MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't impressed - she seemed unprepared and hadn't even reviewed the phone evidence regarding JO never stepping foot inside the residence. I felt it was a bit of a desperate attempt by the defense to put her on the stand tbh.

Dr. Russell was severely limited by the judge. The judge set a limitation that she could only testify about the dog bites nothing else. The prosecutor knew this and played it. The judge would not even allow her to state her final conlusion. The FBI are severally restricted too.

@KristinaRex

Dr. Sheridan says he was struck by the absence of bruising and fractures, particularly on midsection and legs. He doesn't believe O'Keefe's injuries are consistent with being hit by a car.

Dr. Sheridan says injuries could be consistent with a physical altercation. Specifically: laceration above right eye, some scratches on face, bruising on right hand.

@SueNBCBoston

The AC is off. We can hear better.Lally is allowing the doctor to talk about several attacks he has seen, telling detailed stories about the dog attacks, the jury continues to pay attention.All this to get to a yes, he has seen attacks on just one part of the body.

10:05 AM · Jun 24, 2024

@BienickWCVB

Sheridan says he recalls a couple of cases where the injuries were limited to one part of the body.

Sheridan says he cannot say what kind of animal it was.

"I'm not sure that I remember that," Sheridan says when Lally asks if he reviewed UC Davis lab results that showed no canine DNA on O'Keefe's clothing.

@BienickWCVB

Sheridan says he was not aware of photos of a bite mark caused by the Alberts' dog, Chloe. Says he didn't know about the plastic pieces found in O'Keefe's clothing, nor that O'Keefe's DNA was found on taillight.

"I asked about that, myself," Sheridan says about the DNA reports. But it sounds like he did not see those reports. Lally seems to be trying to indicate Sheridan was provided cherry-picked info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member