MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bishop Black

Former Member
Reaction score

Karen Read has been charged with second-degree murder, motor vehicle manslaughter and leaving the scene of a collision in the January 2022 death of her off-duty Boston Police Officer boyfriend John O'Keefe outside a Canton, Mass., home.

She's pleaded not guilty to the charges.

Leading up to his death, the couple of two years reportedly spent the night drinking and bar hopping with friends before Read, 43, dropped O'Keefe, 46, off at the home of a fellow off-duty police officer for an after-party, PEOPLE previously reported.

Prosecutors say as O'Keefe exited the vehicle, Read allegedly proceeded to make a three-point turn during a winter storm, striking her boyfriend in the process before driving off.

After O'Keefe failed to return home hours later, Read allegedly went looking for him, before finding his body in a snowbank outside the home where she allegedly left him.

Karen-Read-and-John-OKeefe-8c0b529e6823492aaf409a1c96c15ccc.jpg

john-okeefe-police-officer-dd6a844c30fa4341b2dba22774525391.jpg

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5

Last edited by a moderator:

Reposting Ph.D. Pastor John Tamilio’s interview.

It is very saddening that, paraphrasing Martin Luther, the child has been thrown with the bathwater, as instead of Justice for JO, his family and wards, the focus of attention has switched to “Free Karen Read.”

This being said, I feel that people like BA are paying for the hubris of not walking out of the house when the tragedy happened to JO. I still don’t know if BA attended JO’s funerals. What happens is while none of these things minimally proves guilt, they present a character, and if the character is not nice, people stop caring. To add to it Trooper Proctor’s texts, and I understand why people might be incensed.

I am wondering - and please forgive if I am mentioning it as in my eyes, the witnesses are the victims of harassment - but if any of them was part of a popular group in school. If yes, then any classmate who was on the receiving end, bullying-wise, from anyone in that group, not them specifically, can now be thinking “you didn’t stand up for me then, serves you well now.”

So the Canton being split, IMHO, is not only due to FKR factor, it is due to the nepotism, when one brother is in PD, the other one is Canton selectman, and hubris mounts. So what happens now, as I suspect, may be lack of interest in what happens to the As.

On the other hand, IMHO, hiring or involving a sketchy outsider who’s now accused of witnesses intimidation is beyond the pale. If the As and the Mcs are not involved in what happened to JO, and I suspect they aren’t, then demanding accountability for nepotism, hubris, abuse of power, alcoholism, intermingling work and personal relationships is OK. Being accused of murder by some wild crowd is definitely not.

Maybe Canton should be a learning case. It may happen anywhere and in uglier form.

On the other hand, IMHO, hiring or involving a sketchy outsider who’s now accused of witnesses intimidation is beyond the pale. If the As and the Mcs are not involved in what happened to JO, and I suspect they aren’t, then demanding accountability for nepotism, hubris, abuse of power, alcoholism, intermingling work and personal relationships is OK. Being accused of murder by some wild crowd is definitely not.

Maybe Canton should be a learning case. It may happen anywhere and in uglier form.
Who are you referring to as a sketchy outsider? Turtleboy or the defense team?

Some 50 Karen Read supporters march once again outside Norfolk County District Attorney Michael Morrissey’s office this Friday afternoon (May 31) on Shawmut Road in Canton. This demonstration comes after 5 weeks of prosecution testimony in the controversial case.

Good morning, y'all!

We’re into week six of the trial and I am still on the fence asking where’s the evidence. The CW does not need to show motive, however, evidence is a must show. Where’s the evidence that shows KR did this crime? Will the medical examiner get on the stand? Were there any injuries to JOK’s femur (thigh bones) and injuries to him below the neck?
Will continue to wait ...

-- Hos long before we see any evidence
-- Hos long before we see the lead investigator take the stand
-- Hos long before ADA shows evidence to seal the CW case

Thought it's interesting no obituary for JOK found.

all moo - speculation

Justice for John O'Keefe

However, a forensic toxicologist says if Read had her last drink at 12:45 a.m., her BAC around the time O'Keefe was hit would have been 0.13with a maximum of 0.29.

"It's just so that encompass essentially anybody within the general population, that they would be somewhere in between that lower limit and that upper limit," said Nicholas Roberts, former toxicology unit employee at Massachusetts State Police crime lab.

Monday will be a full day of testimony with a shortened lunch break but there's no court Tuesday. Wednesday will be a full day, Thursday a half day and then no court on Friday.

This is from a previous prosecution filing in the Karen Read case re: Sert Team search:"Members from the SERT team located a black Nike sneaker with a white Nike logo along the side, matching the one worn by the victim at the time his body was discovered. In the same area, where the body had been recovered, two red plastic pieces ofa tail light were located, consistent to the pieces missing from the defendant's black Lexus. One piece of clear plastic tail light was located in the same area as well, also consistent with the broken tail light of the Lexus."

9:14 AM · Jun 3, 2024

@TedDanielnews

We are underway. ADA Adam Lally calls Lt. Kevin O'Hara. He leads the Special Emergency Response Team (SERT) for the Mass State Police. SERT was called to look for evidence at 34 Fairview Rd.

Last edited9:08 AM · Jun 3, 2024
why the sert team and not crime scene investigation dept? Where is the crime scene investigation dept? Does canton even have one?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member