MA MA - Joan Risch, 30, Lincoln, 24 Oct 1961

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If she was embarrassed, I would think she would discreetly call a friend or an ambulance, not walk around in public.
It's possible that she tried to use the phone but collapsed and dislodged it from the wall. Maybe she thought she could flag someone down for a ride; maybe she realized that getting a ride would have meant getting someone's car very bloody, and perhaps she was too proud to do that. Pride goeth before a fall, as the saying goes. She was a career woman before getting married, so it wouldn't surprise me if she were independent enough to attempt to walk to a hospital rather than asking for help.
What I keep coming back to is that she was seen alone both times that she was seen--first in her yard or driveway and later by the road. There was no attacker in sight.That fact suggests to me that her situation was a medical emergency rather than an attack.

It's possible that she tried to use the phone but collapsed and dislodged it from the wall. Maybe she thought she could flag someone down for a ride; maybe she realized that getting a ride would have meant getting someone's car very bloody, and perhaps she was too proud to do that. Pride goeth before a fall, as the saying goes. She was a career woman before getting married, so it wouldn't surprise me if she were independent enough to attempt to walk to a hospital rather than asking for help.
What I keep coming back to is that she was seen alone both times that she was seen--first in her yard or driveway and later by the road. There was no attacker in sight.That fact suggests to me that her situation was a medical emergency rather than an attack.

I, too, doubt she was attacked, or at least not by someone who meant to kill her.

I can't discount the theory that an abortion provider might have come to the house, but I think it's more likely if she needed an abortion she would have gone someplace else to have it done, not have someone come to her home and risk the neighbors seeing him/her and wondering who the person is. The car in the driveway is strange and those who saw it insist they saw it before police arrived. The presence of the car has made me wonder if maybe she had another man and perhaps he came to the residence, they argued, he hit her and caused bleeding from her nose or mouth. He might have left after that but if she was bleeding heavily or had hit her head during the argument she might have been disoriented. Perhaps she knew this man was coming over and that's why she sent the daughter to the neighbor's house to play.

Didn't she also mow the lawn that day too? She must have been feeling fine until whatever happened, happened. She'd had a very busy morning with the dentist, the lawn work, preparing lunch for the kids, etc. I still think some complication might have arisen from the dental work, all of a sudden, and maybe it was combined with a reaction to the numbing agent she'd received. Possible (but more rare) reactions to it can include confusion, disorientation, low blood pressure, and so forth. My second theory is she may have had an abortion, not that same day, but earlier in the week. Her husband being out of town would be a good time to schedule it. It could be she tried to do too much physical activity too soon. Or maybe she did have a tubal pregnancy, as someone else suggested, and it ruptured. My sister-in-law nearly died from a tubal pregnancy before she got to the hospital. I would think a normal miscarriage would have come on more gradually, allowing her time to call for help.

I, too, doubt she was attacked, or at least not by someone who meant to kill her.

I can't discount the theory that an abortion provider might have come to the house, but I think it's more likely if she needed an abortion she would have gone someplace else to have it done, not have someone come to her home and risk the neighbors seeing him/her and wondering who the person is. The car in the driveway is strange and those who saw it insist they saw it before police arrived. The presence of the car has made me wonder if maybe she had another man and perhaps he came to the residence, they argued, he hit her and caused bleeding from her nose or mouth. He might have left after that but if she was bleeding heavily or had hit her head during the argument she might have been disoriented. Perhaps she knew this man was coming over and that's why she sent the daughter to the neighbor's house to play.

Didn't she also mow the lawn that day too? She must have been feeling fine until whatever happened, happened. She'd had a very busy morning with the dentist, the lawn work, preparing lunch for the kids, etc. I still think some complication might have arisen from the dental work, all of a sudden, and maybe it was combined with a reaction to the numbing agent she'd received. Possible (but more rare) reactions to it can include confusion, disorientation, low blood pressure, and so forth. My second theory is she may have had an abortion, not that same day, but earlier in the week. Her husband being out of town would be a good time to schedule it. It could be she tried to do too much physical activity too soon. Or maybe she did have a tubal pregnancy, as someone else suggested, and it ruptured. My sister-in-law nearly died from a tubal pregnancy before she got to the hospital. I would think a normal miscarriage would have come on more gradually, allowing her time to call for help.
The car is a conundrum. I think it is possible that she was having an affair. (Supposedly the same car had been seen at the house about five days before.) Some sources state that the car was actually an unmarked police car (using radar to time cars driving by, perhaps?). If a lover did stop by, it's possible that he was gone before her emergency occurred. If she had an ectopic pregnancy, maybe rough sex could have caused a fallopian tube to start to rupture, with symptoms surfacing after her lover left. Some witnesses saw her cradling her abdomen, so I do think her problem was gynecological in nature.
The fact that the blood trail ended at the end of the driveway is also puzzling, but it could be a coincidence.
I think she probably collapsed and died in an inconspicuous spot. It's possible that her body was inadvertantly buried during the construction of the freeway (as one researcher suggested). There's a small possibilty that someone deliberately covered up her accidental death. I rate the possibility of murder very low and the possibility that she ran off at close to zero.

This case of Mrs Risch is mysterious and tragic for me. I would like to notice something in reference to the pdf and pictures from the crime scene:

1. Is there a network cable from the phone missing? Shouldn't be connected to the network socket (located below the phone at the floor baseboard)?
So it looks that someone broke not only the earphone with cable but the network cable also.
Does anybody see it on the picture?

2. It is interesting for me if it was possible to check (in early 60') where she was calling before the incident. Phone billings should say more.

