VERDICT WATCH MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You kidding me? So because she didn't take her shoes off, that means she knew he was dead and she killed him? I can't even say what I want to here or I'll get banned. What an absolute joke!
I am so confused. seriously. I think he meant to say JO did not take off his shoes at Fariview, messed up and said KR did not take off her shoes in O'Keefes house.

@JHall7news

Prosecutor Lally shows Jurors this side by side photo showing the back of the Lexus. He notes how snowy the car was when it got to the Canton PD. Notes Jackson calls the hair found on the bumper "the magic hair." He says it was frozen to the car by the snow.

1719331593770.png

Lally attacks the Read defense team conspiracy theory. AL: "the criminal mastermind genius Brian Albert is going to leave the body on his own lawn? Really? " Mr O'keefe went into the house. He runs down a bunch of witnesses who were at a birthday party for Albert's son Brian Jr

I am so confused. seriously. I think he meant to say JO did not take off his shoes at Fariview, messed up and said KR did not take off her shoes in O'Keefes house.
No, his point was that JO had a strict rule about no shoes on in the house. But KR wore hers in the house that night, knowing JO was dead so the rule didn’t matter anymore

What's this about not taking her shoes off? What possible relevance does this have?
One or two witnesses stated something to the tunes of "john was a neat freak and everyone knew not to wear shoes in his house". I think they're trying to imply that nobody would leave their shoes on in john's house unless they knew he wasn't returning, or something

MOO

@BienickWCVB

Jackson's notes were printed and in a binder. Lally's notes are handwritten on a yellow legal pad.

The judge gives Lally a five-minute warning.

Jackson's closing argument included references to tyranny and justice. He complimented the jurors for their civic duty. Lally's closing is more of a recitation of evidence he presented at trial.

But did that come up during trial? I don't think he would have been allowed to mention that if it didn't.
Yeah, I don't believe it came up. And anyway to me is not a very strong point when there was so much great evidence for the defense as it was. If jury goes for guilty that will be through no fault of defense imo.

I don't believe Lally's closing is as compelling as Jackson's. He's weaving in too many untruths. Is jury still alert enough to see this? moo
Lally’s closing was so compelling that I opted to go clean my cat’s litter box and water my garden halfway through. Sadly, I returned at his 5-minute warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viki Cowan