MISTRIAL MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow. They’re doubling down. What a waste of time, money, and taxpayer resources.

Maybe a better prosecutor will help, but too bad you can’t stick the crappy toothpaste of that investigation back in the tube.
I'm sure he'll be paid really well, but Emily D. Baker thinks he might well recommend the charges be dismissed once he realizes what he'd be up against, particularly with regard to the state's inability to come up with a viable accident reconstruction theory or expert. It was no accident that the CW could only come up with poor Trooper Joe Paul the first time. No actual expert would want to ruin his/her reputation like that.

Auto accidents are usually pretty easy to reconstruct. Not this one. Because it's impossible to reconstruct something that never happened.

The Canton Police Audit meeting was completely off the rails earlier this evening. Both the Sandra Birchmore case and the Karen Read investigation were brought up. At one point one of the members expressed absolutely no concern whatsoever about how JOK's blood was collected in Solo Cups and how other evidence placed in shopping bags. There were several explosive moments during the meeting. After watching it I have absolutely 100% NO DOUBT that there was a sustained effort to frame Karen Reed. Members of the Canton community must have been appalled at the behavior of such so called officials. I've never seen behavior like that from adults in a formal setting like that before. It really needs to be reported on a national scale. I can't believe a town is run in such fashion.

It made the local news! Believe me this was a very, VERY mild representation of how bad it got.

how are the members of the committee selected?

I'm just imagining a few scenarios here. I wonder if down the track, in the event, say, of cw giving up the prosecution of KR ( conjectured details.but just say current appeal is successful and.for various reasons CW backs down on retrial of count two -maybe Morissey is forced to resign over longer term corruption allegations, maybe owing to outcome of fed investigation; maybe the current fed investigation into Sandra Birchmore is going to crack open probs in Mass ME office, and bring the investigative actions and inactions of cops like trooper Guiliano and possibly Bukhenic and Tulley into focus resulting in a sweep out), even if it's years down the track, would or could JOK's case be reopened and reinvestigated as a cold case? With no publicity, just quietly. This is the death of a police officer and I don't believe it will be dropped for good.jmo

Imo the starting point would be to thoroughly address the arm injuries and on the basis of expert study of photographic evidence draw the imo inevitable conclusion; a dog caused them. Idk but I believe the photographic evidence! would be sufficient for a detailed analysis ( size, depth of wounds, symmetry etc). Once investigators are convinced of the probable cause of the wounds, the next move is to look at the Albert's who had a suspect dog residing at the very location where JOK's body was found. Again Idk, but maybe in this speculated scenario, detectives or whatnot would at least have a go at interviewing some of these folks, maybe some of the minor players first. Sorry if I'm going too far here, but in circumstances where down the track a cleared out cw did become convinced that JOK was injured by a dog, could there be undercover cops used perhaps to try and draw out someone?

The other point imo is that there could be stuff we don:t know going on in the background right now. Maybe Chloe is actually alive in Vermont and defense (or in my dreams the FBI with the help of the lovely Drs Russel and Rentschler -Dr Wolf helps too in my imagination lol-) have tracked her down and made some measurements of her claws (and teeth possibly) to have compared with photographic evidence. If she:s gone then measurements taken from a dog of same breed and similar size might help. Moo
exumation?

I'm sure he'll be paid really well, but Emily D. Baker thinks he might well recommend the charges be dismissed once he realizes what he'd be up against, particularly with regard to the state's inability to come up with a viable accident reconstruction theory or expert. It was no accident that the CW could only come up with poor Trooper Joe Paul the first time. No actual expert would want to ruin his/her reputation like that.

Auto accidents are usually pretty easy to reconstruct. Not this one. Because it's impossible to reconstruct something that never happened.
Try the basement. Of course everything has been removed, destroyed or rehomed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raquel222
Back