3. Some people think that coathanger which was left on the Mrs. Risch's car roof could be used to perform abortion. In my opinion definitely not. That day a laundry worker was in Risch's house and took some clothes. The article from 1962 newspaper refers to a suit, so hanger could be left accidentally.

4. There is an incomprehensible suggestion in the pdf document (just as on the website http://truth-link.org/)
that Mrs. Risch's body was buried at Mrs. B. Barker's property. What are the basics of such thinking? Evidence?
Can you simply indicate someone's land and claim that there was buried someone's corpse?

And the most important from my point of view:
I am not convinced the theory that she had some kind of "home accident" causing amnesia or some shock and in that condition left the house. Footprints have been purposely (and very precisely) removed from the floor. The main proof that she was not alone are unidentified fingerprints. Possible theories:
a) Mrs. Risch (with someone else) simulated her own murder / abortion.
b) Mrs. Risch has been badly beaten or murdered.

Thank's for listening.

could the dentist also have been the abortionist? she left the children with the neighbor so they wouldn't be there during the procedure. a few hours later she's putting the baby down for a nap and starts to bleed. she thinks it will stop, even begins cleaning up. the bleeding continues and she finally gets scared. she looks up emergency services and slips in the blood, ripping the phone from the wall. i could even see her continuing to try and clean up, this is not something she wants found out. where she went after that, i can't explain - wandered off in a daze? picked up by someone? forced to leave? after reading the thread i don't think i saw any account of the phone records being investigated, i.e. did she actually call anyone before her departure

Where or how do I start a new thread. I'm new here and have had images in my head of a woman locked in either a deep freeze or box in the back of a semi for years. I googled any and all missing persons stories and can't find her.

could the dentist also have been the abortionist? she left the children with the neighbor so they wouldn't be there during the procedure. a few hours later she's putting the baby down for a nap and starts to bleed. she thinks it will stop, even begins cleaning up. the bleeding continues and she finally gets scared. she looks up emergency services and slips in the blood, ripping the phone from the wall. i could even see her continuing to try and clean up, this is not something she wants found out. where she went after that, i can't explain - wandered off in a daze? picked up by someone? forced to leave? after reading the thread i don't think i saw any account of the phone records being investigated, i.e. did she actually call anyone before her departure

Interesting theory with the dentist-abortionist. It is strange that in the state of daze she thoroughly cleaned apartment from footprints or feet. Why she would remove only those traces? Blood wasn't erased only footprints. It indicates very conscious and intentional act.

If the intention of the wiping of the floor was to remove shoe prints in the blood, then I think someone else was there with her. There would be no need for Joan to conceal her own shoe prints in her own house. I thought maybe she started to clean up the mess, not realizing how seriously she was hurt/ill, then became disoriented and wandered out of the house. But if a lover/abortionist/attacker was in the house, he wouldn't be concerned about removal of blood so much as removal of any trace he was ever there.

I have never understood the abortion theory. What evidence is there that suggests Joan may have had an abortion?

There was an obvious struggle in the kitchen and there were blood smears and drops throughout the house. There is no reason to even think Joan was pregnant.

As far as I can tell the only 'evidence' supporting an abortion is

1.) Joan regretted giving up her career
2.) Abortions were illegal at the time
3.) a botched abortion can lead to hemorrhage and death

This isn't directed at any poster, I'm just curious why others give the abortion possibility any weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[video=youtube;iJXmFfHhkLU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJXmFfHhkLU[/video]

[video=youtube;07Y1NvxyZes]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07Y1NvxyZes&t=29s[/video]

[video=youtube;iJXmFfHhkLU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJXmFfHhkLU&list=PLRDqJgoYV9W-KZqRtvlCflQLumw6mROqY[/video]

I wonder if they can run the partial prints with today's technology? they may be able to come up with match they Governments data base is huge.

Yes even if there were not quite enough points to settle on one individual, they should be able to narrow it down to few who could then be checked out for alibis.

I have never understood the abortion theory. What evidence is there that suggests Joan may have had an abortion?

There was an obvious struggle in the kitchen and there were blood smears and drops throughout the house. There is no reason to even think Joan was pregnant.

As far as I can tell the only 'evidence' supporting an abortion is

1.) Joan regretted giving up her career
2.) Abortions were illegal at the time
3.) a botched abortion can lead to hemorrhage and death

This isn't directed at any poster, I'm just curious why others give the abortion possibility any weight.

It was not an abortion unless her husband lied about her not being pregnant. I understand there are some people in here who are not fully adults yet but there is no way a husband would not at least suspect his wife being pregnant if only from his knowledge of her missed period.

Didn't I read that there were no paper towels? In this video, isn't that paper towels at the 7:35 marker?

There are paper towels on this photo of the scene:
90c4ac1cdbb92559092480bfe7faebb8.png

It was not an abortion unless her husband lied about her not being pregnant. I understand there are some people in here who are not fully adults yet but there is no way a husband would not at least suspect his wife being pregnant if only from his knowledge of her missed period.
Well but did husbands really follow their wife's cycle back then? I can guarantee my dad didn't. Well, okay, I suppose they might have kept track of when she didn't want to have sex and said it was that? Idk I think it's not too hard to pretend you're not pregnant if you are and vice versa. Idk

Eta: I'm an adult woman who has been pregnant.

There are paper towels on this photo of the scene:
90c4ac1cdbb92559092480bfe7faebb8.png

See, there aren't used, dirty and bloody towels. Why and where they were removed?

According to the newspaper from 1962 (pdf page 42):
"Mrs Risch Appeared to be walking fast or running and carrying something red."
From the testimony of Mrs. Barker when she saw Mrs. Risch 2:30: "I saw something red"

We don't know what it was. Towels?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back