD is complicated.

If we speculate that this is Jaimee and if we speculate that JF is responsible for her death, I am more worried about her family taking the law into their own hands out of grief and anger, kwim?

Unless they have him in custody already. Fleeing is frustrating for everyone who is looking for justice, but it shows consciousness of guilt so sometimes you just want them to run...especially when there is a chance that evidence or COD is complicated.

If we speculate that this is Jaimee and if we speculate that JF is responsible for her death, I am more worried about her family taking the law into their own hands out of grief and anger, kwim?

Last I checked, he was a level 3 sex offender registered in Va. The people around him may have been convinced before he had nothing to do with making Jaimee Mendez disappear may now think twice if/when it is confirmed to be her. One could say the tide may have turned on the circumstances surrounding her disappearance, if it is her.

LE Comb King Beach Photo courtesy of Larisa Forman .png
from here

I just heard it on our news and all I can say is F, F! Q
Why? Such an awful situation. I hope they can connect it to someone.specifically the guy they were already looking at because if it's it's not him it's someone else. I'm hoping it's him. Bless you Jaimee!

How far is the location they found her clothes from the water where she may have been disposed of? (ugh, I really hate saying that...)

Even though we all knew it was possible, it really hurts saying "goodbye" to Jaimee. God bless her family with comfort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3